As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[AusPAX 2013] - Margaret River, WA - Oct/Nov 2013

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Yeah I considered just going with normal onion for my trial run.

Oh yeah the bun. We're not as good at sugary processed buns 'round here.

speaking from experience, the 5mm thick, entire slice of white onion is a little much on a standard double double.

I usually order it with onion but then take about 2 thirds off the burger.

• Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hmm yeah I'm fan of onion, but I can see it being a pretty strong flavour. What if I sautee the whole slice of onion in the pan for a few minutes to soften the flavour a bit?

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    that'd work

kind of a step between raw and the fully caramelised

Also this conversation just drove me to book a burger night at my place tomorrow. I've already got one confirmed attendee.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Not really.

There is a pretty big difference between caramilised onions and sautéed onions.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Here we go.
    yes I know

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Just had my performance appraisal

My manager was really happy with everything, said I was very friendly, helpful and hardworking; I should be due for the standard payrise in June if I keep up the good work.

I guess all this kindle reading, forum and reddit browsing is really paying off!

• Options
    I have the ingredients. Shit is about to get real.

• Options
    Though I had to settle for our sub-par Coles hamburger buns. Ugh.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    @Blake T what time we meeting up tomorrow night?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Though I had to settle for our sub-par Coles hamburger buns. Ugh.

No bakery near you?

• Options
    I'd have to drive about 20 mins to get to the good one near me, and it's 5:30pm and peak hour, so I just settled for the local Coles.

• Options
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Just had my performance appraisal

My manager was really happy with everything, said I was very friendly, helpful and hardworking; I should be due for the standard payrise in June if I keep up the good work.

I guess all this kindle reading, forum and reddit browsing is really paying off!

Good to see your hard work is being appreciated. Somebody has to read those Interwebs all day.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Man what am I? The planning, dude?

Fuck I don't know. I will say 730-8 until someone says too early or too late and then change it.

• Options
    well I dunno, you mentioned it first

• Options
    Well I have to say that was a rousing success. I may have made the patties a bit too thick because the thing was hard to manage, but it was pretty damn good.

• Options
    That is, what she, said.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I want to make awesome burgers, but the ingredients aren't really available in single-serving quantities, so I'd have to have awesome burgers for like a solid week to prevent wastage.

...It sounded like a problem in my head, but now that I've written it down it sounds really good.

broken image link
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Well I have to say that was a rousing success. I may have made the patties a bit too thick because the thing was hard to manage, but it was pretty damn good.

Yeah the recipe calls for 2 50g patties about 10cm wide. That's pretty thin.

I much prefer thinner patties honestly.

#pipe on
  • Options
    I wish I could eat awesome burgers, but my jaw wont let me

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Yeah the recipe calls for 2 50g patties about 10cm wide. That's pretty thin.

I much prefer thinner patties honestly.

That is pretty damn close to the exact size of a Maccas cheeseburger patty. Which are something like 5mm thick? I dunno, I've never actually measured one. But pretty fucking thin, anyway...

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Yeah mine were a bit thicker. Gonna either try to make thinner patties for lunch tomorrow or just make one normal patty if I can't manage that.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    Also I don't normally do this but huuuurgh dumb clients. I has one.

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    michaelscottno.flv

• Options
    Also I don't normally do this but huuuurgh dumb clients. I has one.

Ensure you list all the stupid shit they say/ask you to do in the comments in your code.

• Options
    Yeah mine were a bit thicker. Gonna either try to make thinner patties for lunch tomorrow or just make one normal patty if I can't manage that.

Make sure you don't overwork them though. Squish and knead them too much and they'll get tough.

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    That is, what she, said.

• Options
  • Options
    Guess what's for lunch today.

Awwyeaah.

• Options
    Bart is for lunch?

• Options
    So to confirm, come down to the Queens at around 730/800.

• Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    So to confirm, come down to the Queens at around 730/800.

I may be able to make it by 8° 07' 1⅝" PM

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    what the HELL happened there

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Blake expressed time as a fraction

Fractions don't deserve such shoddy treatment, Blake.

• Options
    If I was a nerd I'd make some witty maths pun right here.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Don't start, math puns are so derivative.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    oh god a math pun war would divide this thread in two

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Pun wars are an integral part of the forum experience.

broken image link
  • Options
    I reckon they are the root cause of all our problems

• Options
    I don't get it.

This discussion has been closed.