As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    End wrote: »
    But for someone who just wants to do heroics, or never wins anything in LFR? They'll just be piling up Valor without a damn thing to use it on. And then the next tier will come and that'll all turn into JP which can be used to buy....oh wait, there was no valor gear last tier so your new JP is completely worthless. awesome.
    hahaha
    I don't really like what they are suggesting either
    but that hadn't even occured to me
    Because it would be just so hard to increase the ilevel cap each tier.

YL9WnCY.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    End wrote: »
    But for someone who just wants to do heroics, or never wins anything in LFR? They'll just be piling up Valor without a damn thing to use it on. And then the next tier will come and that'll all turn into JP which can be used to buy....oh wait, there was no valor gear last tier so your new JP is completely worthless. awesome.
    hahaha
    I don't really like what they are suggesting either
    but that hadn't even occured to me
    Because it would be just so hard to increase the ilevel cap each tier.

Which would still only effect valor, not JP.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    So like a big dumb jackass I resubscribed after 7 or 8 months off. Just knocked off the heroic five mans. Is the standard protocol for the satyr boss in the second instance to avoid the eyes or just trigger them and kill him? As the tank I just went by guides and was avoiding the eyes, then I hear him find someone and by the time I locate and get over there the healer (who was seen) was dead. He cried and then quit after the boss. Not sure if he's stupid for getting seen or if people just don't even bother trying and I flaked not just getting seen and tanking.

MOBA DOTA.
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    In theory, no one should be seen. In practice, someone will, so it should be the tank.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    In theory, you should be able to get the achievement every time

In practice, you're in a pug, so its better (if you're the tank) to just stand right next to the eye spawn point and eat one.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    There's an achievement for avoiding the eyes for the full duration. I've never seen a party even get close to that. However, the longer you can drag it out, the longer your 100% crit buffs lasts when combat restarts. When tanking that I usually avoid the eyes, run towards the person who eventually gets seen, then Hand of Protection on them, taunt once, use the other taunt when that wears off, and then he resets to normal aggro rules.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    GC made another post saying the glyph adds a second Metamorph that acts like a offtank, with the warlock still being able to use the DPS metamorph as usual.
    Wow. If it stays that way, every PvP demo lock (I'm assuming the spec will be more viable in Mists) is going to want that.

FightTest wrote: »
    So like a big dumb jackass I resubscribed after 7 or 8 months off. Just knocked off the heroic five mans. Is the standard protocol for the satyr boss in the second instance to avoid the eyes or just trigger them and kill him? As the tank I just went by guides and was avoiding the eyes, then I hear him find someone and by the time I locate and get over there the healer (who was seen) was dead. He cried and then quit after the boss. Not sure if he's stupid for getting seen or if people just don't even bother trying and I flaked not just getting seen and tanking.

Some people try but it usually ends up with a DPS or Healer dead if the Tank doesn't just eat it.

If you want the achievement go with some friends/guildies or discuss it with the party beforehand. There's no real penalty for the tank eating it and it makes the boss go faster; plus achievement aside there's no benefit to avoiding the eyes, really.

It's not really the fault of any player, IMO. It was just a poorly thought out encounter. In order for there to be any real reason to avoid the eyes they should have made the punishment for getting found harsher or give a greater reward for avoiding it. By greater reward, like extra loot. Because if the tank eats the eyes off the bat you can finish the boss more quickly than it'd take simply to avoid the eyes for the achievement. And the tank eating it off the bat gives less of a chance for a stupid wipe by heals/dps accidentally eating it.

There's no drawback to eating it and it just speed up the place. I usually just state "I'm eating the eyes" before the fight starts and just do it.

Buddies wrote: »
    With that system, I don't really see a need to reset your Valor back to 0.
    They'd still need to reset Valor so that raiders don't horde up 10,000 points or whatever to instantly upgrade any new drops when the next tier is released.

edited March 2012
    I thought the buff from Illidan's stealth was enough of an increase in damage to make avoiding the eyes for a while faster for getting his last 5 million health (or whatever) down. Is that not the case? It's +50% damage and 100% crit rate. Unless your crit is over 50%, it more than doubles your damage. It also helps out the healer too, for what it's worth.

forty on
    forty wrote: »
    I thought the buff from Illidan's stealth was enough of an increase in damage to make avoiding the eyes for a while faster for getting his last 5 million health (or whatever) down. Is that not the case? It's +50% damage and 100% crit rate. Unless your crit is over 50%, it more than doubles your damage. It also helps out the healer too, for what it's worth.

Oh, it does. But its like, what 40 seconds to get the achievement? The fight doesn't last 40 seconds after he reappears, buff or no. That's all I'm saying. There's no real advantage to waiting it out. I mean, sure wait out 5-10 seconds and the fight will go a bit faster but you'd have to do the math to know what a difference it'd make. I'm guessing in the ballpark of a few seconds.

By all means, try for the achievement. Just keep in mind that it's the only real reason to wait.

Well, ideal timing would have the buff run out right as the boss dies. I think around 15-20 stacks would be a safe bet for not wasting too much time running around, unless you're in the rare PUG that actually does good overall DPS. I know in my runs where a pug inevitably fails at avoiding and we only have 10-15 stacks, it always runs out a good while before the boss dies, and then the last 2 million health just feels slooooooowwww.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I imagine it works like this:

Let's pull some numbers out of our ass. Your minimum for heroics is 440. Heroics award ilevel 450, and raids hand out 460.

You do some heroics, and get some JP. Presumably there is an item sold for X JP that will increase an item's ilevel to 450. Eventually you get a decent chunk of items high enough to do some raiding. At this point you get enough VP to buy an item to raise a piece of gear to 460.

Fast forward to the new patch and new raid tier. Now JP can raise your items to ilevel 460 (and maybe 450 for a discounted amount of JP), and VP will now raise your shit to an ilevel of 470 or whatever the normal mode's ilevel would be.

YL9WnCY.png
    I think as a system that would fundamentally work, as in there aren't any mechanics preventing it.

But the notion of not having anything purchasable via JP/VP seems incredibly short sighted in that it severely underestimates players need for shinys. Whether those shinys be loot, aesthetic items like pets or skins, or just crap to sell for gold.

In order for the masses to care about increasing their ilvl they'd have to give two shits about their performance in the first place. And 8 ilvls (the number they threw out in the watercooler) isn't going to show a difference discernible enough for the average player for them to care. Given that we know via cata heroics that most players don't really care about being better players, increasing ilvl without changing anything visually (color, model, etc) isn't going to appeal to many people beyond raiders.

That's all I'm saying. It's not that the system can't work. It's that it's too limited to make people care enough to keep playing.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Personally I'd rather have the loot tables expanded so there's redundant loot on bosses so stuff like the only offhand dropping from one boss doesn't happen again. I also think it'd be easy to have a checkbox in the LFR queue window where you check it to be elegible for all gear of your armor type. I hope that JP gear still exists and is upgradable by VP. I also hope that when a new tier happens they push new gear to the JP vendor of the ilvl of the previous raid tier and don't bother wiping VP like they do now (there would still need to be a cap though such that you could only upgrade like 3 items max from cap).

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    In other news, I happened upon a complete Symbiosis list, sans Monk.

They said they wanted Symbiosis to be utility stuff, nothing that would affect power. So that it wouldn't just become a second Dark Intent. But there's some pretty serious implications here.

Here's a few examples of what I was talking about:
    Blood - Survival Instincts
    Brewmaster - Growl
    Windwalker - Berserk
    Holy - Rebirth
    Retribution - Tiger's Fury
    Protection (Paladin) - Might of Ursoc
    Protection (Warrior) - Frenzied Regeneration

Every tank gets an extra survival cooldown. Holy Paladins get a Battle Res. Windwalkers and Ret get a straight up dps increase. Everyone else gets a utility, like Hunters get Dash, or Rogues get Barkskin.

Moving on to what the Druid gets:

Balance
    Mage - Mirror Image
    Warrior - Recklessness

Feral
    Death Knight - Unholy Frenzy
    Shaman - Feral Spirit
    Warrior - Shattering Blow (Shattering Throw)

Guardian
    Death Knight - Icebound Fortitude
    Rogue - Evasion

Resto
    Surprisingly, everything Resto can receive is all utility. I will /applaud Blizz for this one. Granted there's some spells that seem stronger than others (cough AMS cough) but nothing directly increases power here.

Right so anything I omitted was utility stuff. The stuff I listed here are things that should probably get another look.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Other than gear I feel it's dumb to sell the crafting stuff for justice points because I feel it's way over priced

to slightly derail the conversation
    My brother was telling me about a report he saw online and then on Tv about how more people meet each other through WOW than dating sites
    I had thought about it and I know of a lot of people who met each other face to face after talking to each other in wow and know of no one from online dating

Last pull of the night was a 2% wipe on H Blackhorn :(

So many flashbacks to Ulduar with all the fire.

• BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    forty wrote: »
    Buddies wrote: »
    With that system, I don't really see a need to reset your Valor back to 0.
    They'd still need to reset Valor so that raiders don't horde up 10,000 points or whatever to instantly upgrade any new drops when the next tier is released.

Well, the cap is 4000 right now, and I don't see a reason to increase that to 10,000. If by going by the current costs of stuff, upgrading an item will cost 1250-2200 Valor. You need to get an item first, to upgrade it, which will produce Valor for you if you are not already capped. The Max Valor you get per week has been 1000-1200 or so, right? So lets take 2 raiders, 1 that horded all of his Valor, and one that didn't.

Raider 1 starts MoP Tier 2 with Full upgraded Tier 1 gear and 4000 Valor points.
    Raider 2 starts MoP Tier 2 with Full Upgraded Tier 1 gear and 0 Valor points.

First Raiding week goes by. Hopefully the Raids are balanced so that most normal people don't kill the last boss in the first week. 13 Bosses, lets say 6 are killed. Each boss drops 2 items in a 10 man. So each of those 2 raiders may get a piece of gear, lets just say they got a pair of legs off one of the bosses. So at the end of the first Raid week of MoP Tier 2, we are left with:

Raider 1 has 1 piece of MoP Tier 2 legs that they upgraded for 2200, and are left with 1800 Valor Points.
    Raider 2 has 1 piece of MoP Tier 2 legs that they can't upgrade, and finish the week with 1200 Valor Points.

If Raiders horde their valor then the MAX They can upgrade would be 3 items, and that would require them to get 2 rings and an neck piece(those all cost 1250, right? the 700 valor slot items of relics/wands/ranged will be gone so none of those). Well, if they hit that kind of loot lottery, then good for them. On the other end of the luck spectrum, you will have people that horde 4000 Valor, but they don't get a drop they can upgrade till the 3rd week of raiding the next tier so their horded up 4000 valor didn't give them any advantage at all. And in the middle will be where most people are, in that if they horde up 4000 Valor they will get to upgrade 1-2 more items than the person that didn't horde the valor, over the course of the entire Tier. big fuckin deal I say to that.

I started to write about how not having items for my alts to purchase would make it harder to get them raid ready in later tiers. But if they release new 5 mans with every raid patch, then that will not be a concern either because 95% of the gear will come from those new 5 mans regardless, and I wouldn't be able to buy more than 1 piece of Valor gear anyway, and I could just upgrade a piece out of the 5 mans and accomplish the same thing with a little more reliance on random loot drops.

So, trading the ability to buy 1-2 pieces of gear each tier, I gain the ability to upgrade all of my gear. So if my Raid Crew is having difficulty in Hard Modes, upgrading all of our gear could mean the difference between success and failure for us. Where as before that would have been impossible and we would have had to wait for a nerf. I think it's a pretty great idea.

Buddies on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Except that Valor points have no cap. And also that the post didn't state anything about raids still offering Valor, so we can't even be sure if that's the case.

/edit: i went and reread the GC post and
    Valor will come primarily from dungeons (including challenge modes) and scenarios. You might earn a little from daily quests and raiding as well, but that won't be as efficient.
    so your Raider 2 will only have Valor if he does anything else besides raiding. If he only raids, he will have no Valor or very little after one week.

Grobian on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    Except that Valor points have no cap. And also that the post didn't state anything about raids still offering Valor, so we can't even be sure if that's the case.

/edit: i went and reread the GC post and
    Valor will come primarily from dungeons (including challenge modes) and scenarios. You might earn a little from daily quests and raiding as well, but that won't be as efficient.
    so your Raider 2 will only have Valor if he does anything else besides raiding. If he only raids, he will have no Valor or very little after one week.

Valor has a weekly cap.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Well, obviously, but he was talking about a total cap in reference to hoarding.

• BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Yea, my mistake. For some reason I though it capped out at 4000 also.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    If it did I would be sooo screwed as I have wasted my justice on mounts and other items and horded my valour

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    Blizzard missed the boat on a great idea for the Pandaren Mount:

Pandaren_Mount.jpg

On a related note, do you think Pandaren Shaman will have different totems depending on if they are horde or alliance? Heck, what does the game currenty call Bloodlust/Heroism in your spellbook before you pick a faction? (Assuming the spellbook still shows you future abilities like it does now)

I had over 15k VPs this tier before I started spending them on upgrades. Since they made no mention of adding a cap to VPs, I wouldn't expect that to change.
    Grobian wrote: »
    Fucking yuck. They really want me to hate this proposed idea as much as possible. Scenarios better be a lot more fun and less tedious than dungeons...

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Lars wrote: »
    Blizzard missed the boat on a great idea for the Pandaren Mount:

Pandaren_Mount.jpg

On a related note, do you think Pandaren Shaman will have different totems depending on if they are horde or alliance? Heck, what does the game currenty call Bloodlust/Heroism in your spellbook before you pick a faction? (Assuming the spellbook still shows you future abilities like it does now)

It better be called Bloodlust because that's what it was in WC3 and Heroism is dumb.

Edit: Also, what is up with that picture?

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Thought the text at the bottom read Fus Roll Ball.

And the picture is apparently from Blizzcon's art panel last year, although it was stated that this was only an idea and wasn't going to be the eventual mount.

SabreMau on
    edited March 2012
    I found the picture on WoWpedia, it's apparently a rejected Pandaren Mount idea (like how Cata had concept art for those pig-lizards as Worgen mounts).

Regarding Theramore & Jaina in MoP:
    The upcoming book cover shows Jaina screaming while underwater and her hair apparently turning white. The description also says something about turning a peacemaker into a warmonger.

Meanwhile, someone has datamined Theramore stuff from the beta:

Pic Won't Show for Some Reason, so Linky

The water isn't implemented there, but notice the crater where Jaina's Tower is supposed to be? It looks a hell of a lot like Dalaran Crater. Which is causing people to wonder if it gets magic-nuked, or if the tower is actually teleported away somewhere (current theories include Stormwind Park, Kul Tiras, and Pandaria).

This map, however, is listed as a Scenario. This could mean it doesn't actually fall until you get to 85-90 and run it as a scenario, or it could mean the scenario is an objective you do after the fall going out in the rubble.

All of this really makes me wonder how the whole Fall of Theramore is going to be implemented (will it be another "Go read the book if you want to know what happened!" thing?). Also how Dustwallow will function for Alliance quest progression (they finally got that glorious bridge and then the whole city goes boom). Where will the boat from Menethil Harbor go? Will Alliance Mages still be able to warp to Theramore or will it warp to wherever Jaina's tower is now? If Alliance mages lose that portal, will they gain another or will Horde mages lose their portal to the Swamp of Sorrows?

Lars on
    Lars wrote: »
    I found the picture on WoWpedia, it's apparently a rejected Pandaren Mount idea (like how Cata had concept art for those pig-lizards as Worgen mounts).

Regarding Theramore & Jaina in MoP:
    The upcoming book cover shows Jaina screaming while underwater and her hair apparently turning white. The description also says something about turning a peacemaker into a warmonger.

Meanwhile, someone has datamined Theramore stuff from the beta:

Pic Won't Show for Some Reason, so Linky

The water isn't implemented there, but notice the crater where Jaina's Tower is supposed to be? It looks a hell of a lot like Dalaran Crater. Which is causing people to wonder if it gets magic-nuked, or if the tower is actually teleported away somewhere (current theories include Stormwind Park, Kul Tiras, and Pandaria).

This map, however, is listed as a Scenario. This could mean it doesn't actually fall until you get to 85-90 and run it as a scenario, or it could mean the scenario is an objective you do after the fall going out in the rubble.

All of this really makes me wonder how the whole Fall of Theramore is going to be implemented (will it be another "Go read the book if you want to know what happened!" thing?). Also how Dustwallow will function for Alliance quest progression (they finally got that glorious bridge and then the whole city goes boom). Where will the boat from Menethil Harbor go? Will Alliance Mages still be able to warp to Theramore or will it warp to wherever Jaina's tower is now? If Alliance mages lose that portal, will they gain another or will Horde mages lose their portal to the Swamp of Sorrows?

