As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] Badges are arriving! Do Not Post Pictures of your badges!

• sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    my badge arrived yesterday in California. It ran off to commune with the nearby mountain lions. I'm not sure how to proceed.

• dan.blancharddan.blanchard Registered User regular
    I'm a little concerned that everyone supposedly has numbers on their badge, and mine doesn't (other than the year). Am I missing something?

• obito343obito343 Registered User new member
    sooo curious i had my badge sent to amherst MA to my college.... have not recieved yet, in teh case i dont recieve my badges for friday adn saturday what should i do...

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    I got my badges yesterday, and I have a question. Do they hand out lanyards at East like they do at Prime? Or should I just bring my own?

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • EmpharaEmphara Registered User regular
    I got my badges yesterday, and I have a question. Do they hand out lanyards at East like they do at Prime? Or should I just bring my own?

They did last year, so I'm assuming they will this year too!

signature.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm a little concerned that everyone supposedly has numbers on their badge, and mine doesn't (other than the year). Am I missing something?

No, that was last year.

Emphara wrote: »

They did last year, so I'm assuming they will this year too!

They give out lanyards every year with your bag when you get to the con. They're not super high quality so if you have something nice like a lanyard from Liger (http://knittedsteel.storenvy.com/) you might as well bring it.

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Thanks. I like the black lanyard I got from Prime last year, so I may just bring that.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • litttleamandalitttleamanda Registered User new member
    got ours on friday-hooray!

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Add another pair of bobcats to the list! Loved the letter that came with it.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • rascalrascal Registered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    pureval wrote: »
    My 6 one day badges arrived yesterday (I live in NH FYI). One of the the things in the top corner got pretty scratched up in shipping, so I hope I do not have any troubles with it.

this happened to my bf's badge as well. he emailed them about it; i'll report back when they respond.

Same is true of one of our badges -- I'm interested in the response.

• KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    rascal wrote: »
    My 6 one day badges arrived yesterday (I live in NH FYI). One of the the things in the top corner got pretty scratched up in shipping, so I hope I do not have any troubles with it.

this happened to my bf's badge as well. he emailed them about it; i'll report back when they respond.

Mine as well. I think it's safe to say, given the number of us reporting this, that there's no way they can have a problem with it.

• aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    Out of my group, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York people got theirs early in the week, but Maryland friends hadn't yet as of yesterday...

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    got mine, in VT here

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    First.. all this talk of badges makes me sad since I have to wait until I get there to pick it up *Shakes fist at the completely reasonable Media badge pickup policy*

And.. all this talk of bobcats.. and badges.. I cannot get this scene from UHF out of my head:
    Badgers?

vttym on
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    for those in the dark... the bobcat reference comes from http://xkcd.com/325/

Yeeep. It's my go-to animal for surprise package mauling.

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    I have not yet gotten my badge, though it has to go through the campus mail at University at Buffalo, when should I consider it lost in the mail and email them, Thursday? Friday?

PW0oFIs.png
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    FYI:
    SmallLady wrote:
    I didn’t receive my PAX Badges in the Mail!! What do I do?
    If you live outside of the US, or you purchased your pass after the cut off date for badges to be mailed, you will need to pick up your badge at Will Call using your paper ticket with the Bar Code on it AND a valid piece of photo ID.

If your badge really is lost in the mail, email pax_questions@paxsite.com

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I am aware of that, I just need to know when I can truly consider it "Lost in the mail"

RidleyDragon on
    PW0oFIs.png
    Ridley, I'd say early next week OR shortly before you leave for Boston would be a good time to email them.

