As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Operation Beachhead Next Weekend. Fun in the sun? MARK SPOILERS

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    On neither the Something Awful forums, the PA forums, nor NeoGAF have I heard people discussing
    what the synthesis ending will mean for the galaxy or anything like it.

I still don't know what "most of the technology you rely on" means so I can't speculate much on that ending.

The kid tell us control is supposed to work, but we have no clue what Shepard will make them do outside of what we want Shepard to make them do. I guess you can speculate on that but you can't really argue using any evidence because there is none.

The reason you haven't heard any discussion is because
    it is straight up space magic. There's no discussion because there's no plausible way for it to work, given the rules of the Mass Effect universe. They haven't given us enough info to speculate.

And I say that as a person who took the Synthesis ending the first time around because I couldn't stand the thought of killing off the Geth and EDI, and control was too TIM-like.

In a game nominally about choice, I wish they'd have just taken that choice out of the picture.

This too.

I really think our opinions are pretty similar on the topic, Orca.

Edit: I think where I got messed up is in thinking too much about what could have been (like if they had pulled a Wrath of Khan, which they really could have done, considering how well Bioware does character pieces) and in hoping for an ending rewrite that invites the entire writing team in on the process.

Yeah. I remember at the outset you weren't too upset about it, but it seems like as time has gone on you've gotten more and more disgusted with the whole thing.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Yeah. I think my subsequent annoyance is really about feeling that Bioware could have done so much better, that they're better than this. Maybe I should just accept that no, they really aren't, and move on.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    RE: Priority Rannoch Ending (Geth and Quarians)
    I was so hoping that I could get them to find peace. But I didn't get the option. I can't work out why not, having looked at the internet for why/how it's possible.

Is there any way to check what I did in my ME2 save on xbox?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    I think the game actually failed at the LOTS OF SPECULATION FOR EVERYONE shit. People are mostly complaining about the ending and very few people are actually speculating based on the ending from what I have seen outside of the indoctrination theory. Part of the reason is because there isn't enough evidence to do much speculation. The best speculation is where you have enough information to guess without feeling like you are pulling shit out of your ass. We don't know enough about what the endings mean to even guess much.

I think that's because
    the indoctrination theory seems really obviously true, so there's not much to speculate. A lot of the bitching I hear comes from people who either don't understand the indoctrination theory, aren't aware of it, or who want it to be true, but fear that it ultimately won't be.
    This is how I feel as well. It's entirely possible that I'm wrong, but I fully expect the clarification that arrives in April to center around explaining why the max EMS Destroy ending results in Shepard taking a breath in London.

It appears one issue many people have with the indoctrination theory is that it implies that Bioware would've intended to do a paid-DLC ending from the start, which means that we would have arrived at the bottom of the slippery slope that everyone who hates DLC had warned us about. There are two cases I can think of for why doing a free-DLC ending makes sense to me.

The first is that it has led to a lot of interesting discussion on the indoctrination theory. Sure, some of that would've happened had they included additional material on the disc confirming the theory, but I doubt it would've been quite as passionate.

The second is more a financial reason- an attempt to curb used-game sales. If people are forced to hold onto their game for a few months in order to receive a free update that adds a new ending, I would think that would limit how many people trade-in their game immediately after finishing the single-player campaign in the future. EA/Bioware have already taken one step with the online pass and tying in multiplayer to the EMS score. This would just be one more along that line.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Yeah there is definitely a lot of speculation going on about the ending...

However it's not like the Nolan/Inception speculation where the ending fits thematically with the rest of the film and the speculation is based on everything the film taught you and prepared you for.

No, it's more like the Sunshine speculation where you have 3/4 of one of the best, most intense sci-fi films ever made, seriously, and then the last 1/4 is like what the fuck did you do to my soul this is so fucking bad auughghghgh why. And then you try in desperation to figure out how to fit in the nonsense tossed in for no discernible reason into a film that didn't fit that content thematically or with any level of sense. At least Sunshine had the "good" sense to go back, somewhat, into form for the last couple minutes.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Kafka87 wrote: »
    RE: Priority Rannoch Ending (Geth and Quarians)
    I was so hoping that I could get them to find peace. But I didn't get the option. I can't work out why not, having looked at the internet for why/how it's possible.

Is there any way to check what I did in my ME2 save on xbox?

