As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Take My [Chat] Away!

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Just beer bonged a double

STILL GOT IT!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I am off home, to listen to the SCOTUS audio. See you all later!

Actually, I'm worried enough that I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I am off home, to listen to the SCOTUS audio. See you all later!

Actually, I'm worried enough that I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it.

Ah, that's a good band.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    The Utøya camp is tomorrow.

Couple of people are talking to each other on facebook status update comments.

More than a little heartbreaking to read about how they're struggling with moving on.

But they're going back, atleast.

ftOqU21.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey drew me something that is completely inscrutable but I don't want to break our 30 game streak!

I PICKED A SUPER HARD ONE

919UOwT.png
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    If there is one thing the West Wing plays to often it is when POTUS calls and an oblivious secretary goes "It's for you, someone named POTUS?".

Who doesn't know who POTUS is at this day and age.

PSN: Honkalot
    Honk wrote: »
    If there is one thing the West Wing plays to often it is when POTUS calls and an oblivious secretary goes "It's for you, someone named POTUS?".

I don't

ftOqU21.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

i don't know who this Potus guy is.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Just beer bonged a double

STILL GOT IT!
    Pshaw. Lightweight.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Desc you make me feel insecure about my drawings

Pish posh

Instead of worrying, just look at these pictures of Audrey Hepburn with her baby deer: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-O3JocyJair0/T0yzF1756VI/AAAAAAAAI_M/R-lYxYYAuoM/s1600/162999.jpg

Don't you feel better?

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oh god this beaut launches in May

*drool* 55inch LG OLED TV

EDIT its edge is 4mm thick!

vs01-09_11-34-44x1020_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

bloodyroarxx on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »

Pish posh

Instead of worrying, just look at these pictures of Audrey Hepburn with her baby deer: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-O3JocyJair0/T0yzF1756VI/AAAAAAAAI_M/R-lYxYYAuoM/s1600/162999.jpg

Don't you feel better?

:o

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I don't

In your defense you are not US.

tyrannus wrote: »
    Gooey drew me something that is completely inscrutable but I don't want to break our 30 game streak!

he drew me a picture of his stock portfolio and I thought he was drawing a water slide

i am up for the year!!!!

919UOwT.png
    Gooey wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »

he drew me a picture of his stock portfolio and I thought he was drawing a water slide

i am up for the year!!!!

i missed big though on one trade

like, i missed on 300% of upside by making my trade too early

hun

dred

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

919UOwT.png
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    I am so proud of my little brother for guessing the word Festivus

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    In my defense, they played this recently in season 7 again. And the oblivious secretary was working at a pretty high level of a presidential campaign...

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Oh, I haven't been keeping up with comics lately but I was wondering what was going on with the Marvel character Amadeus Cho. He's an Asian-American superhero whose super power is being really good at math. Ethnic cliche lolz but the last I heard of him, he teamed up with Hercules to beat up some gods.

• Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Pish posh

Don't you feel better?

I share Louis CK's opinion on deer.

No I've never seen a deer.

yGxvf.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Mazzyx My personal experience was with Ireland, where they also have a dual model of public providers and private hospitals. The public ones were basically a terrible ghetto option for the poors, and the good care needed to be purchased. Everyone who could afford it carried private health insurance out of their own pocket in addition to the universal public care, because they felt they needed it to actually get healthcare.

Ireland has overhauled their system recently as well. Part of becoming the Irish tiger. I am not describing a socialized hospital system, which exist in the US anyways, but a nationalized health insurance program. I am taking insurance out of the private sector where it has profit motive to limit and reject care to the public sector where its priority is the health of the patient.

The Swiss system is interesting because it doesn't remove private insurance but makes it have minimum requirements and to be sold not for profit.

I was there from '01 - '05, the height of the Celtic Tiger. It was shit healthcare. Doesn't' the system in the Netherlands also have the same private insurance system with minimum care and low-cost plan requirements?

As someone who lives here now, it's pretty still pretty awful.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    9eMER.jpg

obF2Wuw.png

Pish posh

Don't you feel better?

Wait what, never?

ftOqU21.png
    Tav wrote: »
    @Mazzyx My personal experience was with Ireland, where they also have a dual model of public providers and private hospitals. The public ones were basically a terrible ghetto option for the poors, and the good care needed to be purchased. Everyone who could afford it carried private health insurance out of their own pocket in addition to the universal public care, because they felt they needed it to actually get healthcare.

Ireland has overhauled their system recently as well. Part of becoming the Irish tiger. I am not describing a socialized hospital system, which exist in the US anyways, but a nationalized health insurance program. I am taking insurance out of the private sector where it has profit motive to limit and reject care to the public sector where its priority is the health of the patient.

The Swiss system is interesting because it doesn't remove private insurance but makes it have minimum requirements and to be sold not for profit.

I was there from '01 - '05, the height of the Celtic Tiger. It was shit healthcare. Doesn't' the system in the Netherlands also have the same private insurance system with minimum care and low-cost plan requirements?

moral of the story: don't trust the irish to do anything but dark beer right.

ftOqU21.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @spool32

Nice breakdown of some of the insurance systems from News Hour. Including the Netherlands. Netherlands current program sounds very similar to ACA. There is a mandate. But it is hard to keep prices down and not have one due to how insurance pools work. I think that is the biggest part, either everyone pays into one pool(national insurance) or are required to buy insurance thus the healthy subsidize the sick and when they are sick their care is subsidized by those who are now healthy. I think this is an important aspect we forget.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/globalhealth/july-dec09/insurance_1006.html

u7stthr17eud.png
    I sneaked up on a deer once. In clogs. It noticed me when I was standing a foot behind it, just turned its head around and froze.

And I was like "u lucky I nice guy and not hunter" and then it bolted away.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

we're not awful at whiskey or beating our wives either

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    9eMER.jpg

I let out a really tiny squeal.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

isn't this how the first episode starts and then it never happens again?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I sneaked up on a deer once. In clogs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETMhq9RSXzY

we're not awful at whiskey or beating our wives either

I don't think I've ever had irish whiskey. I cannot comment.

ftOqU21.png
    Variable wrote: »

Nope. First episode, s7e10 or thereabout. And at least two times in between.

http://healthcare-economist.com/2008/04/18/health-care-around-the-world-norway/

This is one way to do it

just like

nudge nudge wink wink

ftOqU21.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

Nope. First episode, s7e10 or thereabout. And at least two times in between.

huh, I must have just ignored it or something. that is strange. I think it makes sense at the start of the show but after that I'm not sure what they're going for.

oh right I only watched the first 4 seasons. derrrr.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Oh, god, comments to that

"Hey, if it was free, I'd wait 4 months for a hip replacement, too"

"but the thing is, it isn’t free, you’ll be paying for your hip replacement through your taxes. Heck, you’ll be helping to pay for someone else’s hip replacement too!"

is it wrong for me to want to make soup of the last guy's bones and use it to feed the poor

ftOqU21.png
    edited March 2012
    There are a couple of semi-tame foxes in the neighborhood too.

You can get within about 20 meters of them before they start to wander off.

Honk on

This is one way to do it

just like

nudge nudge wink wink

I would say the Netherlands and Swiss have a better chance in the US. Or developing medicare for all ages which would be closer to your system.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular

Pish posh

Don't you feel better?

Wait what, never?

Never. Along with snow, oaks and other things you find in the north.

yGxvf.png

This is one way to do it

just like

nudge nudge wink wink

I would say the Netherlands and Swiss have a better chance in the US. Or developing medicare for all ages which would be closer to your system.

What's medicare? Just free health care or?

ftOqU21.png
    Oh, god, comments to that

"Hey, if it was free, I'd wait 4 months for a hip replacement, too"

"but the thing is, it isn’t free, you’ll be paying for your hip replacement through your taxes. Heck, you’ll be helping to pay for someone else’s hip replacement too!"

is it wrong for me to want to make soup of the last guy's bones and use it to feed the poor

Well if it is part of your taxes he is right. He is forgetting that when he needs help the person who needed the hip replacement is paying for his medical care. Because that is how insurance works. You pay in to subsidize those using it when you are sick, and they do the same for you.

Hell that is what they do in the states, there just is a 30% cut off the top and a lot less access.

u7stthr17eud.png

Pish posh

Don't you feel better?

Wait what, never?

Never. Along with snow, oaks and other things you find in the north.

you've never seen snow?!

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.