I was under the impression that Fall of Theramore was going to be done as a scenario in 4.4 (or whatever the final patchset is for Cata) as a way to show off the tech.

edited March 2012
    I think in the press week they said they were "considering" a Theramore event for a pre-MoP patch.

I think they'd really be missing a good opportunity if they just kind of handwave it and/or put it in a book.

I mean, people have been up in arms for ages about the focus on the horde side of the story, and with the facts about the final raid of MoP being Orgrimmar and thus a lot of the story will probably focus on Garrosh and shit that happens there, they sure as shit aren't doing anything to dispel that notion.

I honestly have no real attachment to one faction or the other but I'll even admit that I'm getting a little sick of everything focusing so much on the horde. Be it thrall, forsaken, taking undercity, a lot of the lore in TBC being more about blood elves and the draenei actually felt oddly secondary on their own planet, etc. EDIT: Also, lets face it, when it even comes to generic questing zones, horde have far cooler zones, be it silverpine/hillsbrad, them inexplicably winning in Andorhol, the Dragonmaw stuff being far more interesting than the wildhammer stuff in TWH, and it goes on. It honestly is getting a little silly at this point. If the only thing they can come up with to focus on alliance is destroying theramore, whatever, at least it's something.

The Dude With Herpes on

I thought it was around MoP's announcement that they were considering the Theramore event (the same time they were "considering" removing the server cap on character slots, and we saw how that turned out), and then the press week just said something like "If there is an expansion event, it will be rather small scale."

Also, from what little we know about that book really makes me worry that Theramore's destruction is just going to happen there and in the game we'll just be stuck with the aftermath again.

I think in the press week they said they were "considering" a Theramore event for a pre-MoP patch.

I think they'd really be missing a good opportunity if they just kind of handwave it and/or put it in a book.

I mean, people have been up in arms for ages about the focus on the horde side of the story, and with the facts about the final raid of MoP being Orgrimmar and thus a lot of the story will probably focus on Garrosh and shit that happens there, they sure as shit aren't doing anything to dispel that notion.

I honestly have no real attachment to one faction or the other but I'll even admit that I'm getting a little sick of everything focusing so much on the horde. Be it thrall, forsaken, taking undercity, a lot of the lore in TBC being more about blood elves and the draenei actually felt oddly secondary on their own planet, etc. EDIT: Also, lets face it, when it even comes to generic questing zones, horde have far cooler zones, be it silverpine/hillsbrad, them inexplicably winning in Andorhol, the Dragonmaw stuff being far more interesting than the wildhammer stuff in TWH, and it goes on. It honestly is getting a little silly at this point. If the only thing they can come up with to focus on alliance is destroying theramore, whatever, at least it's something.

No, they pretty much said it was happening. MMO Champ has already datamined some strings relating to it (it's going to be a scenario I guess)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Haven't we already kinda seen scenarios?

I mean, wouldn't the Echo Isles and Gnomeragon events at the end of wrath be similar to how scenarios were slated to work?

Warlock82 wrote: »

No, they pretty much said it was happening. MMO Champ has already datamined some strings relating to it (it's going to be a scenario I guess)

Why start the post with a "No" when aren't addressing anything I said.

There will likely be a scenario, but as the above posts show it'll probably be post event. Thereamore is going to be destroyed prior to MoP whether it happens in game or not. MoP is goign to go live with a destroyed Theramore.

A scenario that has you do something in Theramore later has nothing to do with whether or not they have a pre-MoP event that shows its actual distruction.

edited March 2012
    Nobody wrote: »

I mean, wouldn't the Echo Isles and Gnomeragon events at the end of wrath be similar to how scenarios were slated to work?

No, those used phasing. Scenarios are supposed to be instanced.

And Dude w/ Herpes, how am I not addressing what you said? You said they were "considering" doing something in-game and may choose to just address it with the book. I'm saying that no, they promised to have an in-game event and some info has already been datamined confirming that. The original story on the event was where the whole "Theramore will be destroyed" thing even came from. If they didn't depict that in-game, it would be a fairly lame event.

Warlock82 on

Oh boy, I can't wait for that. "Additional Instances Cannot Be Launched"

That'll bring back memories :(

They seriously need to remove that shit. I hope it doesn't come back.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

They seriously need to remove that shit. I hope it doesn't come back.

How do you "remove" the ability to overload a server?

This discussion has been closed.