As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Game Over! Way to go killer p.50 The Unfortunate Voyage of the Harbinger

• AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    The other throw-away votes at the end of the day I would put less stock in. If jdark (for example) was mafia I can understand the toss-away vote but not in a close race to save a mafia brother. That or he just didn't agree with the wagon (which in retrospect was the right idea).

And Dumpshock? Minimal posts each day and playing exactly like he has in the only other phalla he's played in here, and was also mafia? Methinks you dismiss too easily.

I was actually thinking something similar.

Dumpshock especially struck me as new guy laying low mafia in the last game, and was. He might not have a diverse enough repertoire to try and change it up yet.

Additionally - I can't find it now, but I thought I read a post where someone claimed that our best option was to look at people on the Segatai bandwagon instead of looking at Anialos directly? Maybe I'm crazy. But if I'm not, that is absurdly mafia thing to suggest. If you believe that Anialos was spared by mafia voting in the Segatai bandwagon, then the best way to prove that would be to look at Anialos first.

Of course, seeing as I can't find it, I am.. probably just going insane and making up posts.

Well I would say that if you don't think Anialos isn't mafia, it would be a good idea to look at people on the segatai wagon.

So if on one hand, Anialos is mafia, so mafia would be on the sega wagon to save anialos.

and on the other

Anialos isn't mafia, but the mafia do need to vote, and the sega wagon bloomed pretty quickly and has a high chance of having mafia on it (because jumping on a bandwagon that targets a non-mafia is a great way to hide)

then you could make the argument that looking closely at those voters instead of anialos is going to be more profitable, because either way, it is going to have mafia, whereas there is a pretty high chance that anialos isn't bad.

Not that Anialos is a bad target, I just don't think that him being mafia or not is going to really change the amount of people on the sega wagon. Though, If he isn't mafia, they might split up between anialos/sega.

Anyway, all that to say it seems like a false dichotomy.

Infidel basically said the first part of what I was going to (that randomly picking targets from the Anialos wagon is much less productive than going after Anialos), but furthermore, are you asserting that whether Anialos is mafia or not, that there is an equal number of mafia in the Sega wagon? That seems unlikely to me.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    shalmelo wrote: »
    We really need to hit a mafia member soon, so we can turn some of this fervent analysis to something a little more concrete than the grammatical structure of every sentence of narration/posts. Y'all are trying hard, which is cool, but all you're accomplishing right now is the aggravation of my headache.

This for real.

I have finally caught up and I feel like we aren't making any progress at all ON TOP OF losing our only confirmed villager and a ton of other villagers.

The top vote count looks like this right now:
    Anialos: 4 (Infidel, corvidae, AkimboLegs, Egos)
    towndrunk34: 3 (Gaslight, shalmelo, DumpShock)
    AkimboLegs: 2 (REG Rysk, Skull Man)
    Infidel: 2 (towndrunk34, Bedlam)
    KetBra: 2 (kime, Citizen)

What is going on? I feel like we have no direction and its just chaos.

You know. I feel like too often, we see scattered votes and think that things are going too poorly. But I kind of like this spread, actually. There are reasons for most of the votes, there's been a lot of talk, etc. We don't have a runaway vote, but that's not ideal for vote records anyways.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    That makes sense kime and I feel a little better about it now that I think of it that way.

I've only played mini-phallas so far in my time with phallas, so this amount of lack of direction on day 3 seems really scary.

ObiFett on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I think that the bit about the gun makes lots of sense to take as affecting the game, except that we got host clarification that the narrations were fluff only.

I think it would be pretty cruel to reiterate that narrations should not be taken as anything other than fluff and then put stuff in that you were supposed to take away.

The exception here would be colored text which is kills and successful guards, it appears.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    vertroue wrote: »
    At least we don't have crew members stealing all the nails and screws this time around,

Screw RPosts. It's too much work to hammer them out

Hey man. I am going to do at least one RP post a day. This phalla has much too cool narratives and it started out with some fun RP to let it go now.
    Don't be such a straightedge. We've saw enough RPing in this thread already.

steam_sig.png
  • DumpShockDumpShock Does everyone? Registered User regular
    DumpShock wrote: »
    And so Figgy points out some inactives, and then said inactives all jump in and try to be active...with absolute garbage that tries to lead the village stray.

Or Figgy points out someone who is active and posting according to requirements at the same time of day as yesterday....
    And where exactly is the village being lead astray from??????

Actually, you only posted once on Day 1. Not according to requirements. And throw-away votes are hardly what I'd call "activity" in the first place.

