As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Glory and approbation to Diablo 3 Thread (evil is back 05.15.12)

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

this way lies madness

2x39jD4.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    i cannot

god I will not spend the next 53 days 14 hours 56 minutes 38 seconds watching this fucking thing but I

can't

look away

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    forget diablo 3, when are they going to release a sequel to Drug Wars, the hit game for the TI 83+ graphing calculator

Does anyone remember Pimp Wars around 2002? It was a site based game and every hour you get 6 turns to do drive bys, make crack, pimp out hoes for money, etc.

Anytime you accessed the website there'd be an animation with the sound of some guy saying "Bitch give me my fuckin money *smack*"

I hate my highschool self.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    hey so I accidentally hit my head a bit getting out of my car here a minute ago

any chance that it caused me to lapse into a coma for two months and diablo 3 is getting released tomorrow?

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

any chance that it caused me to lapse into a coma for two months and diablo 3 is getting released tomorrow?

You went into a coma and missed the announcement that it has been delayed until 2013

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    they actually launched the game while you were in the coma and then recalled it just before you woke up

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

You went into a coma and missed the announcement that it has been delayed until 2013

Woo! I win the release date pool!

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    11% is depressing

Time between initial announcement and release is ~96.2 % :P

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    they actually launched the game while you were in the coma and then recalled it just before you woke up

fuck

Rolo wrote: »

fuck

don't worry it's only a few short decades before Diablo IV

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Something wacky is going on with my game, when it launches it also launches something called agent.exe which is like a command prompt and shows everything the game is doing.

And I can't post on the official forums because it says I don't have a beta account attached to my account, which my account page and ability to play the beta refute.

edit: Oh I guess this is affecting everyone. And the agent thing only comes up when I launch it from steam.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    oh man if anybody hasn't tried the beta in the last two patches they are doing themselves a disservice

just did a 1-10 run on a wizard, things were actually a bit challenging if I was careless and you can't immediately deck yourself out in tier 2 gear as soon as you return to town with the crown. whole thing felt real good.

augh now I want the full game even more :<

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    someone give me a beta invite

right now

this is imperative to the safety of the human race

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    ledneh you can't have one I bitched about it before you did so I have dibs, deal w/it

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    actually nah you can have it

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Somebody give me a beta invite

I can't use it since I dont have a computer capable of running D3 I just want to have one

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Current internet rumor is the pvp was removed to fine tune it for #esports

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    WoW PvP may have turned me off from action RPG PvP forever, but memories of Nox fuel my hopes for Diablo 3.

Please Blizzard don't make the mistake of having a low skill cap and a high gear cap that creates an unending loop of boring, shitty PvP where grinding and gear matters more than knowledge of the game in all but the very tippy toppest brackets at which point the PvP system is only slightly more engaging.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

I have a hard time believing they'd walk back their ealier statements specifically noting that they didn't want it to be an esport. I'm not ruling it out entirely, but it seems like an awfully drastic change from what we were told half a year ago.

Granted, a lot has changed dramatically since that info dump, but the community response to that choice in particular seemed pretty much almost unanimous approval. Is it really worth that kind of nightmare to balance 5 classes across 19 quadrillion (hyperbole) builds with nigh infinite gear variation? If it's anything like my experiences in the WoW BG's and Arena, they'll do their best, and then someone will break it wide the fuck open about five minutes after it's released, and then it's a never ending series of adjustment patches.

Oh well, even if that's the case, it's no sweat off my back, I'd just be doing whatever little achievements I felt like for banner bits, and they've said that the design allows them to tweak individual abilities independant of PVE functionality. So as long as we don't see WoW style "this is too good in the arenas so we're nerfing the ever loving shit out of it in general", I guess it's not something to sweat.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I wonder if they've changed any of the things expressed here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E452S_fJwA

I hope not. Gogo casual PvP

4SMZq.jpg
    remove all pvp from games

2x39jD4.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular

this but unironically

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Remove all pve from games, and make good pvp.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    Beasteh wrote: »

this but unironically

no I honestly dont enjoy pvp in pretty much any game that isnt an fps or league of legends

I dont mind it being there but I never take part unless there is a reward that will benefit me in pve, which there shouldnt be

2x39jD4.jpg
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    I only ever played pvp I'm diablo ii once

It wasn't very fun

I much prefer running around with some dudes just clicking on monsters

ipsesignew.jpg
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    That part of why I'm more of a fan of PVE. The AI doesn't get butthurt when it gets crowd controlled and violated three ways simultaneously. Other than a balance pass to ensure that a given ability isn't just a one button ticket to win, they don't need to worry about the monsters caring how much it hurts, they don't start 200 page forum threads demanding that X ability is nerfed, Y is buffed and Z is fine (ignore that Z is probably too powerful OH GOD WHY DID YOU NERF Z WTFBBQ!!!1111oneeleven!).

Basically, people are the problem, and if my experience in WoW is any indication, far too many people want to be the Rock declaring that Paper needs to be nerfed and that Scissors are fine.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    Oh you think that won't happen anyway?

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    That part of why I'm more of a fan of PVE. The AI doesn't get butthurt when it gets crowd controlled and violated three ways simultaneously. Other than a balance pass to ensure that a given ability isn't just a one button ticket to win, they don't need to worry about the monsters caring how much it hurts, they don't start 200 page forum threads demanding that X ability is nerfed, Y is buffed and Z is fine (ignore that Z is probably too powerful OH GOD WHY DID YOU NERF Z WTFBBQ!!!1111oneeleven!).

Basically, people are the problem, and if my experience in WoW is any indication, far too many people want to be the Rock declaring that Paper needs to be nerfed and that Scissors are fine.

Exactly why I love that they are keeping the balancing for PvE and PvP in Starcraft and Diablo III separate. PvP players get to whine about terrans being overpowered and stunlocking barbs while PvEers can play with awesome units and liquify a zombie's flesh and send their skeleton flying.

I may be slightly biased towards PvE.

pHWHd2G.jpg
    I get what you are saying, Forar, but you better believe people bitch up a storm about PvE. Encounters being too hard or too easy or the loot not being what they want and so on!

4SMZq.jpg
    mSFdh.jpg

I love having multiple monitors, but I couldn't be comfortable without one right in the middle. Boo to the kind of split he has going there

4SMZq.jpg
    edited March 2012
    i get nervous when there are candles in my immediate vicinity

Beasteh on
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i get nervous when there are candles in my immediate vicinity

Are you a moth?

brDe918.jpg
    a friend started a housefire a few years ago by knocking over a candle while i was in the bathroom

• CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    holy shit this game is coming out on my birthday.

holy shit.

• SporkacusSporkacus Registered User regular
    This game is coming out three days after I graduate... This is going to be an excellent May.

Holy shit this game is coming out a month before my finals.

• CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    Max Payne 3 is also coming out around the same time.

FUCK.

The solution is not to play max payne

Duh

ipsesignew.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Yeah much as I love Max Payne I think my time is going to be split between caring for baby and clicking on demons and making them explode

... I just better not get those two mixed up.

Moriveth on
This discussion has been closed.