As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mafia [mini] II - Epilogue: Not so Professional now eh? Village and Skull Man Victory!

1181920212224»

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    So we tried to vig you once during the game, were you vig immune or just required two hits?

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I was immune to the first hit each day, so yeah, it required two hits in a day to take me out.

I told Figgy that I was immune to the first time someone tried to kill me in a game, so if it came down to it, they would think they could just kill me later in the game. :twisted:

After reading your proboards, it looks like you guys just thought I was unkillable outside the vote and decided not to waste anymore time on me since you had the game won anyways.

• Options
    Here's my exact PM:
    You are…

…The Professional. The mobsters in this town do not realize the kind of trouble they are in. Syndicates from around the world have paid you a great deal of money on a number of various contracts. Time to take out the garbage and reclaim your place as the ace in this dastardly world.

Your victory condition is to eliminate every other player and be the last man standing.

Professional – Once per day you may select a person to learn their victory condition.

Just as Planned – Once per day you will automatically avoid the first attempt to kill you. This does not apply to the vote.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Yea there's a lot of permutations on making the SK a little more survivable that it can be frustrating to test them out. So we went with just leaving you there and eliminating everyone else. Turns out your aim helped a little too :winky: Did try and get you to vig me the last day since I knew I had the busdriver on me

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    I don't know what you did to jedi mindtrick me into targeting you, but it worked.

I was on the fence between You and Assuran. Should have learned by that point in the game to not trust my gut. lol.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    I'll slow clap that one outa here for ya.

Village had a pretty good list of specials to work with though and using the busdriver on one of us early is difficult as you never know which villagers are going to get killed randomly.

I mean what you had seer, 2 vigs, guard, roleblock, mason pair + the extra vig from the SK. Pretty good for a mini

One of our vigs was limited, I think (even day only?). And the SK was only working with us because he had nothing else to go on.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Obi, out of curiosity, what would have been your next step if you had been successful in killing the minority mafia? Everyone knew you were the serial killer and it clearly said in our win condition to eliminate all threats. I don't see how you could have won.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Taya wrote: »
    Obi, out of curiosity, what would have been your next step if you had been successful in killing the minority mafia? Everyone knew you were the serial killer and it clearly said in our win condition to eliminate all threats. I don't see how you could have won.
    Look at the numbers. Unless there were multiple days where there were 2 bad guys killed, it likely would have come down to only one majority left with him...Which I guess would be a host victory

EDIT: except for his 1st death immunity

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Look at the numbers. Unless there were multiple days where there were 2 bad guys killed, it likely would have come down to only one majority left with him...Which I guess would be a host victory

But majority and SK would vote for each other. They'd both die to the tie. And the majority would "extra die" from the SK's target.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I didn't think we had a chance at killing all of the minority mafia before they whittled down the majority to very few people.

So on day 4, I was hoping it would get down to so few people in the last couple days that I could just watch them kill each other and I would kill the last one remaining.

Probably a really naive plan, but I am still learning the mathematics and stuff of how this game works.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

But majority and SK would vote for each other. They'd both die to the tie. And the majority would "extra die" from the SK's target.

Most of the scenarios I looked at were like 1 bad guy, obi and 2 villagers, or a three way

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    1 bad guy, me, and two villagers could be worked out for a win for me.

I would probably have the bad guy contact me (since he would have to), who I would sell out to the village so they would vote for him, and I would vote with the bad guy. Have bad guy vig target a villager, the village vig targets me. So the vote looks like a tie, until I late vote switch and put the vote on the bad guy, I order my kill on the other remaining villager. So it would end up that the bad guy dies to vote, I avoid the village vig, one villager dies to bad guy vig and other dies to my vig.

Of course that would all have to go off without a hitch and it would never work out. But its possible.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Most of the scenarios I looked at were like 1 bad guy, obi and 2 villagers, or a three way

Clearly the best scenario.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular

Village had a pretty good list of specials to work with though and using the busdriver on one of us early is difficult as you never know which villagers are going to get killed randomly.

I mean what you had seer, 2 vigs, guard, roleblock, mason pair + the extra vig from the SK. Pretty good for a mini

One of our vigs was limited, I think (even day only?). And the SK was only working with us because he had nothing else to go on.

Not true, Smoove was inactive one day and his was the shown mafia faction kill on Day 1. Taya's was redirected on Skull Man.

In retrospect I should have made sure it looked like he was hit by the mob or something.

• Options
    REG Rysk wrote: »

Not true, Smoove was inactive one day and his was the shown mafia faction kill on Day 1. Taya's was redirected on Skull Man.

In retrospect I should have made sure it looked like he was hit by the mob or something.

I was confused by the narration quite a bit, but I'm new to this. I don't know how much I should rely on narration in the first place.

And poo on smoove for being inactive as a majority vig.

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    yup

I went with my gut

which was that Taya was probably going to have the ability to kill

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    so I did a little redirect action!

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    And poo on smoove for being inactive as a majority vig.

Well, in my defense...the day I was inactive I still put in my kill order, just never posted in the thread. But the day before that, I posted in thread, but didn't get the kill order in on time. So...ya know.

Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686