As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I wonder if [chat] remembers me

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    oh my god i don't remember there being this much dlc for me2

argh

download faster

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Someone hit my neighbor's dog and drove away (the dog is alive, but tread-marked). Later in the day they came back and said they were going to sue because their car sustained damage, and the dog was not on a leash.
    I'm sorry to hear about the tragic death of the motorists who did that. It's unfortunate that their bodies will never be found.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    is Riemann around? I think I'm going to pick up AC5.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    DLC always sounds sexual to me

yeah baby, I'm DLC

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    I just started playing Dragon Age:Origins for the first time.

Surprisingly good - and hard at times too. I likey.
    Great worldbuilding/characters.

2 continues this and manages to both improve and fuck up the fighting.
    I've heard much mixed praise for 2.. thankfully I am in the throes of enjoying a game I find little wrong with, so all is good.
    PROS
    -The graphics are better.
    -The fights feel more involved.
    -The characters are awesome.
    -Better skill trees.

CONS
    -The story is worse.
    -The environments are recycled to a silly degree.
    -Enemies spawning in waves instead of all at once.

Honestly, it has the makings of a better game, but then squanders it and comes off as equal with the first.

I liked it, but was saddened by what could have been.

The story in DAO was, at its core, boring. I'm saving the world. It's the separate pieces and the characters that I really liked.

In DA2, I loved the story.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Podly wrote: »

yeah baby, I'm DLC

you down with dlc?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Dragon Age 2 had a story?

"I say the mages are too free!"
    "Well I say the mages aren't free enough!"
    Repeat for 40 hours.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    HAHA HAAA

Josh Lyman in bed with Donna. Priceless.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Holy shit that was the best interview-type-thing ever

I was totally over dressed though

I am so glad I decided to go with no jacket

suit1.png

suit2.png

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Gold standard too nutty for you?

How about a sand standard?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

yeah baby, I'm DLC

you down with dlc?

You KNOW I'm DLC

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    @ronya

I didn't get what you meant in your reply about my getting a Macbook Air. What does tax code have to do with the company providing means for computer purchases?

what incentivizes a company to offer interest-free loans?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    I'm cool with still wearing a suit in a not-a-suit office. You just have to casual it up.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »

yeah baby, I'm DLC

you down with dlc?

yeah you know me

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »

this sounds promising!

On the one hand, the professor was a super cool guy and he was basically on my side from the beginning in a "we are bros, let me try to figure out the best thing for you" sort of way.

On the other hand, he was pretty much like "we are just barely tangentially related to neuroscience in this lab, so it's probably better if I try to hook you up with someone else's lab".

On the other other hand, I ended up getting one-on-one time with like five other people in the lab and got to know them, and one lady was like super impressed with me and wanted me working on her project right away (granted, this project definitely has nothing to do with neuroscience, and she also has no power to actually hire me).

And then he like drove me all the way home and me and him and the visiting professor like shot the shit talking about San Francisco and Sausalito and he pointed out to me like places where the mountain of doom and dirty harry and gattaca were filmed, and mentioned that if I do get a job at the institute that he'll make me bike to work with him.

It was pretty sweet.

• Options
    Feral did you know I am, like, so close to you right now?

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

suit1.png

suit2.png
    Yet another reason the Best Coast is better than the Least Coast.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I dunno, I like wearing suits

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    ronya wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    @ronya

I didn't get what you meant in your reply about my getting a Macbook Air. What does tax code have to do with the company providing means for computer purchases?

what incentivizes a company to offer interest-free loans?

They also have a program where you can get up to $30K for your mortgage and if you stay with the company for at least five more years, you don't have to pay it back at all.

I live in Yellowknife. Understand that getting good people to move up here is tough.

EDIT: And getting them to stay longer than one year is even tougher.

Nova_C on
  • Options

I just looked out my window, I don't see you.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I wore shorts to work on an eighty degree day when all I had to do was sit at my desk.

I got a talking to.

Biznizz Cajuel yo

There's a lady that wears track suits to work every day.

For what they pay me I should be able to show up naked with swastikas tattooed on my balls and even then shame them if they broke eye contact.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options

I just looked out my window, I don't see you.

Camoflage

• Options
    suits are so rad

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    [chat], is it unethical to sell your child to DARPA so they can weaponize the hellish smells that come from his butt?

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Suits are awesome

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    weed is for closers

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    The West Coast goes to work in pajamas and couldn't close a deal if their weed depended on it.

• Options
    Gold standard too nutty for you?

