As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fibonacci doodle [chat]

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I can honestly say that when Bioware inevitably releases a DLC pack that will change the ending of the game, whether it was planned from the beginning or not, I will not give them money for it.

I was pleased with my ending, it wrapped up the series nicely, and now I anxiously await whatever they bring me next, as long as it's not more Dragon Age. I just haven't been able to get into that series.

it's p.much confirmed to be dragon age bro

I mean there's C&C Generals SWTOR stuff and Dragon Age 3 or whatever they call it

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I can honestly say that when Bioware inevitably releases a DLC pack that will change the ending of the game, whether it was planned from the beginning or not, I will not give them money for it.

I was pleased with my ending, it wrapped up the series nicely, and now I anxiously await whatever they bring me next, as long as it's not more Dragon Age. I just haven't been able to get into that series.

I mean there's C&C Generals SWTOR stuff and Dragon Age 3 or whatever they call it

Isn't C&C Generals not really being made by bioware anyway?

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

Yeah, I figured that was the case.

I guess I'll just wait five years until another good space rpg comes out.

Also I go with Kaiden because I enjoyed Carth in KOTOR

are YOU on the beer list?
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    It's just someone wearing a BioWare mask.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    ashley was a hilarious racist and a dick

kaidan at least had some mildly interesting sci fi fluff in his background information

Kaidan is for people who really wanted to bone Ender Wiggin.
    I killed somebody when I was a teenager but it was an accident and he was a douchebag so I'm still a nice guy.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Kaidan was the most boring character in the entire franchise. He did not have a lot to say either, all his dialogue ended after like two or three main missions.

Meanwhile Ashley becomes less space nazi as time goes by in the series. :D

PSN: Honkalot
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    you people are space nazi apologists

hannah arendt, rolling over in her grave

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité - but Gerken has a little too much fraternité and not enough égalité, really.

aRkpc.gif
    Feral wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    The Florida Family Association press release referenced in today's PA strip is just...

...there are no words.

Haha I looked it up

Great reading

Darth RuPaula

Yeah there are a lot of choice quotes there

The whole thing reads like it was written by an elderly person whose entire knowledge of video games is based on awkward conversations with her teenage grandson where he tries in futility to explain what he's doing when playing Call of Duty

I'd like to read their follow up statement when they figure out that a lot of BioWare games features teh gay sex!

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'd buy a 'Han Came First' shirt.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    for example I want to build a rig that you could feed in a huge stack of CCG cards into and it would scan, analyse and database the collection and sort them into different output hoppers by value.

I really want to do a project like this too!

it would be more expensive for the parts but I'm pretty sure this could be done with Lego Mindstorm these days.

I've seen a lego mindstorm rig that can shuffle a deck of cards and deal em.

Have you ever worked with Arduino?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    arrrgh, Gerken is seriously advocating something that seems straightforwardly evil in my perspective
    Pam Karlan and New York University Law Professor Sam Issacharoff, for example, have argued that the economic progress of African Americans has turned not on the vindication of civil rights, but on business set-asides, affirmative action, and government employment. In their view, these programs came about precisely because blacks were able to elect their candidates of choice in majority-minority districts. “[T]he creation of a black middle class,” they write, “has depended on the vigilance of a black political class.” A group of economists at George Mason University found that black employment rates, for instance, rise during the tenure of black mayors, an effect that is particularly pronounced for municipal jobs. One might even argue that this was the story of integration for white ethnics, as Justice David Souter once argued. In Souter’s view, the Lithuanian and Polish wards of Chicago and the Irish and Italian political machines in Boston helped empower these groups. That power, in turn, “cooled” ethnicity’s “talismanic force.” In these examples, political power didn’t just facilitate economic integration. The economic advantages associated with political power exerted a gravitational pull on outsiders, bringing them into the system and giving them a stake in its success.

It is neither egalitarian nor liberal nor progressive to celebrate ethnicity-driven favors and corruption! What the hell.

There is bluntly already no shortage of countries where ethnicities group into geographical enclaves and form de facto national identities on that basis, negotiating with others at the state level only with the barest of trust. These countries are not happily liberal states. 'Empowering' ethnic minorities by encouraging them to form ethnic local governments leads you a happy long road all the way to Yugoslavia at worst and permanently fractured national identity at best; there is a reason states fight wars to avoid subnational identities from emerging. On what basis does Gerken think that the integration that diversity engineering obliges will exist at all under ethnic federalism?

