As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Screenshots 9: Needs More Spiky Bits

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Wren wrote: »
    actually looks completely different now, but eh

CC1AA1C29A118C18678121AC22373E9FD95B77C2

Wow, that shot looks a lot better then mine. Got the settings cranked up some?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    For a second I thought that was X3, not STO.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Actually started playing STO after some ship shots in here. Since I'm still using the starting ship, the only thing I could offer back to this thread is an image of me reinacting the ship's most iconic moment in the fiction... blowing up. From hell's heart I stab at thee.

• Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    Focused on leveling a Berserker this time on Tera, and strangely enough fell in love with the class after lvl 20, despite not really liking it up until that point. I went from aiming for a Lancer main with a Priest alt to a Priest main and a Berserker alt at launch.

iixYfFeiG0i74.png

While I love the female Castanic Berserker animations, their definition of Plate is hilarious. :lol:

I'm fine with the slutty look for the Castanics at least, as it fits the race and both the males and females dress the same way, but that style looks immensely stupid when it's supposed to be Plate.

ibobiLSq8Qslqt.png

This is the real reason for the silly side-saddles. Drive-by decapitation! :winky:

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Wren wrote: »
    actually looks completely different now, but eh

CC1AA1C29A118C18678121AC22373E9FD95B77C2

Wow, that shot looks a lot better then mine. Got the settings cranked up some?

I think they're at max. not a whole lot rendered in space except sky boxes so it doesnt really hurt

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    So Guild Wars might be less detailed, blockier and foggy, but it compensates with displaying vistas you don't see in a lot other MMOs/games in general. We've all seen a dozen medieval villages, big forests, snowy peaks and lava fields in various games by now, but this North African theme (and not just Egyptian) is just refreshing:

CJ3Ju.jpg

I also started Eye of the North, so now I'll get my fill of snowy peaks again anyway.

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    barrens

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    halp allinse is rading xroads

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Is Mankrik's wife there?

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    barrens

OK yea, because it contains savannah animals and red clay.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    If you squint you can see a tauren hiding behind a tipi.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Chuck Norris is the reason why they call Texas the Lone Star State.

(I don't get that one)

Enosh20 on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Enosh20 wrote: »
    Chuck Norris is the reason why they call Texas the Lone Star State.

(I don't get that one)

He roundhouse kicked all the other stars.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    ChaosRedChaosRed Registered User regular
    Building some RP plots around Revan and the artifacts from the Infinite Empire...and got this screen, which I then used as background for the RP portal:

SevenGallery4.jpg

Some other random screens, collected during RP:

SevenGallery9.jpg
    SevenGallery10.jpg

And I make crappy "mock" comic covers to act as a poster, for the week's RP, and I then summarize what happened that week as an "issue" of that comic. Here's an example:

Seven2.jpg

dbf1147f15514b46.png
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Obligatory DS9 screenshot of my B'Rel Retrofit
    4D2B688135460078096350C9582723BA4BAD91B1

• Options
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Obligatory DS9 screenshot of my B'Rel Retrofit
    4D2B688135460078096350C9582723BA4BAD91B1

Looks nice. What's the Deflector you using there? Also, here's some more KDF pics courtesy of moi.

3R7WC.jpg

Nice picture of my Bortas in warp here, sporting both stuff from the Borg and Jem'Hedar sets. Below is one of the bizarre bugs with a certain type of lower garment.

OMsVO.jpg

Loincloths are always flapping forward like that in the game, even if someone's running or standing still. Like there's a perpetual fan under the owner's feet.

gDLU1.jpg

I don't know about you but I'm not sure I want machines in Sickbay fixed like this..

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Its the Honor Guard Mk XI
    Shields are Honor Guard Mk XII
    Engine is Mk XI

Weapons are all Prototype Salvage XII

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Gurrrrrammmmbaaaaaa!

81EE8DCA09447B7BA45DB955A2CBAB9866B20F55

6544BBA2D8AD922F344ED4F04623EAB611D42BB9

4DC98B329F19F8CFD5BBB3366BFC044AF58F1470

IcyLiquid on
  • Options
    just got my engineer to 50

6ADFC6B59316BB4B63BC140A3C974A2A5B60573D

tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    USS Fabulous?

