As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] 2007: II

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    so former skins players are coming out about the bounty program under williams

are they going to get their first rounder taken away?

that would be amazing

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    Man, I knew I didn't like that fucking guy. Back when he was the coach of the Bills, I was like "Man something about this guy doesn't sit right with me"

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    so former skins players are coming out about the bounty program under williams

are they going to get their first rounder taken away?

that would be amazing

No, because the skins haven't commited high treason (lying to goodell ofc).

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Actually, technically, they could be accused of lying if the NFL does find enough evidence, because the NFL investigated them and closed their investigation recently with no such program having been founded.

• s7apsters7apster Registered User regular
    I just hope this situation doesn't touch the bills. Williams coached a few years before I became a fan, so I don't really remember him. Kinda shitty for the Rams though, too.

• Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    s7apster wrote: »
    I just hope this situation doesn't touch the bills.

Yeah, that'd be a little much, I agree. The Bills will go 5-11 on their own without Goodell bringing the hammer down on them too. :P

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Actually, technically, they could be accused of lying if the NFL does find enough evidence, because the NFL investigated them and closed their investigation recently with no such program having been founded.

Yea, but the people leading/in charge of that would have been... already indefinently suspended. No one to go after in Washington (aside from maybe a player or two).

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    For all football, comedy, and football comedy fans.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/tim-tebow-bonus-episode/

@Variable, @nexuscrawler

smCQ5WE.jpg
    I totally forgot they did Tebow stuff before.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/dudicle-2/

38:00

Chatter starts with Santorum, and then the sketch is about Tebowness.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    For all football, comedy, and football comedy fans.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/tim-tebow-bonus-episode/

@Variable, @nexuscrawler

hahaha, excellent thanks

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    This podcast is awesome.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    Yeah Bitch! Yeah Bitch!

Oh you are SKYROCKETING in the powerankings!

YEAH BITCH!

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Forget Manning. The Broncos now have their ultimate weapon: Caleb Hanie.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
    At noon, Jesus will have his presser.

via Newday's Bob Glauber, is New York Giants CEO and co-owner, John Mara. He was asked if New York was big enough for his Super Bowl champion Giants and TebowMania. His response:

"I don't know, but the David Carr press conference will be tomorrow, too."

Daaaaaamn.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • jeremywcjeremywc Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    At noon, Jesus will have his presser.
    via Newday's Bob Glauber, is New York Giants CEO and co-owner, John Mara. He was asked if New York was big enough for his Super Bowl champion Giants and TebowMania. His response:

"I don't know, but the David Carr press conference will be tomorrow, too."

Daaaaaamn.

BWA HA HA! As a Texans fan, I love the idea of this. :-P

It IS ridiculous though! A Press conference for a backup QB!

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Do the Jets and Giants play this year? I now want to see a Carr vs Tebow game.

they couldn't even have it in their normal press conference room!

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    Football Outsiders is bullish on the Jaguars? Well, probably less biased than me.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Do the Jets and Giants play this year? I now want to see a Carr vs Tebow game.

They play each other every year in the preseason, but the next regular season meeting is something like 4 years away since they just played this past year (one of the wins that helped get the Giants into the playoffs).

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    apparantly payton wants the big tuna to take over for the year

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    That is amazing. If a knew a Browns fan, I would show it to him or her and then offer a hug.

So we've signed two FBs when lots of teams are playing with zero.

Is

Is

Is BB going to be running an NFL Blitz offense?

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Larsen can play TE, and I think I remember played some linebacker for the Packers a few years back. BB does like those versatile guys - the next Mike Vrabel perhaps???

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Larsen can play TE, and I think I remember played some linebacker for the Packers a few years back. BB does like those versatile guys - the next Mike Vrabel perhaps???

I really can't wait to see what he's got up his sleeves

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    Jesus, lining up with two tight ends, two fullbacks who can catch, and just telling Lloyd to deep post?

Brady will get a bajillion in YAC.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »

I really can't wait to see what he's got up his sleeves

He could fit more up his sleeves if he stopped cutting them off halfway

belichick_sweatshirt.jpg

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Initial rules changes.
    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7747023
    All turnovers will be reviewed by the booth, too many men is a dead ball foul, and the new ot rules will be used in the regular season.

• DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Kind of interesting since the only example of the new playoff OT rule was moot.

I am glad that all turnovers are going to be reviewed from the booth, though if the refs blow the whistle early, we'll probably still continue to be fucked by bad calls.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    And the 49ers just signed Brandon Jacobs to a 1 year contract. He'd be like a 3rd stringer at best. Weird signing, but I guess no biggie if he doesn't pan out.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    And the 49ers just signed Brandon Jacobs to a 1 year contract. He'd be like a 3rd stringer at best. Weird signing, but I guess no biggie if he doesn't pan out.

Load relief from Gore? He's been played pretty hard over the years... I guess the 49ers have Hunter, but if they have the cap, why not? I dunno.

hahaha the revis/gronk thing is classic

revis calls bb a jerk, has a smug cocksucker grin on his face, as if what he said made him tough

while gronk just kinda sits there, squirming awkwardly, and you know he's thinking "oh crap, don't say something bill won't like, don't say something bill won't like you big dummy!"

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So my Internet was out most of the day and I went to an arena-league game, this being between the Milwaukee Mustangs and the Pittsburgh Power. You might be familiar with the Power, as they were that team that fired all the players at an Olive Garden a few weeks ago and are now using replacement players.

Needless to say, Milwaukee won. The final was 63-40, and it was never as close as the score indicated. Pittsburgh was never in it at all. More indicative was the 44-17 scoreline at the end of the 3rd.

Other notes:

*According to the program, the most experienced Mustang was in his fourth arena season. Four players were in their third, seven players were in their second (plus two more in injured reserve), and there were twelve rookies (plus four more on IR). Stats for Pittsburgh were unavailable.
    *The cheerleaders were hauled out for a full-fledged routine five minutes into the 1st quarter, as if there were some sort of TV timeout, which there couldn't possibly have been as the game wasn't televised, nor was it on radio.
    *Attendance was not announced, but it couldn't have been any more than 4,000. (NOTE: This happened to be Milwaukee's home opener.)
    *The cheerleaders were used again as the halftime show, and they were about half a second into their routine when they had to stop... because the song they were using cut out and, eventually... some other, much softer song came on. They were all stuck in position for something like an entire minute until they could cue up the intended song again.
    *The fans were repeatedly urged to Make Some Noise while Milwaukee's offense was on the field.
    *In the final play of the first half, Pittsburgh was making a play for the end zone... and the quarterback threw the ball away. Intentionally. It was 1st-and-goal on something like the 5.
    *Dragons were unleashed by everyone, all game long. Somehow, not a single interception was thrown the entire game, even though there should have been, like, eight or nine of them. More often, the QB was hitting things nowhere near his reciever. (Remember, this is replacement-level arena football. It's like a baseball beer league.)
    *Someone brought in a vuvuzela. He was not at any point threatened with murder.
    *Milwaukee wanted $115 for front-row seats. For replacement-level arena football.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    love it

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7755629
    Payton to appeal suspension, in part so he can get another meeting with goodell, because talking to him on the phone is so hard. Appeals like this bother me because they are blatantly working on the assumption that if you appeal you get a reduced sentence. I would much rather leagues give out reduced punishments at the outset and make appeals actually mean something as opposed to this farce.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Very Tron like. Neat. Still won't help them take the division from the Niners though. :D

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Woah.

Is Nike now the official ... uniformer of the NFL? No more Reebok?

I don't get the point of the 3rd jersey being so similar to the away jersey, wish they would have gone with something more nostalgic to it instead of the grey.

This discussion has been closed.