I kind of wtf'd on that section too, yeah. Read it twice to make sure I hadn't misunderstood, and then decided I'd finish the article to see where she was going.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    ashley was a hilarious racist and a dick

kaidan at least had some mildly interesting sci fi fluff in his background information

To be fair, she had a reason for her xenophobia beyond "dirty alien scum".

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Yeah I mark "Ashley is a space Nazi" people firmly in the "you did not explore the character fully" category. Which is alien with me because I give everyone a chance, even fucking Vargas or whatever and he's just awful

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    for example I want to build a rig that you could feed in a huge stack of CCG cards into and it would scan, analyse and database the collection and sort them into different output hoppers by value.

it would be more expensive for the parts but I'm pretty sure this could be done with Lego Mindstorm these days.

nope. there's quite a hobbyist community for that kind of stuff at work though.

(if it's the one i'm thinking of that can run .NET micro)

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    Yeah I mark "Ashley is a space Nazi" people firmly in the "you did not explore the character fully" category. Which is alien with me because I give everyone a chance, even fucking Vargas or whatever and he's just awful

I see what you did there.

With Space Nazi.

ANd "alien".

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I just don't like Ashley

Don't like how she was written, introduced, etc etc

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    Ashley was hideous and racist, I saw no reason to waste time on her.

I didn't find her background story particularly compelling, but maybe that's because I just didn't really sympathize.

(Do you mean Vega, BTW?)

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    my shepard romanced isabela

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »

You want Han job? You come to right place for Han job!

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    damn

i take it from the fact that you didn't end the game right there he has the last 4 in his hand to block with, Inq

CURSES

Drez wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »

You want Han job? You come to right place for Han job!

He came first because he wasn't supposed to be a 'good guy'.

damn

i take it from the fact that you didn't end the game right there he has the last 4 in his hand to block with, Inq

CURSES

8->

:D

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    milkshakes are so delicious

i'm not even drinking one right now, i'm just working from memory

god, so good

A collectible card scanner/sorter has been a project that's been lurking about in the back of my brain for a while, and I decided that I'd rather learn Arduino than Mindstorms, just because I think there's more applications for that platform.

Organichu wrote: »
    milkshakes are so delicious

i'm not even drinking one right now, i'm just working from memory

god, so good

They have flavors, yes.

But she wasn't really racist though.

And if she's alive in ME3 she is like the least racist person you've ever seen.

Milkshakes are amazing but I almost never have them anymore.

I used to make like, homemade milkshakes a few times a week.

They are just too...indulgent.

But she wasn't really racist though.

And if she's alive in ME3 she is like the least racist person you've ever seen.

Maybe space racism is different than our racism.

So she was a space racist.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

A collectible card scanner/sorter has been a project that's been lurking about in the back of my brain for a while, and I decided that I'd rather learn Arduino than Mindstorms, just because I think there's more applications for that platform.

well if you do build one I know some people who own CCG related businesses that would pay good cash money for it.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    I watched the video to Kelis Milkshake recently and boy that woman sure is attractive.

I watched the video to Kelis Milkshake recently and boy that woman sure is attractive.

Well, her milkshake does bring numerous boys to the 'yard'.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Inquisitor wrote: »

yeah when i'm drinking one all i can think is 'nothing should taste this good, this is decadent and obscene'

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Ashley and Kaidan are the worst characters in the series by far

except maybe Thane or Jack

I think my favorite moment of ME3
    emergency induction port

Organichu wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »

yeah when i'm drinking one all i can think is 'nothing should taste this good, this is decadent and obscene'

milkshake_cat_judy.jpg

Cat agrees.

My Shepard was pretty racist (ME3 stuff):
    Kills rachni because they look scary.
    Kills mordin because why not.
    Tali suicides, Shepard stands still and brushes shoulder off.

Afternoon folks.

Greetings, fellow traveler.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I banged Kaiden and he followed me round like a beaten spaniel. What an idiot I was. Liara was right there, all blue and smart and sexy. But no. Kaiden wants to talk about his feelings now I bet.

This discussion has been closed.