As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Starcraft2] CLOSING TIME!! GO TO THE NEW THREAD!!

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    zenio is so bad that he signed for liquid and didn't instantly gain a billion fans who didn't care about him before

• SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Let's just let him get to second again

• TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    This is why July is so fun/frustrating to watch. If any other zerg had been gifted that army in the midgame, they would've taken their fourth/fifth and gone straight to broods, July just makes more ling bane muta and attacks on Entombed Fucking Valley

edited March 2012
    july transitioning to ultras when he needs to break mkp's siege

eek

also making a tonne of infesters vs medivacs

815165 on
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    July has got to be the most fun zerg to watch by a mile.

Streets ahead.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    oh july...

ok. absolutely no more of this terrible awful no good music segway shit. lame one hit 90s stuff is just tacky.

Kharnastus on
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I hate both of these players so much

SO MUCH

• theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    zenio may have played a good game there but he is still a poopnozzle

• BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    july kill him

and win all the things

edit: yiiiisss

Biosys on
    edited March 2012
    july beat zenio zvz?

coolshityo

some asshole in subway wouldn't let me jump infront of him to get one sandwich after i saw he was getting like 12 and then he couldn't read his list so it took fucking ages

i should have told him i was missing julyzerg, im sure he would have understood

815165 on
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    july beat zenio zvz?

coolshityo

some asshole in subway wouldn't let me jump infront of him to get one sandwich after i saw he was getting like 12 and then he couldn't read his list so it took fucking ages

Should've jumped behind the counter and taken the "Artist's" hat.
    If you're wearing the hat you're allowed to make the sandwiches that is the rule.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    july beat zenio zvz?

coolshityo

Thats the shop's fault, not his. They should have had one person helping him out and then the rest of the people to work around them and make everyone else's stuff.

it's only a small shop, looked like there was only the one dude in there

next time i'm grabbing the fucking hat for sure

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Watching Dimaga's stream for 30 mins has made my ling run-bys 10 times more effective.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Watchin' Day[9] Funday Monday part 2. He keeps calling out Ben Dover and my ears perk up. Both because my actual name is Ben and my tag is MNC Dover. :D

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    I need to stop googling starcraft 2 HOTS in google news everyday. It's a daily disappointment. Don't know why I torture myself like this.

• mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Oh my, Idra has forsaken mutas in ZvT. I never thought I would see the day.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Watchin' Day[9] Funday Monday part 2. He keeps calling out Ben Dover and my ears perk up. Both because my actual name is Ben and my tag is MNC Dover. :D

Yeah I kept having to remind myself that he wasn't talking to me the whole way through that.

hi5 for sharing the name, Dover.

mEEksa wrote: »
    Oh my, Idra has forsaken mutas in ZvT. I never thought I would see the day.

I hope he doesn't forsake them completely; some maps are definitely still muta maps.

What changed to make mutas not viable? I know there was a buff to the phoenix but I don't see it used all that much.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    What changed to make mutas not viable? I know there was a buff to the phoenix but I don't see it used all that much.

Also phoenixez are not in ZvT >.>

• Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

they added the ability to make marines.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    I need to stop googling starcraft 2 HOTS in google news everyday. It's a daily disappointment. Don't know why I torture myself like this.

Just set up an alert, then it will only be a disappointment when Google e-mails you to tell you that it found a new blog post that rehashes old rumors.

• mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Also phoenixez are not in ZvT >.>

lies

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
    Oh. Right. Missed the whole zvt qualifier. Apologies all around.

It's just the metagame changing in ZvT. Terran players are getting really good at dealing with ling/bling/muta, as you could see at MLG when Heart beat DRG in that first game. It's too difficult to transition into hive tech because you need to constantly keep making mutas and banelings to survive the Terran aggression. Ling/infestor is a more solid composition and allows a much easier transition to hive tech.

• KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Simply put, terrans know how to macro much better than they did a year ago. Muta/ling/bling requires that you either have a huge lead or you overwhelm your opponent with relatively cost-inefficient trades. Now that terrans play the macro game much better with FE builds, it's an uphill battle to make blings work.

Infestors have always been a stable core unit in the mid-game, but getting to that point was hard with pseudo allin aggression from T in the early game. Now with FE builds, zerg is less likely to die while getting to infestors, although it still happens, e.g., final game of Polt vs. Stephano at MLG.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
    edited March 2012
    Wish they'd buff banelings to make them auto-explode when buried a second or two after some kind of proximity trigger. I feel buried banelings are really the only viable use for them once terran gets to mid game, but they require so much babysitting that even pros don't seem to use them all that much.

edit: although on second thought this probably wouldn't work either as terran could simply send out tanks first.

fatalspoons on
    Kambing wrote: »
    Simply put, terrans know how to macro much better than they did a year ago. Muta/ling/bling requires that you either have a huge lead or you overwhelm your opponent with relatively cost-inefficient trades. Now that terrans play the macro game much better with FE builds, it's an uphill battle to make blings work.

