As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[AusPAX 2013] - Margaret River, WA - Oct/Nov 2013

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Seguer wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »
    ALSO

@Heroth @Seguer get your butts here

What?

Read OP. Vote. Attend Auspax.

• RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Also Dave I am not sure if you saw but we are doing drinks this Friday.

Yeah I saw, still deciding on the veni & vici bits.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    The city that you live in has terrible public transport.

This is everyone's opinion ever.

I would have never said this about Hong Kong or Shanghai. Or even Singapore.

So HAH.

I heard you complain tirelessly about shanghai while you lived there.

So I wish that was the case?

About SHANGHAI. Not about getting AROUND in Shanghai. Yeah the trains were crowded as shit and people were rude but the transport system itself was pretty damn good for a city the size of YOUR ENTIRE COUNTRY.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Different Dave, better Dave.

He hangs out with us more than you!

Though you are welcome to come.

whu

#pipe on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    he means @RocketScience

who is also a Dave

but a Dave that hangs out with us, rather than Daves who do not (<3)

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    Ugh, Toyotas. Literally automotive whitegoods...

To quote my friend, "If I had a toyota I'd crash on purpose just to feel something while driving"

Although that new Toyota/Subaru sprinter looks pretty neat and apparently is fun to drive

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The city that you live in has terrible public transport.

This is everyone's opinion ever.

I would have never said this about Hong Kong or Shanghai. Or even Singapore.

So HAH.

I heard you complain tirelessly about shanghai while you lived there.

So I wish that was the case?

About SHANGHAI. Not about getting AROUND in Shanghai. Yeah the trains were crowded as shit and people were rude but the transport system itself was pretty damn good for a city the size of YOUR ENTIRE COUNTRY.

N no?

Besides its easier to have a robust public transportation system in population dense areas than it is to something something capital letters.

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i have heard that Brisbane has the third most expensive public transport in the world, behind London and Oslo

i'm looking into that now though and I can't find any evidence for it, it seems to just be something the Liberals said

don't get me wrong though, it remains insanely expensive

also we just elected a Liberal government. first thing they do? cut literally all renewable energy funding, on the basis that there's already a federal carbon tax so the state doesn't need to do anything.

hurrrrrghk

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    All public transport is insanely expensive if you go somewhere where you can park your car for free.

also we just elected a Liberal government. first thing they do? cut literally all renewable energy funding, on the basis that there's already a federal carbon tax so the state doesn't need to do anything.

hurrrrrghk

This is why I hate paying attention to politics. Just makes me so angry sometimes.

But gotta do it.

• SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular

hurrrrrghk

This is why I hate paying attention to politics. Just makes me so angry sometimes.

But gotta do it.

Used to think like this and then realised

That I do not.

Never watch TV, never look at Australian News Sites (They are all terrible)

Avoid all discussions of politics because that is a thing you do anyway

It is a wonderful, simpler, happier world.

ImWcN1I.png?3
    Oh also.

Someone at media watch is a huuuuuge android fan.

They did a piece complaining that the networks did a story on the iPad and didn't do one on whatever that 4g android phone that came out was.

Because according to media watch the iPad was not technologically advanced enough to warrant a story.

Which is even funnier considering technically the iPad is 4G compliant!

It was probably the most bias I have ever seen media watch.

my homepage is the ABC news website

it's pretty reasonable as far as news goes and it automatically keeps me up to date with the world without having to think about it consciously

and i do think if you're obliged to vote you're obliged to read the news

Going to start a rival show called media watch watch.

Where I investigate all of media watch's claims.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

hurrrrrghk

Hoo boy.

Going to start a rival show called media watch watch.

Where I investigate all of media watch's claims.

who media watches the media watchmen

• PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    Japan had pretty sweet public transport.

Tell me Anzekay did you get groped on the trains there?

• SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    For some reason I could not see that as Media Watch Watch and instead my brain insisted on processing it as Media Media Wacth.

The Media Media Watchdog show, analysing and criticising the Media Media. Bringing incisive commentary to the coverage of coverage of things.

I guess that is essentially the same thing?

ImWcN1I.png?3
    Going to say @Butler as I know he is an apple and a MW fan.

No but in Kyoto people did refuse to sit next to me because I was a foreigner. Elsewhere that wasn't a problem.

• stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular

No but in Kyoto people did refuse to sit next to me because I was a foreigner. Elsewhere that wasn't a problem.

Plenty of space!

• theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh also.

Someone at media watch is a huuuuuge android fan.