Keep in mind
    That you don't get the option for peace right away. What you can do is allow the Geth to upload the reaper code, then yell the Quarian fleet down, if you have enough 'points' for peace. It's the 'rally the fleet' option.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    BinaryBinary Registered User regular
    Vicktor wrote: »

There needs to be a Volus "Biotic God" Vanguard for multiplayer. I mean, now that the idea's out there, it can't go back in the bag. This MUST be made or modded.

I was actually seriously pissed when I found out the Volus weren't going to be a playable race. I mean, we can get Quarian "oops suit ruptured good luck with that infection" so why not volus "suit ruptured hope you don't explode"?

binary101010.jpg
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    On neither the Something Awful forums, the PA forums, nor NeoGAF have I heard people discussing

I still don't know what "most of the technology you rely on" means so I can't speculate much on that ending.

The kid tell us control is supposed to work, but we have no clue what Shepard will make them do outside of what we want Shepard to make them do. I guess you can speculate on that but you can't really argue using any evidence because there is none.

Yeah, well one reason may be
    Any time anyone trys to bring up hypothesis on what it could mean for the galaxy a lot of people immediately go into. "Why are we having conjecture about poop!" "poop is poop and that's all there is to it". I had some great discussions locally about what the synthesis ending could mean for the universe. Or what the others could have meant. I focused on the synthesis ending myself as it's the one I chose. But the consensus built beyond the veil of PA seems to be poop.

Also, to say the Extra Credits guys are "just reviewers doing what reviewers do" is really undercutting how much solid insight into gaming they've put out over thier time. Most of what they say about particular games is VERY invested into the games. Hence thier study on the God of War series and how they felt about Other M.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I think the game actually failed at the LOTS OF SPECULATION FOR EVERYONE shit. People are mostly complaining about the ending and very few people are actually speculating based on the ending from what I have seen outside of the indoctrination theory. Part of the reason is because there isn't enough evidence to do much speculation. The best speculation is where you have enough information to guess without feeling like you are pulling shit out of your ass. We don't know enough about what the endings mean to even guess much.

I think that's because
    the indoctrination theory seems really obviously true, so there's not much to speculate. A lot of the bitching I hear comes from people who either don't understand the indoctrination theory, aren't aware of it, or who want it to be true, but fear that it ultimately won't be.

Frankly I think the indoctrination theory is people really bending over backwards to give bioware more credit than they've earned

I'm willing to stake money on that, by the way, for the clarifying dlc. (in that if anyone wants to wager the price of the first DLC on whether or not it ends up being the case that the indoctrination theory is correct, because it's not)

override367 on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Binary wrote: »

There needs to be a Volus "Biotic God" Vanguard for multiplayer. I mean, now that the idea's out there, it can't go back in the bag. This MUST be made or modded.

I was actually seriously pissed when I found out the Volus weren't going to be a playable race. I mean, we can get Quarian "oops suit ruptured good luck with that infection" so why not volus "suit ruptured hope you don't explode"?

I'm just glad we got to square off against a villainous Hanar. Loved that scene.

• Options
    Yeah. I think my subsequent annoyance is really about feeling that Bioware could have done so much better, that they're better than this. Maybe I should just accept that no, they really aren't, and move on.

Perhaps. It certainly was a missed opportunity that could have ended the series on a SICK NASTY note. It's a human enterprise though, and humans make mistakes. :(

• Options

Perhaps. It certainly was a missed opportunity that could have ended the series on a SICK NASTY note. It's a human enterprise though, and humans make mistakes. :(

True enough.

• Options
    Yeah there is definitely a lot of speculation going on about the ending...

However it's not like the Nolan/Inception speculation where the ending fits thematically with the rest of the film and the speculation is based on everything the film taught you and prepared you for.

No, it's more like the Sunshine speculation where you have 3/4 of one of the best, most intense sci-fi films ever made, seriously, and then the last 1/4 is like what the fuck did you do to my soul this is so fucking bad auughghghgh why. And then you try in desperation to figure out how to fit in the nonsense tossed in for no discernible reason into a film that didn't fit that content thematically or with any level of sense. At least Sunshine had the "good" sense to go back, somewhat, into form for the last couple minutes.

Or like Neon Genesis Evangelion, which is why that Thank You video made me laugh like a loon.

To be fair, NGE went completely into WTF land halfway into production, so the entire ending couple of episodes was just one more WTF.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular

Because dying to infection is going to take an expletive of a lot longer than exploding.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options

When you get downed in multiplayer, you fly all around the room like a ruptured balloon.

• Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Ad astra wrote: »

I'll tell you what the
    synthesis
    ending means.
    Fucking chaos!

You think everyone wanted to become part machine? My guess is no. but now they are and have to live with the repercussions, and think about all the sentient races out there that have yet to discover space-flight (like the Yahg. Yeah, cyborg Yagh. Think about that for a moment) and have no clue about the Reapers. They go to bed one night, and then awake the next day to find that their veins now glow green and they can talk to computers (if they've invented those). You've just irrevocably fucked their society and everything they know.

And I don't even want to think about what synthesis implies for wildlife and plants, are they now intelligent too? Are we going to have sentient raspberry's avenging their fallen brethren?! Salmon that can shoot lasers from their eyes?! Who the fuck knows!? Because, "LOTS OF SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE!"
    Do the plants need lots of metal now in order to live?

I don't know, but if I were to speculate...

Ad astra on
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Ok, now that I've had a few days to think of it, time to go over my feelings and reactions over the ending.
    Oh God! Harbinger is shooting at me. Ahh, whew. Oh, he almost got me. FUCK! Wait, what? We lost?

Then Shepard stands up and starts dragging himself towards the beam. I really enjoyed this part. I did die once because the Marauder surprised me and in my panic I missed enough shots that he killed me.

Now Tali (my romance choice) was in the final charge as well, so I'm convinced she (as well as Kaidan) was vaporized in the final push. Considering I reloaded Rannoch after I accidentally caused her to kill herself (as I was expecting an option to at least try to call off one of the fleets), I was upset with myself for not leaving on the Normandy. Anderson managing to crawl into the beam behind me softened that a little bit

"Ok, I know that Shepard is mortally wounded, but could he shuffle a little faster?"

Then I got to go through the conversation with TIM. Honestly, I found it a little drawn out. I really just wanted to shoot him rather than arguing with that idiot. Once I did, I really started to worry that the Reapers were going to be destroyed without learning anything about their true motives. At least I kept him from shooting Anderson.

"This must be why people hated the ending. No revelations about the Reapers is lame."

And then I get to sit with Anderson and watch the Crucible fire. Except it doesn't. And...

WE GET TO LEARN ABOUT THE REAPERS! YAY!

"Hmm, interesting. They're worried that synthetics will just bombard planets with asteroids and completely wipe out organic life, since they don't need it. Considering what happened with Geth and in the Prothean Cycle. Oh, and with EDI on Luna and other places, they aren't necessarily completely wrong."

So I began to consider Synthesis and Destruction. Synthesis was appealing, since if Synthetics and Organics are the same, then one can't really wipe out the other. But, no, I'm here to destroy the Reapers. We'll take our chances (Sorry EDI).

Earth is saved! Why is the Normandy going at FTL speeds? Ehh, it's an explosion. Trying to outrun it isn't exactly a bad plan.

Aaaand they crashed. Wait, how did Tali get on the Normandy? I guess she wasn't disintegrated after all. It would be nice to know how she survived and ended up there, but I'm glad she did so I'll just roll with it.

As for the Stargazer scene, I loved it. It reminded me of "Deconstruction of Fallen Stars" from Babylon 5, which was an amazing episode from an amazing science fiction series, so I appreciate the shout-out. And the survivors of the Normandy crash clearly managed to build up a society, so everything has worked out in the end.

"An N7 dog-tag, that must be Shepard. And he just breathed! Hah, I WIN. Reapers LOSE!"

And then the message pops up telling me that I can still play DLC. "Oh, just like Dragon Age! Cool." It's much better than trying to recruit Kasumi for the suicide mission after you've already done it.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Just got Drell Vanguard. Since Operation Raptor next weekend is going to involve promotion, I'm just kinda playing around with different builds.

I think I'm playing it wrong, because it only kinda works. On Silver I'm dead in two hits, so I leveled Charge for damage and impact, shotgun bonus damage with a chance to not trigger a cooldown.

It's designed to hit one straggler or sniper or potshotting-rocket geth for big damage and then finish it off with a bonus-charged shotgun blast. And then ninja-kick away. Completely different from a Nova Asari.

e: Also got an angry message from a fella after we kicked him for trying to bring a 6 Soldier to our silver match. Sorry guy, nobody cares that your N7 rank is 400.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    For me, the entire ending situation has long ago morphed from speculation about the ending, to general disgust at how militant people have become about the ending. To the point of shouting others down who don't share their exact opinion about it.

