As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX East 2012 Fitness Group! [Meetup Friday 4/6 1PM outside the Wyvern Theater]

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    @PayneTrayne Congrats! That is a feeling that I'm looking forward to!

@redfield85 That is awesome progress!

I'm all for starting the new thread as soon as possible. When I first posted here it was March 26th, 2011 (3 days short of 1 year ago). I've lost ~40 lbs since then and you have all been a huge part of what's kept me motivated. There's really no way to express the depth of my appreciation.

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Yea, besides having the Weight Watchers online crap, I love posting in here. It is like we get to brag about how awesome we are.

How is the challenge working again? The top man and woman with the most % lost? We need to have like a running total in the OP or something. This way we can work harder if we aren't in first. ;)

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    @Direwolf Thanks man, it's a great feeling.

As for expressing appreciation I foresee one incredibly fit group hug.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    SpectacledBearSpectacledBear Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    vttym wrote: »
    Some awesome progress and news from everyone -- @SpectacledBear I hear ya on feeling and fitting better without always seeing a loss - these past 2 weeks I've been at the same weight, but feel like everything is much looser on me...

Just 2 more weeks, everyone! - you know you'll probably cheat a little at PAX, so finish strong and give yourself some room to have a little fun.

Real trick will be - how soon to start a PAX Fitness 2013 group so we can keep the motivation going? :)

@vttym Thank you for the motivation. Ran my best run ever tonight! 30 mins with 17 mins @ 5.6mph and 13 mins @ 6.2 mph. I now feel ready for running a 5K in May.

Currently playing Stardew Valley and I Am Setsuna.

LPr3CtQ.png
  • Options
    Chorazin wrote: »
    Eating crappy at PAX East is a given, but remember that you're going to do a ton of walking so don't worry about it too much!

ackbar.jpg

I'll be rocking protein bars, almonds with dried fruit, fruit and water at PAX. You are totally entitled to eat whatever you want to, but I wanted to retort with healthy alternatives.

LPr3CtQ.png
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Ran my best run ever tonight! 30 mins with 17 mins @ 5.6mph and 13 mins @ 6.2 mph. I now feel ready for running a 5K in May.

Congrats!!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Guess who just bought his first LARGE shirt? THIS GUY!

@PayneTrayne Congratulations! I bought my first XL shirts in the past month and agree that it's a great feeling to move down a size. Other than the cost of buying new clothes that is. :D

SpectacledBear on

LPr3CtQ.png
  • Options
    BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    So, for the challenge, can I still post my stats like everyone else or do I have to be a part of the fitocracy group? I am just lazy and don't feel like joining. I will post my stats anyway!

Everyone that is posting their stats weekly here is in the weight loss challenge. You need to log points in Fitocracy to be in the Fitocracy challenge.

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • Options
    If I can compete in one on just the forums here for PAX, that is what I want! I don't feel like joining Fitocracy. I have to like open a new tab, type stuff, etc. Haha.

We should get a compilation of people's stats in the OP. It makes "competing" more competitive by being able to view everyone's stats in one place instead of spread through 16 pages of posts. Maybe have a leaderboard too.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Eating crappy at PAX East is a given, but remember that you're going to do a ton of walking so don't worry about it too much!

ackbar.jpg

I'll be rocking protein bars, almonds with dried fruit, fruit and water at PAX. You are totally entitled to eat whatever you want to, but I wanted to retort with healthy alternatives.

That's AWESOME, good on you for that!

I plan on not watching what I eat for the 4 days of PAX, because I do that enough the other 358 days of the year. :-)

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    I plan on not watching what I eat for the 4 days of PAX, because I do that enough the other 358 days of the year. :-)

That makes perfect sense to me. Making choices about food and keeping it fun is definitely a good strategy.

LPr3CtQ.png
  • Options
    BeerNgamingBeerNgaming Registered User regular

ackbar.jpg

That's AWESOME, good on you for that!

Last year, I survived mostly on protein bars and cans of V8. Keeps you going a lot better than a slice of pizza and a coke.

Trust me on this one, folks, you'll have more fun overall if your body feels better.

• Options
    Down 2 pounds this week! That brings me down from 325 to 269.4 since the end of May! :-)

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    Updated OP, please let me know if I have made a mistake or missed you.

• Options
    PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Apologies, I have been distracted his last couple weeks and also finally getting back on track too.

Week 4, 2/28/12: 170lb
    Week 5, 3/06/12: 167lb (-3lb)
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12: 164lb (-6)
    Week 8, 3/27/12:
    Week 9: 4/05/12 (AT PAX!!!):

pax%20sig.png
  • Options
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    Apologies, I have been distracted his last couple weeks and also finally getting back on track too.

Week 4, 2/28/12: 170lb
    Week 5, 3/06/12: 167lb (-3lb)
    Week 6, 3/13/12:
    Week 7, 3/20/12: 164lb (-6)
    Week 8, 3/27/12:

No need to apologize, long-term commitment is what we're looking for here more than anything.

• Options
    Oh man. I might start working overtime here. Seeing the OP, I want to come in first! I'm coming for you, Dgeorge318!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    No need to apologize, long-term commitment is what we're looking for here more than anything.

Aw man, you just made me think of Rick Astley...

pax%20sig.png
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular

@vttym Thank you for the motivation. Ran my best run ever tonight! 30 mins with 17 mins @ 5.6mph and 13 mins @ 6.2 mph. I now feel ready for running a 5K in May.

Awesome! I just ran my first 5k ever a few weeks ago.. it felt great. I scaled up from about where you are to 6.3mph for 30 mins over the course of a month and a half, so if you keep at it, you should be there in no time!

And this from someone who couldn't run at 5.5 mph for more than 5 minutes at a time in January :)

• Options
    TerribleToasterTerribleToaster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I haven't been able to go out running (as chuck taylors are not meant for that sort of thing) but walking has been a must for me, as taking the stairs. Recently we got a scale in the house (which use to be banned but there was a change of heart) Somehow I've gotten down from 150lbs to 138lbs.
    Well, I'm not complaining. You guys seem to be doing awesome though! Keep it up!

hlhhf2f0t737.png
  • Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    nice loss this week, redfield! also, nice losses in general. you are off to an AMAZING start this year. literally amazing.

also, payne - nice job on the dropping a shirt size! that is always so exciting.

i'm waiting to weigh in til tomorrow, as tuesday's my usual day, but I'm hopeful I'll have decent results this week. yesterday I pulled out my old worksheets from when I used to train w/ a personal trainer and did some of those exercises. it was a rude (but inspiring) awakening to how much room I have to improve back to my old standards. skull crushers that used to be done with 15 pounds had to be done with 10s, close grip benching from 80 pounds to 50... but it is motivating me to get back to where i used to be.

of course, I couldn't lift my arms to shampoo my hair this morning... :P

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    I welcome the challenge. :)

• Options

Totally did this last year too - was awesome. We did Clif bars, water in collapsible platypus bottles, and kept deli meat in a cooler in the room. Saved money and calories :D

• Options
    Yea, I need to start gathering stuff for PAX. I love those banana chips that are a part of trail mix. Granola chunks are also delicious. I might grab me some bananas when I am there. I forget if we had a microwave and fridge in our room. I'll have to check that. Maybe we could come up with a fitness group snack list?

So, we won our 2nd round floor hockey game tonight, 2-1 in OT. I scored our first goal. I think I need to get Weight Watchers to sponsor me for next season. Haha. I think the -25lbs is just making me more confident. On to the finals next week! Hopefully by next season I will be down quite a bit more.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    ishtra wrote: »

Totally did this last year too - was awesome. We did Clif bars, water in collapsible platypus bottles, and kept deli meat in a cooler in the room. Saved money and calories :D

These are great ideas. I was hoping to pick up some fresh fruit when we got to Boston but sounds like it might be easier to just take protein bars and dried fruit.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 233.5 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 228 (-5.5 lbs, -2.35%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: Weight 227 (-6.5 lbs, -2.79%)
    Week 4, 2/28/12: Weight 224.5 (-9 lbs, -3.85%)
    Week 5, 3/06/12: weight 219.4 (-14.1 lbs, -6.21%)
    Week 6, 3/13/12: weight 214 (-19.5 lbs, -8.35%)
    Week 7, 3/20/12: weight 215 (-18.5 lbs, -7.92%)
    Week 8, 3/27/12: weight 210.8 ( -22.7 lbs, -9.72%)
    Week 9: 4/05/12 (AT PAX!!!)

Again, I expect a bounce next week.

• Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Good morning, y'all. Good suggestions for PAX snacks! I'll definitely be bringing some clif bars and probably my camelbak.

Basically stayed the same this week. Down .2 but I really consider that staying the same. I am not going to make my 10 pounds by PAX goal, which is disappointing, but at least I've been steadily down overall. Any progress is progress - seems to be the best way to look at it!

Besides, I've still got a week. You never know!

Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 197 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 195.6 (- 1.4 lbs, - .7%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: Weight 196.4 (- .6 lbs, - .3%)
    Week 4, 2/28/12: Weight 193.8 (-3.2 lbs, -1.6%)
    Week 5, 3/06/12:
    Week 6, 3/13/12: Weight 194.0 (-3.0 lbs, -1.5%)
    Week 7, 3/20/12: Weight 192.2 (-4.8 lbs, -2.4%)
    Week 8, 3/27/12: Weight 192.0 (-5 lbs, -2.5%)

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 234 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 230 (-4 lbs, -1.7%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: Weight 227 (-7 lbs, -3%)
    Week 4, 2/28/12: Weight 224 (-10 lbs, -4.3%)
    Week 5, 3/06/12: Weight 222 (-12 lbs, -5.1%)
    Week 6, 3/13/12: Weight 221 (-13 lbs, -5.6%)
    Week 7, 3/20/12: Weight 221 (-13 lbs, -5.6%)
    Week 8, 3/27/12: Weight 219 (-15 lbs, -6.4%)

Back on track, with a new commitment to the gym, though I am still slacking a LITTLE on the food tracking - will get on that too. Last week to keep it all together! I'll offer my weight from Thursday morning's workout as my final PAX one, since I'm coming into Boston Friday morning.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 247.8 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 244.4 (-3.4 lbs, -1.4%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: Weight 243.4 (-4.4 lbs, -1.8%)
    Week 4, 2/28/12: Weight 241.8 (-6 lbs, -2.4%)
    Week 5, 3/06/12: Weight 244.0 (-3.8 lbs, -1.5%)
    Week 6, 3/13/12: Weight 242.4 (-5.4 lbs, -2.2%)
    Week 7, 3/20/12:
    Week 8, 3/27/12: Weight 245.6 (-2.2 lbs, -0.9%)

Yep, turns out midterms week forced me to turn workout time into study time. I'm afraid I'll be going to PAX with only slightly less mass than I had in February. Oh well, I'm a lot healthier feeling than I was then, gonna be a lot easier to get around without getting exhausted.

Also OP has been updated with new stats. vttym is now in 2nd place!

BaconSandwich on
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 134 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 135 (+1 lb)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: Weight 136 (+0 lb)
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12: Weight 136 (+0 lb)
    Week 6, 3/13/12:Weight 136 (+0 lb)
    Week 7, 3/20/12:Weight 134.5 (-1.5 lb)
    Week 8, 3/27/12:Weight 134 (-.5 lb)

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options

Also OP has been updated with new stats. vttym is now in 2nd place!

Didn't realize that.. no way I'm catching #1 though.. we both started around the same, so I'm not gonna be losing 9 lbs... I'll just stick with trying to hit my new goal of 217 and call it even.

• Options
    It's pretty surprising to see myself on the top of that list. I've changed my diet, incorporated tons of exercise, and I've been educating myself on health and fitness. Knowledge is power when it comes to weight loss.

It was asked earlier if anybody had a fitbit, I decided 30 days ago to get a BodyMedia Fit. It's expensive ($200 for the armband, and $7/mo for the website), but keeps the same information as fitbit. Knowing that your body burns so many calories just in order to exist, then knowing your nutritional intact (Fats, Carbs, Proteins), and finally knowing what works for your body. The reason I went with BodyMedia was the android application (Fitbit now has one) and the reports that it spits out.

I've been able to trend my weight loss and eating habits. Having that information allows you to make better decisions. Do I eat this, do I eat that. You can see what periods of time you're active and when you aren't.

If anybody wants to talk at anytime, I'll be glad to talk. You can catch me Gtalk or PM me. I've been at this for 8 months exactly now. And I'm down 85 lbs. My motivation has not waned yet :)

• Options
    TheAsianKnightTheAsianKnight Shinywoopwoop Registered User regular
    Week 1, 2/07/12: Weight 210 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: Weight 206 (-4lbs,-2%)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: (no idea what happened to either of these weeks, I only remember missing one >.>
    Week 4, 2/28/12:
    Week 5, 3/06/12: Weight 204 (-2 pounds from 2 weeks ago)
    Week 6, 3/13/12:Weight 205 (+1 pound)
    Week 7, 3/20/12:Weight 205(+/-0 pounds)
    Week 8, 3/27/12: Weight 204(-1 pound)

Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    Cosplay Check List: WOOPER [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I meant to call Westin about a fridge too O_O although, so long as we have a microwave Or a coffee maker, I'll have hot water to pour directly into my oatmeal packet ... b/c I don't feel like packing bowls when I have too many cookies and costumery to worry about :P
    spoons will be needed though, b/c coffee stirrers will Totally not work.

Here's my list:
    granola bars/Clif bars of varying flavors and calorie totals
    water bottles (platypus for us, love the camelbak though :D )
    turkey, lettuce, mustard packets, and some rolls
    pack of dried fruit
    Box of oatmeal packets
    grabbing milk if we have a fridge

didn't weigh in this morning - setback over the weekend with family gorging followed by PAX prep. Will try for later in the week when I have time :)

ishtra on
  • Options
    We didn't have a microwave or a fridge in our room at the Westin last year, so if you want something like that you should call them ASAP.

I'll have some packs of nuts with me in my bag and my trusty water bottle, but for meals I'll just be eating whatever I can find at/around the con.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Whoops, knew I forgot to do something yesterday...
    Week 1 - 2/07/12: 316 (+/- 0 lbs, +/- 0%)
    Week 2 - 2/14/12: 312 (-4 lbs., -1.3%)
    Week 3 - 2/21/12: 315
    Week 4 - 2/28/12: 313 (-3)
    Week 5 - 3/06/12: 312 (-4)
    Week 6 - 3/13/12: 311 (-5)
    Week 7 - 3/20/12: 309 (-7, -2.2%)
    Week 8 - 3/27/12: 307 (-9, -2.8%)
    Week 9 - 4/05/12:

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    we'll be bringing a cooler anyway - so no big if we miss out on a minifridge :P

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Drunk ass me weighed myself. I seem to have a habit now of drinking Wednesday night after our hockey game and then weighing myself while talking to a friend. I am supposedly 230.8 from 231. So, after tomorrow morning, I think I should be around 229-228. That would be fucking amazing. I don't remember the last time I was in the 220s.

edit:Annnnnd I am down 1.4lbs, which puts me in the 220s. Haven't been there in YEARS. I won't get first or second in this competition, but fuck if I don't feel better about myself.

(started the year at 256, competition at 245.8)

(week - date - weight - lbs lost that week)
    Week 1, 2/07/12: 243.2 (-2.6 lbs)
    Week 2, 2/14/12: 240.0 (-3.2 lbs)
    Week 3, 2/21/12: 239.8 (-0.2 lbs)
    Week 4, 2/28/12: 237.2 (-2.6 lbs)
    Week 5, 3/06/12: 238.2 (+1.0 lbs)
    Week 6, 3/13/12: 233.2 (-5.0 lbs)
    Week 7, 3/20/12: 231.0 (-2.2 lbs)
    Week 8, 3/27/12: 229.6 (-1.4 lbs)

16.2 lbs lost (in this time frame)

I did the math myself this time, so it might be horribly wrong. I calculated 6.6% lost. If that is wrong, let me know the right answer. Haha.

edit: Although, looking at Weight Watchers and my whole year of weight loss, I am down a little over 10%. :P

Non-competition wise, I am down a total of -26.4 lbs this year.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote: »
    edit:Annnnnd I am down 1.4lbs, which puts me in the 220s. Haven't been there in YEARS. I won't get first or second in this competition, but fuck if I don't feel better about myself.

I am down a little over 10%. :P

Non-competition wise, I am down a total of -26.4 lbs this year.

well that's all pretty damn awesome! Congrats!!

• Options
    aaaand I just realized I never weighed in. will try to do that before work tomorrow and get my post in :P