As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Street Fighter X Tekken: Game out now. 12 characters DLC incoming. Day 1 patching.

• MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Ugh, two weeks of schoolwork does not make for good fighting games practice. Need to go back to the basics.

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    im up to 2700bp and there are still large portions of that cast that i have never played against even once. also i have no idea what to do against raven, but i run into him so rarely that its just a total massacre whenever he shows up.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I think a lot of the time out issues would be solved by:

-slowing down the clock completely or
    -stopping the clock during super/tag team supers

Seriously, some of those supers go on way too long.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    im up to 2700bp and there are still large portions of that cast that i have never played against even once. also i have no idea what to do against raven, but i run into him so rarely that its just a total massacre whenever he shows up.

Yeah same here, lots of the same chars show up. Ryu/Ken/Zangbeef/Asuka/Rolento all day err day.

I think the one Raven I ran into destroyed me since I had no idea what he was doing, and if I see a Nina I run to the hills.

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    You really see Asuka very often? The thing about the roster that really kills me right now is some very capable characters get next to no love. Like I rarely see anyone else online use Juri and have literally never played against Chun Li. Then you have the likes of Raven, Julia, Vega, and even Akuma feel pretty underrepresented...

You really see Asuka very often? The thing about the roster that really kills me right now is some very capable characters get next to no love. Like I rarely see anyone else online use Juri and have literally never played against Chun Li. Then you have the likes of Raven, Julia, Vega, and even Akuma feel pretty underrepresented...

Not a ton, but every 5th match or so I run into her. Juri I see far less though, but I will say I see quite a few Akumas, even more so than Asuka.

I have yet to see a Chun since launch day. >,>

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
    Chun is absurdly good. Consider yourselves lucky you haven't faced her much. All it will take is some pro player win some big event to have all the sheep following suit though.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. In the beginning you aren't going to see much experimentation as far as roster goes.

It isn't until someone comes along and shows people the other good characters that people pay attention to them.

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Mission 13 was such bullshit; took me like 20 tries to beat it.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
    Yep, Mission 17 is even harder.

Chorazin, Slinky and Fett, you guys need to get on more often. I feel guilty spamming Pook for fight requests, but he's the only one that's ever on consistently.

Yeeeeah, my brother's been dominating the PS3 lately so I have barely been on at all the past week or so. And the few times I have I was playing SCV or RE:ORC at the time instead. Not that I've lost interest in this at all, it's just hard to get in time with all the games I want lately. Will definitely have to try to play sometime soon though!

• FettS1FettS1 Registered User regular
    Last weekend was my wedding anniversary - that killed any game time ;) I'll probably be on tonight between 9-10PM EST, if anyone needs a punching bag.

Diablo3: FettS1#1626
    PSN: FettS1
    FFXIV: Kashell Valeth
    edited March 2012
    AuburnTiger on
  • House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Noooo, Gootecks!

Details seem pretty scarce, but I've seen several comments mention that he was essentially fired due to "unprofessional" conduct during Final Round. I guess he was really high or something while doing commentary and Skisonic ratted him out to Complexity.

This is all just rumor and speculation though...

EDIT: Well, I guess Complexity pointed out on their Facebook page that they don't own Cross Counter and are just partners with them, so they don't have the power to fire him or anything like that. I'm curious what really went down.

House of Paincakes on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    It's too bad. I *shudder* echo some of the sentiments written over there at GAF. Excellent Adventures somehow made being a scrub online fun. He will be missed to say the least.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Anybody around on 360 for some matches? I need to practice against other people and random isn't doing it for me.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Noooo, Gootecks!

Details seem pretty scarce, but I've seen several comments mention that he was essentially fired due to "unprofessional" conduct during Final Round. I guess he was really high or something while doing commentary and Skisonic ratted him out to Complexity.

EDIT: Well, I guess Complexity pointed out on their Facebook page that they don't own Cross Counter and are just partners with them, so they don't have the power to fire him or anything like that. I'm curious what really went down.

Even if the Ski thing is true, Gootecks did that to himself. Ski didn't need to rat Gootecks out for anyone to know how fucked up Gootecks was that early in the morning. Gooteck being that high and/or drunk was the only thing making 9a.m. 3S fun to watch. Well, that and ChrisG's Sean destroying people by basically trolling given the level of competition.