The whole situation has gotten so ugly, that the fact that the ending is unsatisfying is almost secondary to the circus that has popped up around it.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Ending spoilers
    The synthesis ending results in cyborg bears. Humanity is screwed no matter what now. Think about it.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    For me, the entire ending situation has long ago morphed from speculation about the ending, to general disgust at how militant people have become about the ending. To the point of shouting others down who don't share their exact opinion about it.

The whole situation has gotten so ugly, that the fact that the ending is unsatisfying is almost secondary to the circus that has popped up around it.

Who's shouting down people who disagree with their opinion? I sure hope it's not me

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Ending spoilers
    The synthesis ending results in cyborg bears. Humanity is screwed no matter what now. Think about it.
    And sharks. Don't forget about the flying sharks with mass effect fields.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options

When you get downed in multiplayer, you fly all around the room like a ruptured balloon.

Between rounds, your toon says, "I am a biotic god!"

• Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Who's shouting down people who disagree with their opinion? I sure hope it's not me

No no, not even on these forums, just the world at large. Some of the vitriol being thrown around about the ending has just gone beyond stupid, and for me, has completely over shadowed any short comings of the ending.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    uh a level 6 guy in silver can be just fine

especially if he's that high an N7 rating

particularly a soldier

since he'll probably have pretty good guns

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

I think that's because

Frankly I think the indoctrination theory is people really bending over backwards to give bioware more credit than they've earned

I'm willing to stake money on that, by the way, for the clarifying dlc. (in that if anyone wants to wager the price of the first DLC on whether or not it ends up being the case that the indoctrination theory is correct, because it's not)
    My biggest issue with the indoctrination theory, having not looked at any of the youtubes about it, is quite simply that the only way it can be true (not counting retroactively) is if Bioware pulled a "hope you enjoy paying extra for the real ending", and given BW's track record, it is far more likely that they fucked up the ending rather than they went for DLC goosery.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    oh, also new changelist
    Falcon Assault Rifle
    - Damage increased from [215.0-268.8] to [279.2-349.0]

Javelin Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [795.0-993.7] to [1030.5-1288.1]
    - Encumbrance increased from [2.5-2.0] to [3.0-2.4]
    - Max spare ammo decreased from [9-19] to [5-15]

Wraith Shotgun
    - Damage increased from [83.1-103.9] to [89.5-111.9]

Paladin Heavy Pistol
    - Damage increased from [350.9-438.7] to [389.9-487.4]
    - Encumbrance increased from [1.0-0.5] to [1.5-0.9]

Talon Heavy Pistol
    - Damage increased from [72.1-90.1] to [86.5-108.1]

Geth Assault Rifle
    - Encumbrance decreased from [1.5-0.9] to [1.0-0.5]

Lift Grenade Power
    - Increased base damage from 450 to 500

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    I'm almost to the point where I'm too afraid to go any further since the ending is going to be such a let down. Everything so far has just been getting cooler and cooler after a bit of a slow start (and a sad lack of exploration) but the missions are really dramatic (both main missions and side missions) and I've been satisfied with the outcomes I've been able to achieve. I got incredibly frustrated with the Quarians though!
    Pull your fleets back you damned space idiots! I keep telling you to retreat, and you keep attacking. I don't care how great an oportunity this is for you, I needed that Geth Dreadnaught!

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    tbloxham wrote: »
    I'm almost to the point where I'm too afraid to go any further since the ending is going to be such a let down. Everything so far has just been getting cooler and cooler after a bit of a slow start (and a sad lack of exploration) but the missions are really dramatic (both main missions and side missions) and I've been satisfied with the outcomes I've been able to achieve. I got incredibly frustrated with the Quarians though!
    Pull your fleets back you damned space idiots! I keep telling you to retreat, and you keep attacking. I don't care how great an oportunity this is for you, I needed that Geth Dreadnaught!

Don't. I did the same thing, took me weeks to beat an amazing game because I let the naysayers and screamers talk me out of it. It's worth beating, do it. Yes the ending has some unsatisfying parts, but everything leading up to that very very ending point (literally the last five minutes) is brilliant, and for me even the last five minutes didn't taint the entire experience.

• Options
    Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    If it makes you feel any better Orca, (and if I am not confusing other posts with yours) I can agree with your position, and still think that failed execution of the ending is a Very Bad Thing. As in it should not have happened this way. This is not good speculation, this is the very bad I feel like I got fucked over thing.

The analogy I have been using for this whole fiasco boils down to this. I had 3 batches of grapes. The first 2 were pretty damn good with the occasional sour one in the mix. On my 3rd batch all the grapes have been the best grapes I have had in years, but my last 3 grapes end up being the sourest, most bitter grapes I have ever had. It does not make the grapes beforehand any less delicious. It just means that my last experience was by far the worst and that means im not buying any grapes for a long time because of that memory.

Ending stuff
    The sad thing is that I liked the concept of the Green Ending. I really did. With the information I had available it was the only choice, the reapers had to go, period. I could not just let the geth or edi be destroyed either. In this I think the writers succeeded. If this was one of several substantially different endings it would have been great. With that said, so many others have written about what went wrong and explained it better than I could have ever done that I have nothing else to add.

Blood Drive on
  • Options

The ending really isn't that bad. It isn't great, but it's not the abomination the uproar would make you think it is.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    ...I love the Javelin. This makes it better.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    gjaustin wrote: »

The ending really isn't that bad. It isn't great, but it's not the abomination the uproar would make you think it is.

Well, I disagree with that first part. I do think it is that bad, but as Gnometank said, just the (literally) last 5 minutes. Everything in the game leading up to it is wonderful, one of the best games I've ever played. Even most of the actual ending sequence is fine. Not good, for sure, but thematically, where it seemed to be going was perfectly fine, if not a tad disappointing. Up to the point that there is probably the one of the most powerful moments in the entire series; but I won't spoil that.

And then? Yeah. I wish I could go Eternal Sunshine and get rid of just that 5 minutes and have the game end at that one point. It still would have been somewhat unsatisfying, but it would have been more powerful, more appropriate and made "everyone speculates" be less about "oh god why is it so bad" and more "well what do you think happened next?".

• Options

Exactly. The signal to noise ratio is stupid high about this ending. It's not a great ending, that's not in dispute, but if you listen to half the stuff posted, you'd think it killed someones puppy. Beat the game, it's totally a great ride.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Did we ever find out what the green cupcakes look like since the red and blue ones have the paragon and renegade symbols?

• Options
    If it makes you feel any better Orca, (and if I am not confusing other posts with yours) I can agree with your position, and still think that failed execution of the ending is a Very Bad Thing. As in it should not have happened this way. This is not good speculation, this is the very bad I feel like I got fucked over thing.

The analogy I have been using for this whole fiasco boils down to this. I had 3 batches of grapes. The first 2 were pretty damn good with the occasional sour one in the mix. On my 3rd batch all the grapes have been the best grapes I have had in years, but my last 3 grapes end up being the sourest, most bitter grapes I have ever had. It does not make the grapes beforehand any less delicious. It just means that my last experience was by far the worst and that means im not buying any grapes for a long time because of that memory.

Unless those last 3 grapes gave you salmonella, I just don't see this point of view at all.

And the ending didn't do that.

Which is why I'm a proud member of the few, the proud, the Bad Opinion Brigade. REPRESENT.

• Options
    Don't worry Orca, I'm a proud member of the Bad Opinion Brigade as well.

• Options

Well, I disagree with that first part. I do think it is that bad, but as Gnometank said, just the (literally) last 5 minutes. Everything in the game leading up to it is wonderful, one of the best games I've ever played. Even most of the actual ending sequence is fine. Not good, for sure, but thematically, where it seemed to be going was perfectly fine, if not a tad disappointing. Up to the point that there is probably the one of the most powerful moments in the entire series; but I won't spoil that.

And then? Yeah. I wish I could go Eternal Sunshine and get rid of just that 5 minutes and have the game end at that one point. It still would have been somewhat unsatisfying, but it would have been more powerful, more appropriate and made "everyone speculates" be less about "oh god why is it so bad" and more "well what do you think happened next?".

I seem to remember liking the ending of Eternal Sunshine...

• Options

Unless those last 3 grapes gave you salmonella, I just don't see this point of view at all.

And the ending didn't do that.

Which is why I'm a proud member of the few, the proud, the Bad Opinion Brigade. REPRESENT.

This I definitely agree with. The ending did not ruin what came before. It's still 99% the most amazing game I've ever played.

• Options

I seem to remember liking the ending of Eternal Sunshine...

What? Yes, Eternal Sunshine is one of my favorite movies.

I mean the memory erasing part. :P