As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Street Fighter X Tekken: Game out now. 12 characters DLC incoming. Day 1 patching.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    So here's a shitty story.

We have a game center called Game On that hosts us every week for fighting game casuals and does tournaments once a month or so. They were robbed on Monday night and they took pretty everything, which included around 10-12 50" TVs and 360s. No idea if the owners had insurance yet but I really hope they do. It's just a small facility though run by a local husband and wife, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

If you've ever been robbed, you know there's nothing like the feeling of knowing some asshole invaded your space and took your stuff for their own. I've been through it and I've never been so angry in my life. I just needed to vent a bit and it's...somewhat relevant.

Update! They caught the bastards.

http://www.krem.com/news/crime/Burglary-suspect-rides-bike-directly-into-police-custody-143955536.html

Excellent! Way to hear a happy ending for a news story for once.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. So many burgulary cases end with people not getting their stuff back, so good stuff.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Apparently shoryuken.com just doesn't want me. I've been trying forever to join their forums and they never send me the email.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    Man, team Rufus/Zangief is amazing. These two need their own TV show.

On a side note, I can't tell if I like playing megaman because he's fun... or because it's so fucking ridiculous what capcom did. Either way I love it!

That said, is the shit around Megaman's face stubble or graphic tearing.

WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    You know what bugs me about Capcom fighters? The fact that you spend more time searching or waiting for online fights than you spend actually fighting.

Seriously. Why is there no "rematch" feature for 2 player endless lobbies? Why does it take so long to find an opponent?

• Options
    Anyone up for some late night fights on the PS3? Or maybe some tag team action? I could play Ryu on point or Zangief on anchor.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i have no idea how to play this game

whyyyy isn't it street fighter 5 :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    So I just rented this. Will be playing it later tonight or tomorrow. How's zangief in this? Any big changes to him/how you play him in this game compared to SF4? Also, even though it's tag, first member of your team to get KO'd is a loss right?

Might run zangief/king or another SF character. Havent played tekken since 3. Vega is in this right?

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Zangief is amazing. Imagine what it would be like if all his great pokes in SF4 led to combos that outclass the damage on his HP SPD. Cause they do.

Yep, first character KO leads to the end of the round.

Yes, Vega is in this (both Claw and Dictator).

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Thx for the info fig D.

One last question, I saw ex moves are in the game. Ex green hand, does it knockdown?

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Even better, it causes a ground bounce. You can follow it up with a combo into hard knockdown or a reset situation.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Wow nice. I never picked up AE because it seemed they neutred zangief kinda bad. Looking forward to trying the game out tomorrow. Thanks again!

• Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hugo is awesome... Hugo and Zangief may be the most epic team in history.

And man, WOW, Bob is fucking fun! I would have never guessed it, but he's a blast to play. He seems fantastic against big slow characters, he's all about the quick mind fucks, but I don't know how he'd fair against the likes of shotos.

I'm still FAR away from playing this online though.
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Wow nice. I never picked up AE because it seemed they neutred zangief kinda bad. Looking forward to trying the game out tomorrow. Thanks again!

Ya, Zangief is a fucking BEAST in this game. His moves are so much easier to pull off than ever before.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Question about square gate joystick... when I'm doing something with more rotation, like Cammy's spinball thing, should I be rolling the stick or make a more ┘ shape where I the stick is hitting the corners in the gate?

I can do the move either way, just I lack the ability to reliably do it everytime... not sure which way would cause a bad habit.

oh and XBL thingie is badwr0ng there is a zero in there. Hope a PC version comes along sometime.

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Question about square gate joystick... when I'm doing something with more rotation, like Cammy's spinball thing, should I be rolling the stick or make a more ┘ shape where I the stick is hitting the corners in the gate?

You shouldn't be riding the gate.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I am now Classy Chun-Li.

Also, I brought along my classy Chun pet crab.

myBHh.png

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I like that avatar. I'LL FIGHT YOU FOR IT.

• Options
    HiT BiT made it for me! He made the crab first, mistaking my original request, though I think the crab is just as awesome as the Chun pic.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    But she's not very good =(

I don't know that it's even possible to not be great at Juri in SFxT.

Chun/Juri Hat

make the haters weep

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    ps3 fights, anyone? edward, we havent fought yet! we should fight.

• Options
    I would still like to try out the co-op function, but I guess no one wants me as a teammate.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    i'll co-op with you duder, ive only got a couple minutes before dinnertime right now though

• Options
    Messed around in training for about 15 minutes, and played 2 online matches through fight requests. One flawless one kinda laggy. Went 1-1. I'm surprised by how much I like how it feels. It's very much like SF4, much with the magic series combos. At the very least, anybody should be able to pull off a basic 5 hit combo through L M F F L x special move.

I tried out king briefly in practice, only to remember how long it took me to learn him in tekken. He seems like he'd be very good as he has options to get in around anybody's defenses with his able to overhead, go low, or throw, but you have to memorize all his moves/options.

So I'm sticking with SF for now. Zangief and a shoto, although I'm thinking
    Of swapping to a turtles/counter gut like Guile or boxer.

Zangief does feel really good on this. I wonder if I can do his old ex green hand combos, and use the bounce to launch afterwards. Also, I heard Jump ins in thus game are strong. His K throw has focus qualities, IE can absorb hits. Nice.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Pook, that was fun! Sorry about the time it took to find that second match, I didn't realize that each time we go into the training room I have to reset it to accept requests.

Also, I do have a bluray headset, perhaps I should use it more often.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    As a rule jump ins are pretty damn strong, yeah. As a more specific rule, they're typically really good against the Tekken cast. As someone in here said before I think, you should always jump in on new opponents and see how well they deal with it. So far the only characters I'm particularly wary of in regards to antiairs are Ryu (besides dp he can super punish you if done right) and Juri (though that's because I play her and am well aware of her c.fp).

• Options
    Ryu has arguably the strongest anti-air in the game with his c.HP. Sadly you can do much as a follow up except reposition.

• Options
    Do they really have no plans on fixing the sound bugs? Just got it for the first time, really threw me off.

• Options
    April 3 is the supposed sound fix.

Also, I don't know if you guys have been running through Arcade mode with the appropriate teams, but Rufus/Zangief (The Space Cyclones!) is hilarious.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Ah ok, thought I heard in this thread they werent gonna fix it. It's really thrown me off, never realized I used sounds as cues in fighting games before.

Watch this be the one game they don't do a super version of. I really like how it feels in a lot of ways, but can't justify buying right now on the 360. Too much lacking compared to the ps3 version, 12 DLC characters incoming, and the release bugs. When I turn it into redbox though, I see myself possibly popping in SSF4 again possibly.

I'm playing on 360 right now if anybody wants fights. If they're still around I'm on the SF4 and MvC3 meta tags. Xbox GT = Tommatt. I'm not that good, about avg although my gief is cheesy as hell

*edit* ugh. Why is there no way to disable fight requests in arcade mode? Unless I missed it. On ogre and kept getting matched up with yellow abd red opponents. Would rather just finish arcade at that point than get a laggy match. And I know the story isn't the point, but just finished it with zangief and Rufus. Seriously capcom? That's the best ending you can come up with? Besides MK, has there ever been a fightinggame with good endings? Actually I though I remember tekken having decent endings.

Whatever. Anyways, having fun with the game, but for me, it's nothing more than a rental. Shame too, some good qualities here and it should have been a great game. I'll wait for ultimate.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    Capcom has already confirmed that there will not be another disc release of this game; all updates will be as DLC.

• Options
    Capcom has already confirmed that there will not be another disc release of this game; all updates will be as DLC.

I'll believe that when I see it. At the very least there will be an AE style DLC expansion for $20. And at that point the disk will be not $20, making it + the expansion $40 ie the price of SSF4 /UMvC3

• Options
    I believe one of the reasons there won't be another disc release is because they've only got the rights from Namco to release the one.

• Options
    Anyone up for some co-op action online?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Ah ok, thought I heard in this thread they werent gonna fix it. It's really thrown me off, never realized I used sounds as cues in fighting games before.

Watch this be the one game they don't do a super version of. I really like how it feels in a lot of ways, but can't justify buying right now on the 360. Too much lacking compared to the ps3 version, 12 DLC characters incoming, and the release bugs. When I turn it into redbox though, I see myself possibly popping in SSF4 again possibly.

I'm playing on 360 right now if anybody wants fights. If they're still around I'm on the SF4 and MvC3 meta tags. Xbox GT = Tommatt. I'm not that good, about avg although my gief is cheesy as hell

*edit* ugh. Why is there no way to disable fight requests in arcade mode? Unless I missed it. On ogre and kept getting matched up with yellow abd red opponents. Would rather just finish arcade at that point than get a laggy match. And I know the story isn't the point, but just finished it with zangief and Rufus. Seriously capcom? That's the best ending you can come up with? Besides MK, has there ever been a fightinggame with good endings? Actually I though I remember tekken having decent endings.

Whatever. Anyways, having fun with the game, but for me, it's nothing more than a rental. Shame too, some good qualities here and it should have been a great game. I'll wait for ultimate.

You can turn off fight request mode just before starting single player mode. Make sure to pay attention to all the menus, it's the last one before you go to character selection.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

You can turn off fight request mode just before starting single player mode. Make sure to pay attention to all the menus, it's the last one before you go to character selection.

That I know. Just surprised that after I started arcade mode there was no way to turn it off short of disconnecting from xbox live. Pretty sure even in SF4 you could hit a button and disable it after you had started.

Sometimes you just want to kill the last boss and get the crappy ending ya know?

• Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I wasn't able to watch SFxT at NCR, but the general consensus I seem to gather is that it was pretty lackluster. Like, the game is just boring and there are still a ton of timeouts. I was hoping after a few weeks with the game, that wouldn't be the case.

It's cool that Infiltration and Laugh made it over though.

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    I don't find the game boring, nor do I get many timeouts. I guess I'm not pro enough to understand, though.

• Options
    I wasn't able to watch SFxT at NCR, but the general consensus I seem to gather is that it was pretty lackluster. Like, the game is just boring and there are still a ton of timeouts. I was hoping after a few weeks with the game, that wouldn't be the case.

It's cool that Infiltration and Laugh made it over though.

I personally really like how the game felt. There's a large cast of characters, and it'd a nice in between of SF4 and MvC with the tag system, magic system, and juggles/launchers.

I just felt overall it lacked polish, especially seeing as how it's capcoms 5th fighter this gen (6if you count AE). As far as I know they've done well in sales this generation, but the quality of their games has really dropped IMO.

For people on thefence I'd definitely give it a rental. I'd guess most people can look past it's faults for the solid fighting game that's there. Personally, in waiting until I see it cheap/used around the time the DLC comes out, to make sure there's no Super version.

• Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    I love the game personally, but it has issues flat out. Mostly in the bug department, but the time outs do get out. Fighting anyone decently experienced makes this worse since you can regen your health pretty readily by swapping.

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Most of the time when I get a time out in a match I'm playing I feel like another 10-15 seconds would really be all that is left to add (at most). You want defensive styles to still be able to function, after all.