Between Gootecks saying if it wasn't fun any longer he'd quit in the past (be it Rockefellar (AKA Dr. Subzero) podcast days, I Got Next documentary, and random other places till now) and the fact that Gootecks has really been pushing for monetization of the FGC in whatever capacity it can get since no longer doing podcasts with Rock, I'd say the biggest reason for him leaving is money. He probably wants to focus on something that actually gets him paid. Putting out DVDs, other tutorials, and sporadic miscellaneous content from time to time can't be making him much money at all. Probably good money for doing what he's doing, playing video games, but not real money. Likewise he's never been a good enough player to earn much money in tourneys or money matches. His best days were back in 3S with "Papa Smurf" Urien, and while he was good, he wasn't consistently money finish good. Let alone SF4 to now. If that's the case can't really blame him for wanting to make more money.

Us 360 folks need to organize something better, the online competition is starting to grate on me badly. It goes from 'clueless' to 'OMGWTF' levels of opponent execution with nothing in between.

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
    Column wrote: »
    Noooo, Gootecks!

Even if the Ski thing is true, Gootecks did that to himself. Ski didn't need to rat Gootecks out for anyone to know how fucked up Gootecks was that early in the morning. Gooteck being that high and/or drunk was the only thing making 9a.m. 3S fun to watch. Well, that and ChrisG's Sean destroying people by basically trolling given the level of competition.

Between Gootecks saying if it wasn't fun any longer he'd quit in the past (be it Rockefellar (AKA Dr. Subzero) podcast days, I Got Next documentary, and random other places till now) and the fact that Gootecks has really been pushing for monetization of the FGC in whatever capacity it can get since no longer doing podcasts with Rock, I'd say the biggest reason for him leaving is money. He probably wants to focus on something that actually gets him paid. Putting out DVDs, other tutorials, and sporadic miscellaneous content from time to time can't be making him much money at all. Probably good money for doing what he's doing, playing video games, but not real money. Likewise he's never been a good enough player to earn much money in tourneys or money matches. His best days were back in 3S with "Papa Smurf" Urien, and while he was good, he wasn't consistently money finish good. Let alone SF4 to now. If that's the case can't really blame him for wanting to make more money.

I don't necessarily blame Skisonic personally but I have been seeing a lot of hate for him getting thrown around with regard to this (but then a lot of people are saying that's BS, so...). It's not like Ski would gain anything unless he had a personal vendetta against him for whatever reason, but like you said it was painfully obvious to everyone that he was messed up.

I didn't watch Cross Counter last night (going to now though, looks like the archive just went up) but I've heard he gives a big "Fuck you" to someone/some people in particular (no names) which makes people think he isn't leaving on his own accord.

• WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Wow nice. I never picked up AE because it seemed they neutred zangief kinda bad. Looking forward to trying the game out tomorrow. Thanks again!

Love this game! I wish Capcom didn't sully it with their greedy tactics...

WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
    Column wrote: »
    Noooo, Gootecks!

I don't necessarily blame Skisonic personally but I have been seeing a lot of hate for him getting thrown around with regard to this (but then a lot of people are saying that's BS, so...). It's not like Ski would gain anything unless he had a personal vendetta against him for whatever reason, but like you said it was painfully obvious to everyone that he was messed up.

I didn't watch Cross Counter last night (going to now though, looks like the archive just went up) but I've heard he gives a big "Fuck you" to someone/some people in particular (no names) which makes people think he isn't leaving on his own accord.

Yeah I've been seeing that on twitter too. The fuck you is definitely to someone that pissed him off and, whether it's the sole reason or not for his departure, probably played a factor in whatever else made that decision.

I'm just sad cause we likely won't see him and mike at evo. Even if they don't get far they're a great team to watch for the audience factor.

edited March 2012
    I just watched it and I'm not convinced "that person(s)" is the sole reason for his departure but he also worded it kind of weird saying he wanted to "lay low for a while until things blow over."

Someone pointed out that in his thank yous, while mentioning his CC team (by names, not collectively) he left out Brian Gramo who is listed as the executive producer and director.

Drama!

House of Paincakes on
  • FettS1FettS1 Registered User regular
    Good games Pook/Slinky. I still have no idea what do w/ Jin :( I did manage to win one round - baby steps ;)

Diablo3: FettS1#1626
    PSN: FettS1
    FFXIV: Kashell Valeth
    yea ggs dudes. i gotta remember to stop jumping into antiairs all the time. especially juri's, what with it leading into 30 seconds of combos.

