As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Take My [Chat] Away!

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Man if someone was killing my dog I imagine my dog would take care of business while I stood nodding approvingly.

Papa did not raise no fool.

PSN: Honkalot
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Of course it's not so hard now, mostly because it's pretty easy to get out of military service if you don't want to.

I had a pacifist in my troop, actually. He was there because hey, don't knock what you haven't tried, right?

Then he found out that yup I'm pacifist and the military things - beside like, marching around and cleaning things and such - are not for me

so he talked to the captain and got to leave for civilian service - which was being removed, because it was a point back when p much everyone served that pacifists didn't get off way easier than everyone else, now it's pointless

there were 3 other people being "recruits" for civilian service. They told them that they could just... go home and be free, they weren't gonna do this thing anymore.

And he said nah, I was called to serve and serve I will, pacifist or not. My friends up north can't choose to just go home now.

So he became the last person in civilian service in Norway.

Loved that guy.

ftOqU21.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    elm is that the paper that was treating the cytoskeletal microtubules as effectively having 6-bit storage units using CaMKII?

the thing i wonder about that is how well things like the connections of each neuron to the next are preserved because it would be useless having an input output map but no idea which neurons were in that map

obF2Wuw.png
    Honk wrote: »
    Man if someone was killing my dog I imagine my dog would take care of business while I stood nodding approvingly.

It's pretty easy to kill dumb, trusting animals.

ftOqU21.png
    978x.jpg

The norwegian police uniform is kinda cool.

ftOqU21.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Aw hell naw
    Dog does not play around
    He will make with you like squishy toy, son

• Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    3 lbs lost in about two days. Yay.

yGxvf.png
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

I would have sex with that dude so hard

Aw hell naw
    Dog does not play around
    He will make with you like squishy toy, son

oh here doggy

come on doggy

treats! yeah, I have treats!

yeah that cyanide tastes real good

ftOqU21.png
    MrMister wrote: »

would you make him take off the cap

ftOqU21.png
    If anyone is like me and just get goose bumps from seeing talented people be really talented, this is worth looking closely at:
    http://www.behance.net/gallery/Black-Tower-Master-Thesis/3164206

It appears to be excerpts from an architecture master thesis, it is all so excellent I nearly passed out the first time I saw it.

Pffft, whatever dog cannot smell cyanide don't even deserve to live.

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »

would you make him take off the cap

NO

If anyone is like me and just get goose bumps from seeing talented people be really talented, this is worth looking closely at:

It appears to be excerpts from an architecture master thesis, it is all so excellent I nearly passed out the first time I saw it.

Okay, really cool

except I don't like the building's shape : /

ftOqU21.png

I don't get goose bumps from seeing talented people. I just feel awful about myself.

yGxvf.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

That is super cool. And a shitload of work just for a masters.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Is that police officer carrying an mp5

My goodness

Pffft, whatever dog cannot smell cyanide don't even deserve to live.

Okay, really cool

except I don't like the building's shape : /

I think the building itself is fine, but it's really the whole layout and how meticulous they've been that stands out to me. I would hire those people so hard.

You know, if I was in the business and shit. I didn't even get in to architecture school though. SAD FACE!

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

what?

it's a masters

you have years to do it.

ftOqU21.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Had to install a VPN client so that I can watch The Legend of Korra, I now have access to Pandora.

MISHUN COMPRETE!

Is that police officer carrying an mp5

My goodness

security for Brevik's case. And yes.

ftOqU21.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

what?

it's a masters

you have years to do it.

A masters is one year over here, but I was really referring to the overall quality of what he's put together.

what?

it's a masters

you have years to do it.

A masters is one year over here, but I was really referring to the overall quality of what he's put together.

It's two years here. And yeah, but like, he's an architect. This is what he does!

(It is really interesting though. If I felt like I had the artistic chops to do it I'd go for architect.)

ftOqU21.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2012
    Photo%20Mar%2026%2C%208%2029%2045%20AM.png

so i thought maybe my drawing wasn't good enough or evocative enough. i tried to draw a superbowl trophy.

that... that didn't go well.

Organichu on
    That's a good example of one of the many "Too American" Draw Something things. Generally there's at least one of the three options that I've just no idea about.

Somebody should localise it.

holy shit you are bad at drawing, chu

I mean, christ

ftOqU21.png

what?

it's a masters

you have years to do it.

It's two years here. And yeah, but like, he's an architect. This is what he does!

(It is really interesting though. If I felt like I had the artistic chops to do it I'd go for architect.)

I tried that in college. It's not really about art.

Or better said, it's art through math, so I hated it.

yGxvf.png
    Kinda wish I'd gone into architecture but that field is crazy competitive.

edited March 2012

it's not enough screen real estate! i need more pixels

what this app could really use would be a way to 'freeze' the drawing (maybe two fingertips on the screen) and let you pinch in or out

i'd love to be able to zoom to do more detailed work

Organichu on

what?

it's a masters

you have years to do it.

I wouldn't have any problem with that, considering I'm going for engineering.

The application process is a little daunting. Artistically speaking. I'm just like, I don't know! I can't do anything with this! I'm not an artist!

ftOqU21.png
    holy shit you are bad at drawing, chu

I mean, christ
    It's shockingly hard to draw clearly using your fingers on a phone screen.

Like, make something. "Grey" that's your guide

and then make a landscape out of folding an A4 paper

ftOqU21.png
    Organichu wrote: »

what this app could really use would be a way to 'freeze' the drawing (maybe two fingertips on the screen) and let you pinch in or out

no, more details are not what you need.

ftOqU21.png
    Organichu wrote: »

no, more details are not what you need.

they are exactly what i need shut up

building engineer just seems like I would be just exasperately explaining to architects how whatever they've drawn right here would be impossible to build, so no thanks

machine engineer

make mechanical shit

that seems nice

ftOqU21.png

what?

it's a masters

you have years to do it.

The application process is a little daunting. Artistically speaking. I'm just like, I don't know! I can't do anything with this! I'm not an artist!

Haha, I did perfectly well in all the artistic stuff in the application process. I did so shitty on anything that involved math or physics though. No idea how I managed to get in.

yGxvf.png
    Art through math. That sounds so wonderful.

what?

it's a masters

you have years to do it.

Haha, I did perfectly well in all the artistic stuff in the application process. I did so shitty on anything that involved math or physics though. No idea how I managed to get in.

there are engineers that know how to make buildings. Architects don't.

ftOqU21.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/nyc-schools-ban-on-dinosaurs-halloween-ncx-20120326
    ...they fear such topics "could evoke unpleasant emotions in the students."

Dinosaurs, for example, call to mind evolution, which might upset fundamentalists; birthdays are not celebrated by Jehovah's Witnesses; and Halloween suggests paganism.

919UOwT.png
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I dunno, these guys look a little fascist, but then 1980s riots were like that

rintoulst1small.jpg

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
This discussion has been closed.