• Options
    U.S.S. Whale Derrière

butt is forbidden

tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    naturalchaosnaturalchaos Registered User regular
    This is why captain's should never be allowed to name their own ships.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    My current ship is the USS Fat Cobra. It wanted me to call it the Montgomery. I feel like I won.

I did run into the USS Come At Me Bro last week though

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    I'll rocking the IKS Ski Instructor, and no I do not regret it.

• Options
    MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    Here's a few of my nicer STO shots.
    FA3977898DB2897E1E058F08B36B0626468BCDC3
    21ACDBCC74C5368C3D138AE1D45E1E5B63DBE69E
    451C643421D02FAAE1A86749A0397332EB5334A6
    BEE8D8F0B53F7BBD1B5F64AE20C5299503810FA0
    E02636A305B79DF5B8636DFD51CEEA38FBD0482A
    49B7308636D6690B6DCC80C37362C987247F85F8

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    First one is favorite, very nice :)

• Options
    OtakingOtaking Registered User regular
    PVE gear looks ok.

HEOmP.jpg

Cool Sith here.

Uc8li.jpg

Here is why I dumped a valor rank 75 Sin when I was the best assassin on the server. Friends don't let friends pick body type 3-4:

fh5Jj.jpg

WTF Bioware on the design of BM robe and robes in general on body type 3. The giant shoulders and pastel red and glowing green make me look like a mutant Santa or Elephant Janitor for Cirque Du Soleil. Joyeux NO...Hell. I should just grind Rakata but interest has been totally killed due to the body type.

• Options
    A shot of my new Science Officer, looking spiffy in one of the Jupiter-line uniforms. Forgot to give her the matching shoes with the free costume-chit, so I have to earn up some credits before I give them to her.

cLTJR.jpg

Also, you can give the starter ship a nice look if you put in some effort.

WsqiA.jpg
    gtkzV.jpg

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Your science officer is a crab people!

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Been fooling around with Tera this weekend.

tOxRR.jpg
    Lancer, aka the Tank class.

WtBOQ.jpg
    And the Priest. Does Priest stuff while showing as much leg as possible.

98PgV.jpg
    I'm on a horse.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    'Showing as much leg as possible' seems pretty tame compared to the gal in the first shot. :)

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Castanics just don't care. They've been fighting wars in bikini armour for ages. Even the men have to leave space in their armour to show Dem Abs.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2012
    That's nothing. She has on short shorts.

There are several outfits best described as slit up to the rib cage.

Or to do one better than that, slit DOWN to mid thigh.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    TERA's approach to proper apparel resulted in them having to change some textures because people felt they were trying to add sex appeal to what were, despite all silly made up lore protestations aside, barely teenage girls. Back home that was kosher I guess, but then I've seen anime that would have caused litigation if it was broadcast over here.

What I'm trying to say it's obvious when it comes to art style they just don't give a fuck. Tits and Ass, the MMO!
    I'm impressed they don't bother pretending nobody wants that, but also insulted they think the majority wants that. I wouldn't bet against them on that though.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Aside from an occasional spurt of irritation at clothing material that seems to hold itself up/on without support I can't bring myself to care. The game is that fun.

When ever you see some outfit that seems to deny physics, just think to yourself that it is actually glued on.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    I am pretty sure that Castanic females attach parts of their armor to the bony scars that they have.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    It does seem that way, doesn't it?

• Options
    It does seem that way, doesn't it?

Having looked very closely at all the different heavy armor models (since I am playing a F Castanic Berserker) that is the conclusion I came to. I mean, it sort of makes sense. There isn't any flesh or skin on them, they are just hard calcified bony scar material. At least that way, they have a use.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I find it interesting that she is riding side saddle
    But then I still think this is the way blood elf females should ride and not the current way of see how far I can spread!

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I find it interesting that she is riding side saddle
    But then I still think this is the way blood elf females should ride and not the current way of see how far I can spread!

All the females in the game, except Elin, ride side saddle.

Steam
This discussion has been closed.