I just watched it and I'm not convinced "that person(s)" is the sole reason for his departure but he also worded it kind of weird saying he wanted to "lay low for a while until things blow over."

Someone pointed out that in his thank yous, while mentioning his CC team (by names, not collectively) he left out Brian Gramo who is listed as the executive producer and director.

Drama!

I tried finding it earlier but had no luck. Forget where the two or three tumblrs are that have all of them. But this is where the "FGC, we stage drama" mock TNT logo goes.

Yeah, gg's to you both!
    FettS1 wrote: »
    Good games Pook/Slinky. I still have no idea what do w/ Jin :( I did manage to win one round - baby steps ;)

Get in close and pressure with his crouching LP and MP (both offer advantage on block). You can jab into a charged orb and immediately cancel it with a dash either forward or back as well, to either create or close space. The guide makes note of his standing HK since it has decent range and can be canceled into special moves. Also don't forgot to use Special Step as a means to get in on projectile throwers. Alternatively, if you have a life lead you can try to zone a bit yourself with the orbs. Keep in mind that the Mental Alertness stance offers a little strike invulnerability when first activated and that LK out of it is arguably his best antiair, albeit a risky one. You can also try c.HP as an antiair otherwise, though it will probably trade hits more than you'd like.

...and just to be clear, I don't actually play Jin, I just looked at him a bit in training and know some about him from playing him so often. You left the lobby too early though, you missed Pook start whooping my butt left and right. And up and down, for that matter.
    yea ggs dudes. i gotta remember to stop jumping into antiairs all the time. especially juri's, what with it leading into 30 seconds of combos.

This isn't Mahvel, it's only like 4 hits if I don't super or whatnot. It's just that the hits hurt!
    Gotta say I hate your team, both Guile and Hugo seem like reasonably bad matchups for Heihachi...also didn't realize before that Sonic Boom went under Juri's M fuhajins.

You know what I find interesting? I haven't had a single person rage quit on me in this game. Not a single one. It used to happen quite often in the early days of SFIV, though.

You know what I find interesting? I haven't had a single person rage quit on me in this game. Not a single one. It used to happen quite often in the early days of SFIV, though.

ive had some, but way way less than SF4 when that launched. ive maybe had 5 total so far.

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Yep, Mission 17 is even harder.

Chorazin, Slinky and Fett, you guys need to get on more often. I feel guilty spamming Pook for fight requests, but he's the only one that's ever on consistently.

Eh....I'm waiting for this shit to get patched before I put anymore time into it.

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • DubiousAtBestDubiousAtBest Registered User regular
    So are we going to get a meta-tag for this game, or at least expand the current Xbox 360 tag list? I pretty much only know Masume. Also, I've decided I'm never going online in ranked again.

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    So are we going to get a meta-tag for this game, or at least expand the current Xbox 360 tag list? I pretty much only know Masume. Also, I've decided I'm never going online in ranked again.

Hit me up on Xbox Live, Top Hat Panda

If you are new I'm not going to try and break your soul

So after buying this stick I realized I won't be able to change the artwork, as it's some sort of super sticker. :(

Should have went wit the SCV stick. Oh well.

anyone want to get a lobby going on the ps3?

edited April 2012

I'll be down for some fights in a bit.

Edit: Also, check out Poongko's 52 hit combo . . . in an online match . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaAA3SrJ4CI

AuburnTiger on

I'll be down for some fights in a bit.

Edit: Also, check out Poongko's 52 hit combo . . . in an online match . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaAA3SrJ4CI

Good Lord. Outside of being super impressive, that took almost 30 seconds off the clock. Yeesh.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Time needs to be bumped up to at least 120, and it should not count down during Super or Cross Art animations.

Well glitches that also allow outright infinites tend to be time wasters, yeah

Time needs to be bumped up to at least 120, and it should not count down during Super or Cross Art animations.

Yeah I agree. Keep the timer at 99 seconds, just slow down the rate of the countdown and freeze it during S/C animations.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    When people start finding better combos, setups, and reset opportunities I don't know that the game will stay quite as lame as it is now.

New stick art:

arty.jpg