As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Operation Beachhead Next Weekend. Fun in the sun? MARK SPOILERS

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Woo, finally beat gold! Probably would have been easier with a class I actually like, unlike the soldier, and a weapon that's not crap, unlike the first-level geth shotgun. Still, it went well.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    No you do not get to grab kill brutes.

Not even if you're krogan.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I enjoy Raptor + Marksman.

pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Woo, finally beat gold! Probably would have been easier with a class I actually like, unlike the soldier, and a weapon that's not crap, unlike the first-level geth shotgun. Still, it went well.

Geth on Firebase White is really really really easy on Gold.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Phantoms are definitely immune to grab kills, yes. I learned this the hard way.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    So one thing that bothered me about ME3.
    No major Thorian callback. I got an e-mail from Shiala that basically said that, "I think I'm still indoctrinated, but me and the Feros crew are still kicking Reaper ass because of what the Thorian did to us."

WHY ARE WE NOT STUDYING THIS EFFECT? Indoctrination is one of the most powerful tools the Reapers have; it's way more important than their Thanix cannons. So hey, let's just not try to counter it. Just to be fair to the godlike genocide monsters.

I really don't want to get back into the endgame fight, but they said that in certain builds, they had Shepard fighting indoctrination... the Thorian gave them an out.

But the whole plot hook was just left hanging on the wall. One of my larger complaints. I wonder if Drew K had intended to use it that way.
    Possibly because everyone who studies indoctrination gets indoctrinated.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Aww, the Premium Veteran packs are gone :(

I KNOW! I loved those things. 10% more for double uncommons and an (in my experience) okay shot at a gold or more?

Glad I grabbed some while I could, hopefully this sets a precedent and there'll be more awesome variations. The "equipment pack" never caught my eye, but I bought the shit out of the premium Veterans.

And now I have 8 pages to catch up on and see what else develops in terms of Cupcakes, this weekend's event and quads.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    I kinda like doing gold on the Tuchanka map. There's lots of room to run.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Bioware totes deserves more than cupcakes though, I want to give everyone who works for Bioware a hug

Basil wrote: »

Yep. Until you have to hack the upload right out in the middle of the entire map.....

• Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    joshgotro wrote: »
    I was pleasantly surprised to learn that you can perform grab kills on Pyros. I assume Primes, Atlases, and Banshees are immune. How about brutes, ravagers, or phantoms?

Same. No "boss" enemies can be grabbed.

Pretty sure I killed a phantom last night with a grab. I do not however know if its shields were up a the time.

Blood Drive on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »

I KNOW! I loved those things. 10% more for double uncommons and an (in my experience) okay shot at a gold or more?

Glad I grabbed some while I could, hopefully this sets a precedent and there'll be more awesome variations. The "equipment pack" never caught my eye, but I bought the shit out of the premium Veterans.

And now I have 8 pages to catch up on and see what else develops in terms of Cupcakes, this weekend's event and quads.

It was 8 pages of more ending arguing. There are no updates on any of those things.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    No major Thorian callback. I got an e-mail from Shiala that basically said that, "I think I'm still indoctrinated, but me and the Feros crew are still kicking Reaper ass because of what the Thorian did to us."

WHY ARE WE NOT STUDYING THIS EFFECT? Indoctrination is one of the most powerful tools the Reapers have; it's way more important than their Thanix cannons. So hey, let's just not try to counter it. Just to be fair to the godlike genocide monsters.

I really don't want to get back into the endgame fight, but they said that in certain builds, they had Shepard fighting indoctrination... the Thorian gave them an out.

But the whole plot hook was just left hanging on the wall. One of my larger complaints. I wonder if Drew K had intended to use it that way.

Let's be honest, ME1's plot elements were not effectively carried over to the rest of the trilogy. The Geth/Quarian kerfuffle and the Genophage were background material only revealed as part of enormous chunks of ME1 dialogue delivered by Mister and Miss Plot Exposition. Yet they have become driving forces by the time ME2 rolls around.

Fairchild on
    edited March 2012

Yep. Until you have to hack the upload right out in the middle of the entire map.....

That is my chief misgiving about the map, yes. Hacking there is always interesting on wave ten.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    I was pleasantly surprised to learn that you can perform grab kills on Pyros. I assume Primes, Atlases, and Banshees are immune. How about brutes, ravagers, or phantoms?

Pretty sure I killed a phantom last night with a grab. I do not however know if its shields were up a the time.
    Shields shouldn't matter. They don't on Pyros or Hunters.

Forar wrote: »

It was 8 pages of more ending arguing. There are no updates on any of those things.

That one guy flipping his shit was pretty good, though.

9KmX8eN.jpg

That is my chief misgiving about the map, yes. Hacking there is always interesting on wave ten.

Specially when no one is running Infiltrator.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Firebase Dagger is my favorite (Also like Firebase White because it has plenty of room for maneuvering during Wave 11). Firebase Glacier is my least favorite.

Bless your heart.
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Firebase Dagger is my favorite (Also like Firebase White because it has plenty of room for maneuvering during Wave 11). Firebase Glacier is my least favorite.

I'm a sucker for dish. I love dish.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

Glacier is good for vanguard spam. Even on higher difficulty levels, it actually helps to have more vanguards because everything gets all bunched up and you can just chain stun/nova the shit out of everything.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

The two basic infiltrator builds are shotgun/melee and sniper, yes?

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I can never keep track of what all the names are. I hate the really dark one that is like a fuel depot or something. And Firebase Giant (that one I actually remember)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282

I have the names confused in my head, it was the sniper rifle carrying one. Not the murder needle blade through the chest one.

Also, i finally got grabbed by a banshee and had an actual camera angle that didn't suck. You should just stay dead with half your face missing.

• EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Whichever one is the damn squirrely underground one...

Reactor?

yeah, that map can kiss my ass

I have a GPS and a Paladin and...

nope, that's it

sigh, on my last (of 2) MP wipes, I lost a revenant and a scorpion. I was sad about the scorpion

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »

Let's be honest, ME1's plot elements were not effectively carried over to the rest of the trilogy. The Geth/Quarian kerfuffle and the Genophage were background material only revealed as part of enormous chunks of ME1 dialogue delivered by Mister and Miss Plot Exposition. Yet they have become driving forces by the time ME2 rolls around.

Well the Genophage showed up in a big way at the end of ME1.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular

Wait, what do you mean grab?

Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    jeddy lee wrote: »

The "over a wall stab in the neck instant kill of doomy death"

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Reactor sucks because of how the spawning is. Enemies can sit there in spawn ABOVE objectives and just shoot you from there. I've been killed so many times by Geth Rocket Troopers that just sit up by the ceiling shooting directly down on me. (One time i had like 3 of them doing it ;_;)

Bless your heart.
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular

Which is why us snipers have to be there to provide cover fire.

Seriously, I didn't expect to love this multiplayer this much. Now that I roll with three friends with diverse classes, and we all fill a roll, it's awesome.

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Tenek wrote: »
    The Arrival has a lot of problems. For one, it makes no sense. Second, it's actually more important than the suicide mission against the Collectors. Third, it was basically a poorly written excuse to erase Shepard's accomplishments in ME2 and bring him back to earth. Finally, it had no real consequences either.

The problem isn't Cerberus being the bad guys again, the problem is that they serve as filler or convenient plot devices even when it doesn't make much sense. It's like whenever they can't think of who Shepard should fight in a particular mission, they bring in Cerberus. Why is Cerberus there and doing all those terrible things?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyYOuuRmQp0

The problem with Kai Leng is that they don't develop him at all, I guess because he's in the books, and gives him such a huge part in the game.
    The only reason he exists is so he can show up and make Shepard look like a fool. It's just idiotic how Shepard, the most badass soldier in the galaxy, can be outwitted and outfought by some random guy you've never heard of or seen before.

I'm not sure how it doesn't make sense. Stop the Reapers from instant victory over completely unprepared opponents, ok. Sounds good to me.

The biggest problem with The Arrival is why would the Reaper artifact give information on a top secret Reaper plan? It might make sense if it instantly indoctrinated people but it didn't. It was the regular type of indoctrination that took place over a long period of time. The Reaper's entire plan to use the Alpha Relay was sabotaged by their own decision to include information about the Alpha Relay in the device, which allowed Kenson to come up with a plan to stop it and complete 99.9% of it before she was fully indoctrinated. If Kenson had only been able to resist indoctrination for an extra 5 minutes, they wouldn't have even needed Shepard.

There are also other parts that make no sense like why Kenson would tell Shepard about the Arrival when she was trying to prevent him from stopping it. Why Kenson didn't just shut down the power instead of trying to overload the reactor. Why she didn't sabotage the plan earlier.
    More important?... Maybe, I'm not sure. I guess it depends what the consequences of a Collector victory would have been.

That's part of the problem isn't it? We don't actually know if the Collectors were important at all to the Reapers.

However, EDI did say that the human Reaper was essentially still a fetus, that it would still take millions of people to complete it, and the Collectors have already been working on it for years, it's highly unlikely they would have been able to complete it before the Reapers arrived. Then The Arrival revealed that the Reapers were already on their way without help from the Collectors.

What could their significance have been? They weren't going to help the Reapers get to the galaxy since the Reapers were already on their way. The Reaper they were constructing wouldn't have been completed before the Reapers arrived. Even if they are able to build Reapers, is it really going to make that big of a difference for the galaxy to be invaded by 10,001 Reapers instead of 10,000 Reapers?
    I don't think it erased any of Shepard's accomplishments, and I would have been totally ok with the trial and subsequent interruption. Also note that it was fun, and the Object Rho fight was very well done. If we're going to slam it for that we might as well toss the entirety of ME2 in the mid-stage muddling about category.

The Arrival revealed that the Reapers were coming without the Collector's help. It broke up the team you gathered for the suicide mission, which makes that whole scene after the end showing the team preparing for the next fight while Shepard gets a pad with info on Harbinger pointless since that whole scene pretty much implies that they were preparing for the fight against the Reapers. It completely ruins Shepard's reputation, which just give another excuse for all the Reaper deniers out there to keep their heads underground.

It's also rather convenient that they didn't bother taking any pictures, videos, or scans of the Collector base and the human Reaper to bring back as proof of the Reaper threat. Not to mention how Shepard could have given everyone info on how to go beyond the Omega 4 Relay to the Collector base where they could see for themselves what the Collectors were working on, all the derelict ships from ages past, and gather tech to help fight the Reapers.
    Cerberus doesn't have to be particularly inscrutable or confusing either:
    They want human dominance and are busy trying to a) keep the other races down and b) stop the destruction of the Reapers, who they want to control. Plus that bit about the Protheans failing to build/use the Crucible - someone always tries to undermine the project. Works for me.

Not that anyone really gets a ton of development, but one defense of Kai Leng is that without him, Cerberus is TIM and mooks. That's it. Even the Zerg had more sentients than that.
    The main point of the game is about the fight against the Reapers and yet you fight Cerberus far more often.

As for Cerberus wanting to achieve human supremacy and take over the Reapers, what exactly was their plan? Were they planning to do it without the Crucible? Were they planning to build the Crucible themselves? How? Where would they get the resources and manpower? How were they planning to transport the Crucible to the Citadel? It took the united force of the galaxy to punch through, did Cerberus have those forces? How would spreading infighting among the other races help their cause considering how it'll just make the Reapers stronger? Did they even have a plan?

How come no one in the game asks these questions? Why does everyone else just brush off all these nonsensical actions by Cerberus by just saying, "well, they're evil," instead of actually investigating it? If they couldn't find any logical answers then it would be obvious that TIM has been indoctrinated since everything he does helps the Reapers.

xx
    Mr Pink wrote: »

Seriously, I didn't expect to love this multiplayer this much. Now that I roll with three friends with diverse classes, and we all fill a roll, it's awesome.

I've never been a fan of Horde modes in general. Until this. Now I don't ever need to play PvP multiplayer ever again. I have too much fun playing this.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    Did they ever explain how the Citadel was going to do that thing in ME1?
    That thing being "warp all the Reapers from Dark Space to the Citadel." There's (apparently) no Mass Relay in Dark Space, so no gate at all on their end. So was the Citadel just going to be straight-up teleporting them or what? And would it have just simultaneously grabbed every Reaper in existence or fired them out one at a time? If the Reapers had magical teleportation technology that doesn't need a gate on both ends, why didn't they have any kind of back-up? Why wasn't Sovereign or the Collectors or whoever tasked with setting up a second teleporter? How come nobody on the Citadel ever noticed technology of that magnitude (especially since the Mass Relay's lesser form of transportation requires utterly massive Eezo cores)? Yeah, you're not supposed to mess with stuff there because of the Keepers, but that didn't stop Chorban and I doubt he's alone.

Also, any pics of the green cupcakes yet?

edited March 2012

If you are "in" cover and an enemy is close enough you get a little fist symbol. If you hit your melee attack at that point you grab there bitch ass and one hit kill them. This works from standing or sitting positions. Ive only seen the icon from a standing position twice, its really hard to get them when the window of opportunity is so small.

Blood Drive on
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Hmm, I finally unlocked Asari Adept yesterday, and I'm thinking of how to build it. Anyone have any standards? I'm thinking stasis bubble is the "go to" ability for Silver+(does pull trigger detonations with stasis'd enemies?), and in practice it seems like warp/pull is too hefty to use(recharge/travel time, dodgebots, etc.) even with the +100% biotic explosion bonus.

xx
    Mr Pink wrote: »

I've never been a fan of Horde modes in general. Until this. Now I don't ever need to play PvP multiplayer ever again. I have too much fun playing this.

This game and Monster Hunter Tri share the same sentiment of awesomeness. You are a team to fight horrible creations and the only way you get to win is for everyone to win. Its (for me) the best kind of multiplayer.

• DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    Lets introduce a villain in a book we outsourced to some guy.

Surely this will titillate the fans.

Yeah this is pretty much the only thing in the main game (i.e. not ending) that really didn't sit well with me.

They wanted so hard for Kai Leng to be a "badass" and he just never was. He was weak, flimsy and they tried way too hard to make him seem like a threat and it just didn't work. He was never threatening, he was comically "badass" and every scene he was in was just annoying because it required plot armor to make him a "threat", and not anything he ever did and said.

He was such a bad character.

He didn't strike me as that bad a character. Everything about him made me hate him, but I thought I was supposed to hate him
    That also made it so much more satisfying to renegade interrupt him

"That's for Thane and Miranda you son of a bitch!"

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Tenek wrote: »
    The Arrival has a lot of problems. For one, it makes no sense. Second, it's actually more important than the suicide mission against the Collectors. Third, it was basically a poorly written excuse to erase Shepard's accomplishments in ME2 and bring him back to earth. Finally, it had no real consequences either.

The problem isn't Cerberus being the bad guys again, the problem is that they serve as filler or convenient plot devices even when it doesn't make much sense. It's like whenever they can't think of who Shepard should fight in a particular mission, they bring in Cerberus. Why is Cerberus there and doing all those terrible things?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyYOuuRmQp0

The problem with Kai Leng is that they don't develop him at all, I guess because he's in the books, and gives him such a huge part in the game.
    The only reason he exists is so he can show up and make Shepard look like a fool. It's just idiotic how Shepard, the most badass soldier in the galaxy, can be outwitted and outfought by some random guy you've never heard of or seen before.

I'm not sure how it doesn't make sense. Stop the Reapers from instant victory over completely unprepared opponents, ok. Sounds good to me.

The biggest problem with The Arrival is why would the Reaper artifact give information on a top secret Reaper plan? It might make sense if it instantly indoctrinated people but it didn't. It was the regular type of indoctrination that took place over a long period of time. The Reaper's entire plan to use the Alpha Relay was sabotaged by their own decision to include information about the Alpha Relay in the device, which allowed Kenson to come up with a plan to stop it and complete 99.9% of it before she was fully indoctrinated. If Kenson had only been able to resist indoctrination for an extra 5 minutes, they wouldn't have even needed Shepard.

There are also other parts that make no sense like why Kenson would tell Shepard about the Arrival when she was trying to prevent him from stopping it. Why Kenson didn't just shut down the power instead of trying to overload the reactor. Why she didn't sabotage the plan earlier.
    More important?... Maybe, I'm not sure. I guess it depends what the consequences of a Collector victory would have been.

That's part of the problem isn't it? We don't actually know if the Collectors were important at all to the Reapers.

However, EDI did say that the human Reaper was essentially still a fetus, that it would still take millions of people to complete it, and the Collectors have already been working on it for years, it's highly unlikely they would have been able to complete it before the Reapers arrived. Then The Arrival revealed that the Reapers were already on their way without help from the Collectors.

What could their significance have been? They weren't going to help the Reapers get to the galaxy since the Reapers were already on their way. The Reaper they were constructing wouldn't have been completed before the Reapers arrived. Even if they are able to build Reapers, is it really going to make that big of a difference for the galaxy to be invaded by 10,001 Reapers instead of 10,000 Reapers?
    I don't think it erased any of Shepard's accomplishments, and I would have been totally ok with the trial and subsequent interruption. Also note that it was fun, and the Object Rho fight was very well done. If we're going to slam it for that we might as well toss the entirety of ME2 in the mid-stage muddling about category.

The Arrival revealed that the Reapers were coming without the Collector's help. It broke up the team you gathered for the suicide mission, which makes that whole scene after the end showing the team preparing for the next fight while Shepard gets a pad with info on Harbinger pointless since that whole scene pretty much implies that they were preparing for the fight against the Reapers. It completely ruins Shepard's reputation, which just give another excuse for all the Reaper deniers out there to keep their heads underground.

It's also rather convenient that they didn't bother taking any pictures, videos, or scans of the Collector base and the human Reaper to bring back as proof of the Reaper threat. Not to mention how Shepard could have given everyone info on how to go beyond the Omega 4 Relay to the Collector base where they could see for themselves what the Collectors were working on, all the derelict ships from ages past, and gather tech to help fight the Reapers.
    Cerberus doesn't have to be particularly inscrutable or confusing either:
    They want human dominance and are busy trying to a) keep the other races down and b) stop the destruction of the Reapers, who they want to control. Plus that bit about the Protheans failing to build/use the Crucible - someone always tries to undermine the project. Works for me.

Not that anyone really gets a ton of development, but one defense of Kai Leng is that without him, Cerberus is TIM and mooks. That's it. Even the Zerg had more sentients than that.
    The main point of the game is about the fight against the Reapers and yet you fight Cerberus far more often.

As for Cerberus wanting to achieve human supremacy and take over the Reapers, what exactly was their plan? Were they planning to do it without the Crucible? Were they planning to build the Crucible themselves? How? Where would they get the resources and manpower? How were they planning to transport the Crucible to the Citadel? It took the united force of the galaxy to punch through, did Cerberus have those forces? How would spreading infighting among the other races help their cause considering how it'll just make the Reapers stronger? Did they even have a plan?

How come no one in the game asks these questions? Why does everyone else just brush off all these nonsensical actions by Cerberus by just saying, "well, they're evil," instead of actually investigating it? If they couldn't find any logical answers then it would be obvious that TIM has been indoctrinated since everything he does helps the Reapers.

Well, ME3 offers some hints on the point of Rho:
    Helps agents prepare for the arrival of the Reapers - in the case of the batarians, it worked and they got wiped out immediately because their leaders were indoctrinated by the Leviathan.

So with Arrival, it serves as bait - in order to stop the Reapers, you need the information, but you can only obtain it by allowing yourself to be indoctrinated, at which point you won't want to use it anymore. Kenson tells you because she's not completely gone (contrast the prisoners on Virmire) but the artifact has managed to seed enough doubts in her mind to stop her from finishing the job (teach the controversy!)

Also, overload > power down because once the asteroid starts moving, powering down will leave it on a collision course for the relay, it'll just take a smidge longer to get there.

And OK, the Collector motivations are a bit unclear. Oh well. Maybe it would have been able to take over the Citadel à la Sovereign.

Cerberus:
    I don't think the Crucible was really supposed to be part of their plan. They just wanted to figure out a way to control the Reapers via some method. Who knows what. Worked on Shepard. If you can get one of them, the others get a lot easier.

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I think one of the reasons why people were so upset about the ending was because they were willing to ignore a lot of the other problems and plot holes since they were expecting an ending that would compensate for that.

People were willing to ignore the stupidity of having the game begin following the stupid Arrival DLC. They were willing to ignore the pointlessness of the nonsensical Cerberus stuff. They were willing to ignore their clumsy attempt to push Kai Leng on us as some kind of badass villain that we're supposed to be afraid of. They were willing to ignore the idiocy of the Reapers.
    They were willing to ignore the fact that the main plot of ME2 was unnecessary. They were willing to ignore the huge plot hole in the final battle where the Reapers took over the Citadel and brought it to earth.
    All because they were expecting an ending that would make up for all those problems.

So people who hated everything made Mass Effect, Mass Effect, were willing to overlook all that because the ending might make up for a series they obviously didn't like anything about? Wut?

If you think that plot holes, idiotic or pointless plot elements, and poorly written villains are what make Mass Effect, Mass Effect, then yes.

Otherwise, you've missed the point of my post, which was that people were willing to overlook some obvious flaws in the series because they were expecting it to be worth it to stick it out to the end. However, the ending ruined all that.

I can't imagine sitting through a series of any medium where I find that much flaw and going "Yes, but the ending, THE ENDING, it's going to make all these glaring flaws I see totally worth it".

Alright, so lets just agree that Mass Effect in its entirety is terrible, but we should enjoy the whole thing anyway and keep playing it since we should be able to suppress our feelings.

I'm really not sure of your point. Honestly I disagree with the three or four posters here that like the ending, but it's their right to like what they want and I'm not going to contest that. For all your complaining about vitriol, you seem to spend the most effort telling people that they are wrong and they should think as you do

Maybe you need to look up the word vitriol. It's not vitriolic to point out the logical fallacy of "I didn't like really anything about this game or series, but I really thought the ending would fix that for me".

Except I never said that I didn't like anything about the game or series. I was simply pointing out the fact that the series has a lot of flaws that people tend to overlook. If you don't think those flaws exist or that people overlook them, you can try to refute that. I was speculating on why people overlooked those flaws and how the ending brings all that up to the surface.

It's kind of like having a meal at a restaurant. The meal may not be perfect, the restaurant might not have the specific drink you wanted, the appetizer might have been a little salty, the service might have been a little slow, etc. But you're willing to overlook those problems if the meal itself is generally good. However, if something really bad happens at the end of the meal like if you find a cockroach in your desert, you'll be reminded much more of all those problems that you were willing to ignore before. When you look back at it, you're probably not going to think, "the meal was good except for that roach in the dessert," you're going to think of all the things that went wrong.

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Hmm, I finally unlocked Asari Adept yesterday, and I'm thinking of how to build it. Anyone have any standards? I'm thinking stasis bubble is the "go to" ability for Silver+(does pull trigger detonations with stasis'd enemies?), and in practice it seems like warp/pull is too hefty to use(recharge/travel time, dodgebots, etc.) even with the +100% biotic explosion bonus.

Full Stasis (Bubble), full Warp, full Throw, full Fitness. Forget Asari Justicar; the only thing you gain from that tree is extra power damage and weight capacity. And honestly? It's not your power damage that's doing the bulk of the work for you -- it's Stasis Bubble and Biotic Explosions. Weight Capacity isn't big either, since a Predator will give you a 200% recharge time with absolutely nothing invested in Asari Justicar. If you team up with other biotics, you can do absolutely incredible shit, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqkjzpPZz4A

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

If you are "in" cover and an enemy is close enough you get a little fist symbol. If you hit your melee attack at that point you grab there bitch ass and one hit kill them. This works from standing or sitting positions. Ive only seen the icon from a standing position twice, its really hard to get them when the window of opportunity is so small.

There's a little crate in one of the lower level areas of Firebase Glacier where the ramps, the large set of stairs and the smaller set of stairs all funnel into, and on silver you can sit there with someone else standing in the doorway and Geth will literally funnel into grab kills as they walk past that crate to chase the guy that they see sitting in the door behind you. I've gotten a gold on melee with an engineer doing nothing but grabs in one match.