Your talking about my day 2 vote right? Because if we scrutinize your actual voting record..... Day 1 grudge vote, Day 2 vote based off Day 1 vote analysis, Day 3 vote based on analysis and what my play style was like from the last game. So yeah 2 throw away votes then a stab in the dark..

Come RP with me, Spoit.

;)

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Something something 'knights phalla' "fluff only" something something :(

steam_sig.png
    vertroue wrote: »
    At least we don't have crew members stealing all the nails and screws this time around,

Screw RPosts. It's too much work to hammer them out

Hey man. I am going to do at least one RP post a day. This phalla has much too cool narratives and it started out with some fun RP to let it go now.
    Don't be such a straightedge. We've saw enough RPing in this thread already.

If one RP post a day makes me a straightedge, then so be it. ;-)

Let me have my fun, its the only thing I get to do in this game besides trying to follow all the insanity that is happening.

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    Do we have any proof that a guard was successful? After all, the net head bit it last night.

And so Figgy points out some inactives, and then said inactives all jump in and try to be active...with absolute garbage that tries to lead the village stray.

Or Figgy points out someone who is active and posting according to requirements at the same time of day as yesterday....
    And where exactly is the village being lead astray from??????

Actually, you only posted once on Day 1. Not according to requirements. And throw-away votes are hardly what I'd call "activity" in the first place.

Your talking about my day 2 vote right? Because if we scrutinize your actual voting record..... Day 1 grudge vote, Day 2 vote based off Day 1 vote analysis, Day 3 vote based on analysis and what my play style was like from the last game. So yeah 2 throw away votes then a stab in the dark..

In Figgy's defense, he's done a lot more than just vote. But how are his votes that are "based on analysis" throwaway or stabs in the dark? Everyone's votes so far are based on very little, what you've said actually sounds like a good thing to me.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    I think that the bit about the gun makes lots of sense to take as affecting the game, except that we got host clarification that the narrations were fluff only.

Which is why I reversed my position when I realized it was explicitly mentioned in the summary/kills.

It is specifically not just fluff.

OrokosPA.png
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    corvidae wrote: »
    Do we have any proof that a guard was successful? After all, the net head bit it last night.
    "But there was a second noose next to her. We don't know if this is a threat, or if they simply failed their second attack."

Is it debatable weather that was fluff or not?

Bedlam on
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Daniant, also yes be careful what you try to take from narration! I do it a lot because I'm a sucker for reading into things like that.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Attention all specials.

Do not epic reveal. Assuran died because the guard did not target them. The guard did not target them because they claim they cannot guard a publicly revealed special. Obviously a mechanic to curtail vigilante networks, if true. Munkusphalla.

Why do I know this? Because the guard contacted me after successfully blocking a mafia kill. They targeted me.

Was sitting on this for a bit to see how far people would go to discredit or bandwagon me. Mafia might be trying to make a move on me to get me voted since their kill on me failed.

So yeah, I can't be positive about Anialos sure, and maybe they're being set up to fall after I get mafia killed? But I really think it is in our interests to see what Anialos is. It gives us more to work with if it pans out and I don't see anything that leads me to believe I have better odds targeting anyone else.

OrokosPA.png
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    There are times. I've seen this rarely (believe it was in a Farangu game O_O;granted he had one kill I think- think there might have been other games *but shrugs* ) . Where the mafia can forgo a kill in order to get an unblockable kill.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I think Infidel's reasoning on Anialos is sound. Combined with the late bandwagon jump it looks like mafia tactics.

corvidae wrote: »

Day two kills:
    Vote (obvious)
    CLASSIFIED (SK?)
    Plague (obvious)
    Confederate (mafia)
    Prototype Ordinance (<-Assuran?)

The things that feel off is that the mafia killed one person last night as opposed to the two they killed on night one AND the "prototype ordinance" kill is not the exact same description as the first night when Assuran killed Maximus with "prototype technology".

So either a guard was successful and blocked a mafia kill or the mafia don't get two kills a night, right? Either way that's good news, imo.

In Figgy's defense, he's done a lot more than just vote. But how are his votes that are "based on analysis" throwaway or stabs in the dark? Everyone's votes so far are based on very little, what you've said actually sounds like a good thing to me.
    Day 2's vote was based on Day 1 analysis amid the Ketbra is evil votes. I guess you can make a case that it isn't a throw away vote but go back and read the thread around that time then tell me it wasn't.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular

So either a guard was successful and blocked a mafia kill or the mafia don't get two kills a night, right? Either way that's good news, imo.

we both posted 2 minutes or so too late :)

yeah, lol

• vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    hmmm that would not surprise me Inf, not in the slightest that it can't happen in the open. But please come to thee med bay ve vill elp you to get through thies alive!

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Anialos

Might as well stick with it. So it seems. Seem seem.

oh wow I missed a page

quite an important one it seems!
    And I don't have to vote switch either
    win-win

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    The funny thing is that the guard wouldnt be able to reveal and coloborate infidel's story, since he couldnt be guarded by another guard (if one exsists and assuming they cant self guard and bleh you get what Im saying) But in light of new information I guess its worth taking a chance on Anialos

Yeah, not that it would make any sense anyways but I amused myself thinking about it.

"Excuse me Mr Guard, could you publicly confirm that you are unguardable? Thanks!"

OrokosPA.png
    the new information being if 1) Anialos is indeed mafia and 2) mafia attempted to save him. Not some kind of seer confirm or whatever.

not condemning but would be convenient if that's how it panned out to give us something concrete to analyze. please do state your suspicions or preferred vote though

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Day 2's vote was based on Day 1 analysis amid the Ketbra is evil votes. I guess you can make a case that it isn't a throw away vote but go back and read the thread around that time then tell me it wasn't.

Oh good gravy. I really hope people are following along here, because this is priceless.

First of all, the best defense to being called out as inactive/suspcious/throwaway is never "No, you!" And if that is going to be your defense, you have to be accurate in your analysis of my voting. You don't even have who I voted for right. I switched to Taya on Day 1. Not a grudge vote. And you're trying to using a Day 1 grudge vote as a point in the first place? Is there something I'm missing here? It's DAY ONE. That's usually most of the votes anyway, at least until they often get switched later. Which is what happened.

You want people to read my posts when I voted. Go for it:

Day 1 [Assuran grudge] Switch to Taya after Assuran reveals special
    Day 2 [Ketbra], based on his voting patterns the night before *
    Day 3 [Dumpshock] based on this analysis

*Said voting patterns being Assuran -> Taya -> Nirya. Many of us were thinking the switch to Nirya was a mafia move. Not exactly a throwaway

If there is anything else you (or anyone else) wants me to dig up or highlight, let me know. I find it interesting. And I'm not shy at all to put all my posts out there in the open, right here in one post. I think it's utterly hilarious that you got so defensive and turned back on me. Not the fact that you turned on me, but how you did it. With absolutely pants-on-head reasoning. Throw away votes? Where? Stabs in the dark? You know this is Phalla, right?

Of course, you know who doesn't vote stabs in the dark? Mafia.

Or, Dumpshock

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    So we are going to ride this on out then?

Poor Anialos please come to med bay to fill out and sign the death papers.

Thank you, Nurse Rebecca.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
    Figgy, you're good people. How many phallas have you played?

OrokosPA.png
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    So, I'm going to die from a plague, but I currently have the power over life and death?

I will accept your pleas for mercy, mortals. :P

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm keeping my vote on Dumpshock, because I fully suspect he is mafia. There is a strong case against Anialos, but it looks like that wagon is ahead by enough to not need me to pile on and muddy the vote analysis waters later.

Sorry, DS, but usually when you're called out for something very fair and very relevant, you plead your case. You don't try to misdirect the argument by attacking the person who called you out. Not if you're innocent.

Going to work now. I'll check in from time to time for funs. If I do get killed tonight by the mafia, please highly consider the targets I listed. They wouldn't want to get rid of me unless I was pointing out valid mafia targets and making sense. Unless... they purposely don't target me so it looks like I'm not! Oh man, the mind reels!

Figgy on
    They wouldn't want to get rid of me unless I was pointing out valid mafia targets and making sense. Unless... they purposely don't target me so it looks like I'm not! Oh man, the mind reels!

You forgot getting rid of you to make the village think that there are mafia in your lists! :)

OrokosPA.png
    edited March 2012
    Infidel wrote: »

This and REG's latest mini. A few years ago I was in two more, I think. One that had something to do with anime characters. Off to work now!

Figgy on
    edited March 2012
    Infidel wrote: »

This and REG's latest mini. A few years ago I was in two more, I think. One that had something to do with anime characters. Off to work now!

You should definitely stick around.

edit: In Phalla-land. It is okay for you to go to work, I will allow it.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Well, I still don't think there was much to go after him with at first, but I am willing to see what we learn by killing Anialos..

Stuff that looked very specific but really just backs up my general layout of figgy's voting record, but it looks cool and has linky's and stuff.
    Ah you got me. I used the no you. I must be mafia.

Also for the record I did plead my case.

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Looks like the Anialos wagon is in full effect so im going to jump on dumpshock with Figgy for now. Dude is way too defensive over a bit of speculation and a single vote, I'm also curious about towndrunk34 and his random Infidel vote

steam_sig.png
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Smoove Operator used the 'p' word.
    Its placeholder