As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Pyromania Update Day 3! MEET THE PYRO RELEASED! Do you believe in magic?

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Dispatch from the Department of Bad Ideas:

The Pyrofucker

Rocket launcher for the soldier. It has just one change from the stock rocket launcher: its projectile's speed is repeatedly randomized in-flight, both faster and slower than usual.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    I am going to make some grilled cheese sandwiches and then I am going to eat them and then I am going to get on server and try to maybe get people on it? I anticipate this will be in 20-25 minutes.

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Trying to fill up HonC now but since it's passworded there won't be any pubs showing up so it may never get very full. Going to stick around for a bit anyway.

honc2.jpg

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    TETSUO!

KANEDA!!!

Haven't been actually playing much, but I happened to glance at the WH. Holy merciful shit, the strange festives have been exploding over the past few weeks. I've got a medigun and minigun, and am seriously pondering trading one in to get an earbuds. If I build up some metal I could do it with my current credits and the latter, but it'd be a stretch, however the medigun is like my favourite item, so I doubt that's going anywhere.

Like, the medigun is practically worth a bottom end (non-gifted) unusual at this point. wtf?
    I traded like 4 months worth of drops for the strange festive minigun back when it first came out.....and then never played TF2 since :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Oh man I can't wait for us to be able to release b8 of stoneyridge. There are so many changes in this version. It's a pretty huge step for us.

Granted a lot of those changes are "under the hood" but there will definitely be some noticeable differences. Xzzy has tweaked the lighting a ton and we are revamping a good chunk of the side room with the death pit balcony ledge. The whole map should run smoother on everyone's machines, as well. I'm really excited to release it into the wild.

B7 has actually been doing really well (especially on that japanese server for some reason,) and we're getting pretty amped for the future of the map.

• Options
    Stoneyridge is going to be tested on the TF2Maps server shortly. Join on me.

• Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Well, TF2Maps had some cool maps. But Stoney Ridge was the coolest, because it had pro clipping.

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Man, I'm wondering how it's going to take off once Crash makes a thread for it on the SPUF.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Once we get a little further along we'll make the rounds on all the big sites. We're not doing too bad for only releasing here and TF2Maps.

• Options
    I like how the "featured map" on TF2Stats is a achievement map.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    could someone explain maps like achievement_idle to me

it's one of the most popular maps on the EU servers

• Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    could someone explain maps like achievement_idle to me

it's one of the most popular maps on the EU servers

People don't know about text mode idling, so they hop into an idle server to get their weekly drops.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Shenanigans: Deployed.

Testing to see if they actually work...

EDIT: looks like they are. Sorta. Hint.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Randomizer mod is good times.

Hey You posted some screenshots of the upcoming changes in the b8 version of stoneyridge on TF2Maps. Tons of progress made so far.

Let us know what you think.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    Mother. Fuckin. Epiphany.

Randomizer mod.

Trainsawlaser.

Yeeeah.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Randomizer Mod + Prophunt = ???

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    I want that backpack.

p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    I want that backpack.

Well you can't have it. Think of everyone else.

• Options
    I could see that fitting your style, flips. I've always been more of a scope in and wander around kind of person though. It pretty much stops you dead in your tracks.

Spun up brass beast heavies are blowing by you.

• Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    I used to be all quickscopes, all the time. I've gotten a little lazy since, though, and I know my play has suffered a bit because of it. Not as fast as I used to be.

Perhaps this item would keep me on my toes =)

p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    You also used to play this game.

:|

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    I could see that fitting your style, flips. I've always been more of a scope in and wander around kind of person though. It pretty much stops you dead in your tracks.

Spun up brass beast heavies are blowing by you.
    According to the wiki entry, it's bugged for the rifles:
    While intended to reduce move speed by 60% when scoping with a rifle, move speed is actually multiplied by 6% (reduced by 94%) when scoped. The Huntsman speed decrease works as intended.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    Ahah! I said in game the other day that I wondered if was bugged because it seemed more than 60%

Vindication! Maybe it won't be completely useless to me when they finally fix it.

• Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    Randomizer mod is good times.

Hey You posted some screenshots of the upcoming changes in the b8 version of stoneyridge on TF2Maps. Tons of progress made so far.

Let us know what you think.

Did you....did you add new geometry to the final point...................................................
    I'm going to kill you
    slowly

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    It was all Hey You!

Also, was that part going to be part of the explosion? We haven't touched the tower itself, just that little ledge... that is kind of part of the tower.

I...

I'm sorry, Boots.

• Options
    Yeah, Hey You went goddamn nuts on this latest release.

In a good way.

Unless you're littleboots.

• Options
    Absolutely batshit.

In a good way.

• Options
    I secretly believe he saw those FPS improvements I was talking about, did a little dance around his house, and promptly added even MORE triangles with even MORE details.. putting us right back where we were. :rotate:

(though I think as long as we avoid adding props, we'll still come out ahead)

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    You guys probably already heard this, but there was an interview from GDC posted at gametrailers yesterday where some Valve guys mention that "Meet the Pyro" is done and will be released 'soon'
    http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/603?ch=3

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    FUCKING. FINALLY.

I hope they add the new game mode with it, as well as some new weapons.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    xzzy wrote: »
    I secretly believe he saw those FPS improvements I was talking about, did a little dance around his house, and promptly added even MORE triangles with even MORE details.. putting us right back where we were. :rotate:

(though I think as long as we avoid adding props, we'll still come out ahead)

I totally added a handful of props in that detail area I made next to the balcony. But the fades are really short because of where it is, so that should help.

Also, awesome about Meet the Pyro, can't wait to see what they tie along with it. Maps. I require maps.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Oh, hey, they are still working on the Puzzle Maker.

And HUDDA!

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I still want to know how the hell that's even going to work.

I mean, I kind of get how they could piece it together, but, knowing all the quirks of hammer, I have a hard time imagining that being an easy task to put together for someone not-in-the-know to use.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I still want to know how the hell that's even going to work.

I mean, I kind of get how they could piece it together, but, knowing all the quirks of hammer, I have a hard time imagining that being an easy task to put together for someone not-in-the-know to use.

I can only hope that all this radio silence on what the hell Valve's doing (besides not working on Episode 3) indicates a lot of work put into making something that's actually usable. Like, an application that acts as a game-specific layer over top of Hammer, then renders out to the normal map file format. Yeah it'd be a hell of a thing, but they're professional game developers. That's the kind of thing they do.

EDIT: I'd imagine they'd accomplish this by heavily straightjacketing you on what you can accomplish with the tool. The thing is, the internal logic of the game already does this to an extent. Yes, if you had a tool that just rendered out pre-fabs, you wouldn't be able to make your bomb cart ride straight up a wall, or make your train shoot lasers, trigger a catpocalypse, or put metal textures on everything. The thing is, the average map maker doesn't need to do that. People think in terms of wood walls, not a series of brushes with wood textures.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    I did bad thing?

I don't think changed anything to the final structure. I did add an extra beam though looking at that screen and changed the structure behind the point. The extra beam can be removed if it is an issue.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I hope Meet the Pyro's a musical.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    puzzle maker?

not familiar with that either

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Antimatter wrote: »
    puzzle maker?

not familiar with that either

It's basically a thing they're making for Portal 2 so people can make new test chambers for it without having to deal with the shittiness that is Hammer.

See: This blog post.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
This discussion has been closed.