They did a piece complaining that the networks did a story on the iPad and didn't do one on whatever that 4g android phone that came out was.

Because according to media watch the iPad was not technologically advanced enough to warrant a story.

Which is even funnier considering technically the iPad is 4G compliant!

It was probably the most bias I have ever seen media watch.

nice try

IPads 4g doesn't work in Australia even though they're advertising its 4g capability and putting "check with provider" in small print, which is why the Australian government is suing them.

I haven't seen the article in question but I'm going to assume the Android phone they were talking about was the htc sensation xe which was in fact the first 4g phone in Australia

Its pretty bullshit that every phone and tablet that apple releases gets a free advertisement on every news channel. None of their competitors get that luxury.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Kinda Dom? Honestly it was a bad piece.

You are right it doesn't work in Australia. But MW summed up the iPad as have no real improvements and only minor technical bumps up.

Now, if you look at the xe, it too has had only minor technical bumps up too. Especially if you consider the 4G add on because if you look how much area is actually covered its piss all, Telstra is only offering a 4km radius of the cbd for cities. And that's ignoring the fact that real world testing shows 4G currently to be pretty shit.

Media watch quite literally painted this as the Only Stat That Mattered. When the access to it is so limited most reviewers have pointed out that if you don't work in the cbd, it's a pointless feature.

They then ignored the fact why the news shows were doing stories in the first place. Which was because there was a line. They always do stories in products when there are midnight opening or big lines. It's like complaining that Harry Potter gets a news story when the book is released but complaining another book does not.

I only added the iPad's 4G feature because technically it does support it. Just not in current available bands.

Blake T on
    I mean my main point, is that MW is supposed to point out bias and conflict of interest of news and current affairs. It's a pretty fucking subjective thing to do to say that the xe has better features when one is a tablet and the other is a phone.

More so, they played down the screen as a "minor technical improvement" when to be honest, it's the reason I bought one.

The entire clip just reeked of, "why isn't everyone liking the thing I like?"

• Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    Yes but you see, Dom hates Apple.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Ugh, Toyotas. Literally automotive whitegoods...

To quote my friend, "If I had a toyota I'd crash on purpose just to feel something while driving"

Although that new Toyota/Subaru sprinter looks pretty neat and apparently is fun to drive

An Aussie motoring journo with 5 decades of experience and a shed with an E-type Jag and a couple of classic Porsches in it did a 'first drive' two page piece on it, then immediately went out and bought one.

I want to take one for a drive!

• SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    ALSO

What?

Already read and voted *dusts hands*.

Seguer on
    ALSO

What?

Already read and voted *dusts hands*.

Now just make sure you do part 3.

• flynnieflynnie Registered User regular
    Sorry would love to make it on Friday but stuck at home with Norovirus :( Have to be cleared at least 2 days before I come into contact with people. Poor Aaron. :shock:

• KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Norovirus? That's the one that turns you into a zombie, right?

Why poor Aaron?

It's not like he is going to stay home.

He's coming out with us!

Ok I have a goal in life now:

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/07/the-burger-lab-how-to-make-an-in-n-out-double-double-animal-style.html

Gonna try this when I have time to run around and get all the ingredients.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    She has to be completely healthy then add two days before he's allowed to get biblical with her.

That could be a week or more!

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Ok I have a goal in life now:

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/07/the-burger-lab-how-to-make-an-in-n-out-double-double-animal-style.html

Gonna try this when I have time to run around and get all the ingredients.

I have had this page bookmarked for so long

it is a project for some future day. I just got a meat grinder too ha ha

Yeah I've got a grinder/mincer, I've used it a few times before. It makes some good mince indeed.

I think the hardest thing will be the onions, I've not really practised making them in that style. Also I'm not sure about the cheese. Our equivalent plastic cheese here are Kraft singles... which are absolutely foul and probably different in flavour to "American cheese". I think I'll maybe get some sliced Colby or something like that if possible?

American cheese is usually a blend of colby and cheddar. Just get some of that sliced colby and you'll be fine.

Also I would make a normal double double, not animal style, so I don't need to do the onions.

The hardest part is finding the right bun. Finding an american style burger bun is basically impossible in my experience.

Yeah I considered just going with normal onion for my trial run.

Oh yeah the bun. We're not as good at sugary processed buns 'round here.

Onions are pretty easy Bart.

Just gotta pay attention to them. You can also slow roast them before you stove top them for a head start, but it takes a long time regardless.

This discussion has been closed.