Infestors have always been a stable core unit in the mid-game, but getting to that point was hard with pseudo allin aggression from T in the early game. Now with FE builds, zerg is less likely to die while getting to infestors, although it still happens, e.g., final game of Polt vs. Stephano at MLG.

there's a huge time gap between "ling/bling" and "have infestors with enough energy to do something besides die", and i feel that its this area where the lack of a decent mobile AA unit really shows. Medivacs are out well before infestors w/energy are out, and until then, you have to blow up MMM balls with banes in order for the marines to actually die. lings cant out damage the healing from medivacs, you cant touch medivacs without queens/spores, and no one in their right mind builds hydras v terran.

edited March 2012
    fucked.png

What?! Where's my language filter?!

Edit: "Fucked" is the new fuck.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Joe K wrote: »

there's a huge time gap between "ling/bling" and "have infestors with enough energy to do something besides die", and i feel that its this area where the lack of a decent mobile AA unit really shows. Medivacs are out well before infestors w/energy are out, and until then, you have to blow up MMM balls with banes in order for the marines to actually die. lings cant out damage the healing from medivacs, you cant touch medivacs without queens/spores, and no one in their right mind builds hydras v terran.

If they have medivacs that early, then their tank count is diminished or non-existant. So you can use roaches as the meat shields giving your army the longevity it needs. This is what Stephano does as you'll see him make roaches only as needed as the transition unit between lings and infestors.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
    Wish they'd buff banelings to make them auto-explode when buried a second or two after some kind of proximity trigger. I feel buried banelings are really the only viable use for them once terran gets to mid game, but they require so much babysitting that even pros don't seem to use them all that much.

edit: although on second thought this probably wouldn't work either as terran could simply send out tanks first.

Do you mean burrowed baneling traps? You can set banelings to auto-unburrow, but they'll always unburrow once they see a target, not when the target is right over them which weakens the effect by quite a bit.

Yeah, one of the major weaknesses of ling/infestor was that there were a bunch of early game timings that basically just counter it. Pure ling can't handle a stim marine/blue flame hellion timing. So now Stephano opens ling/roach which is basically safe against everything, though he still has trouble dealing with Polt's typical 2 medivac marine hellion push.

I think I know what the problem is. Terrans have too many damn options.

Fucked Terrans.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Joe K wrote: »

If they have medivacs that early, then their tank count is diminished or non-existant. So you can use roaches as the meat shields giving your army the longevity it needs. This is what Stephano does as you'll see him make roaches only as needed as the transition unit between lings and infestors.

i have such a shitty record when i make roaches v terran it's ridiculous, keep in mind that statistically ZvT is clearly my best matchup. sure, stephano can make them work, but i've seen stephano beat master terrans with 16 lings dropped into their main.

forgoing mutas in the matchup seems crazy because you're waiting SO EFFING LONG for mobile anti-air from your festors. Point taken about getting to hive tech when massing mutas, but mutas can actually hit medivacs and stop drop play. With the numerous changes to the game in the last two years, I find it astounding that nothing has been changed on the hydra to make it a viable unit in every matchup, and that the lack of mobile anti-air for zerg is answered with "get a spire or infestation pit, then wait. Oh, you've got queens and spores, that's fine, right?", when the other two races have very viable anti-air options available (cheaply) at tier 1.

Not only that, but the stated reason of the hydra perma nerf was "we didn't want a race to be able to build mass one type of unit and win". Apparently doesn't apply to massing marines or massing blink stalkers (or hell, roaches).

/standard hydra flamerage out.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Fucked Terrans.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    guys i have a talent for picking the shittiest races in every rts i play

if you want, for you guys, im willing to play terran next expansion

• shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    I think infestor/ling also tends to give more options in what you do with your hive tech. When you go ling/bling/muta, you're putting gas into air ups and mutas, so you really want to use that for broods, and your ground ups may lag behind. Whereas when I go infestor/ling, I'm getting fast melee ups and a fast hive, which are good with ultras or broodlords. (Also cracklings mmmm).

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Artosis' discussion of zombies this morning at the beginning of the second game of the GSL is, I think, exactly right.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina