As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Take My [Chat] Away!

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I need to figure out this tumblr thing. I don't like the editing set up.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    What I love, DK, is that originally it was just a post disparaging my ability to complete tasks.

But then after you posted you stopped and thought "You know what, I could make money off this."

That is almost exactly what happened in my head.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    So I have finally given in to Demurist's pestering

We are making a webcomic about video games

It will totally be better than all the other webcomics about video games, though, I swear

Four strips.

Pages, actually, it will be vaguely more comicbook like.

And also, you are shooting a little high there.

I'm thinking three and a half.

Last time I was convinced that I was going to do this I got about 2 panels done before I realized how crippling my inability to draw would be to the endeavor.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    spool32 wrote: »
    Tilapia fillet is lovely. Only a really nice cod or a true red snapper can rival it for flavor.

People who think tilapia is only for the poors probably also turn their noses up at tap water.

Salmon! Wild Alaskan Salmon!

Edit: Also, a lot of tap water sucks, like drinking out of a sulfurous chlorine pool. No need for bottles though. An active carbon filter usually works well enough.

Donkey Kong on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Isn't tilapia yuppie fad fish. I had never even heard of it until a year or two ago.

it's environmentally sustainable (which appeals to some yuppies i guess) but it's one of the cheapest fish around. i'm poor and uncool and it's p much the only fish i buy.

Maybe that's what happened. It's always existed for the poor people but then yuppies found out about it and now it's everywhere.

You can raise them in foul, muddy water in hot climates. Basically everywhere poor people live, they thrive. No need to fish the freezing north Atlantic with a ship the size of Rhode Island... you can raise them in a ditch and they taste lovely.

spool32 on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    So the second press beta (plus the first closed public beta) ended and the NDA was lifted on the press (not the public). TotalBiscuit uploaded this neat video of the thief and dynamic events:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8-9VEvAmFg

Recently the comparison to MOBA type games has been used more often, where the skills are less about doing a rotation and hitting them when they get off cooldown and more about using skills according to the situation you're in. If that pans out then that ought to be pretty fun.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    whoa, dow is going bonkers. my portfolio is up like 2% for the day.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i finally found someone as bad at this game as me

Photo%20Mar%2026%2C%2010%2020%2008%20AM.png

I hate this game you guys are playing!

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    So I have finally given in to Demurist's pestering

We are making a webcomic about video games

It will totally be better than all the other webcomics about video games, though, I swear

Four strips.

Pages, actually, it will be vaguely more comicbook like.

And also, you are shooting a little high there.

I'm thinking three and a half.

Last time I was convinced that I was going to do this I got about 2 panels done before I realized how crippling my inability to draw would be to the endeavor.

It's okay because I'm completely ignorant of my inability to draw.

It's Tim Tebow

I know that MOBA means shitty games like LoL and DotA. But as an acronym, I can never remember what it's supposed to mean.

I know the M and O are multiplayer online. Butt access? That must be it. Multiplayer online butt access.

Tilapia fillet is lovely. Only a really nice cod or a true red snapper can rival it for flavor.

People who think tilapia is only for the poors probably also turn their noses up at tap water.

Salmon! Wild Alaskan Salmon!

Edit: Also, a lot of tap water sucks, like drinking out of a sulfurous chlorine pool. No need for bottles though. An active carbon filter usually works well enough.

Yeah, I was thinking whitefish though. Salmon or tuna is in a different class IMHO.

I know that MOBA means shitty games like LoL and DotA. But as an acronym, I can never remember what it's supposed to mean.

I know the M and O are multiplayer online. Butt access? That must be it. Multiplayer online butt access.

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

I'm not entirely sure how this game works but I'm about 90% sure I know what that drawing is:
    Tim Tebow

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena

Which is officially the most generic name for an online game genre imaginable.

i am so happy smoking is now outdoors only like, everywhere in america. it's bizarre to think how recently it was that people smoked fucking EVERYWHERE. ugh.

Temple has designated smoking areas for people when they're outside, but the smokers ignore that and smoke by entrances and around food areas.

I'm beginning to think smokers need sheds.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I was pretty pissed with the gf/fiancee for playing that drawing game during much of our date day. shoulda slapped that smart phone out of her hands.

I think Berkeley has banned outdoor smoking too?

It's going a bit far at this point.

see i saw the cross and thought tim tebow, also

but there's only one t!

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    my "Tebowing" drawing was way better

I like Multiplayer Online Butt Access. This is how I shall remember it.

oh! 'tebowing'

DAMN YOU, DRAW SOMETHING

YOU THINK YOU'RE CLEVER?

TEBOWING IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, GRETCHEN

edited March 2012
    Hopefully Guild Wars 2 doesn't attract MOBA players.

I will commit honorable Nipponese seppuku.

Sarksus on
    Chu, is it GUMPTION?

Mim wrote: »
    i am so happy smoking is now outdoors only like, everywhere in america. it's bizarre to think how recently it was that people smoked fucking EVERYWHERE. ugh.

Temple has designated smoking areas for people when they're outside, but the smokers ignore that and smoke by entrances and around food areas.

My main problem when I was a smoker was finding some place out of the way that had an ash tray. I didn't want to smoke near entrances but for some reason the only place you could find an ash tray on campus was next to entrances.

Like, 2 years later I eventually found an alley behind the theater building with an ash tray that was somewhat convenient and I just smoked there, but it it looked really shady.

twitch.tv/tehsloth

i'm sorry i know that some smokers probably post here

but this is one area where my former-libertarianism can kiss my ass

and my democratic pro civil rights thing

i don't care about your freedom, smokers

you ruin nice spring days

i walk next to you or behind you or even pass you while you're smoking and my eyes water, i cough, it stinks

it's fucking awful

i'm not saying flatly 'ban cigarettes', and i understand they're crazy-addictive and you probably want to quit also, and i am not a jerk to smokers in person

but i just can't summon any sympathy for smokers having to stand further away or whatever

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

Cincinnati is a border city, so I do a lot of my socializing in what is technically KY.

You can smoke in bars and restaurants there. It is disgusting.

I, a former moba mogul, am interested in gw2

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »

My main problem when I was a smoker was finding some place out of the way that had an ash tray. I didn't want to smoke near entrances but for some reason the only place you could find an ash tray on campus was next to entrances.

Like, 2 years later I eventually found an alley behind the theater building with an ash tray that was somewhat convenient and I just smoked there, but it it looked really shady.

yeah, placing ash trays by entrances is a little annoying. I don't like blowing smoke in people's faces!

Bus stops have the trash can on the outside and I will stand outside of it if I'm smoking, even if it's raining. It's called courtesy!

ftOqU21.png
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

gtfo

My company fires anyone who is a habitual smoker, even if you don't smoke at work at all.

I uh... I don't really care.

(First they came for the... etc)

i'm sorry i know that some smokers probably post here

but this is one area where my former-libertarianism can kiss my ass

and my democratic pro civil rights thing

i don't care about your freedom, smokers

you ruin nice spring days

i walk next to you or behind you or even pass you while you're smoking and my eyes water, i cough, it stinks

it's fucking awful

i'm not saying flatly 'ban cigarettes', and i understand they're crazy-addictive and you probably want to quit also, and i am not a jerk to smokers in person

but i just can't summon any sympathy for smokers having to stand further away or whatever

banning outdoor smoking isn't "stand a little further away"

it's "hey let's just make smokers not give a shit about it because it's silly"

find somewhere not bothered by through-traffic, but close enough that people will bother to use it

place an ashtray and a bench, maybe a roof if this is a place where it rains

voila smokers stop annoying people.

ftOqU21.png
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

gtfo

fight me, chumpfrony

Sympathy is irrelevant. It's about the best way to get to the goal of not having smokers annoy other people.

ftOqU21.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Our strategy for getting people to quit smoking at work is to openly mock the fact that they need a "smoke break" every hour or so, and heavily implying that they are weaker and inferior because of this.

It's actually alarmingly effective.

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I was either going to say Tebowing or throwing a hail mary. *shrugs*

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    My company fires anyone who is a habitual smoker, even if you don't smoke at work at all.

I uh... I don't really care.

(First they came for the... etc)

I'm going to go over there and start firing fat people.

ftOqU21.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Sympathy is irrelevant. It's about the best way to get to the goal of not having smokers annoy other people.

i am talking about people who just smoke while walking down the street

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    chu

dexter cute < alex cute

This discussion has been closed.