As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Trading Cards 2012 (You can mail your cards again)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    pureval wrote: »
    I'm going to be working on the 2012 checklist over the next week. In the meantime, you can get excited about last year's checklist! Many of these people will be at PAX again, and I have a lot of cards from past years that will be brought to the meet-ups.

2010/2011 Checklist

Please let me know if any cards are missing from this list, or if a card was never completed.

Not sure if it was ever released to the public or not, but in 2011 card number ??? was Ninja Delivery Service for the prank.

Heh, yeah I was handing them out like a fiend and I still have a ton left I can bring this year.

• PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    pureval wrote: »
    I'm going to be working on the 2012 checklist over the next week. In the meantime, you can get excited about last year's checklist! Many of these people will be at PAX again, and I have a lot of cards from past years that will be brought to the meet-ups.

2010/2011 Checklist

Please let me know if any cards are missing from this list, or if a card was never completed.

Not sure if it was ever released to the public or not, but in 2011 card number ??? was Ninja Delivery Service for the prank.

Good catch. Added to the list.

• ransimransim Registered User regular
    Got the shipment tracking for the Cookie Brigade cards, I'll have them next Wednesday!

• XirycXiryc Middleburg Hts, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Looks like mine just arrived. Thanks Magpie Maydin!
    th_PAXCard.jpg

Xiryc on
  • imavapor96imavapor96 Registered User regular
    Is there a tumblr badge? Are all the badges posted somewhere on here? I've seen a few scattered ones but haven't found them all yet.

• Magpie MaydinMagpie Maydin Magpie Maydin RuneterraRegistered User regular
    Xiryc wrote: »
    Looks like mine just arrived. Thanks Magpie Maydin!
    th_PAXCard.jpg

Niiiice I can't really see from this photo but how does my "signature" come out?

• XirycXiryc Middleburg Hts, OHRegistered User regular

Niiiice I can't really see from this photo but how does my "signature" come out?

It blends in with the background at a distance, but I noticed it as soon as I was holding it.

Also, I ordered 100 and got around 250. <3 Jakprints

imavapor96 wrote: »
    Is there a tumblr badge? Are all the badges posted somewhere on here? I've seen a few scattered ones but haven't found them all yet.

There is not an official tumblr badge, though you are welcome to place anything you like on the card. Each badge is a 100 x 100 transparent PNG file.

• testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    My cards exist! Held in trust 'til I get to PAX... Thanks again @The_Doctor1
    paxcard2012.jpg

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • rascalrascal Registered User regular
    testsubject23: awesome card! -- and how ingenious that you camouflaged your Battle Mech as a hirsute humanoid.

• EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    Hi PeasantDave, can I get #501? Thanks!

TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24
    EQV wrote: »
    Hi PeasantDave, can I get #501? Thanks!

#501 is yours!

• DreadPirateAmyDreadPirateAmy Registered User regular
    So I got my cards today from 48hourprint.com. They're pretty good. They're cut a little unevenly, which wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the black border. I'm voting next year for the red border, whatever it winds up being, to go all the way through the bleed. That way slightly off cutting won't be such a big deal. The print quality is good, darks are a little less dark than I might like. I'm also an artist, so I might be a little overcritical. If you still want in this year, they should be able to accommodate you, and you'll have a good product at the end. For reference, I placed the order on Monday (after 5) and they were delivered today.

• feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    So I got my cards today from 48hourprint.com. They're pretty good. They're cut a little unevenly, which wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the black border. I'm voting next year for the red border, whatever it winds up being, to go all the way through the bleed. That way slightly off cutting won't be such a big deal. The print quality is good, darks are a little less dark than I might like. I'm also an artist, so I might be a little overcritical. If you still want in this year, they should be able to accommodate you, and you'll have a good product at the end. For reference, I placed the order on Monday (after 5) and they were delivered today.

The thing is, we've used JakPrints in the past for this, and it seems like there have never been any complaints with quality. Plus they like us and give us a decent discount for the cards. If you were worried about turnaround, you could have paid for a rush order and it would have been great. I got mine today (with normal turnaround) and I ordered them on Friday of last week.

• EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Put my order in earlier tonight. They're going to be awesome! Big ups to @browncoatbeth for helping me with the design.

I put in a rush order at jakprints (with an in-hand date of 4/5) and the quote was less than $40. Not bad at all. I feel like I should get my stuff in time, based on their estimated turnaround and shipping times. I really feel like if you request a quote this weekend and then go ahead and confirm+order as soon as you get the quote back you should be okay. I'd definitely call if you're concerned though. Also, it doesn't appear that they charge extra for rush delivery! It looks like you can also specify an earlier in-hand date than I did as well if you need them sooner.

EQV on
    TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24
  • rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular
    I ordered mine last Saturday and got them yesterday. Ordered 100, got 118, so not enough to collect a full set in return, but more than I was expecting so hooray! They came out nicer than I expected, too.

The thing is, we've used JakPrints in the past for this, and it seems like there have never been any complaints with quality. Plus they like us and give us a decent discount for the cards. If you were worried about turnaround, you could have paid for a rush order and it would have been great. I got mine today (with normal turnaround) and I ordered them on Friday of last week.

I know. I've used JakPrints for this before, but their prices have gone up so much in the last few years, I just wanted to explore some other options for next year.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular

I know. I've used JakPrints for this before, but their prices have gone up so much in the last few years, I just wanted to explore some other options for next year.

agreed. i used jakprints last year and they do have great customer service, but with other expenses i just couldn't bear to shell out almost $40 for paxcards this year, especially when i could get them for $10 from zazzle. jakprints is definitely a great company, but for small orders like this they're not always ideal, especially if you're not too fussy about the details (an off border wouldn't bother me).

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    Actually, looking at my cards from JakPrints from 2 years ago, the cutting is off by about the same amount as my new cards, but the design made it unnoticeable.

• Reverend SnideReverend Snide Registered User regular
    Can I be That Guy and have #747?
    tumblr_m1hu17IucV1r2kpmoo1_500.jpg

My fleet of 747s has landed.

Have miles, will travel | Twitter | XBL: Reverend Snide | Wii U/PSN: ReverendSnide
  • rascalrascal Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

My fleet of 747s has landed.

Considering how much Jet-A you've got in your glass there, I'm surprised your fleet isn't still airborne :)

By the way, it looks as if you ordered from Zazzle -- did they come out ok? They look good in the pic.

rascal on
    My friend yeildfornothing is participating again also and would like card number 434 if it is available. We are also in need of someone to do the photoshop work for us. Thanks.

• kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Phew... life got in my way big time, I never got a chance to make these, and I thought I was in trouble. But I just talked to a rep @ Jaxprints and she said if I have the order to her by tomorrow morning, they'll be to me in time. Phew!

(Of course, it helps that I'm in MA and not having to travel ahead of time. :) )

Edit: BTW... They seem to have fantastic customer service. The woman responded to me almost immediately and was very polite and helpful.

kitties_on_acid on
    My friend yeildfornothing is participating again also and would like card number 434 if it is available. We are also in need of someone to do the photoshop work for us. Thanks.

yieldfornothing is set for #434.

Hopefully someone will see this message and be available to help you out.

Thanks :) we have our info and pictures pretty much ready to go. Just don't have photoshop so anyone who is able to help us out would be greatly appreciated!

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Thanks :) we have our info and pictures pretty much ready to go. Just don't have photoshop so anyone who is able to help us out would be greatly appreciated!

If you don't get someone by Wed Morning, let me know. I don't have the skills, but my girlfriend was annoyed that I didn't have her do it, so apparently she does, and I might be able to Make It Happen (tm), but since it's not me, I'd rather someone else can help you :)

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    Found someone with a copy of photoshop we can use. Used the templates to drop our pictures and info in. Could someone just explain the process of what I need to do to prep the file and how I need to save it to send to jakprints. Just want to make sure everything is correct the first time so there isn't any delay. Also when the list is made could you list my name as Vapor rather than imavapor96 (Vapor is what I am having printed on my card). Thanks.

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    mine came last night...133 on my order of 100. should be able to exchange with everyone, yay!

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
    Found someone with a copy of photoshop we can use. Used the templates to drop our pictures and info in. Could someone just explain the process of what I need to do to prep the file and how I need to save it to send to jakprints. Just want to make sure everything is correct the first time so there isn't any delay. Also when the list is made could you list my name as Vapor rather than imavapor96 (Vapor is what I am having printed on my card). Thanks.

Instructions for ordering are in the OP. Basically you will be sending them a flat version of the file in 4-color (CMYK). You will be listed as "Vapor" on the checklist.

• Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Mine came in today, Around 120. I still have a ton from last year I'll be bringing too.

• purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    I find it funny. I keep reading about people ordering 100 cards and getting 300, but when I counted my 150 cards I ended up with 115. Jakprints quickly printed and shipped off the rest, so now I have about 165 or so cards.

• Reverend SnideReverend Snide Registered User regular
    rascal wrote: »
    By the way, it looks as if you ordered from Zazzle -- did they come out ok? They look good in the pic.

I'm pretty happy with them- I guess I'll see how they stack up next to the Jakprints ones when I'm in Boston, but I'm happy as things stand.

Have miles, will travel | Twitter | XBL: Reverend Snide | Wii U/PSN: ReverendSnide
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Cookie brigade trading cards received! I ordered 1000 from Zazzle and got exactly that amount. They look good, nice even cuts and the colors are nice and bright. I'm very pleased.
    7024603323_9ccbfacb02.jpg

Comparing the zazzle cards to the brigade card I have from 2010 which I assume was done through Jakprints there is no difference, color and cut is just as good, card stock is also nice. And really for the price its awesome, they were crazy cheap considering how many I bought for the brigade to give out.

ransim on
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    Assassins Ball cards are ready!
    trading_card.JPG

• rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular
    Those look amazing! Grabby hands: activated.

• MoociferMoocifer Artsy Broad Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I spoke to someone at Jakprints on Friday because I wanted to ask how much rush ordering would cost to get my cards by Friday, because I'm leaving on Sunday. I was told I didn't need to file for a rush order because I live in NY, and they'd be shipping from Ohio. So the order was completed Monday. It didn't ship until Wednesday and apparently they were expedited anyway, because I got them today. And then I opened the box to find this:
    ApLfPAECIAAjPSX.jpg

I ordered 100 cards. I got 580. Five. Eighty. I LOVE YOU FOREVER, JAKPRINTS. Even though I have no idea what to do with the other 456....

Moocifer on
    PAX East 2014!!!1!one
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Travel: [ x] // Time Off: [ x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @amysophie
    Twitter: amysophie
    Gamertag/Steam: Vixen Valentine
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Moocifer wrote: »
    I spoke to someone at Jakprints on Friday because I wanted to ask how much rush ordering would cost to get my cards by Friday, because I'm leaving on Sunday. I was told I didn't need to file for a rush order because I live in NY, and they'd be shipping from Ohio. So the order was completed Monday. It didn't ship until Wednesday and apparently they were expedited anyway, because I got them today. And then I opened the box to find this:
    ApLfPAECIAAjPSX.jpg

I ordered 100 cards. I got 580. Five. Eighty. I LOVE YOU FOREVER, JAKPRINTS. Even though I have no idea what to do with the other 456....

Holy shit. You must have gotten them on a day when they weren't doing any other orders. Well now you can use them as a geeky "get to know you" card outside of pax since you'll have them for the rest of your life ;)

Sounds like @pureval's experience was the fluke, which is what I expected. Sucks that they messed it up to start, they probably thought he had ordered 100 like so many other people.

so i got my cards and i'm definitely happy with them, especially for the price (without which i wouldn't have been able to do them at all), but there is a small problem. my image is darker than i expected, and some of the badge elements--like the pre-pax dinner knife and fork--kind of disappear into the blackness. i realize now this was my own fault for not accounting for the fact that my screen is abnormally bright, so my view of the image was distorted, but i was wondering; has anyone ever had jakprints contact them if there was an issue with their images not looking right? they do seem renowned for their customer service and i was wondering if using them in the future (and budgeting better) would avoid this kind of issue.

7YIpfE5.png
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    so i got my cards and i'm definitely happy with them, especially for the price (without which i wouldn't have been able to do them at all), but there is a small problem. my image is darker than i expected, and some of the badge elements--like the pre-pax dinner knife and fork--kind of disappear into the blackness. i realize now this was my own fault for not accounting for the fact that my screen is abnormally bright, so my view of the image was distorted, but i was wondering; has anyone ever had jakprints contact them if there was an issue with their images not looking right? they do seem renowned for their customer service and i was wondering if using them in the future (and budgeting better) would avoid this kind of issue.

They will contact you if there is a serious problem, or if you paid the $10 for digital proofs. Some people have been contacted because the wrong layers were visible or if the same file had been submitted twice. I personally print my own proof (after switching to RGB) onto card stock to make sure the colors are correct.

ah well. i'm still pretty pleased with my cheapo cards. here they are!

front
    6883355638_1c66c0781e.jpg

back
    7029456139_f086199db5.jpg

7YIpfE5.png
This discussion has been closed.