As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Vs Capcom Thread Of Believing in Mike Ross

19495969798100»

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    @sPider817: Thanks for the games, those were some pretty amusing fights.

I need to remember not to leave an accidentally restarted match via dashboard when done though, since their system logs it as a ragequit, I think.
    wtf man u r h4x. I blame the catgirl.

Pretty sure there's no evidence that rage quits are counted, despite that being touted as a feature.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Actually, I have seen ONE SINGLE INSTANCE where somebody had a negative indicator for rage quitting. They had something like 90 wins and zero losses; the only other indicator that they were a DC asshole was that the little star ribbon hanging off of their name had a skull instead.

Only ever seen it once, though.

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Interesting... I wonder how many rage quits/dropped connections it takes to get that icon.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure there's no evidence that rage quits are counted, despite that being touted as a feature.

I know there was some sort of popup post-leaving regarding abandoning matches, but didn't get a good look as I passed it by. Not going to be a habit though, anyway.

And it looks like it's almost time for someone to make a fresh new MvC3 thread.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I just caught the Final Round XV matches. Holy shit, Kusoru did very well. I love when we get players with rarely used characters that run through a whole tournament like that. He even had anti-Phoenix stuff with 2 characters. Great matches to watch, especially the ones against Combofiend and Philipino Champ. I wish he could afford to make it out to more tournaments.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

I know there was some sort of popup post-leaving regarding abandoning matches, but didn't get a good look as I passed it by. Not going to be a habit though, anyway.

When my internet connection was crappy, I had the game scold me several times for games that got disconnected because of connection problems but never had anything negative happen.

I'm guessing that somebody has to disconnect an insane number of times compared to the number of games they play in order to even get a negative indicator for disconnecting. And I sincerely, sincerely doubt that there's any system at all implemented that punishes quitters by sticking them with other quitters. I've come across plenty of folks who regularly DCed from ranked matches while still playing mostly folks who never DC, so I'm thinking Capcom just flat-out lied on that count to make people happy.

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular

When my internet connection was crappy, I had the game scold me several times for games that got disconnected because of connection problems but never had anything negative happen.

I'm guessing that somebody has to disconnect an insane number of times compared to the number of games they play in order to even get a negative indicator for disconnecting. And I sincerely, sincerely doubt that there's any system at all implemented that punishes quitters by sticking them with other quitters. I've come across plenty of folks who regularly DCed from ranked matches while still playing mostly folks who never DC, so I'm thinking Capcom just flat-out lied on that count to make people happy.

It's there and exists. Not only did Seth confirm it (if that was all it was thinking they lied possibly wouldn't be too far off) but when he reconfirmed it later on he, essentially, used PR speak to say "It will take someone so many Goddamned matches of disconnecting to get put into rage quit hell alongside the other rage quit hell people that you should NEVER expect to get put there. As much as we wanted the system in place, and we know most of you want the system in place, we would have to field far too many complaints from the very shit bags we're putting into the hell they deserve that management told us to fuck off, we can't make it practical."

• Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    I just caught the Final Round XV matches. Holy shit, Kusoru did very well. I love when we get players with rarely used characters that run through a whole tournament like that. He even had anti-Phoenix stuff with 2 characters. Great matches to watch, especially the ones against Combofiend and Philipino Champ. I wish he could afford to make it out to more tournaments.

Final Round was indeed awesome.

Here's to hoping I can do even half that well at PowerUp.

In other news, I'm surging to play more Marvel. Anyone and everyone who wants to play should let me know.

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular

Final Round was indeed awesome.

Here's to hoping I can do even half that well at PowerUp.

In other news, I'm surging to play more Marvel. Anyone and everyone who wants to play should let me know.

I'll be playing this weekend in between bouts of hysterical crying with Dark Souls.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    Column wrote: »

It's there and exists. Not only did Seth confirm it (if that was all it was thinking they lied possibly wouldn't be too far off) but when he reconfirmed it later on he, essentially, used PR speak to say "It will take someone so many Goddamned matches of disconnecting to get put into rage quit hell alongside the other rage quit hell people that you should NEVER expect to get put there. As much as we wanted the system in place, and we know most of you want the system in place, we would have to field far too many complaints from the very shit bags we're putting into the hell they deserve that management told us to fuck off, we can't make it practical."

Ah. Well, I suppose the system being technically in place means Capcom wasn't technically lying.

Though you have to wonder why they made the system in the first place if it's never, ever used because Capcom is willing to actually deal with DC assholes.

• Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Marvel was pretty damn hype at NCR. Knives is a beast but he really didn't seem to respect Phoenix. F. Champ sent him to loser's AND beat him in Grand Finals and the only time Knives snapped in Phoenix in all those matches (despite landing the first one-touch kill combo in most of them, so he had ample opportunity) was in the very last match.

I don't know if he had some grand plan or something that just didn't work out, but he couldn't even touch his Dark Phoenix. It looked like he was trying to run away a couple of times but he had way too much time left on the clock.

I played a guy last night who was using X-23/Trish/Morrigan. It was frustrating as hell because X-23 and Trish both have invincible supers that cut straight through Dormammu's specials/hypers. The fact that Trish's grounded lightning super is projectile invulnerable (not sure about hit invulnerable) seems really weird. Couple that with using Morrigan's meter-building assist made for a really hard match. I ended up something like 8-17, but he started our set with 8-9 wins straight.

He at least messaged me ggs, so I guess I can't be too upset.

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    yay.jpg
    yays.jpg

Someone make a new thread please

Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Done. Normally I don't like poaching threads, but this one is long overdue.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/158208/marvel-vs-capcom-umvc3-confirmed-for-sbo-no-longer-kusoge

House of Paincakes on