As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, why is he only level 4? Dude should be level, like, 1000.

Don't forget to save him to Mii Maker.

Houn on
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    My Reggie was level 5, guess he's gaining experience!

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Why do I never get any of these special Mii's?

I'm still not sure exactly how the whole thing works. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My Reggie was level 5! Of course, I used him to buy a potion to bring back 3 level 7's.... :D

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Got my Reggie, and a pink Rhythm Heaven piece. I didn't have that puzzle yet. Whee.

He also had two more puzzles that I don't have started...I know one is Mario Kart but I'm not sure what the other one is.

He was level 5 in Find Mii II but a mummy scared him away. Boo! :x

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    Can anyone explain to me the exact requirements/circumstances needed to get said reggie mii?

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    b1rdman wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me the exact requirements/circumstances needed to get said reggie mii?

Have Spotpass turned on for Streetpass Mii Plaza.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    @b1rdman

1) Make sure your wireless swtich is on, you will find it on the right side of the device, it has a lime greenish light when it is on.
    2) Make sure you have internet connection, on the upper left of the top screen, it will say "Internet," and you should see bars.
    3) Enter the Streetpass Plaza, if this is your first time, it will ask you some questions. The important one is if you want to activate SpotPass for this title, you certainly do! If it does not prompt you, check the options/settings in the Plaza, I think SpotPass on/off is in there.
    4) That should be it. It may or may not help if you close the Plaza from the main menu and close your 3DS. Ensure that the blue led is slowly pulsing, that indicates Street/Spot pass is on while in sleep mode.

Neurotika on
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    Welp, I went to save Reggie to Mii Maker before I got a puzzle piece/find Mii and now he's gone from the plaza. So I guess DO NOT save Reggie BEFORE collecting a puzzle piece/Find Mii1,2.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Wait, does he disappear after you exit the streetpass hub?

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    How do you save him to the Mii Maker?

I got him, did the whole Hi I'm Mark thing, then saw him with my other Mii's, then I went to Puzzle got my piece from him, then used him in Find Mii.

As for the Find Mii, anyone else find it weird that Reggie uses Brown Magic? I think it is a little racist

steam_sig.png
    He's. Uh. He's wearing a brown shirt.

• G0DG0D Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    He's wearing a brown shirt.

So now we're calling Reg a brownshirt. A stormtrooper. A Nazi!

I kid, but honestly Reggie, brown is not a flattering colour for you. But then again, neither are gold pants.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Reggie sent out his special gold pants Mii over SpotPass!

And he has EVERY PUZZLE PIECE! All the pink ones! And like 3 puzzles I don't have any pieces for! I grabbed a pink one off a mystery puzzle and it turned out to be Mario Kart 7.

Also he arrived just in time to finish off the Dark Lord in Find Mii 2! Reggie killed the last boss!

Is that by region? I got Iwata last week.

Gold pants? Made me think of: I put my pants on one leg at a time like everyone else. The only difference is, I make gold records...not sure why, but I'm laughing and don't care. hahaha

steam_sig.png
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

Yus.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    Peewi wrote: »
    Reggie sent out his special gold pants Mii over SpotPass!

And he has EVERY PUZZLE PIECE! All the pink ones! And like 3 puzzles I don't have any pieces for! I grabbed a pink one off a mystery puzzle and it turned out to be Mario Kart 7.

Also he arrived just in time to finish off the Dark Lord in Find Mii 2! Reggie killed the last boss!

I did not get Iwata

steam_sig.png
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So I saved Reggie to my Mii Maker or whatever and never got the puzzle piece or to use him in Find Mii. Seriously Nintendo? Why the hell can't you get this shit figured out? The 10 Mii limit is bad enough but this crap shouldn't happen.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    Doesn't it warn you that you can't use the Mii once you send it over?

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
    edited March 2012
    Dritz wrote: »

Nope. It will warn you if you try to go to Mii Plaza without using the Streetpass Miis, but it doesn't say anything about saving to Mii Maker erasing the Mii from the Mii Plaza and ruining any chances of using it in the games.

I hate this whole interface. I can't believe they actually updated it and still haven't fixed all the bullshit terrible design decisions like the 10 Streetpass limit or forcing you to use your Streetpasses right away after getting them.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    I would have never thought to transfer him first. I always hit up puzzle swap/Find Mii before I ever do anything with the Miis.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So, is anyone else playing The G.G. Shinobi?

Good lord, that is a tough game... I can't imagine trying to play it without the Restore Points...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    Anyone here play Metroid II on the GB? I somehow missed it in my youth. Does it stand the test of time like other GB games?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Anyone here play Metroid II on the GB? I somehow missed it in my youth. Does it stand the test of time like other GB games?

As someone who played through the beat the game more than ten times on my original Gameboy and still downloaded it to my 3DS, yes, I still think the game is fantastic.

It's very different though, and very linear, so expect that.

You hunt Metroids, then an earthquake happens that lets you journey deeper into the planet. Then you kill more, another earthquake etc etc. I love it.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited March 2012
    Metroid II is weird. It was the first Gameboy game I owned (not counting Tetris which just flat out came with it :P). At the time it was fantastic - it fixes a lot of the problems of Metroid 1 and introduced a ton of new powerups which have become staples of the series (Space Jump!!!). Now though? That's tough. The game itself is pretty ok, but it has some archaic design decisions that, after stuff like Super Metroid, will feel outdated. The Gameboy also severely works to its disadvange since the sprites are large and detailed, and the Gameboy screen... is not... The lack of colors also means most areas look the same, which can be annoying/confusing. Especially since the game actually reuses rooms (like Metroid 1) in more than a few situations. It's also oddly linear, which does help a little with the "getting lost" aspect, but feels weird for a Metroid game.

