As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

EAST Post-PAX Party, Sun4/8 @ Jillian's Boston 8-11pm *CANCELED*

XRXR [E] LULKILRegistered User regular
edited April 2012 in PAX Archive
CANCELED UPDATE- *Event canceled as the minimum 50 attendees was not reached. I'm sorry for those who purchased tickets already or if your are now trying to buy a ticket. If you have purchased tickets they should be refunded and should at least see an email about the refund soon. Sorry that this event couldn't work but lets try to make the East Post-PAX Party a success next year!

I will most likely still show up at Jillian's on Sunday anyways. I will let Jillian's know that a group of PAX-ers may show up. ~LULK *

old update-
*UPDATE*- I have to tell Jillians if we are going to reach 50 people by Wednesday Morning so please get your tickets by tomorrow. If 50 tickets are not sold then the party will be canceled (purchased tickets will be refunded) and I'll just tell Jillians to expect a big party (whether or not people show up).

(sorry about the last post folks, had to use my old forum name)
(Planning this party is late, like really late. BUT WHY NOT?! )

Welcome to the East Post-PAX Party! I don't know if this is a 1st annual EAST party, but the event is in line with the Prime Post-PAX party hosted by ARCO (who has done great work for PPP).

"The Post-PAX Party is a last-ditch, hail-mary, all-for-one effort to have the most fun possible after the doors close on PAX EAST. We're going to hook up consoles to TVs, play pool, foosball, bowl, and ping pong, eat, drink, and party our asses off all night long before we all go back to our regular lives. It's an afterparty, a farewell, and a celebration, all rolled into one. If you don't have anywhere to be Sunday night, you should join us. Ask around: it's really fun."

I'm pleased to announce, we're rolling out to Jillian's Boston!

http://jilliansboston.com/

Sunday, April 8th
8:00pm - 11:00pm+
18+ Event

BUY TICKETS HERE

Highlights of the evening include:

-Polo and VIP Rooms all for ourselves (may have to leave room after 11pm)
-Appetizer Buffet fully stocked for 2 hours which includes: Mac and Cheese Bites, Coconut Shrimp, Chips & Salsa, Veggie Egg Rolls, Buffalo Chicken Bites
-Private Cash bar for our group
-4 private lanes of bowling (shoes included!) (max 10 per lane so there will be a signup sheet to ensure everyone gets a chance to bowl who wants too)
-1 wii station with monitor, 1 xbox station with monitor that could be connected with other gaming systems (there are other TVs in the room and I need to ask if we can use them)
-11 pool tables
-1 ping pong table
-coin operated foosball table
-tables for tabletop gaming

We're also doing a raffle, just like Prime PPP. There will be a separate ticket that is by donation. All donations will do directly to purchasing raffle items. One raffle ticket is included in the price of admission.

Tickets are $40 and they will be on sale HERE. We're renting out most of the 3rd floor- LARGE Polo and VIP rooms of this place, so max number of ticket sales is 200 people! NEED to have 50 people to book by Thursday April 4th otherwise will have to cancel event. I'm counting on you guys to spread the word and sell at least 50 tickets (perfer to sell this thing out), because as always, no one fronts the bill for this thing. Everyone pays an equal share and we have to sell all the tickets to pay for the event. QUICKLY!

What's that? You still aren't convinced and you want pictures? Okay!

Rooms:
vip_room.jpg
VIP-pool-tables.jpg
Polo.jpg
Polo2.jpg
Colored-Lucky-Strike-FINAL-08-22-11.jpg

Bowling lanes:
lucky_strike_2.jpg

Not good enough? Still have questions? Perhaps I can assist you in the form of a spoilerized F.A.Q.
Q: When is this event taking place?
A: Sunday, April 8th, from 8:00-11:00+.

Q: Where is this event taking place?
A: Jillian's Boston 145 Ipswich Street Boston, MA 02215. Google Maps here. Parking and directions here.

Q: How long will this event last?
A: Officially, the party lasts three hours. During that time we have the most of the 3rd floor (VIP and Polo rooms) to ourselves, plus 11 dedicated pool tables, foosball, and ping pong. During this time food and drinks are served for party guests and we can also hook video games up to the various TVs in the venue. 4 private lanes of bowling will be reserved for our group during this time with shoe rental included. (I may ask for more depending on how many tickets are sold)

After the three hour mark, we lose that stuff. We might have to leave the room. But they aren't going to kick us out, and at previous PPP the party has gone on until the venue closes, which is far into the wee hours of the morning.

Q: Is this event 21+?
A: Nope. 18+, but if you're under 21 please don't drink or try to drink. Jillian's said they are normally 21+ but we got special permission for 18+.

Q: How much will this event cost?
A: I'm very pleased to announce that the ticket price is only $40

Q: Do I need to buy a ticket, or can I just show up?
A: You do need to buy a ticket in advance, and space is limited. The Eventbrite Tickets registration page is located here. Ticket sales close on Thursday 4/5 to confirm number of people to Jillian's.

Q: What kind of food is served?
A: Appetizer-type stuff. Mac and Cheese Bites, Coconut Shrimp, Chips & Salsa, Veggie Egg Rolls, Buffalo Chicken Bites, all included in the ticket price, and the food is fully stocked for 2 hours and will be left for the duration of the party.

Q: Is alcohol served?
A: Yup. Jillian's has a private cash bar in our reserved rooms.

Q: Is alcohol included in the ticket price?
A: No, I was told that the State cannot provide alcohol this way.

Q: I heard you have video games. What kind?
A: As of now we have confirmed two video game stations- one wii and one xbox (not sure if its 360). We can hook whatever gaming systems we want to these. There are other TVs in the room on the walls but I need to confirm if we can hook systems up to those. It would be great to have rock band going but will need to ask volunteers to provide the systems and gear. I fully plan on hooking up as many consoles as I can get my hands on to provide you guys with a wide variety of games to play and short lines to wait in. If you're willing to offer up a console and some games for the evening, please get in touch with me via PM.

Q: What's with this raffle thing?
A: All attendees are encouraged to throw down some money for our raffle. Each ticket also comes with one raffle ticket, which will be thrown into a hat along with everyone else's. Before the party I will collect all the raffle donations and go on a crazy spending spree for FABULOUS PRIZES, which will be raffled off at some point during the party. Previous PPP's prizes included a StarCraft 2 Collector's Edition, a light-up BioShock EVE hypo, Bacon Soap, and lots of other cool stuff. I try not to disappoint. It will all depend on donations.

Q: So there's Bowling?
A: YES! Right now we have 4 private lanes for our party. Shoe rental is include aka FREE. Max 10 people per lane. I plan on implementing a signup sheet for bowlers and limit bowling time IF there is a waitlist. Depending on how many tickets are sold, I may ask for MORE free lanes.

Actions-
-Need to get video games to play! Anyone willing to bring rockband / projectors / systems to play?
-Confirm how many screens that can be used for video games.

So subscribe to the thread for updates, tell your friends, buy your tickets, donate to the raffle, and I'll see you all at the Post-PAX Party!

XR on

• ObernathusObernathus Registered User regular
    This is awesome. I've had events here and it's totally cool. Will work on getting that $40!

• septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    Im in! This rounds out things quite nicely for the weekend.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Pretty sure your topic is misspelled, supposed to be Jillian's right?

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Woo, PPEP is go! Back-to-back Jillian's action to boot too. Jillian's should look into sponsoring this for Prime and East now :rotate:

• ShaderShader The Master Ranger Registered User regular
    Woo! Definitely interested, I'll be checking back for that sign-up link!

• TangoTango Registered User regular
    I applaud you for getting this sorted at such short notice! Bravo, sir.

• SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    Glad this is getting good feedback, I was excited to see it and would be in for 2 tickets. : )

3DS: 2964-9827-0033
  • CtrlAltDftCtrlAltDft Luis Registered User regular
    ETA for when tickets will be available?

• XRXR [E] LULK ILRegistered User regular
    Thanks folks! I'll fix the title and I promise I'll get the tickets up tonight

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Awesome! The PPP last Prime at Jillians in Seattle was an incredible end to the weekend. Now all you need to do is call The Protomen! xD

I'll mention this to my team and see if they'd be interested in going, because I certainly am. Especially for the bowling!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    Ticket page is up! Let me know if you have any issues with it.

edited March 2012
    Ticket acquired! Ill make everyone a deal... you provide Rock Band, ill provide the wasted backup vocals to whoever is actually singing. Deal? What could go wrong?

septagon on
  • blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    very cool. Just got my ticket

• NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    Ooooo I should probably do this. The one at pax prime was hella fun. Apologies to anyone I handed an expired raffle ticket to, btw.

