As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Take My [Chat] Away!

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    @poshniallo
    Won't lie, clicked it mostly to hear the "I am the Doctor" theme which I knew would be in there.

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    My desktop computer is failing at the most basic of tasks this morning. I think it is crying out for some more memory and generally saying that I'm a meany for wanting it to do all these tasks. Which is probably true, but it's getting really irritating how slow it is sometimes.

BobCesca wrote: »
    My desktop computer is failing at the most basic of tasks this morning. I think it is crying out for some more memory and generally saying that I'm a meany for wanting it to do all these tasks. Which is probably true, but it's getting really irritating how slow it is sometimes.

RAM is like 2.99.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    So a vara-judge in the case against Breivik was declared... um, can't find an english word for that. Wierd. He had a conflict of interest due to having a son who was active in AUF. Anyway, that was not big news. Or really news at all. But it prompted them to also print this picture and jesus christ could you look more like an asshole?

iAHs3eAeUHtSmF96dQAcpAW8hn1YHzeD3WChB1sPBaJQ.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    @ Berlin, The Metro

YES

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

For some reason I read this and think of a computer going into bsod but instead of any sort of a memory error it just reads "Feed...me..." :P

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The guy has so much brain problems that you can even see it just by looking at his face.

PSN: Honkalot
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    MrMister, you know I'm not gonna let you down.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1

RAM is like 2.99.

To take it from its current 1GB to the maximum it can take, which is 4GB would probably cost me about £50-60, or about £25-30 to either double or triple it's current amount. It's probably worth the hassle and cost and somewhere on the massive list it's down to do, I just never get around to doing so.

Gonmun wrote: »

For some reason I read this and think of a computer going into bsod but instead of any sort of a memory error it just reads "Feed...me..." :P

It's not unheard of!

There is that ATM in American Psycho that requests the customer feeds it a cat!

-mDPA7nFyFaljyDG3ymYtg0_EEQFwDelo5EU0xsl2UOw.jpg

In other news, chechens are still fucking scary. At Dale asylum-seeker center (pictured above) 10 chechens are now arrested and charged with the murder of an iranian.

ftOqU21.png
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular

RAM is like 2.99.

To take it from its current 1GB to the maximum it can take, which is 4GB would probably cost me about £50-60, or about £25-30 to either double or triple it's current amount. It's probably worth the hassle and cost and somewhere on the massive list it's down to do, I just never get around to doing so.

What version of Windows are you using? Because I don't know much about computers, but I do know that Windows can use a GB or so just on its own. So any more RAM is a huge increase in the free RAM available, and makes a massive difference.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

It's not unheard of!

There is that ATM in American Psycho that requests the customer feeds it a penis!

FTFY :)

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    Abdhyius wrote: »

In other news, chechens are still fucking scary. At Dale asylum-seeker center (pictured above) 10 chechens are now arrested and charged with the murder of an iranian.

They also have BEAR or LION names such as Aslan which is even more scary. I imagine all chechens look like lumberjacks who have been lifting 20 tons of logs per day since they were 5.

It's not unheard of!

There is that ATM in American Psycho that requests the customer feeds it a penis!

FTFY :)

ohyou.jpg

They also have BEAR or LION names such as Aslan which is even more scary. I imagine all chechens look like lumberjacks who have been lifting 20 tons of logs per day since they were 5.

and when they were ten, they were sent into gulags and escaped and walked, on foot, from Siberia to here to stab people.

ftOqU21.png
    Also that building must not be a great thing to be sent to. Middle of nowhere, surrounded by tall imposing mountains, lies an imposing concrete block of a building.

It was a psychiatric hospital once, too.

ftOqU21.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Umm ok

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17474967
    Military service is mandatory for all Turkish men - they can only escape it if they are ill, disabled or homosexual. But proving homosexuality is a humiliating ordeal.

"They asked me if I liked football, whether I wore woman's clothes or used woman's perfume," he says.

''I had a few days' beard and I am a masculine guy - they told me I didn't look like a normal gay man.''

He was then asked to provide a picture of himself dressed as a woman.

Over the years, gay life has been becoming more visible in Turkey's big cities. Cafes and clubs with an openly gay clientele have been opening in Istanbul, and last summer's gay pride march - unique in the Muslim world - was the largest ever.

But while there are no specific laws against homosexuality in Turkey, openly gay men are not welcome in the army. At the same time, they have to "prove" their homosexuality in order to avoid military service.

He had gone prepared with explicit photographs of himself having sexual intercourse with another man, having heard that it would be impossible to get out of military service without them.

''The face must be visible,'' says Gokhan. ''And the photos must show you as the passive partner.''

So according to the Turkish Military, you are only gay if you cross dress and are a bottom what?

Apparently the formation of memory has been linked to a calcium fixing protein in the brain, with the notion being that the reinforcement of the cytoskeleton of nerves leads to memory permanence - I guess by "fixing" the synaptic connections.

Things like that make me wonder about how recoverable someone's personality might be from dead brain tissue. Like, even if the brain didn't work, if you had a high resolution image of the cellular structure...would you be able to reconstruct memories by looking at the sort of direction that the synapses must have had and things?

God we need higher resolution MRI.

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Also that building must not be a great thing to be sent to. Middle of nowhere, surrounded by tall imposing mountains, lies an imposing concrete block of a building.

It was a psychiatric hospital once, too.

Not gonna lie, it looks pretty survival horror.

Apparently the formation of memory has been linked to a calcium fixing protein in the brain, with the notion being that the reinforcement of the cytoskeleton of nerves leads to memory permanence - I guess by "fixing" the synaptic connections.

Things like that make me wonder about how recoverable someone's personality might be from dead brain tissue. Like, even if the brain didn't work, if you had a high resolution image of the cellular structure...would you be able to reconstruct memories by looking at the sort of direction that the synapses must have had and things?

God we need higher resolution MRI.

That is so cool!

poshniallo wrote: »

RAM is like 2.99.

What version of Windows are you using? Because I don't know much about computers, but I do know that Windows can use a GB or so just on its own. So any more RAM is a huge increase in the free RAM available, and makes a massive difference.

I is using a Mac.

Finally bought a 2GB card of the correct type and will hopefully make the desktop run a little faster by next weekend.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    hello

goodbye

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2012
    Breivik really looks like he's wandering around in his own little world.

He probably think he looks cool and in control with that smug little smile, but he just looks crazy.

Echo on
    Umm ok

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17474967
    Military service is mandatory for all Turkish men - they can only escape it if they are ill, disabled or homosexual. But proving homosexuality is a humiliating ordeal.

"They asked me if I liked football, whether I wore woman's clothes or used woman's perfume," he says.

''I had a few days' beard and I am a masculine guy - they told me I didn't look like a normal gay man.''

He was then asked to provide a picture of himself dressed as a woman.

Over the years, gay life has been becoming more visible in Turkey's big cities. Cafes and clubs with an openly gay clientele have been opening in Istanbul, and last summer's gay pride march - unique in the Muslim world - was the largest ever.

But while there are no specific laws against homosexuality in Turkey, openly gay men are not welcome in the army. At the same time, they have to "prove" their homosexuality in order to avoid military service.

He had gone prepared with explicit photographs of himself having sexual intercourse with another man, having heard that it would be impossible to get out of military service without them.

''The face must be visible,'' says Gokhan. ''And the photos must show you as the passive partner.''

So according to the Turkish Military, you are only gay if you cross dress and are a bottom what?

According to the turkish military, you're just another prick trying to dodge conscription. What're they going to do, make it easy on you?

Back when almost every man got conscription here, you could get out of it by being a pacifist but you had to prove it.

ftOqU21.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    to the works

å få sæ kveinn e fort gjort,
    på down town i ei rutatskjort
    på circus e'e chill me pils,
    å sitt å drikk på sæ ølbrilljs
    har du moves'n in,
    stekk å skaff dæ ett supakvinn
    bynne du å bli litt desp?
    klinings på metro me ei traktorlesp
    itj nå vits å fær på ricks,
    bare ugly minorchicks
    gira på 40+ som e litt laus,
    etter tolv, stikk innom raus
    føle du at du e nødt,
    ordne det sæ me ei gossip-slut

ftOqU21.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    DK made a 100 point move in words with friends. it's... straining our relationship.

Pretty impossible to prove that one is a pacifist.

Organichu wrote: »
    DK made a 100 point move in words with friends. it's... straining our relationship.

You should play against me, for I am terrible and you will win every time (it's true. I suck at scrabble-like games)

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    This put the strangest smile on my face:

http://i53.tinypic.com/1zgcbqw.gif

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

"Kill or be killed" might be a basic demonstration.

You should play against me, for I am terrible and you will win every time (it's true. I suck at scrabble-like games)

i am sryjohn

edited March 2012
    hey, someone who has more reverence for and knowledge of the voting process than do i

i live in pennsylvania

i'm registered as a libertarian

are my state primaries organized such that i can only vote in the primary of the party with which i'm registered?

i don't really identify as a libertarian anymore but today is the deadline to change it and i don't really feel like printing, signing, mailing etc an amended voter registration form

i mean, obama is gonna win the dem primary, romney the pub

AM I IRRESPONSIBLE FOR NOT TRYING TO VOTE IN ONE OF THE PRIMARIES?

i don't know

tell me things

Organichu on

"prove" in the legal sense, as in, make it seem reasonably likely.

It involved police interrogation asking you questions like if someone was killing your wife/little sister/mother/dog, would you do violence to them in order to stop them?

If yes, off to the arctic to sit by the soviet border and wait for World War III.

and if you had ever been in a fight that the police knew about, you're going.

ftOqU21.png
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    That's quite an... idiotic... definition of pacifism.

I figure I could take a bear.
    You take two people claiming they're pacifists. You give them both a gun, put them in a room. Tell them only one of you leaves.

Voila! You now have two less pacifists and one more soldier.

ftOqU21.png
    poshniallo wrote: »
    That's quite an... idiotic... definition of pacifism.

Nonviolence being an idiotic definition of pacifism?

It's the only one that's really pacifist. The others would just amount to "I don't like the military. I don't wanna."

ftOqU21.png
  • Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    hey, someone who has more reverence for and knowledge of the voting process than do i

i live in pennsylvania

are my state primaries organized such that i can only vote in the primary of the party with which i'm registered?

i don't really identify as a libertarian anymore but today is the deadline to change it and i don't really feel like printing, signing, mailing etc an amended voter registration form

i don't know

tell me things

If I were you, I would do anything to remove the stench of Ayn Rand from my body.

But that's just me.

yGxvf.png
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

i live in pennsylvania

i don't know

tell me things

If I were you, I would do anything to remove the stench of Ayn Rand from my body.

But that's just me.

You can do that by eating a delicious period cookie:

c28tm.jpg

Do it Chu. It's the only way.

This discussion has been closed.