I don't know though, for like $3 or whatever they charge it's probably worth it, especially if you haven't played it before. I wish they would give the game the Zero Mission treatment though. It's a good game in theory, it just hasn't aged as well.

Edit: If you can stand to play Metroid 1 still, it holds up better than that. Personally I have a hard time going back to that game, it's *too* archaic :P

Warlock82 on
    Yea, that's true, Metroid II has the distinction of being the game that introduced most of the staples of the series now: Space Jump, Plasma Beam, Spider Ball, and probably something else.

It's also the game that started the major story arc that ran through the rest of the core series, Other M, Super Metroid, and Fusion. So it is a hugely important chapter in the series, but one that has a bad rap or is criminally overlooked.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    Yeah, it's a really important game in the series. Hence why they need to remake it :)

Granted, after Other M who the hell knows when we'll see another Metroid. I bet they're a bit gun-shy after how much of a flop that game was :P

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    If you can enjoy the original Metroid you'll love Metroid 2. You can crouch and shoot, that's all Metroid really needed.

I don't like it be described as linear like it's Megaman or something. It's more like a bunch of Norfairs linked together by an intestinal tract.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    agoaj wrote: »
    If you can enjoy the original Metroid you'll love Metroid 2. You can crouch and shoot, that's all Metroid really needed.

I don't like it be described as linear like it's Megaman or something. It's more like a bunch of Norfairs linked together by an intestinal tract.

Compared to every other Metroid game, it's linear :P I would say it's slightly more linear than Metroid Fusion, but probably close to that level.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Edit: If you can stand to play Metroid 1 still, it holds up better than that. Personally I have a hard time going back to that game, it's *too* archaic :P

No way.

If you can enjoy the original Metroid you'll love Metroid 2.

No way!

I hate Metroid 2. I really tried to like it, but it's terrible. Somebody thought it was a good idea to make a game with more wide open areas with a much tinier window on the world, black and white so you have no way to distinguish where you are, and added an item that lets you crawl over all the walls and ceiling just to make sure you get extra lost as you bomb every surface looking for a way to proceed.

ItIKf.png

Just terrible.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Dritz wrote: »

No. :( So I don't get to use him as a hero or get a puzzle piece?

Steam: offday
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Whenever I get a pass, I always compulsively use them for Find Mii 2 and puzzle pieces. Oh snap I just realized that you can now rehire Reggie for battle.

I wonder if you actually street-passed with the man, if you could level his Mii up further!

Warlock82 wrote: »

No way.

If you can enjoy the original Metroid you'll love Metroid 2.

No way!

I hate Metroid 2. I really tried to like it, but it's terrible. Somebody thought it was a good idea to make a game with more wide open areas with a much tinier window on the world, black and white so you have no way to distinguish where you are, and added an item that lets you crawl over all the walls and ceiling just to make sure you get extra lost as you bomb every surface looking for a way to proceed.

ItIKf.png

Just terrible.

But it's not like Metroid 1 where 90% of the rooms look identical and you have to bomb random walls and floors just to proceed (hope you know which ones!). That's honestly why I can't play Metroid 1 anymore. The game just spends too much effort *trying* to make you get lost.

I mean, the grayscale of Metroid 2 may be confusing at times, but it's not like Metroid 1 palette swaps all that often either. Most of the duplicate rooms use the same palettes too.

I'm not aware of any times Metroid 2 hides "the path" behind bombable walls either, though it has been awhile. There are probably a couple situations where you need to use the spider ball to go through invisible passages, but I seem to recall them being pretty good about at least showing, say, a Missile Tank sitting in the middle of a solid wall making it kind of obvious there is some way to get in there.

Metroid II is pretty easily navigatable. It's just several rooms/corridors, once you explore and kill the Metroids, an earthquake happens, then you just go down the hole that used to have lava. Rinse repeat until the game is over.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    The only difficult navigation part in Metroid II is the period in between the first and second earthquakes. Shit looks too similar and you might get a bit lost after you get the spider ball.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Finally beat Find Mii 1 for the first time... with the souped-up Mii from the EB Games demo station right next to my subway entrance. :-p

Now I can wear a classy crown instead of the Kirby hat that makes it look like he's pooping my Mii out.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    Metroid on head 4 life.

As it is slowly drained away.

• Drowning RabbitDrowning Rabbit New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Metroid on head 4 life.

I'm a pirate hat man myself.

I keep reading all these great ideas on how to use Reggi's Mii to great profit, like buying a potion and getting 3 level 7 Mii's? How does that work? I have seen SEVERAL posts about how he just ripped through monsters as well, but all I can attribute that to is luck.

Metroid on head 4 life.

I'm a pirate hat man myself.

I keep reading all these great ideas on how to use Reggi's Mii to great profit, like buying a potion and getting 3 level 7 Mii's? How does that work? I have seen SEVERAL posts about how he just ripped through monsters as well, but all I can attribute that to is luck.

Well, I already had 3 level 7 Mii's attack. I simply used Reggie to summon them back with a potion. Only possible in Find Mii II.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Drowning RabbitDrowning Rabbit New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Oh.... that makes much more sense. If I recall, Brown magic allows you to summon another Mii, hence my confusion.

This discussion has been closed.