As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I want more puzzles. :(

Of course I don't have the ones finished that are out now. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    How do people get pink pieces, anyway? Just randomly start with them, or is there another way to receive them?

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    randomly start with them.

Special gold pants Miis have ALL OF THEM.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    It's sort of interesting how it works out in practice. There's a number of people in the area who I regularly tag, and we've built up a shared set of pink pieces that we all have. If one of us goes out and somehow obtains another one, he's essentially adding to the shared pool for all of us. Finishing the puzzles is basically a group project.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    This actually looks pretty good and full-featured compared to its Wii predecessor (in concept, anyway):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRcm5QTaGTE

Yeah, that looks like it could be awesome for people who like Tetris/timed-puzzles, but it looks way too fast for my tastes.

As far as pink piece puzzles, I've seen one or two game store employees with what appeared to be all of them, but I'm nowhere near complete on any of the new puzzles. I only have 3 of the old ones complete at that. Been spending too many coins on Find Mii 2 to buy pieces..

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    So today my friend and I were having trouble StreetPassing with our 3DS's. WiFi gameplay worked fine (we played a touch of Zelda: Four Swords together), but the consoles wouldn't recognize that they were near each other. We had them in sleep mode for quite a long time as well (at least 10 minutes), and no dice! We see each other a few times a week and her Mii is a nice level 7, so I really need it for Find Mii 2. :P Does anybody have any clue why this might be happening?

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    So today my friend and I were having trouble StreetPassing with our 3DS's. WiFi gameplay worked fine (we played a touch of Zelda: Four Swords together), but the consoles wouldn't recognize that they were near each other. We had them in sleep mode for quite a long time as well (at least 10 minutes), and no dice! We see each other a few times a week and her Mii is a nice level 7, so I really need it for Find Mii 2. :P Does anybody have any clue why this might be happening?

Have both of you used the other in Streetpass Mii Plaza since your last streetpass? You can't streetpass someone again without both of you having cleared out the old one.

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    From what I can tell, you can only streetpass the same person 2 maybe 3 times per day. When the streetpass occurs seems to be very random. I'm not sure if Peewi is correct about both streetpasses needing to be "cleared" before another one can happen, as I've had a situation where I checked my streetpass, the other person did not, and after awhile I got a new streetpass while she did not.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Started my first game of 3D Classics Kid Icarus. Nice use of 3D and some slightly remixed music/sounds. Of course not having to write down a stupid long password is the best feature of all. Finished the first stage while killing about 90% of the enemies for a 18k score. Only 10k for the next health block which I should easily have by the end of stage 1-2. Also got lucky in the treasure room and got a Health Potion (darn it barrel!)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Also the only completely reliable way I have ever been able to streetpass is when in sleep mode on the home screen. I don't care if you're supposed to be able to do it any other time, while in a 3DS game, while in the music app, whatever...any time I have had trouble, I make sure both people are closed out of absolutely everything.

But I also know someone whose 3DS just plain doesn't streetpass with certain people 90% of the time even under perfect conditions. So who knows.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/24/unchained-blades-coming-to-3ds-eshop-via-xseed/

Interesting. A Japanese retail game is apparently coming to eshop in America.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    KI 3D update!

On world 2-4, got 5 bars of health, 4 arrow strength, all 3 weapon upgrades, barrel w/9 potions, 25 hammers, 3 feathers, and the credit card. Rockin' it!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Started my first game of 3D Classics Kid Icarus. Nice use of 3D and some slightly remixed music/sounds. Of course not having to write down a stupid long password is the best feature of all. Finished the first stage while killing about 90% of the enemies for a 18k score. Only 10k for the next health block which I should easily have by the end of stage 1-2. Also got lucky in the treasure room and got a Health Potion (darn it barrel!)

They didn't remix the music or sounds. This is based off the superior Famicom Disk System version which has extra sound channels and thus better music :D It's also the reason it has a save system and not the lame password system (which I actually saw a review that bitched about this, because the guy wanted to cheat and skip to a later level... seriously dude?)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    From what I can tell, you can only streetpass the same person 2 maybe 3 times per day. When the streetpass occurs seems to be very random. I'm not sure if Peewi is correct about both streetpasses needing to be "cleared" before another one can happen, as I've had a situation where I checked my streetpass, the other person did not, and after awhile I got a new streetpass while she did not.

I didn't even know you could streetpass the same person multiple times a day.

Having to clear the streetpass to do a new one has been my experience with a guy that only ever opens Streetpass Mii Plaza when I tell him to, so I can streetpass him.

Also, just got Iwata with golden pants from spotpass. It looked like he had all puzzle pieces and was level 5 in Streetpass Quest.

Peewi on
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    He used to be Level 7 but he took a level cut.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

I didn't even know you could streetpass the same person multiple times a day.

Having to clear the streetpass to do a new one has been my experience with a guy that only ever opens Streetpass Mii Plaza when I tell him to, so I can streetpass him.

You can StreetPass the same person after eight hours. Also, you can StreetPass the same person multiple times before greeting them at the gate. However, it's a waste because you get the multiple hits off the same Mii, but it only counts as if you met them once (they essentially just do multiple high fives). So you only get one round of Find Mii/Find Mii II or collecting puzzle pieces. On the bright side, you still level them up from the extra StreetPass hit(s). Still, you're better off greeting them at the gate within eight hours before StreetPassing the same person again.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    Also the only completely reliable way I have ever been able to streetpass is when in sleep mode on the home screen. I don't care if you're supposed to be able to do it any other time, while in a 3DS game, while in the music app, whatever...any time I have had trouble, I make sure both people are closed out of absolutely everything.

But I also know someone whose 3DS just plain doesn't streetpass with certain people 90% of the time even under perfect conditions. So who knows.

Most of time, the solution is that either someone didn't have their wireless on, or that someone's StreetPass Plaza was filled up. At PAX Prime last year, I was constantly checking my Notifications to see if my Plaza was maxed out at 10.

Ferquin N.C. Root
    KI 3D update!

On world 2-4, got 5 bars of health, 4 arrow strength, all 3 weapon upgrades, barrel w/9 potions, 25 hammers, 3 feathers, and the credit card. Rockin' it!

Two questions:

In this version, how do you predict which pot the god of poverty is in? The only guide I see mentions black rooms and blue rooms and I can't tell which is which.

How do you haggle without a controller 2?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    KI 3D update!

Two questions:

In this version, how do you predict which pot the god of poverty is in? The only guide I see mentions black rooms and blue rooms and I can't tell which is which.

How do you haggle without a controller 2?

I don't know about the blue/black rooms. There is still a pattern, but I don't know what it is. Someone will come up with a FAQ breakdown eventually. Haggling is explained in the instruction manual (we ALL forget that these games have them) on page 11. You hit A+Start to haggle. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    -
    Warlock82 wrote: »

They didn't remix the music or sounds. This is based off the superior Famicom Disk System version which has extra sound channels and thus better music :D It's also the reason it has a save system and not the lame password system (which I actually saw a review that bitched about this, because the guy wanted to cheat and skip to a later level... seriously dude?)

I can see why people complain about the lack of a password system because in order to get the best ending you need to play without losing a life, getting every upgrade, every life bar and lots of points. I am not sure how to get the best best ending there because I tried to do it without losing a life and farming an insane amount of points and I was only able to get the second best ending on my Famicom Mini version.

I'm assuming the 3D Classics version works the same, am I correct? What did I miss? One thing I remember is that I never came across a credit card.

RockinX on
    It's not about points. You have to end with 999 hearts, arrow strength of 5, health level 5, and have acquired all weapons. For each of these elements you're missing, you get an ending one notch below. I.E. if you end with 965 hearts and arrow strength 4, you will only get the medium ending.

edited March 2012
    It's not about points. You have to end with 999 hearts, arrow strength of 5, health level 5, and have acquired all weapons. For each of these elements you're missing, you get an ending one notch below. I.E. if you end with 965 hearts and arrow strength 4, you will only get the medium ending.

According to this site:
    http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Kid_Icarus/Endings

The best ending doesn't exist in the FDS version. I got ending #3 on that list last time I played, which I'm guessing is the best ending here.

Edit:

Found a handy guide for this:
     ...............      Kid Icarus
     .1           2.    Treasure chamber
     ..           ..
     .3           4.  Stage 2 and 3: 2, 3, 4.
     ...         ...  Stage 1:       1, 3, 8.
     .5     6      .
     ....  ...  ....   Mallets:      0 1 2 3
     .7           8.   Pos(2 and 3): 8 5 6 1
     ...............   Pos(1):       7 2 4 6

Apparently the way to read this is, in stage 1, shoot jars 1, 3 and 8. In stages 2 or 3, shoot jars 2, 3 and 4. After doing that, count how many mallets you've uncovered, and the little blue guy will be in the jar listed.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282

I had 999 hearts when I finished the game. I really want to know how to get the grown angel ending =( One of Arino's ADs (from Game Center CX) managed to pull off the best ending.

RockinX wrote: »

I had 999 hearts when I finished the game. I really want to know how to get the grown angel ending =( One of Arino's ADs (from Game Center CX) managed to pull off the best ending.

Click the link I posted above, it tells you exactly what you need.

Looks like I'm on par to get the bestest ending. Kisses!!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Picross has devoured my time. I never liked the pen and paper version, but being able to guess to get a few squares makes this actually playable. Are there other eShop, GBA or DS versions that are this good?

uyvfOQy.png
    edited March 2012
    Looks like I'm on par to get the bestest ending. Kisses!!

Let me know if the kissing ending is in there. I'm curious (but not curious enough to play through the entire game *again* :P). I would think they'd use the Japanese endings, but those don't have all the background set pieces to them, which are clearly here. So *shrug*. IMO, best would be if they had both the worst Japanese ending (Pit turned into a Specknose) and best US ending (kisses). But who knows :P

Edit: Oh wow, they don't even have human-form Medusa in there?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66mUFEUMmj0&feature=related

Japanese ending is lame! (that music is pretty great though)

Warlock82 on
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Not that they haven't done things to the games anyway. Even Urban Champion has some tweaks and improvements, however slight.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • G0DG0D Registered User regular
    So I don't see 3D Classics: Kid Icarus in the eShop, I presumed as much. When, however, do we expect to see it? This coming Thursday at $5.99 I'd assume? Honestly, that title will be my first must-have of the 3D Classics line. Not that I wouldn't absolutely adore Urban Champion, but I already know that's too little game for the price.

I've been unemployed for the last five months... it sucks. I need to find a damn job so I can give Nintendo my money already! C'mon!

• SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    Anyone getting the 007-2990 error while trying to download some items? Particularly, Nintendo Video? I can download everything else just fine, just not that.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Sigtyr wrote: »
    Anyone getting the 007-2990 error while trying to download some items? Particularly, Nintendo Video? I can download everything else just fine, just not that.

I think I got an error of sorts like that with nintendo video, might be the saved downloads or the program are corrupted. Try deleting the saved videos or the channel itself and redownloading.

pHWHd2G.jpg
    edited March 2012

I think I found the problem, I may be missing one arrow upgrade. If I recall correctly, I had 4 of them. and four health bars. No idea where to get the fifth, though. It's weird because I got like a million points.

Edit: Oh, right! I had five health bars but four arrow upgrades. I have no idea where to get the last one, though =( I entered every chamber I found, but some where empty.

RockinX on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Do I want Metal Gear 3DS for 30 bucks if I'm planning on getting the HD collection on the Vita? I've been holding off because I don't want to buy the same game twice, but I also have a 5 dollar off coupon. I was going to wait until both came out and pick the best one, but that is a pretty decent deal. Should I go for the deal or continue to wait?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So I'm angry at Best Buy. I preorder the game...the guy at the register messes everything up...my game code never shows up, and now they have to investigate because their system never shows I preordered anything...and I have to wait on them to credit me...I am so angry right now. :evil:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    OK, beat Kid Icarus 3D Classic. 500,000 points, 5 endurance bars, 5 arrows, 999 hearts, barrel, 8 potions, credit card, 1 feather.

Got big, got kissed, and angels were making it rain hearts! Best Ending! w00t!

Also, finally found all the differences in original and custom mode: auto-fire, slow jump fall by holding jump button, and no start-up when moving from a stand still. Makes the game a lot easier. Don't know if it effects the difficulty level for health/arrow power though.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited March 2012
    Do I want Metal Gear 3DS for 30 bucks if I'm planning on getting the HD collection on the Vita? I've been holding off because I don't want to buy the same game twice, but I also have a 5 dollar off coupon. I was going to wait until both came out and pick the best one, but that is a pretty decent deal. Should I go for the deal or continue to wait?

I dunno, I like it. 30 is not a bad price for it. You probably need a circle pad pro to get the most out of it, but when you do have one the changes to the controls from the original are very noticeable and welcome. Crouch walking is nice, the game tracks the titles you earn like achievements to encourage repeat playthroughs, Yoshis are in different places from the Kerotans for a slight new challenge. Photo camo is fun and the 3D effect is excellent.

It's probably not the best best version of the game, but I like it better than the PS2 original. HD collection has its own merits but is missing some of the 3DS version's improvements. Basically there's the graphically better version, and then there's the one that controls a bit better and is 3D.

UncleSporky on

I think I found the problem, I may be missing one arrow upgrade. If I recall correctly, I had 4 of them. and four health bars. No idea where to get the fifth, though. It's weird because I got like a million points.

Edit: Oh, right! I had five health bars but four arrow upgrades. I have no idea where to get the last one, though =( I entered every chamber I found, but some where empty.

Look up a guide on GameFAQs, but basically Kid Icarus has a weird hidden XP system. It's something like, for every enemy you kill and heart you collect (as long as your hearts are not maxed at 999), you get positive XP. For every time you get hit, and for every arrow you fire, you lose XP. So it sort of rewards you for playing well - take less damage and fire accurately and you'll come out positive. The positive XP outweighs the negative for the most part (ex: it's something like +500xp for a big heart, but it's only -10xp for an arrow fired, or -300xp for taking damage.. something like that).

But basically, there are set rooms where you can get the arrow upgrades. If you have enough XP by the time you reach one, you get it. There are more than five rooms, but not a *lot* more. So it's tight. Guides I've seen recommend farming, like, those falling rock guys in stage 2 that drop big hearts, or the enemies in the dungeons that drop big hearts. Big hearts are a good way to boost your XP by a lot. Esp. if you can avoid getting hit while doing it.

Really the game just needs an XP meter though, because they hide this shit too much and just make it confusing.

Look up a guide on GameFAQs, but basically Kid Icarus has a weird hidden XP system. It's something like, for every enemy you kill and heart you collect (as long as your hearts are not maxed at 999), you get positive XP. For every time you get hit, and for every arrow you fire, you lose XP. So it sort of rewards you for playing well - take less damage and fire accurately and you'll come out positive. The positive XP outweighs the negative for the most part (ex: it's something like +500xp for a big heart, but it's only -10xp for an arrow fired, or -300xp for taking damage.. something like that).

But basically, there are set rooms where you can get the arrow upgrades. If you have enough XP by the time you reach one, you get it. There are more than five rooms, but not a *lot* more. So it's tight. Guides I've seen recommend farming, like, those falling rock guys in stage 2 that drop big hearts, or the enemies in the dungeons that drop big hearts. Big hearts are a good way to boost your XP by a lot. Esp. if you can avoid getting hit while doing it.

Really the game just needs an XP meter though, because they hide this shit too much and just make it confusing.

I had no idea this applied to the Japanese version as well. I have to learn not to take damage, but I was under the impression that it didn't.

edited March 2012
    I believe both versions are functionally the same except for things like the sound quality and endings (and the ability to save vs. passwords).

I just checked a random website and apparently even haggling was in the game via using the FDS microphone, which is really cute.

Warlock82 on
    edited March 2012
    But it's weird, because I'm used to farming a lot in Kid Icarus. Maybe I'm not farming enough at the right places.

Edit: That's gotta be it. I stop grinding after the dungeons because of my number of hears.

RockinX on
This discussion has been closed.