As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Borderlands: OLD THREAD Who's gettin' off the bus?

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    You can get out but there's not really any point. You just respawn outside and you keep everything; just a loss of your usual respawn. Quest still completes and everything.

Use the extra time to grab what you can.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Or use the glitch so you don't have to deal with the timer and can hit the armory more than once.

I think that was a pretty stupid thing to do. "Here's a billion chests! Have fun... for the 2-something minutes before you explode!"

Double-stupid after making you do all that dumb driving without any fast-travel points.

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Yeah, you're stuck in there. I freaked out the first time because I thought I did something wrong.

What no you aren't! There is an elevator on the second floor that takes you out of there before it explodes.

I have never seen this elevator. Where is it?

steam_sig.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2012
    Just got though Krom with PierceNeck this evening.

Protip: Have a health regen shield in inventory. The faster the better, and it's shield rating isn't so very important. I am using:

Wee_Wees_Super_Booster.jpg

(The "Very Fast Health Regeneration" is a hidden stat.)

I switch it out for the highest cap shield I can find as needed.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Low level, sure. But all the classes have healing skills higher up on their trees

steam_sig.png
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    stat FTW

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    Or use the glitch so you don't have to deal with the timer and can hit the armory more than once.

I think that was a pretty stupid thing to do. "Here's a billion chests! Have fun... for the 2-something minutes before you explode!"

Double-stupid after making you do all that dumb driving without any fast-travel points.

You can actually do the armory run 3 times total if you do the followup quests from Marcus after you beat Knoxx the first time.

That's about all the patience I have for running back to the armory anyway, so for me there was never any desire to glitch.

• AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oh goddamnit borderlands.

Somehow I lost all the brains I've collected before actually activating the quest.

You're lucky that you're just so much goddamn fun.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Yeah, you're stuck in there. I freaked out the first time because I thought I did something wrong.

What no you aren't! There is an elevator on the second floor that takes you out of there before it explodes.

You know the floating platform you can use to ascend or descend? Jump on it and go to the top floor , then jump back on the walkway and just follow the path.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I uh, am in the middle of Crazy Earl's stupid tasks.

Man I don't think he's all that crazy if you lived on Pandora being a lunatic recluse would be a smart choice given the alternatives.

Oh on the suggestion of the wiki went to the wharf and checked out the massive skull there.

It had a collar made of excavator shovels.

I think Earl has an eye for breeding murder machines/holy fuck how big can skags get?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I uh, am in the middle of Crazy Earl's stupid tasks.

Man I don't think he's all that crazy if you lived on Pandora being a lunatic recluse would be a smart choice given the alternatives.

Oh on the suggestion of the wiki went to the wharf and checked out the massive skull there.

It had a collar made of excavator shovels.

I think Earl has an eye for breeding murder machines/holy fuck how big can skags get?

Who's quests aren't ridiculous?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Antihippy wrote: »

Somehow I lost all the brains I've collected before actually activating the quest.

Brain hunting is annoying if you don't activate it very early on. But wait til you are collecting on Claptrap Rev for real annoyance.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life

You know the floating platform you can use to ascend or descend? Jump on it and go to the top floor , then jump back on the walkway and just follow the path.
    I must have missed that on my first run, and I've been glitching it ever since. So I'm assuming that way doesn't open up if you've glitched it.

steam_sig.png
    Antihippy wrote: »

Brain hunting is annoying if you don't activate it very early on. But wait til you are collecting on Claptrap Rev for real annoyance.

If you're talking about the components, they're easy. LIke the brains if you get the quest early and turn it in asap every time you get them all, its pretty easy to get what you need just simply playing through.

Claptrap has the benefit of putting Tannis right there on your way into the DLC so you can't really miss her for turning in and picking up. It's really easy to miss Earl and/or not want to waste your time running back through that area every time you turn in brains.

If you're talking about the achievement collectables like pizza and underwear on the other hand.

Yeah.

That is some shit.

I still can't bring myself to do a last boss "farm" session for those. Ugh.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

You can actually do the armory run 3 times total if you do the followup quests from Marcus after you beat Knoxx the first time.

That's about all the patience I have for running back to the armory anyway, so for me there was never any desire to glitch.

Yeah, but that means driving all the way back to the armory and more tedious fetch-questing.

At which point my brain just puts its foot down and says "no". I'd rather just skip the fetch-questing entirely and just glitch it, even if I don't recall ever doing that more than 2-3 times. Collecting 200-ish power cores is more than enough for me, much less doing more of the same.

I'm sort of glad that things like brain-fetching and pizza-questing don't yield much. That way I can just ignore them and play the entertaining bits instead of farming for items.

I must have missed that on my first run, and I've been glitching it ever since. So I'm assuming that way doesn't open up if you've glitched it.

I believe it does but I dont remember . Its been forever since I been in there. The key thing is that the elevator at the end of the hallway rises and lowers by itself so you kinda have to be looking for it.

Nah, I know what elevator you're talking about, as I go up there for the chests every time I do an armory run. I just never saw a way out up there. Maybe I'll do a legit run through just to see it.

steam_sig.png
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    So taking a long break from BL has rejuvenated the game quite a bit for me. The sting of losing all of my high level characters is gone, and I no longer feel a need to push my way back to the high levels. I can just roll around now and shoot mans and have fun with the game.

I still get aggravated when my character sticks on some uneven piece of level geometry and I think a lot of the RPG mechanics could be way better, but I'm having fun again and that's something.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I am up to the part where I have to go into Old Haven. Although I did overlook the mission to get Crazy Earl the canned skag meat the first two times I was in Krom's Canyon. I don't really want to go do that one.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Wait geometry problems? I only recall stuff like that when trying to deal with the silly floaty jumps. It's no Mass Effect in terms of shitty geometry clipping, at least

steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote: »
    Wait geometry problems? I only recall stuff like that when trying to deal with the silly floaty jumps. It's no Mass Effect in terms of shitty geometry clipping, at least

I got stuck on some rocks everyone know and again mostly when jumping off cliffs to lower areas.

• EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Just got though Krom with PierceNeck this evening.

Protip: Have a health regen shield in inventory. The faster the better, and it's shield rating isn't so very important. I am using:

Wee_Wees_Super_Booster.jpg

(The "Very Fast Health Regeneration" is a hidden stat.)

I switch it out for the highest cap shield I can find as needed.

Hold off on killing that guy in your second playthrough and beat the game normally. It'll level up to you when you do kill him for it.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Sooo, I just finished my first playthrough including the DLC. I'm getting ready to start my second, but I have one last thing to take care of. I just finished the 'get back into the Knoxx/Crimson Lance arsenal quest', and I don't really like glitching. So, if any professional loot raiders want to come along, I could use a few PA pals to help me loot the arsenal! My Brick is level 43 so if you have any low alts or the like, they're welcome to the bounty. All I want are good revolvers, shotguns or rocket launchers.

I'll be on later tonight around 8:00 or so if anyone wants to come along. Gamespy ID: Paladin1607

• The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

I got stuck on some rocks everyone know and again mostly when jumping off cliffs to lower areas.

Pumpkinhead trapped me behind a pumpkin with one of his bull rushes once, after I had spent fifteen minutes dancing around him and wearing him down. I had to let him kill me to escape and restart the entire fight.

Still, I just kind of rolled with it because I took silly shit happening to be the whole point of Borderlands.

EvilBadman wrote: »
    Hold off on killing that guy in your second playthrough and beat the game normally. It'll level up to you when you do kill him for it.

I have yet to get much past dude at the top of the giant excavating machine. Lost the save where I got that far.

There are higher level shields that perform a whole lot better than even a delay-upgraded Super Booster. I don't think I am going to go out of my way to get it if I ever play the game a second time though.

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    I am up to the part where I have to go into Old Haven. Although I did overlook the mission to get Crazy Earl the canned skag meat the first two times I was in Krom's Canyon. I don't really want to go do that one.

So ... have you gotten to the Crimson Lance yet?

If not ... enjoy 8-)

Also, just beat Knoxx last night, did the armory run ... got jack shit. Oh well, still carrying around some good stuff. Going to wrap up some of the extra missions then VIVA LAS CLAPTRAPS!

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
    The Crimson Lance first appear in Old Haven. The last character I played through that area did not have a corrosive weapon. It was an afternoon not much preferable to a root canal.

I have learned from the Before Times. I have a corrosive weapon. The Crimson Lance will burn chemical fire and I will cackle with glee and Schadenfreude.

Ha ha, yeah, that was a rude awakening.

God, the Turrets. The. Worst. Possible. Thing.

• MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    The Crimson Lance first appear in Old Haven. The last character I played through that area did not have a corrosive weapon. It was an afternoon not much preferable to a root canal.

I have learned from the Before Times. I have a corrosive weapon. The Crimson Lance will burn chemical fire and I will cackle with glee and Schadenfreude.

Melting Lance is the most satisfying thing. The second-most satisfying thing is shooting them in their stupid faces so they die even without chemicals.

The worst thing is when you don't have acid or a reasonably accurate gun.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    God, the Turrets. The. Worst. Possible. Thing.

I hate turrets because they do one of the things that really peeves me in video games: applying negative effects to players that the player can't apply to targets. Sure, there are enemies that can daze me or stun me, but I can do the same thing to them. But turrets just kick your aim in the balls and you can never, ever do the same. Even when they aren't a threat, it's still annoying having to pop in and out of cover so you can have a half-second of level aim to snap off a shot or two.

Man, my only hope with all those shielded Lancers was a sniper bullet to the face. So imagine my horror in Old Haven when I heard that telltale 'click click'

There was many a swearing that day.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    I managed a decent haul of weapons. I've got a few orange guns, still no rapid fire rocket launcher but I did get one with "Beware the Horde!" Very useful against final Claptrap for wrecking his turrets.

I'm addicted to finding better space revolvers and revolver shotguns. They're so GOOD!

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    I managed a decent haul of weapons. I've got a few orange guns, still no rapid fire rocket launcher but I did get one with "Beware the Horde!" Very useful against final Claptrap for wrecking his turrets.

I'm addicted to finding better space revolvers and revolver shotguns. They're so GOOD!

You beat craw yet? That's the only thing I haven't done with my PT1 Brick. I'd be happy to come along (Steam link in sig)

Craw is still max level on PL1 too. Just throwing that out there before ya'll hop up there to fight him at level 40 or something.

It could work.

No it can't.

I'd like to do a multiplayer Craw run just so I can see how you do it when you can't abuse phasewalk and los. Don't even care about weapons because I imagine it'll be hard to top what she already has.

steam_sig.png
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Crimson Lance are the guys who typically drop the Battle Ogre, which means that you need to kill the big jerk carrying the gun first, preferably before he tears you an anatomically superfluous new orifice. Which is what happened to me the first time I ever encountered CL. "Holy Crap, what is he shooting me with ?"

edited March 2012
    Distilled hate double loaded and chambered to 'fuck off and die'.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    edited March 2012
    I would, but it'll take a while before I'm ready for the CRAW. At 43 right now.

manwiththemachinegun on
    Did anyone else find the second-to-last round of Circle of Duty harder than the last?
    I mean, the last had two APCs, but they fall really quick with my Pestillent revolver. But I didn't see a single Royal Guard on the last bout, and the time before that three spawned right next to me at once, it was one Second Wind after another until they were gone. Oh well, that's done with, and now I have two great launchers.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam