As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Glory and approbation to Diablo 3 Thread (evil is back 05.15.12)

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i mean its so fucking painfully obvious that leah is the new host for diablo

see: we know that the new diablo model is female, and she is the daughter of the original dark wanderer

then you have kerrigan and now jaina proudmoore i guess??

it is dumb

I agree with beasteh ugh now I gotta go drown myself

We still don't know all the details though, so it could still end up being good. I mean, this is all supposition. It's a pretty likely true theory yeah, but it's unfair to determine whether or not an entire narrative idea will be any good based off a single image.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular

see: we know that the new diablo model is female, and she is the daughter of the original dark wanderer

it is dumb

We still don't know all the details though, so it could still end up being good. I mean, this is all supposition. It's a pretty likely true theory yeah, but it's unfair to determine whether or not an entire narrative idea will be any good based off a single image.

My opinion here. Gonna wait and see how the story plays out before passing judgement.

Also what's this malarkey about Jaina Proudmoore?

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    new novel coming out where she goes all grimdark

• NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular

She just mad cuz now that Thrall's got a baby on the way he's all "Monogamy Ho!" and won't give her none on the sly.

brDe918.jpg

... Glad I quit WoW when I did.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    There's def. more to the story than we know. Some stuff might be painfully obvious, but with Act 4 and the inevitable expansion(s) there's plenty of mystery.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    WoW lore has almost always been garbage. The only good writing in that game is with individual questlines that have little to nothing to do with the overarching story. I'm still hopeful for Diablo 3 though.

2 things from fucking around on beta levelling a lock that i never saw before

-in silverpine there is a quest where you go to another dimension briefly

you fight witchaloks who summon wolfoids

-welcome to the machine, my favourite quest of all time

this is from the perspective of someone who was hardcore alliance for 6 years

edited March 2012
    WoW lore has almost always been garbage. The only good writing in that game is with individual questlines that have little to nothing to do with the overarching story. I'm still hopeful for Diablo 3 though.

I was more invested in it when I was younger and thought the huge backstory in Warcraft II was the coolest thing ever. The older I got and the longer I played WoW however, the more the lore seemed to be rather silly.

Can't wait to see what they do in the story for Diablo III and Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm though, super stoked for those.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
    oh wait this isnt the wow thread

Yeah there is some really great stuff in the pre 60 new cataclysm zones. It all goes to shit when they actually start dealing with deathwing post 80 though. The final cataclysm cutscene is an embarrassment.

• WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    yeah why can't blizzards idea of a story be a guy getting corrupted for once

he said sarcastically, shaking his fist at beasteh's posterior

4SMZq.jpg
    my posterior thanks you for your patronage

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    my posterior thanks you for your patronage

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

I hate that WoW lore has pretty much stopped the Warcraft RTS storyline

Rolo wrote: »

I hate that WoW lore has pretty much stopped the Warcraft RTS storyline

Yeah. I'm hoping they release an RTS in the future that follows all the post WoTLK lich king stuff, which is actually kind of interesting, but they've pretty much ruined or killed off all the interesting characters from previous Warcrafts.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

it is dumb

act 3+4 spoilers:
    at the end of act 3 your character becomes the host for diablo, act 4 the gameplay shifts to a dungeon keeper clone.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    YOU MUST BUILD A TREASURE ROOM TO STORE GOLD

IT IS PAYDAY

THE LORD OF THE LAND APPROACHES

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular

it is dumb

drown ross first.
    8-)

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

it is dumb

act 3+4 spoilers:
    at the end of act 3 your character becomes the host for diablo, act 4 the gameplay shifts to a dungeon keeper clone.

Don't toy with my emotions like that, man...

dont drown a me

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    don't you mean "glub glub glub"

BahamutZERO.gif
    gurgle

WRONG the new diablo is obviously

l87kh.jpg

deckard cain

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    yo i may be dumb but how do i identify items? i've got this rare bardiche that i can't tell what it is

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Right click the item to identify it

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    oh. does anyone wanna start a hardcore character w/ me?

Yeah sure

sirtoons.png
    it has become too late in the evening, unfortunately

another night?

add me y'all i'm projeck.1969

edited March 2012
    Yeah, although it'll be easier to organize it here since I'm hardly ever in game unless there's a big patch/somethin new goin down.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
    coolio

i leveled up a witch doctor now i am bored

• BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    I love this game... that is all.

• BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    No that is not all. Just found out the Den of the Fallen can drop rings, and highish ilvl items. Well, looks like I'm going to just have to keep making games looking for Den of the Fallen in my games.

• DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    So after watching the recent Yogscast on Diablo 3 I've got a big boner for this game again. Are they still sending out betas, or are they going to open it up for everyone as a demo soon?

I need a taste.

blizzard usually does an open beta for a few weeks before a major launch to get server stuff worked out and do stress testing

not sure if that's the plan with d3 though

This discussion has been closed.