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Bobcat totally showed up today! WOOT WOOT! Massive fist pumps were had upon returning home from work.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    KoalaBro2 wrote: »
    rascal wrote: »

Mine as well. I think it's safe to say, given the number of us reporting this, that there's no way they can have a problem with it.

response received! from pax_questions:
    In regards to the sticker smudge. We've been made aware that in rare instances the ink can scrape off of the badge hologram during transit. Don't worry, our enforcers were instructed that this might be the case on some badges and there are actually a few other ways to verify the authenticity of a badge so you should have no trouble getting in and no one is going to stop you or anything over the holo smudge.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Got my badge today. I officially went into hype overdrive. PAX is now just a little over a week away and all the pieces are falling into place. All that is left is to pack.

• Prototype AxlPrototype Axl Registered User regular
    My bobcat arrived! However all she does is curl up next to me and attack my hand when I rub her belly.

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    My bobcat arrived! However all she does is curl up next to me and attack my hand when I rub her belly.

Well duh, that's one of the ways they can tell if it's official! Stop giving this info away to bobcat counterfeiters!

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering what the counterfeit bobcats will look like. I'm guessing something like a water melon with fir stuck to it.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    I live in Kentucky, I moved shortly before the badges were mailed out, I did the whole change of address thing, still haven't gotten mine. I'll be leaving this Friday for MA so if I don't get it by then, will they still let me pick mine up at will call with ID even if it was already mailed out.

PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
    I live in Kentucky, I moved shortly before the badges were mailed out, I did the whole change of address thing, still haven't gotten mine. I'll be leaving this Friday for MA so if I don't get it by then, will they still let me pick mine up at will call with ID even if it was already mailed out.

you need to contact pax_questions@paxsite.com for that answer :)

• gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    I'm wondering what the counterfeit bobcats will look like. I'm guessing something like a water melon with fir stuck to it.

Puppies...they'll look like cute, fluffy puppies.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular
    Guys, mine came yesterday but I'm a little concerned that I got one of these:
    zmrki.jpg

Is this okay or did I get scammed?

Guys, mine came yesterday but I'm a little concerned that I got one of these:
    zmrki.jpg

Is this okay or did I get scammed?

That depends on what the pony answers to. If its 'Liono' you may be ok. Otherwise you may have trouble getting in. You could always ride into the queue room and see what the enforcers do.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    We'd probably let you in as long as we get to ride it first :D

Honestly his belly's like 3 inches from the ground; if you tried to ride him your knees would be dragging. But I will let you cuddle him.

And no, I haven't tried Liono, but he responds well to Chauncy Winthrop McWorthington the Third.

Honestly his belly's like 3 inches from the ground; if you tried to ride him your knees would be dragging. But I will let you cuddle him.

And no, I haven't tried Liono, but he responds well to Chauncy Winthrop McWorthington the Third.

Oh dear lord. You're screwed.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

kropotkin wrote: »

Oh dear lord. You're screwed.

At least he'll fit in my suitcase?

• thedandmomthedandmom Registered User regular
    Question. I got two 3 day passes, but don't need them because we're in a panel and are getting panelist badges, what do?

linkbanner.jpg
    thedandmom wrote: »
    Question. I got two 3 day passes, but don't need them because we're in a panel and are getting panelist badges, what do?

Give them to some friends?

Due to new rules as of Prime 2011, we are no longer able to discuss non-official methods of badges changing hands on these forums.

• bushisprezbushisprez Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Got my passes on time like a week ago. Gotta say Twitter isn't shying away from posting badge pics for the frauders but the new badges got that holo which makes them super effective! Although I feel like Kraulik could add a cartoon character(s) to the badge to sort of make it collectible too much red!

bushisprez on
    [x] Hotel booked
    [x] Ride Booked
    [x] 3-day Pass
    Will be more prepared than ever for the show than the previous year. XP!!!!!
  • SwaeSwae Registered User regular

The same thing happened to me, and it turns out they went to my old address even though I changed it a few weeks before they mailed out. Hopefully they turn up for you soon!

• TangoTango Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Re: the scratched-up-section-of-the-badge issue: Don't worry! Any scratches on the logo there don't even kill the functionality of that part of the badge, let alone the entire thing. It's in hand. :)

Tango on