As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Panda-Monium![SE++ WoW]

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    BM hasn't been good endgame since vanilla

Which is sad, because I love BM

BM all over me

I think you mean BC

#showtooltip Auto Shot
    /cast !Auto Shot
    /cast [target=pettarget, exists] Kill command
    /cast Steady Shot
    /script UIErrorFrame:Clear()

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I hope later today we can get a blue post or two about the stuff that has been happening in Beta. I Need To Know if Tanklocks are going to be a real thing.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    What's a "tanklock"? I don't like the sound of that.

• Options
    BaronSamediBaronSamedi Same dude as yesterday. The AlamoRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGgi341JXQo

looks like it may be something that Blizz may allow in MoP. I hope it's "working as intended" and not an "oh shit, better fix that quick."

"Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit, and your shit is stuff?"--George Carlin
  • Options
    Oh, tanking warlock. I thought it was a raid mechanic where the tank gets locked and everyone has to do without him for a while.

• Options
    I don't see it happening. Remember when shamans were supposed to be able to tank?

Just gonna be plate-wearers and druids, MAYBE monks. I don't see a clothy being able to do that.

• Options
    BaronSamediBaronSamedi Same dude as yesterday. The AlamoRegistered User regular
    I don't either. But dammit godmode, let me dream.

Disappointment feeds my ability to play the emo-dressup doll that is the warlock.

"Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit, and your shit is stuff?"--George Carlin
  • Options
    Sorry :P

Though, it would be pretty cool if they gave Locks more utility.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I think they're toying with the idea. The form is a stance and it has the whole "armor increase and crit immunity" so yeh you might have warlock tanks.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »
    BM hasn't been good endgame since vanilla

Which is sad, because I love BM

BM all over me

I think you mean BC

#showtooltip Auto Shot
    /cast !Auto Shot
    /cast [target=pettarget, exists] Kill command
    /cast Steady Shot
    /script UIErrorFrame:Clear()

And the Scorpid Poison bug on Scorpid pets. You would pop all your cooldowns and BW and send in the little bugger. The DOT stayed high as long as it was constantly refreshed.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I think they're toying with the idea. The form is a stance and it has the whole "armor increase and crit immunity" so yeh you might have warlock tanks.

Wouldn't be the first time beta and release had different design intentions, sure. Not like Warlocks have never been caster tanks for certain raid bosses before.

I don't see why Metamorphosis wouldn't just be a shapeshift (like bears) if that's the design intent though. A tank misusing their resources and popping out as a cloth caster seems like a pretty hardcore punishment.

• Options
    Yeh I haven't tried it myself but I think it stays as a form now and the resource is like rage or whatever and you don't pop out.

I'll give it a shot later on.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Supposedly there's a glyph that makes it permanent and gives you like 500% more threat.

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    yeah the glyph also turns soulshatter into a taunt instead of a thread dump

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    End wrote: »
    this is downright delightful

• Options
    edited March 2012
    End wrote: »

I wonder how many official forum threads get dumped every time a Warlock Soulshatters.

Yukira on
  • Options
    so many

the power of a typo can not be denied

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Warlocks constantly shit on every thread

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Zay is a warlock (in addition to hitler)

End on
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »
    Warlocks constantly shit on every thread

it is their sacred and terrible duty

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    warlock tanks are A Thing now

im not sure if eventually they will be able to raid tank but right now they are more than capable of tanking heroics

im concerned about how ridiculous lock tanks will be in pvp considering they have full access to all their cc/utility still

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

im not sure if eventually they will be able to raid tank but right now they are more than capable of tanking heroics

im concerned about how ridiculous lock tanks will be in pvp considering they have full access to all their cc/utility still

My friends and I are already planning on having a Warlock Tank for our Raid Team. I haven't seen anything that would make them not capable of Tanking raids. They won't be able to Dodge or Parry, but their damage mitigation will be astronomical, so they will take very consistent damage. The tough part will be whether or not they will have as much Stamina on their gear as the other Tanks will be getting on their Tank gear.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So the client is downloading while I am in class and Blankus the Blood Elf Prot Warrior is chilling in Orgrimmar

gonna do dis

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Buddies wrote: »

My friends and I are already planning on having a Warlock Tank for our Raid Team. I haven't seen anything that would make them not capable of Tanking raids. They won't be able to Dodge or Parry, but their damage mitigation will be astronomical, so they will take very consistent damage. The tough part will be whether or not they will have as much Stamina on their gear as the other Tanks will be getting on their Tank gear.

they'll probably have bear like talents to solve this problem.

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Why are monks "maybe" tanks? Don't they have a tank tree.

• Options
    Weren't Death Knights "maybe" tanks until people got used to them?

• Options
    Death Knight tanking is fun

hth????

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    monks will be primarily evasion tanks with poor actual mitigation

see: stagger, elusive ale (a 50% dodge buff with 45 sec duration and 45 sec cd)

• Options
    Zay wrote: »
    Death Knight tanking is fun

hth????

At the beginning of Wrath, Death Knights were an unknown and avoidance based. It didn't help that there wasn't a defined tanking tree.

• Options
    Well I just wanted everyone to know that current DK tanking is fun

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I'm still baffled as to why Enhancement has tanking tools and isn't at least getting a semi-viable talking setup.

I've had a taunt and a threat-boosting weapon enchant for all of Cataclysm so far and nothing to show for it.

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Buddies wrote: »

they'll probably have bear like talents to solve this problem.

Well apparently Warlock tanks are OP as hell right now in the beta. Cause here is a level 85 Warlock Tank soloing Morchok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nwk9Nccy0A

In other news, I got into a PuG DS Raid on Sunday. Arms'd it up for most of the fights and off-tanked Ultraxxion and Blackhorn. Went smooth, was a pleasant experience for my first PuG raid on Cho'gall. I did however message someone on my Priest to heal a 10DS, and they declined me because the only gear my priest can use comes out of DS Normal modes. Good times, gotta have the gear out of a dungeon to run the dungeon, despite it being nerfed by 10%.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1akMJV-RuI0
    Void Tendrils (Talented Spell, Tier 1)
    Instant cast. 30 Second Cooldown
    Summons shadowy tendrils out of the ground, rooting all targets within 8 yards for 20 seconds. Killing the tendril will cancel the effect.

The amount of mobility Priests are getting plus this aoe snare has me excited to PvP again.

• Options
    monks will be primarily evasion tanks with poor actual mitigation

see: stagger, elusive ale (a 50% dodge buff with 45 sec duration and 45 sec cd)

the second "half" of the damage that gets shuffled by stagger is mitigated quite a bit though and that goes up with mastery!

• Options
    kTi20.jpg

ok thats sold mop for me

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    kTi20.jpg

ok thats sold mop for me

welp

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I kinda miss having two tanking specs for DK. Blood for the self healing and frost for the Armor and avoidance.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Oh, my, god.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Half of me wishes frost was the tank spec, but the other half is glad blood is.

Self healing abilities are cool

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Despite myself I am getting a little hyped for MoP

Not as much as Cataclysm but it is lookin' neat

I might do the annual thing for free Diablo

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.