As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Zou Bisou Bisou

Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplaceShe crawled right inRegistered User regular
edited March 2012 in Social Entropy++
ys4qZ.jpg

aQScO.jpg

9VgAO.jpg

58kC2.jpg

Mad Men is back tonight, at 9 pm eastern, with a two hour premiere, directed by Jon Hamm. Here's a poster!

v6VQT.jpg

This show has been off the air for a long time. 525 days, apparently. Who's pumped up to watch Don Draper smoke and drink and womanize once again?

The previous episode, "Tomorrowland", aired in October 2010, so if you need a refresher, AMC has put together a video for you.

YxCxh.jpg

Clint Eastwood on

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    God I am so far behind on this

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Its all on Netflix. 2 Hour premier today right? I have to remember to Tivo this. Its actually directed by John Hamm?

Barcardi on
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I own the first season of this.

Never seen a single episode.

It's also on netflix.

Never seen a single episode.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    I would totally be watching the premier, but comcast service is a piece of shit in my area and the basic plan doesn't carry AMC. I watched the entire series (thus far) on Netflix this past summer/early fall.

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    God yes, I need to catch up on this show. So good.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Just finished watching series so far last week.

Mad Men is one of the few shows on TV that really interests me.

• ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    I can hardly remember anything from this show

went a little like this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8PrEfJoT6Y

thenews.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    "The Suitcase"is one of the best episodes of TV.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I watched season one of this

It's a good show but my god it is the slowest moving thing in the fucking universe.

It is like a snail race up a molasses hill

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    shit the dick

heave a shit

this is basically my favorite show

When does Breaking Bad come back?

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    zucchini wrote: »

God yes, that is such a perfect scene.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    yeah this and breaking bad

best two shows on televison

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    "The Suitcase"is one of the best episodes of TV.

I hate/love that episode so much.

Pretty much every California episode is amazing.

I'm glad everyone has caught on to the fact that walking dead is bullshit and seems to be dumping the naked contempt on it that it deserves

I watched season one of this

It's a good show but my god it is the slowest moving thing in the fucking universe.

It is like a snail race up a molasses hill

Maybe it's just none of the side plots seemed bad/dragged for me, but I couldn't get enough of it (I would watch swathes of episodes each day if I had the time over the summer). The initial half of season 2 for AMC's walking dead however...

Skull Man wrote: »
    I'm glad everyone has caught on to the fact that walking dead is bullshit and seems to be dumping the naked contempt on it that it deserves

Is that a forum conceit, or...?

Because most places I go in real life people still can't fucking shut up about it

I still refuse to watch it

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    I do wish it featured more Don Draper being a dick to beatnicks

That was easily my favorite part of the first seasons

7656367.jpg
    I watched the first season of Walking Dead

I would have watched 2 if I still had AMC in my cable package

oh maybe it's just like the one or two people I know who liked it who have caught on

basically people were like hey mad men has kind of a slow plot and weighty themes

let's make a bullshit zombie show where nothing happens but we'll put it on the same network as mad men

just scoop some tedious melodrama and bad writing that jackasses can't tell from good but assume it's good because it's slow and delivered badly aaaand we're golden

• thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    shut the seat

have a door

wow, 525 days? that is a long time

campionthorgotsig.jpg
    basically walking dead is the zombie mad men

in the sense that it is a brainless shambling wreck but at a casual glance an idiot might not be able to tell between the two

isn't that the premise behind like every amc show?

I mean Rubicon

I don't know anything about Rubicon but I'm going to assume it was about a sentient Jeep Rubicon that solved crimes

• skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    <3 Joan and Peggy

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't know anything about Rubicon but I'm going to assume it was about a sentient Jeep Rubicon that solved crimes

The entire season (series) was the guy trying to find the keys to start the car so he could go and solve crimes

"where the hell did I leave my keys?"

/two hour premier of him looking under couch cushions

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Comic Book Men is the best show on AMC.

well I mean except breaking bad

man mad men is so good

I've seen every episode eight or nine times but I still catch new stuff every time

the avclub articles are a great companion, plus just a goddamn stellar example of the right way to do TV criticism

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Can't watch this because I don't have AMC but I still love me some Mad Men.

Need to finished the second season however.

icGJy2C.png
  • DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    As always, when you have muppets parodying you, you know you've arrived.

Really, spellchecker? You don't think muppets is a real word?

Skull Man wrote: »
    oh maybe it's just like the one or two people I know who liked it who have caught on

basically people were like hey mad men has kind of a slow plot and weighty themes

let's make a bullshit zombie show where nothing happens but we'll put it on the same network as mad men

just scoop some tedious melodrama and bad writing that jackasses can't tell from good but assume it's good because it's slow and delivered badly aaaand we're golden

I thought the second half of season 2 managed to pick up some steam that was sorely lacking from the earlier episodes, but yeah the sloppy writing became really apparent when AMC stretched the plot for season 2. I'm still capable of suspending enough disbelief to watch the show and then reflect on its flaws after the fact. This has also allowed me to continue watching Dexter which has gone to all sorts of places before and after the trinity killer season.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I enjoy walking dead

It's got a lot of really stupid shit but manages just enough moments of legit good TV that I keep watching

AMC is certainly not doing the show any favors with the budget cuts and shit, though

• HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    zucchini wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

The entire season (series) was the guy trying to find the keys to start the car so he could go and solve crimes

Hey.

Fuck you.

/liked Rubicon, even though it was slower than molasses.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
    the first season of walking dead was really bad too though

awful

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    the first season of walking dead wasn't so much bad as it was utterly unable to live up to the promise of the pilot, which was pretty dang amazing

7656367.jpg