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sounds like fun. Count me in.
    Also...

LF190M PPP PST

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    This looks like fun, but I am not able to get tickets at the moment. Is there any chance of a walkin?

That_Guy wrote: »
    This looks like fun, but I am not able to get tickets at the moment. Is there any chance of a walkin?

Well the topic and OP say need to get your ticket by 4/5, so I'm going to guess no.

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    By the way, might want to make the ticket link a little more prominent (like the jlilian's link). It's kinda buried in there at the moment.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • ShaderShader The Master Ranger Registered User regular
    I've got my ticket. Is the place so large it can accommodate up to 200 persons easily? (Having never been to this venue before I feel I must poke and prod until answers appear ^_^)

I've been told that the venue max is 200, although it would be busy. The way its looking right now I don't think we will get 50. I only have I think 8 paid.

XR wrote: »
    I've been told that the venue max is 200, although it would be busy. The way its looking right now I don't think we will get 50. I only have I think 8 paid.

Valiant effort to get something going this late in the game, but I think the reality is that it just lost its steam since there was no action for so long. Next year! ;)

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Just saw this and am signed up!

That buffet shall feel a wrath never before brought forth!

bb678ad5b96f97c9a21389e4964ea13a7ef8dc14.jpg

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • FearlessTeacherFearlessTeacher Registered User regular
    payday=i'm there

• Captain Spaulding IICaptain Spaulding II [E] Marlborough, MARegistered User regular
    What sort of numbers do we have signed up for this so far?

What sort of numbers do we have signed up for this so far?

According to Eventbrite, there are 12 paid tickets. If there are not 50 paid tickets by Thursday, the event will be canceled. I think this is a valiant effort by @XR, but was a tad too late since the original plan sort of fizzled out. If @XR is willing, he can likely have a rockin event planned for PAX East 2013 early enough so that cancellation won't be an issue.

• Captain Spaulding IICaptain Spaulding II [E] Marlborough, MARegistered User regular
    Well, in the event that this does get officially cancelled, we could always just all 12 of us show up and grab a table at Jillians sans the buffet.

Next year, I'll start clambering for this sooner and hopefully we can get more people to factor it into their travel plans and such. I never know what to do with myself after closing ceremonies on Sunday, it'd be nice to have an venue to decompress with fellow attendees.

Well, in the event that this does get officially cancelled, we could always just all 12 of us show up and grab a table at Jillians sans the buffet.

Next year, I'll start clambering for this sooner and hopefully we can get more people to factor it into their travel plans and such. I never know what to do with myself after closing ceremonies on Sunday, it'd be nice to have an venue to decompress with fellow attendees.

I think it was less not starting early enough and more that nobody stepped up with an actual planned event until pretty late. There was a lot of /interest/ without a lot of /action/. It happens when trying to get an event off the ground like this.

Yep, I was gonna leave the tickets open till Wednesday. If I don't get 50 by then, then I'll call Jillians and tell them that we couldn't get 50 but to expect a large group to arrive.

You could try adding this to the list on the PAX Parties thread for increased visibility.

I've been told that I have to let Jillian's know by Wednesday morning, so please get your tickets by then.

• Shoot-ManShoot-Man Registered User regular
    Bought a ticket. Arco's Post-PAX parties in Seattle were always tons of fun. Last year's was completely epic. Here's to continuing the tradition on the east coast!

There are men who shoot, and then there is Shoot-Man!

"I am compelled to shoot!"
    edited April 2012
    Update- *Event canceled as the minimum 50 attendees was not reached. I'm sorry for those who purchased tickets already or if your are now trying to buy a ticket. If you have purchased tickets they should be refunded and should at least see an email about the refund soon. Sorry that this event couldn't work but lets try to make the East Post-PAX Party a success next year! ~LULK *

Will update OP.

XR on
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Truly a valiant attempt, XR.
    It woulda been awesome, and thanks again for picking up the ball!!

So far the only Sunday event I'm aware of is the Barcraft where a bunch will be watching the IPL4 Starcraft 2 tournament being held in Vegas.

Details can be found in the PAX Parties thread's OP.

Not really a post-PAX party, per say, but there it is.
    Maybe it can be turned into one. ^_^'

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra