As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Monday, March 26, 2012 - Space Is Still The Place

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited March 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    I like to imagine that the gap between Friday's comic and today's comic is in real time.

• Options
    cplotcplot Registered User new member
    Where does the fact that "Chewbacca would have been taken from Kashyyyk when he was very young" come from?

Chewbacca is a grown wookie on Kashyyyk during episode 3, Revenge of the Sith where he helps Yoda escape. AFAIK, there is nothing in Star Wars lore to suggest he was taken from Kashyyyk before this.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    cplot wrote: »
    Where does the fact that "Chewbacca would have been taken from Kashyyyk when he was very young" come from?

Chewbacca is a grown wookie on Kashyyyk during episode 3, Revenge of the Sith where he helps Yoda escape. AFAIK, there is nothing in Star Wars lore to suggest he was taken from Kashyyyk before this.

This assumes Gabe has watched and/or respects the canon of the Prequel Trilogy.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    This feels like a weird role reversal from Tycho's constant zoophilia leanings. Coming soon: Episode 3: Space is Seriously Still the Place: Man is the Real Monster

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    LemonsLemons Registered User regular
    Did they get Daniel Tosh on the Penny Arcade team? Seems like every other comic is a gay joke nowadays.

• Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to imagine the HJ but I don't know what it is

wait, ok
    it's a Hand Job isn't it?

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    I think he just assumes that because Chewie was a slave when Han met him that he was grabbed as a little wookie.

Someone link that comic where they're talking about that wookie's tree trunk penis so we can really delve into the logistics.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Chewbacca was born on Kashyyyk in 200 BBY, the son of Attichitcuk. During his early years Chewbacca lived on Kashyyyk, but unlike many other Wookiees who rarely left the planet's lush forests, Chewbacca was consumed by an overpowering sense of adventure and exploration. Chewie's first travels were to the remote and dangerous lower levels of Kashyyyk's immense forests, the Shadowlands. It was not long before his travels took him far from the confines of his green homeworld. His heart, however, remained on Kashyyyk, and Chewie would always try to make it home for the holidays.

When Chewie was in his younger days, before he had reached 100 years of age

I didn't know he was that old.

• Options
    WolvenSpectreWolvenSpectre Saskatchewan, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh..PLEASE make one more mentioning "Han lovingly running his fingers through Chewbacca's chest hair" afterwards. I just want to see Tycho shudder like we do when he mentions some of his proclivities in the sexual arena.

This also reminds me of my friends faces when I point out my theory that Jar Jar and not Anakin is the chosen one but George Lucas whiffed the swing when he overdid how klutzy and grating Jar Jar was.

• Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    Aurich wrote: »
    I think he just assumes that because Chewie was a slave when Han met him that he was grabbed as a little wookie.

Someone link that comic where they're talking about that wookie's tree trunk penis so we can really delve into the logistics.

A Truly Remarkable Circumference.

Also, don't forget that Gabe likes to suck milk out of "wookie straws".

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    dat panel 3 face

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    This is pretty much the kind of shit I would say to one of my WoW guilds (the PAA actually) regularly.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    this comic is out of control. :)

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    What is HJ?

• Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    What is HJ?

2006beerfest002b.jpg

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Gabe wants you to imagine the holographic juxtaposition.

Fantasy locations and all their "y's" too. Geyyyz!

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    HJ or Hj can mean:

hj. (Hajji), an islamic honorific
    Handjob, a sexual act
    Hall–Janko group, a mathematical group
    Halliwell Jones Stadium, a stadium in Warrington]
    Hero's Journey (MMORPG), the game by Simutronics Corp.
    Heterojunction, the interface between two layers of dissimilar crystalline semiconductors
    Hilal-i-Jurat, the second highest military award of Pakistan
    Hitler-Jugend, the German name for the Hitler Youth
    Hobby Japan, Japanese roleplaying, war, and tabletop games, books and magazines publishing company.
    Hotel juliet, U.S. code word for a cryptographic key change
    The IATA airline designator for Tasman Cargo Airlines
    Hooded Justice, a character in The Watchmen
    Holden HJ, An Australian full sized car produced between 1974 & 1976
    Hajj, a pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia

Take your pick!

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    This feels like a weird role reversal from Tycho's constant zoophilia leanings. Coming soon: Episode 3: Space is Seriously Still the Place: Man is the Real Monster

Not a weird reversal, really. Tycho likes the long, graceful necks. Giraffes, ostriches, maybe an occasional swan or emu... It's all about the neck.

Now look at the wookiee. Does it even have a neck? Probably, I mean it's an arboreal mammal and all, but under that hair it's hard to be sure. If there is a neck, it's hardly long or graceful and as such, it's not to Tycho's refined tastes.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Not a weird reversal, really. Tycho likes the long, graceful necks. Giraffes, ostriches, maybe an occasional swan or emu... It's all about the neck.

Now look at the wookiee. Does it even have a neck? Probably, I mean it's an arboreal mammal and all, but under that hair it's hard to be sure. If there is a neck, it's hardly long or graceful and as such, it's not to Tycho's refined tastes.

YaraelPoof.jpg

awwwwww yeeeaaaahhhh

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    So slender!

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Now look at the wookiee.

Look at the wookie. Now look at me. Now back to the wookie.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Lemons wrote: »
    Did they get Daniel Tosh on the Penny Arcade team? Seems like every other comic is a gay joke nowadays.
    It's not a recent thing, it's a running joke through the history of the comic.

• Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Now look at the wookiee.

Look at the wookie. Now look at me. Now back to the wookie.

Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using lady-scented body wash and switched to Arachnia for Mans, he could smell like he’s me.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    djmoutondjmouton Registered User new member
    You see that guy over there?
    The fighter pilot with the short brown hair.
    You can feel the tension in the air,
    I think he's banging his wookiee.

But wookiees aren't for banging,
    They're just supposed to fly your ship.
    I think he's banging his wookiee, yeah yeah yeah,
    And I think that's sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=PL43A45F793A5CC45B&v=p5mA2TtPjto#t=131s

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

It's not gay if it's an alien.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I want the center panel of this strip with Gabe's speech baloons (and Gabe) removed. Just Tycho, saying "No."

26904.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »

It's not gay if it's an alien.

Unless it's a Krakthorian Gay Beast.

• Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular

It's not all about the necks, okay? In Poker Night at the Inventory Tycho goes on a thing about porcupines and their needles. The man has depth.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    What on earth is happening to Gabe's face in that third panel?

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    WolvenSpectreWolvenSpectre Saskatchewan, CanadaRegistered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    What on earth is happening to Gabe's face in that third panel?

I think it is somewhere between pre orgasm and partially recalling a frighteningly stimulating repressed memory from High School.

• Options
    AlexwrichardAlexwrichard Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    According to the Starwars: Chewbacca comic series Chewbacca climbed many a wroshyr tree and was forced out of him home due to empirical encroachment in his 'younger days' but certainly not "when he was very young." As the star wars wiki explains "When Chewie was in his younger days, before he had reached 100 years of age, he was well known for his skill at navigating the tall wroshyr trees." I for one am aghast and appalled at the blaten lack of canoncality of today's comic. May shame be upon you penny arcade, may shame be upon you.

Alexwrichard on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    No, it's clearly .01 seconds before a sneeze.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Penny Arcade has become the first company in history to offer Upgradeable Shirts
    First Party has returned, and we’re back with the 2.0 version of the polo. What does that mean?

Here’s what we kept from v1.0:
    i-B2HsKRh.jpg

- The style – Still two buttons, still has the First Party logo embroidered on the chest, still has the blue First Party tag on the sleeve.

- The weight – We liked the sturdy, 100% cotton of the first polos, which are thicker than many other human shirts. We kept that weight.

Here’s what we changed for the v2.0:
    - The material – These are made of a finer cotton than the v1.0s. If you want the dirty details, the v1.0s were “carded-cotton.” These are “combed-cotton.” The upshot is that they are softer/ sturdier.

- Pre-shrunk – The v2.0 polos have been pre-treated against shrinkage. So these can be worn and abused like normal laundry and they will still keep their size.

- New colors – We dropped the bright blue and red and replaced them with more muted colors: “Slate Blue” and the “Cardinal Red”. Suggested “Bloodreaverrr Crimson,” got shot down.

- Vented hem (?) – This is that little triangular slit that’s at the bottom of some shirts of this type. It makes them a little more comfortable to sit in and (in case it is necessary for a dress code) far more comfortable to wear tucked in.

What we’ve got is a soft, sturdy, comfortable polo with something called a “breathable pique weave.” It’s comfortable right out of the box, and with each wash only grows more comfortable, until you and the shirt become synonyms.

It seemed like it would be fun or cool or both to offer an “upgrade” program, in keeping with our Version Number nomenclature. Here’s how it works:

- People who bought a v1.0 polo can “upgrade” to a new v2.0 for free. (Yay!)

- You will need to cut out the chest emblem…

- Then, attach the emblem to this form: http://hw1.pa-cdn.com/pa/merch/fppoloupgrade.pdf

- Send the completed form to the PA Warehouse. (The address is on the form.)

- If you’re outside the US, the polo is still free, but we need you to share some of the shipping cost with us. So you will need to pay your part of the shipping here: http://store.penny-arcade.com/products/fpship, then include that order number on your form.

- This offer is good until 6/30/2012

Okay? Okay.

(CW)TB

Pretty awesome.

• Options
    DevilGuyDevilGuy Registered User regular
    wow it finally happened, I've been reading this comic for like 8 years regularly, and they've finally come up with a strip to which my only possible response is "what the fuck is wrong with you people"

Serioulsy... Wookie musk? I.. I don't even..

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    DevilGuy wrote: »
    wow it finally happened, I've been reading this comic for like 8 years regularly, and they've finally come up with a strip to which my only possible response is "what the fuck is wrong with you people"

Most people I know who walked away from PA walked away after the Wookie Penis joke.

215521961_dpKC4-L-2.jpg

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

Most people I know who walked away from PA walked away after the Wookie Penis joke.

215521961_dpKC4-L-2.jpg

Who would walk away after that? It's one of my favourites.

Also, that new shirt looks pretty damn good. I'd buy it right now, but it's a preorder and won't get here for a few months, and I'm not sure where I'll be living then, so I guess I'd better wait.

• Options
    DevilGuyDevilGuy Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

215521961_dpKC4-L-2.jpg

yeah see, that doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's just a dick joke wrapped in star wars. This latest was... visceral.

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    There's no meaningful difference. In one he's implying a trooper's girlfriend is getting railed by a thigh wide wookie cockasaurus, in the other they're talking about the danger of wookie claws during a handjob.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    I guess guy-on-wookie relations is just over the line!

Mark it zero, dude.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Ya know, it's Chewie. So his claw slipped over the shaft a little, big deal. It's just an HJ, man.

Tleilaxu on
    checkpointangrybirds.gif