As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Take My [Chat] Away!

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i got food poisoning in france one time

the lady at the pharmacy spoke cursory english and with my cursory french i was able to communicate taht i was throwing up every 30 minutes and i wanted to die

she gave me medicine that tasted like vanilla

it made me throw up more

919UOwT.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I am being a little unfair but seriously

my sister had a cold and like everyone was going all YOU ARE SICK GO GET SOME MEDICINE

it's the common cold you french farts

What kind of self respecting Scandinavian gets a problem from a cold

Lh96QHG.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

my sister had a cold and like everyone was going all YOU ARE SICK GO GET SOME MEDICINE

Why would you not take cold medicine, Abdhy? i'm trying to think of a reason i'd prefer to have a stuffy nose over not having a stuffy nose and i can't think of any.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    i got food poisoning in france one time

the lady at the pharmacy spoke cursory english and with my cursory french i was able to communicate taht i was throwing up every 30 minutes and i wanted to die

she gave me medicine that tasted like vanilla

it made me throw up more

Sorry but you are not fit to live.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

But Abd, it's important to always take antibiotics at all times.

That is the responsible thing to do.

PSN: Honkalot
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I

Want

Some

Ecstasy

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    @spool32 It's a little different when your temperatures are hitting 20 degrees above your average high than when they're hitting 40 degrees above your average high.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    it's not a proper winter if the death toll isn't in the thousands, and it's a cold excuse for a summer indeed if the death toll doesn't rival it.

Europe.

ftOqU21.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    the tie bit on tds last night was rather brilliant

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    [img]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313001_10150306945458 889_770353888_7918415_1211014588_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://static.tvfanati c.com/images/gallery/frank-in-the-couch.jpg[/img]

oh my god

rRwz9.gif
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    I'm up to 8 pills/day

Not to patronize, but have you talked about your doctor(s) about that.

Number of years back I was on a similar number, and was heavily advised to cut everything I could because they couldn't reasonably control for the ways they'd all inter-react with my system.

I would recommend at least asking them about the possibility of such a problem, and their thoughts.

Its only four separate medications but i take them in doses throughout the day

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

here i think it depends on class a little

upper class suburban people love their 'vitamin boosters' when they feel their sniffles coming on, hot tea with menthol oil or whatever, emergen-c etc

whereas if you don't have finances like that you're just oh i'm sick that sucks oh well

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I had a bad cold a few months ago

everything is gone except for coughing stuff up, which is kind of odd

but no insurance, so no doctor

[img]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313001_10150306945458 889_770353888_7918415_1211014588_n.jpg[/img]

oh my god

you really need to watch it

i couldn't post a gif of him emerging because he comes ALL THE WAY OUT and he's buck naked

it's not a proper winter if the death toll isn't in the thousands, and it's a cold excuse for a summer indeed if the death toll doesn't rival it.

Europe.

We like the springs and autumns quaint.

But the real seasons are all about natural selection.

• SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    Sparvy wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    What I'm saying is that UHC can end up terrible. I am worried that it will end up terrible here.

But, being America, we can make it fucking awesome. Because America.

fuck yeah. I don't get how this isn't the most obvious response from goddamn gun toting freedom loving republican assholes.

OH IT'S HARD TO DO? WE'LL SHOW YOU HARD TO DO

EAT SHIT CANADA

WOOOO FUCK YES. MAN ON THE MOTHERFUCKING MOON, THE MOTHERFUCKING INTERNET, BITCHES, AND THE WORLDS MOST BALLS-OUT BADASS FUCKING HEALTHCARE. EAT A DICK EUROPE!

apple pie
    muscle cars
    icbms
    jean jackets
    michael bay movies

YOURE WELCOME REST OF THE PLANET

jean jackets do not belong on this list

But you didn't react at Michael Bay!?

hey, michael bay doesn't make good movies but i won't say no to some pizza and friends hanging out watching Baysplosions and Car-chBayses in HD

Maybe but I wouldn't put him on a list of great american things

You guys don't exactly have a lack of excellent directors.

we don't lack for much of anything 8)

well, UHC

um

stronger safety nets in general

but our cuisine/art fucking rules

Luckily most good things about America can be enjoyed from afar

She didn't!

She just stayed home not to infect everyone since she was shooting infectious projectiles every ten seconds and then reloading with lung-phlegm with a nice bout of coughing

ftOqU21.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    god shaq is the best

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    What I'm saying is that UHC can end up terrible. I am worried that it will end up terrible here.

fuck yeah. I don't get how this isn't the most obvious response from goddamn gun toting freedom loving republican assholes.

EAT SHIT CANADA

America used to pride itself on having a can-do attitude.

I dunno exactly when to pin-point the change, but now it seems like if there are any challenges at all to overcome the national response is to declare it impossible.

1962: We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.

2012: We choose not to go to the corner store today because we are lazy.

Probably the same time that stuff like this became mocked.

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
    John F. Kennedy

Also when people stopped believe they are their brothers keeper. And instead their own wealth and good was greater than country or their neighbors well being.

u7stthr17eud.png

upper class suburban people love their 'vitamin boosters' when they feel their sniffles coming on, hot tea with menthol oil or whatever, emergen-c etc

whereas if you don't have finances like that you're just oh i'm sick that sucks oh well

we have a yacht, Organ.

ftOqU21.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I feel all shitty. kjngjhk

not sick, since that's the topic right now, just crummy and slow

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Good things about America.

The Internet is here

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    10k people dying in France because of freak weather, while a tradgedy, totally pales besides the number of people killed and financially ruined by the healthcare system in the US during the best of weather.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!

Why would you not take cold medicine, Abdhy? i'm trying to think of a reason i'd prefer to have a stuffy nose over not having a stuffy nose and i can't think of any.

Cold medicine doesn't stop that.

And besides, why bother.

Just stay at home and suffer, it'll pass.

You frenchies are so averse to a little suffering.

ftOqU21.png
    But the internet is in here too!

we have a yacht, Organ.

i'm not saying there aren't exceptions!

i'm saying that here where non-prescription medications cost money and where nutritional supplements cost money they are not really an option at all for many of us normal people

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2012

I am actually sick

nothing terrible, just a cold I got from my dad when we hung out the other day, but blurrrgh

the worst is feeling the mucus drip down my throat and roil around in my stomach as I move.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    mad men makes me wish I liked cigarettes so much

Also, old people die really easily.

I mean hell, this winter an elderly couple froze to death because they didn't want to spend money on electricity for heating. Or use up the firewood.

Electricity, by the way, costs nothing here.

ftOqU21.png

I am actually sick

nothing terrible, just a cold I got from my dad when we hung out the other day, but blurrrgh

the worst is feeling the mucus drip down my throat and roil around in my stomach as I move.

ughhhhh I'm sorry, that blows

When I have a cold I pack myself under several blankets in order to raise my temperature to a thousand degrees. Thereby killing all inferior infectious organisms with fire.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

She didn't!

She just stayed home not to infect everyone since she was shooting infectious projectiles every ten seconds and then reloading with lung-phlegm with a nice bout of coughing

Then I salute her, sir!

I got horrific food poisoning a few weeks ago off a bad steak pie and everyone was going "Oh, AManFromEarth's Real Name, you must go see a GP pip pip!"

Maybe it's the farm boy in me, but I thought it was pretty silly.

Lh96QHG.png

we have a yacht, Organ.

i'm not saying there aren't exceptions!

i'm saying that here where non-prescription medications cost money and where nutritional supplements cost money they are not really an option at all for many of us normal people

they cost money for the french too.

it's just that here, suggesting somebody go to the doctor with sniffles will have people wtf hard

ftOqU21.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    @spool32 It's a little different when your temperatures are hitting 20 degrees above your average high than when they're hitting 40 degrees above your average high.

Yeah, it's a cheap shot at the French system. Am I not allowed at least the occasional snide cheap shot?

OK. :(

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    mad men makes me wish I liked cigarettes so much

Unfortunately it just reminds me of how much I do like cigarettes.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »

EAT SHIT CANADA

America used to pride itself on having a can-do attitude.

I dunno exactly when to pin-point the change, but now it seems like if there are any challenges at all to overcome the national response is to declare it impossible.

1962: We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.

2012: We choose not to go to the corner store today because we are lazy.

Probably the same time that stuff like this became mocked.

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
    John F. Kennedy

Also when people stopped believe they are their brothers keeper. And instead their own wealth and good was greater than country or their neighbors well being.
    It's when people stopped recognizing that this is satire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF_iorX_MAw&feature=related

When we stopped glorifying ingenuity and intelligence, and started glorifying ignorance and stupidity.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    ITT we learn that to Riemann, being financially ruined si the same as being dead.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Actually, there is a genuine problem with overutilization in France. They have weak cost controls.

I'd have to look up the details, or maybe Mazzyx knows.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    I take no nutritional supplements.

As a kid, we took cod liver oil, because that's just what you gave kids those days.

And I took iron supplement because a checkup said that was low once.

and I took iron pills recently - tasted like rust mixed with blood - because I had half the amount of red blood cells I needed left.

That is all the nutritional supplements I have ever taken.

ftOqU21.png
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

oh my god

you really need to watch it

i couldn't post a gif of him emerging because he comes ALL THE WAY OUT and he's buck naked

it's pretty much my favorite bit of physical comedy ever
    danny devito sells it so well i die every time i see it

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
This discussion has been closed.