As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Borderlands: OLD THREAD Who's gettin' off the bus?

• Cucco LeaderCucco Leader Registered User regular
    90+ hour long Pandora days. Last hidden journal was day 718. If I did the math right she was mostly alone for a little over 7 earth years, bare minimum. That would make anybody crazy.

Also, kinda curious how they incorporated that little survey they had us do into the game. Maya sounds exactly like what I want in a healer. Especially Res, long range resurrection.

• AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Finished zombie dlc.

It was okay.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    You know, I want to see Gearbox mimic the Mass Effect 3 multi in a return to Mad Moxxie's Thunderdome in Borderlands 2. The concept of the Moxxie DLC is sound, but the execution was poor. I think with a bit more balance, and maybe a few objective tweaks, they could really add a lot of longevity to the game, simply by including a fantastic horde mode in the retail box. Give players something to do after they've completed the story. Only this time around actually give good loot for doing well, and perhaps add some better variety to the game beyond the crazy rule changes she throws at you.

Lucascraft on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, not to mention Moxxi is...

14yb96r.jpg

She's...um...umm what were we talking about?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Moxxi and Scooter (and Scooter's comments about Moxxi) are amazing. I wish I could drag them along on missions.

Also, holy hell I'm getting my ass kicked on General Knoxx's DLC. Is this normal?

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    Finished Claptrap in one 90 minute playthrough earlier. It's..really, really bad. Also had the worst loot we'd ever seen, basically all white and a bit of green.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • LepLep Registered User regular
    Get that sweet sweet treasure room for beating it though.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Claptrap wasn't made by Gearbox, was it? I thought they outsourced that one to someone else since by that point they were making Duke Nukem and BL2.

• jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    I liked Claptrap Revolution. :-(

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Trying a Soldier playthrough using just combat rifles and the turret.

steam_sig.png
    So any advice on Knoxx? Especially those fucking shock troopers.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    jonxp wrote: »
    I liked Claptrap Revolution. :-(

It was a weird DLC. First time I played through it was at level 20 or so, right after the zombie island DLC was finished and before I ever beat the game. Only did that one because it scaled to level 20 as opposed to 30 for Knoxx. Didn't even know fast-travel existed.

It was a huge slogfest, but the magic of the game was still going strong so I didn't have too many problems with it besides the creeping feeling in the back of my head that perhaps I did things out of order.

VRXwDW7.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    You know, I want to see Gearbox mimic the Mass Effect 3 multi in a return to Mad Moxxie's Thunderdome in Borderlands 2. The concept of the Moxxie DLC is sound, but the execution was poor. I think with a bit more balance, and maybe a few objective tweaks, they could really add a lot of longevity to the game, simply by including a fantastic horde mode in the retail box. Give players something to do after they've completed the story. Only this time around actually give good loot for doing well, and perhaps add some better variety to the game beyond the crazy rule changes she throws at you.

The only problem with Moxxi was the utterly stupid random nerfs. Tougher enemies are fine I do not need shield and health drain.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Goddamn I am so stupidly overpowered now.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    The main reason I liked Claptrap Revolution (besides getting to blast many claptraps):
    Even though it wasn't that strong of a DLC I thought it was a nice touch for the last boss fight to end where you started the original game.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I think Claptrap would have been more well received if it came before Knoxx instead of after. Regardless of it not being made by Gearbox.

Having said that, I liked it. I thought the humor was good enough, it didn't have some of the painfully tedious travel issues Knoxx had, and the end reward of it was better than any of the other DLC's.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

The only problem with Moxxi was the utterly stupid random nerfs. Tougher enemies are fine I do not need shield and health drain.

The almost total lack of quest rewards didn't help. And the lack of leveling (getting a free skill point for finishing X amount of rounds doesn't count) wasn't great. And the loot sucked. It was also an enormous, tedious grind to "complete" it. And the difficult was mostly bullshit since some nerfs hurt some characters far, far more than others and occur randomly.

Moxxie was the only truly bad DLC, though I can't complain much because I got it all in one set in a crazy Steam sale. Zombie Island was pretty fun. Knoxx was great, due in no small part to the comedy (and the awesome glitch with the armory). Claptrap's Rebellion wasn't fantastic in terms of gameplay, but the comedy there was also good and it ends up in a really great place.

As for a revision of Moxxie, turn that sucker into a tower defense horde mode where you build defenses with the weapons of fallen enemies and you could have something golden. Just anything but a sickly, anemic grindfest with pathetic rewards and no XP.

• LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Moxxie was great in coop. Well, I say coop but I mean a mad 4 way dash for kills until friendships are ruined.

The weakest DLC? probably. But terrible? only for solo play.

Now the zombie island DLC...I never get tired of that shit.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
    Our end reward for Claptrap was a room full of weapon crates containing white and green bits of crap. There was about 2 blues, both bad. No purples or oranges. We only found a single worthwhile weapon in the entire DLC. It just felt completely pointless, a few decent NPC lines doesn't make it anything approaching good.

Knoxx was the best but also the worst for travelling. How on earth they cranked out all these DLCs with fast travel missing from every single one of them I just cannot understand. Overall the base game was just a far superior experience to any of the DLC, which slowly drained my enthusiasm for playing the game at all the more I got through them.

sig.gif
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Rami wrote: »
    Our end reward for Claptrap was a room full of weapon crates containing white and green bits of crap. There was about 2 blues, both bad. No purples or oranges. We only found a single worthwhile weapon in the entire DLC. It just felt completely pointless, a few decent NPC lines doesn't make it anything approaching good.

Knoxx was the best but also the worst for travelling. How on earth they cranked out all these DLCs with fast travel missing from every single one of them I just cannot understand. Overall the base game was just a far superior experience to any of the DLC, which slowly drained my enthusiasm for playing the game at all the more I got through them.

I sadly never finished Claptrap because my brother is a slacking jackass and I can't be bothered to play solo, but can't you keep running those chests over and over and over once you finish?

Xeddicus on
    Oh my, you are correct.

If I run it enough times I might get something other than cheap combat rifles.

sig.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the chests spawn pretty shitty loot

some chests are better than others, and those are pretty much terrible

• StregoneStregone VA, USARegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    the chests spawn pretty shitty loot

some chests are better than others, and those are pretty much terrible

I just finished claptrap for the first time the other day. One of the normally crappy white chests had an orange volcano sniper rifle in it. Also, the lockers often have class mods and pistols in them waaaaay more frequently than in the base game, so don't forget to check 'em.

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Does the amount of loot dropped by Craw change in multiplayer? I can farm him easily enough solo, (it just takes a while) but I'm assuming his difficulty scales with more people.

steam_sig.png
    Rami wrote: »
    Oh my, you are correct.

If I run it enough times I might get something other than cheap combat rifles.

This is a pretty ridiculous exaggeration.

Yes, like any chest they can have whites and greens.

But they have the same spawn chances of every red chest in the game, meaning it can produce every weapon possible except Pearls. There is no where in the game that has as many chests in one place that you can access so quickly (22 red chests, takes about 1 minute to run to each reload) that doesn't require glitching the game and spending a lot of time running to knoxx, killing him then doing the whole stupid end part of knoxx over and over, again glitched.

It's fine that you don't like Claptrap, but you just had bad luck with loot and it is asinine to bitch about something that is factually incorrect. Many people, when Claptrap was released, reported an unusually high rate of oranges for shotguns in particular, dropping throughout the DLC. I've changed my runthrough order when I play a new character to always do Claptrap first because it has considerably better loot, for me, than any of the other DLC's, and provides a means to quickly farm chests to find something I want, both in PL1 and PL2.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    There are different levels of loot in chests. Crimson lance chests almost always have better loot. Compare the loot in even the red chests in that wall with the controllable elevator to the other red chests

steam_sig.png
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    There are different levels of loot in chests. Crimson lance chests almost always have better loot. Compare the loot in even the red chests in that wall with the controllable elevator to the other red chests

By "better" you mean "higher rarity"

Four of my best, bar none, I-have-a-million-hours-in-this-game guns are epics, because legendaries aren't necessarily good, nor are pearls.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    No, they have higher quality purples there too

steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote: »

Yes, I'm aware of that. But those chests in the basement of claptrap have the same type of loot of every other red chest of the same type. I didn't say anything about the lance chests; those are only in Knoxx and are pretty rare outside of the armory and again, the time it takes to get to the armor and glitch it and get loot you can have ran the gift shop two dozen times.

Plus, the lance chests don't have a higher quality of loot than other red chests (aside from the absurdly low chance at pearls), they just have a higher chance of dropping said loot.

I found out my problem, I wasn't using acid weapons for the Lance guys or changing my element guns for guys of the same type. I found a few better weapons and just dinged 40.

Knoxx is still hard, brutally so. I took down Baron Flynn and the Destroyer on the first try. Here, I'm getting downed by swarms of badasses with rape guns.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I found out my problem, I wasn't using acid weapons for the Lance guys or changing my element guns for guys of the same type. I found a few better weapons and just dinged 40.

Knoxx is still hard, brutally so. I took down Baron Flynn and the Destroyer on the first try. Here, I'm getting downed by swarms of badasses with rape guns.

Color weakness is hella important at craw it's better to learn the weaknesses now.

Oh and the Knoxx areana in Claptrap has pretty decent loot. mostly shield mods but w/e

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Q. Is Knoxx Lance corrosive?

A. No - Melt with acid!
    B. Yes - Burn with fire!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    I'm going to be online for awhile in the event anyone wants to do Craw runs or Moxxi's or level mans. I have a lvl 20 Mordecai and 23 Brick for leveling.

steam_sig.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I uh, am in the middle of Crazy Earl's stupid tasks.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    I hate the whole junkyard/east/west scrap whatever areas.

steam_sig.png
    So, I just finished General Knoxx. Just a question, are you like, supposed to stay there and explode? I mean, I know loot is king and all. I just have a funny image of the Vault raiders blowing themselves up while screaming "MY PRECIOUSSSSS!" :lol

Poor poor Knoxx. He tried so HARD.

Yeah, you're stuck in there. I freaked out the first time because I thought I did something wrong.

steam_sig.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Anyone want to shoot things with me so I can get back to where I was in the game originally?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    I'll come kill things for you. Or with you, depending on what level you are.

steam_sig.png
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Yeah, you're stuck in there. I freaked out the first time because I thought I did something wrong.

What no you aren't! There is an elevator on the second floor that takes you out of there before it explodes.