As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HAPPY STRAYA DAY! [AusPAX 2013]

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oh my god it looked like that joey winked at the end.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Oh god new thread soon.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Page 100 really creeps up on us.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    That is fine, I'm pretty sure we could get away with just wearing Aussie flags everywhere all the time and tell people it was Straya day if it was brought into question.
    Anywhere but here, where that is already socially acceptable behaviour every day of the year.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    this song still http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tHJB9Po_Hc

also shit dammit it looks like 2 more lady friends as opposed to ladies what the hell

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    So the LNP is currently sitting at 76 out of 89 seats.

• Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    That seems like a lot of seats.

• Options
    Ayup.

For comparison Labor has 6, with 2 for Katter's Krazy party and 2 independents, no Greens.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I guess it was his can-do attitude (and yes he finished off his acceptance speech with that dumb term).

• Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    You may have some success with girls with low self-esteem, but it will also make you a douche.

Yeah well me being me means no progress so it looks like I need to be someon else.

Wait Friends Joey?

PixelMonkey on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    fuckin ridiculous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBWZYu5IPSE

I KNEW you love Kanye!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    You may have some success with girls with low self-esteem, but it will also make you a douche.

Yeah well me being me means no progress so it looks like I need to be someon else.

Sorry dude, but this is wrong. If a chick ain't like you for you, she's not worth your time in the first place. There must be a hojillion chicks who like an honest, artistic, creative guy who likes to keep himself in good shape. That is basically the wishlist of pretty much every girl I know. I think maybe you're hunting in the wrong fields? I dunno, really. What kind of girl DO you want?

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    no that's fucken ridicales

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Trying to keep up an act won't help at all

Just get comfortable with yourself, which all comes down to practice really. I've been going through the same damn thing my entire life, just keep on the march of progress. I talk about whatever and pay mind to whether or not they actually care about what I'm saying, if it looks like it was a good conversation then I slap them with my penis and drag them back into my lair.

The classic pick up

• Options

Just get comfortable with yourself, which all comes down to practice really. I've been going through the same damn thing my entire life, just keep on the march of progress. I talk about whatever and pay mind to whether or not they actually care about what I'm saying, if it looks like it was a good conversation then I slap them with my penis and drag them back into my lair.

The classic pick up

I tried that for a bit, but I'm a grower, not a shower. So I had to get real close to slap them, and more than a few caught on to what I was up to before I'd gotten my zipper all the way down...

• Options

Wait Friends Joey?

Joeuser's video at the bottom of page 99.

• Options

The classic pick up

I tried that for a bit, but I'm a grower, not a shower. So I had to get real close to slap them, and more than a few caught on to what I was up to before I'd gotten my zipper all the way down...

That's the thing, you don't want to force it on them that's just rude, you have to work it in there

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular

The classic pick up

And that, kids, is how I met your mother.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Fuck you Oportos, you do not roster me on for a two hour shift when I'm not supposed to be working, then not tell me that I have a shift. I quit.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

Well if you are going to change look at changing into a better person then?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Ha ha, idiots. My store is almost that bad... In our case it's more of "Oh hey, I'm available for these shifts, I need 35 hours+ a week, thanks" then you check the roster and it's 20 hours, 19 hours, 21 hours, 19 hours for the next 4 weeks...

Oh hey, thanks bitch. At this point I may as well quit and go on unemployment benefits and rent assistance...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    KOALAAAAAAA

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Thesquid, is your avatar from discworld noir?

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yes it is Kincaid, I recently replayed it and am planning to LP it, its one of my favourite adventure games.

• Options
    I got an extra shift added last week that nobody told me about, thankfully I check the roster as a habit before I go home.

I'm fine with more work, just bring it up with me at some point during the day!

• Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    it's been Straya day for 2 months

Longest day ever
    fuckin ridiculous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBWZYu5IPSE

I KNEW you love Kanye!

Those glasses.

PixelMonkey on
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    I have a girlfriend now

it had been so long that I had forgotten the trick to meeting girls is to just have the balls to ask them out

• Options
    Grats Oden!

They've been pulling shit with my shifts for a while now. Since I have another job now there's really no reason for me to stay there any more.

• Options
    @Flay have you started looking for internships or work experience yet? If not I could start asking around for you, I've seen a little of your work and I know you can do quality stuff so I don't mind vouching for you.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Oden wrote: »
    @Flay have you started looking for internships or work experience yet? If not I could start asking around for you, I've seen a little of your work and I know you can do quality stuff so I don't mind vouching for you.

Thanks man, that'll be a huge help! I'll be doing a little of that some time this semester, but I don't have a proper portfolio set up so I've always shied away from it. Gotta get my stuff together!

Flay on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    You and I are in the same boat, buddy.

• Options
    ill pm you my email and you can send me a cv and when you have your folio set up to show, I can ask around if anyone is looking to take on anyone at the moment

I am the master of finding unpaid positions that I cannot take myself due to circumstances

• Options
    There are a few internships at the NSW Art Gallery that I'm interested in applying for. Just need to go over my CV and references, before I send off my application.

• Options
    really? a friend of mine is finishing up her art history degree with honours this year

I should let her know.

• Options
    one of the roles would suit her really well, damn shame she doesn't speak chinese

• Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    sending me your portfolios is also a potentially useful activity

• Options
    Oden wrote: »
    one of the roles would suit her really well, damn shame she doesn't speak chinese

Yeah, same. This is just another reason I am going to try and learn Cantonese or Mandarin this year.

• Options
    I'm moving to Spain next year. My Spanish is crappy but at least I'll be forced to practice a language I already know when I'm there.

Fuck trying to learn a new language from scratch at my age.

This discussion has been closed.