How about a sand standard?

there might actually be enough sand on planet earth to account for the total value of the global economy, unlike gold!

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Honk wrote: »
    ME1 is just hands down better at story than ME2.

This is a popular refrain in certain circles but in many ways it's not actually true.

ME1 is better plotted than ME2. There is a central mystery that is gradually revealed through a series of interlocking steps, builds to a shocking reveal, then speeds to an exciting climax. ME2, by contrast, has a simple main plot that exists largely as an excuse to provide a tour of the galaxy and a showcase of the characters you meet along the way.

Plotting is great. Plotting is a nice thing to be able to do. But too many people on the internet think it's all writing is, because plotting is an essentially mechanical action and is thus easily grasped by essentially mechanical people. There's also characterization, theme, and tone, and in all of those ME2 is at least as good as the first one and often better.

People who talk about how ME1 is better, for instance, tend not to mention
    how Shepard yells like a crazy person about his visions despite the fact that the beacon's little Tool video never shows you, the player, anything at all. The main character is passionately convinced about something that I, Jacob, am not. That was disconcerting and kind of alienating at first! They tend to forget how he acts like a space hick, constantly asking people questions about things he should already know and yelling at random VIs like they're people.

They don't bring up how the game keeps telling us that Udina is a crafty politician who is committed to earning recognition for Earth, when it actually seems like he's a weird shouty asshole who accomplishes nothing.

There's the slack pacing on the Citadel, and some of the completely bizarre things that happen there. Weirded out by the Consort's gift? Have a sex scene!

Those aren't capital crimes. ME1 is a great and thoughtful game, and was my favorite thing ever until ME2 came along. But the weirdly unquestioned meme that it's better-written grinds my teeth.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I had to work on a Tape Library all day

the me 3 ending was still the worst part of this week

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    god, Reave is such a beautiful bonus skill for vanguard in ME3

a brutally elegant CQC death machine

• Options
    I am a half-size for suit jacket (39 R)

And I can just not tolerate wearing a suit that is too large

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    If I were remaking ME1, I'd adopt the linear plot style of ME2/3 for the "story" planets, and tie Cerberus in more carefully as a major secondary plotline.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    god, Reave is such a beautiful bonus skill for vanguard in ME3

a brutally elegant CQC death machine

Counter balance the knife, quick slash, retract.

• Options
    I forgot how many Bay Area-ites there are in [chat]. I should have talked to [chat] about my spring break. We went to visit the fiance's brother who works in Palo Alto.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

This is a popular refrain in certain circles but in many ways it's not actually true.

ME1 is better plotted than ME2. There is a central mystery that is gradually revealed through a series of interlocking steps, builds to a shocking reveal, then speeds to an exciting climax. ME2, by contrast, has a simple main plot that exists largely as an excuse to provide a tour of the galaxy and a showcase of the characters you meet along the way.

Plotting is great. Plotting is a nice thing to be able to do. But too many people on the internet think it's all writing is, because plotting is an essentially mechanical action and is thus easily grasped by essentially mechanical people. There's also characterization, theme, and tone, and in all of those ME2 is at least as good as the first one and often better.

how Shepard yells like a crazy person about his visions despite the fact that the beacon's little Tool video never shows you, the player, anything at all. The main character is passionately convinced about something that I, Jacob, am not. That was disconcerting and kind of alienating at first! They tend to forget how he acts like a space hick, constantly asking people questions about things he should already know and yelling at random VIs like they're people.

They don't bring up how the game keeps telling us that Udina is a crafty politician who is committed to earning recognition for Earth, when it actually seems like he's a weird shouty asshole who accomplishes nothing.

There's the slack pacing on the Citadel, and some of the completely bizarre things that happen there. Weirded out by the Consort's gift? Have a sex scene!

Those aren't capital crimes. ME1 is a great and thoughtful game, and was my favorite thing ever until ME2 came along. But the weirdly unquestioned meme that it's better-written grinds my teeth.
    Fuck yes.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

I like that characterization of Udina

it is accurate

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    If I were remaking ME1, I'd adopt the linear plot style of ME2/3 for the "story" planets, and tie Cerberus in more carefully as a major secondary plotline.

If I were remaking ME1
    I'd put a sign at the beginning that says "let sovereign win. save yourself some time. fuck a lot until you get blown up."

Ludious on
  • Options
    Also, the dialogue in ME2 is way better:
    EDI: I like seeing humans on their knees.
    Joker: D:
    EDI: That was a joke.

• Options
    awww yeah here we go

miranda your tits are so rude

919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.