As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Starcraft2] CLOSING TIME!! GO TO THE NEW THREAD!!

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Generally, in a long enough game Zergs tend to use just about every single unit.

Sometimes even immortals and thors.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    After Wings Of Liberty, im going terran in Hots just to piss zergs off.
    Or just stick to protoss if the tempest,oracle and replicator + recall is totally op.

76561197968655073.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    joe STILL making the same complaints, it's amazing

you can go ling infestor, joe. I promise it works in real life. just remember that the gas you aren't spending on banes needs to be spent on upgrades and then get infestors out.

marines really can't beat decent amounts of upgraded lings and queens actually can hit medivacs if they're in your base fighting you

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    roaches are super good in zvt early/mid game

they just don't die until upgrades/stim/medivac, and if you're still on roaches by that point something has gone horrifically wrong

Biosys on
  • mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    It just wouldn't be Joe if he didn't make at least one post a week about how Zerg don't have 'decent tier 1 AA'.

yeah roaches are quite good early. if my opponent doesn't make them, I feel like I've won after making 8 hellions. WHATCHA GONNA DO BRO. Even if I can't actually get anything done within the z base it just gives you so much control.

and that was when I was playing and feeling bad every game last week.

• shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    mEEksa wrote: »
    It just wouldn't be Joe if he didn't make at least one post a week about how Zerg don't have 'decent tier 1 AA'.

I don't even know what situations he's getting into that require T1 AA, at least not more than 1-2 queens/hatch + spores. Or that would be solved by a nerfed T1 hydra.

edited March 2012
    shwaip wrote: »

I don't even know what situations he's getting into that require T1 AA, at least not more than 1-2 queens/hatch + spores. Or that would be solved by a nerfed T1 hydra.

it'd probably solve the problem of not making hydras

unfortunately it would be replaced by the problem of actually having hydras, which is the worst possible outcome

Biosys on
    Biosys wrote: »

it'd probably solve the problem of not making hydras

unfortunately it would be replaced by the problem of actually having hydras, which is the worst possible outcome

Hey now, it's nice to have hydras in zvz sometimes. How else will you make your roach army more vulnerable to banelings?

• PraetorPraetor [Redacted]Registered User regular
    I thought the endgame army for ZvZ was hydra/festor/blord?

:S

3DS FC: 3067-6095-3603
    Praetor wrote: »
    I thought the endgame army for ZvZ was hydra/festor/blord?

:S

???

• crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    It happened once.

• fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    MMMig wrote: »
    Generally, in a long enough game Zergs tend to use just about every single unit.

I see what you did there.

Challenge for the zerg in this thread. Get ahold of a smurf account, pick zerg as your race, play against a terran on ladder, and win a game using marines.

fatalspoons on
  • SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    Stephano making PvZ look impossible.

• Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

Challenge for the zerg in this thread. Get ahold of a smurf account, pick zerg as your race, play against a terran on ladder, and win a game using marines.

can they come from infestors?

Sceptre wrote: »
    Stephano making PvZ look impossible.

where

Iron Squid, games are already over, Stephano v Mana, easiest looking 2-0 in the world.

• mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    but now MMA is on booya

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »

Nope. Only marines free of all infections and STDs.

• tiballaghertiballagher Ringer Team Tossgirl(s)TMRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Joe K wrote: »

Nope. Only marines free of all infections and STDs.

so THAT's why medics stay up in the medivacs in SC2

tiballagher on
    11486-1.png
    edited March 2012
    i am starting to think mech may be a lot better than i previously thought in tvz

hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

not at artosis-level 'mech is the future of everything', but getting there

Biosys on
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=323871

liquid'taeja

actually excited about this as opposed to when they signed zenio

I hate playing against mech, love playing against marine/tank. Mostly I think I have to adjust to scout for mech a little sooner, rather than later.

At a pro level, I'm not sure which is stronger. Demuslim seems to really like mech, but I see his games go both well and poorly vs Z.

edited March 2012
    i have seen some really great tvz and tvt series with taeja in them, and he has always been just another super consistent slayers terran, hopefully he can be more succesful now

i blank out every tvp series i've ever watched so

Biosys on
  • SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    double post

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
    edited March 2012
    Wow. Slayers to Liquid. I guess they didn't really want any oGs terrans (and they have some fucking good ones)?

EDIT: Memorable TvP series: MC v PuMa, HerO v PuMa, Jinro v MC. BAM.

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
    Great pick-up for Teamliquid. I wasn't a big fan of them getting Zenio, I don't like his play or his personality. I don't know much about Taeja as a person but he is ridiculously good and easily one of the best Terran players in the world. He's won a ton of Korean Weeklies and they feature top tier talent. Liquid is going to be a beast in team leagues with Taeja as their ace.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Next:
    LiquidEve

:winky:

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    edited March 2012
    HOLY SHIT. I just realized something. Did everyone see the HayPro interview? He said "All 9 Liquid' Players are going to IPL." Then HotBid was like "Don't you mean 8?"

EDIT: Everyone should also read the Mr. Chae interview

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • KambingKambing Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Saaruto wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT. I just realized something. Did everyone see the HayPro interview? He said "All 9 Liquid' Players are going to IPL." Then HotBid was like "Don't you mean 8?"

Whoops misread. Yes. That's why that atrocious video was highlighted. =)

Kambing on
    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
    Old news, Saaruto. Ever since that interview people were predicting Liquid'Taeja because of that bit.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Old news, Saaruto. Ever since that interview people were predicting Liquid'Taeja because of that bit.

I think it was LiquidGanzi at first but he went Col

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    hang on

is someone talking shit about that interview

that was the single greatest thing to ever come out of esports™ (although $$$ is a close second)

Saaruto wrote: »

EDIT: Everyone should also read the Mr. Chae interview

Can you link me to the interview?

edited March 2012
    The Mr. Chae Interview:
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=324411

Also, yes I realize that I'm super late to the party, sorry folks

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    Is it bad that I don't like hotbid interviews? The only truly funny ones are the ones with Catz because Catz is actually a funny person, so it's more Catz that says all the funny stuff. Maybe it's not hotbid. Maybe it's the fact that most every sc2 pro is an antisocial shut-in. That Haypro interview? Jesus christ..

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    I think infestor/ling also tends to give more options in what you do with your hive tech. When you go ling/bling/muta, you're putting gas into air ups and mutas, so you really want to use that for broods, and your ground ups may lag behind. Whereas when I go infestor/ling, I'm getting fast melee ups and a fast hive, which are good with ultras or broodlords. (Also cracklings mmmm).

It's too bad that Ultras are hilariously awful

• BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    TheBog wrote: »
    Is it bad that I don't like hotbid interviews? The only truly funny ones are the ones with Catz because Catz is actually a funny person, so it's more Catz that says all the funny stuff. Maybe it's not hotbid. Maybe it's the fact that most every sc2 pro is an antisocial shut-in. That Haypro interview? Jesus christ..
    You didn't like his interview with the homeless person?

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    it's sad, it's like his interviews ran away from home

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i refuse to sit idly by and allow you cretins to insult and belittle the wonder that was the hotbid/haypro interview