As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] Badges are arriving! Do Not Post Pictures of your badges!

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Trion wrote: »
    Come one guys, don't be dicks about this. I really hope as adults (mostly) we can be mature about this and not be smartasses and just not post pics. Period. It's annoying and disrespectful to even pretend you're posting a badge picture.

But it's all part of our plan. If we see anybody outside the convention center selling live bobcats, we know we've got a counterfeiter.

Nah, that just means that someone is scalping bobcats, and the poor zoo will have to cut down on allowing photos of new bobcats, so that the scalpers have a harder time duplicating them.

Damn scalpers, ruining everything.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • scosner56scosner56 Registered User regular
    Got my PAX badge today...kinda sad I can't post a pic of it...oh well.

• MoltenSlowaMoltenSlowa Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Got my badge today, but I'm not sure what numbers everyone in this thread (and the OP) are talking about. Elaborate?

Nevermind, I got a quick and speedy reply in a PM. Thanks Zerzhul! :)

MoltenSlowa on
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    3ofv6t.jpg

Moe, I apologize. This was the first thing that popped into my mind when you said don't post the photos of the badges.

• girlgamer88girlgamer88 Registered User regular
    My 3 day badges arrived! (so did my trading cards! on the same day! whoa!) They're all pretty and shiny :) I'm also greatly enjoying the bobcat humor.

8BitBek

Future game art lady!
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Oh man, Looks like a bunch of New England-ers are getting their badges. That means good things for the mail today when it comes!

• gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Mine was sitting on the kitchen table when I came back from running errands...EPIC WIN!!!!!

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    On the plus side, searching google images for "PAX East 2012 badge" shows a ton of forum cards and the forum badge. lol. QUICK! FLOOD IT WITH CARDS!

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!

What's that you say? Yes we do? Oh. Well alright then.

(got my badge)

• TennbergTennberg Boston, MARegistered User regular
    My 3-day badge and my buddy's 3-day badge arrived today at my address. Since he's traveling from a foreign country (namely, Canada), he had his badge shipped to my address. A friend of his (also a Canadian) will be joining us, but he purchased 3 single-day badges a few weeks after we purchased ours. Are single-day badges being shipped after the 3-day badges?

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    Tennberg wrote: »
    My 3-day badge and my buddy's 3-day badge arrived today at my address. Since he's traveling from a foreign country (namely, Canada), he had his badge shipped to my address. A friend of his (also a Canadian) will be joining us, but he purchased 3 single-day badges a few weeks after we purchased ours. Are single-day badges being shipped after the 3-day badges?

no, my bf received his friend's single-day badges today at the same time we got our 3-day badges. how long ago did he order the badges? it's possible that because of the timing he'll have to get them at will-call. or, if he wasn't planning to have them sent to you as well, maybe he just didn't choose the international fed ex option (and thus will have to do will-call)?

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    Does this request extend to social networks? I made a couple people aware of this thread after seeing them post pics elsewhere, then realized that it says "on the forums".

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    since the goal is to deter counterfeiting, i would imagine the fewer pictures out there the better.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I got mine! It's a bit defective though, he's just a housecat.

TopherRocks on
  • LavadmLavadm Registered User regular
    Just wondering, checked my mailbox today and seem to not have em yet. Ordered back in janurary. Im guessing ill just get em monday or maybe later today. But i was wondering, did you guys order the Fed-Ex shipping? A friend of mine did by accident and he received his yesterday.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Lavadm wrote: »
    Just wondering, checked my mailbox today and seem to not have em yet. Ordered back in janurary. Im guessing ill just get em monday or maybe later today. But i was wondering, did you guys order the Fed-Ex shipping? A friend of mine did by accident and he received his yesterday.

There's no way to tell when you'll specifically get yours. They go out in waves, the first wave being early this week. I'm sure more waves are on their way already.

• Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    since the goal is to deter counterfeiting, i would imagine the fewer pictures out there the better.

Yea, I guess I can just let em know, and they can decide for themselves.

Exodus1 on
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    tumblr_m1cq4zMsM21qfp5bno1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1332615693&Signature=bbthX3UFFCHfYpuLGbKY7zMGapk%3D
    I got mine! I think he's defective, he's a bit small

But he looks so loving. I imagined them being more ferocious.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    my 3 1 days got here and i must say, the note that comes with the badge is funny as hell

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • LavadmLavadm Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Lavadm wrote: »

There's no way to tell when you'll specifically get yours. They go out in waves, the first wave being early this week. I'm sure more waves are on their way already.

Alright thanks. At what point do you think i should get worried? (Sorry first time PAX goer here:).)

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Yay for my badge.

Yea, the note is pretty awesome. Haha.
    RIGHT IN THE TRACHEA!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Just texted my husband, no badges for us yet. Boo. Do they come USPS?

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    Just texted my husband, no badges for us yet. Boo. Do they come USPS?

yes.

• XomasXomas Dork Windsor, CORegistered User regular
    All I have to say is.... "This years passes look f'n amazing!" Yeah, they are pretty freaking good looking this year, also amazed that I had no problems get my two different orders of passes.

Can't wait!!!

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I got mine today! :D

HI3789R.png
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    This thread is lacking in pictures of bobcats....
    lynx_and_baby-8460.jpg

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    SmallLady wrote: »
    This thread is lacking in pictures of bobcats....
    lynx_and_baby-8460.jpg

Is the smaller one the one-day pass?

PeasantDave on
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Haha oh man this is fantastic. So many bobcats! What have I started?! Anyone who finds me during PAX and lets me know how their bobcat is doing gets one of my pins.

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • TrionTrion Registered User regular
    I am enbadged.

• TeknoMonkeyTeknoMonkey Registered User regular
    Sweet. Just got mine in the mail a few minutes ago. Also, is tigers allowable? How about some love for the other types of cats out there?

for those in the dark... the bobcat reference comes from http://xkcd.com/325/

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Got mine in the mail too! Just two more weeks to go...

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Wait, are you saying the passes for PAX East are Bobcats or cats called Bob? Or are the cats called Bob Saturday only passes?

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• VolaroVolaro The Iron Gentleman Registered User regular
    Got my bobcat in the mail today. He's looking a bit off. They aren't supposed to glow, are they?

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    Would I run into any problems if I decorated the large empty space above the con logo with stickers or a attacking bob cat?

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Would I run into any problems if I decorated the large empty space above the con logo with stickers or a attacking bob cat?

Probably not a great idea.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    Got mine today!

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    Gotcha. Never hurts to ask.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Just got mine & the roommates. So shiny!
    There's a small chance that my mailbox might be filing charges due to what I shall call "excess vigor".

5I7JEDi.png
  • MesoianMesoian Registered User regular
    I guess it's a sign of the times that the first thing I wanted to do was post the picture of my badge to twitter. Luckily a friend of mine showed me this thread before it was too late.

I get it, but it sort of kills the hype factor...