As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Starcraft2] CLOSING TIME!! GO TO THE NEW THREAD!!

• shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    shwaip wrote: »
    I think infestor/ling also tends to give more options in what you do with your hive tech. When you go ling/bling/muta, you're putting gas into air ups and mutas, so you really want to use that for broods, and your ground ups may lag behind. Whereas when I go infestor/ling, I'm getting fast melee ups and a fast hive, which are good with ultras or broodlords. (Also cracklings mmmm).

It's too bad that Ultras are hilariously awful

I can provide you with many replays that suggest they're good (in diamond). Not at a high level, and it's not necessarily that brood lords wouldn't have won also, but ultras require less micro/babysitting than broodlord/infestor. Broodlord/infestor is also really, really immoble.

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    i thought we were joking about ultras

sorry i meant OLOL ULTRAS? MORE LIKE BADTRAS.

• RedOneRedOne Registered User regular
    Well, finally got a new hard drive (old one died.)

It's a pretty significant upgrade. I also got Windows 7 as well, I mean, why not?

Reinstalling SC2. It's been over a week since I played. Hopefully all my skills (lol) have not dissolved.

1495255-1.png?1331518337
    edited March 2012
    you are now three leagues below what you used to be skills wise and everyone else has spent the entire time you've been away developing new cheeses you've never seen before

because fuck this game so hard

815165 on
  • RedOneRedOne Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    you are now three leagues below what you used to be skills wise and everyone else has spent the entire time you've been away developing new cheeses you've never seen before

if i log in and start losing to silvers when i was beating plats before, i might cry

or race switch to terran and just 1/1/1 all in every game ever

1495255-1.png?1331518337

also you will forget supply, production, and macro abilites.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I loaded up SC2 today to play a few games. Checked out my history: 7-4 over last two days. Feeling good. Then lost 3-in-a-row to Gold, Gold, Platinum players. I'm a Rank 32 Silver!

Thinking there is a promotion in my future. ;)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    question for protoss. Do you wall off your ramp against terran, or just rely on sentries?

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    No, never wall off your ramp. There's no horde of small melee units to funnel so there's nothing to be gained by walling off.

• SorCSorC Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    No, never wall off your ramp. There's no horde of small melee units to funnel so there's nothing to be gained by walling off.

Not only that, you hurt yourself because you funnel your own melee units.

11776-1.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    its rare that your ramp is anything other than a liability vs Terran, even un-walled

• KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Daybreak LE, Metropolis LE, and Ohana LE are now available as custom games if you want to check them out before the rollover in 2 weeks:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=324586

The forward 4ths on Daybreak are now 8m2g (from 6m1hyg) and the islands on Metropolis have rocks instead of creep tumors. I'm slightly worried about the forward 4th becoming a fortress in TvX, but overall, I'm happy. Moreso than a lot of people in that thread that think that since blizzard made two changes, it's the end of the fucking world.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    It's just a little annoying that Blizzard isn't willing to experiment with different base configurations. I've heard their reasoning for it but I don't like it, it just reduces the amount of stuff that map makers can do.

Kambing wrote: »
    Daybreak LE, Metropolis LE, and Ohana LE are now available as custom games if you want to check them out before the rollover in 2 weeks:

The forward 4ths on Daybreak are now 8m2g (from 6m1hyg) and the islands on Metropolis have rocks instead of creep tumors. I'm slightly worried about the forward 4th becoming a fortress in TvX, but overall, I'm happy. Moreso than a lot of people in that thread that think that since blizzard made two changes, it's the end of the fucking world.

The forward fourth is going to be absurdly easy to defend in TvZ. From that central area you can defend basically all of your bases including your third.

Yeah. Their rationale of confusing the lower leagues is pretty weak now, given that they're already introducing tournament maps to the pool. Neutral supply depots and 6g1hyg expos aren't going to confuse any newbies any more than maps the size of daybreak and metropolis already do.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.

The forward fourth is going to be absurdly easy to defend in TvZ. From that central area you can defend basically all of your bases including your third.

Yeah, I'm trying to stay positive about it, but I know that's going to happen and it's going to suck. It's like how Tal'darim without rocks at the 3rd was great for zerg and then the LE version made it kind of shitty. But, really, it doesn't spoil the map for me.

I don't even understand how a 6m1g base could be confusing. There are LESS resources, so you will gather LESS resources. It isn't rocket science. I think they are underestimating the intelligence of lower league players.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    6g1hyg expos

Mother of God, the nightmares that would induce..

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Yilias wrote: »
    6g1hyg expos

Mother of God, the nightmares that would induce..

Frothing at the mouth over that. Hell the 8m2g1hyg base on the new GSL map makes me all hot and bothered.

mEEksa wrote: »
    It's just a little annoying that Blizzard isn't willing to experiment with different base configurations. I've heard their reasoning for it but I don't like it, it just reduces the amount of stuff that map makers can do.

I can't think of a good multiplayer game that the developers have understood as well as the players, no one should be taking blizzards lead on anything really.

Are the neutral depots gone?

Are the neutral depots gone?

Yes.

cool, bunker blockh ere i come.

I can't think of a good multiplayer game that the developers have understood as well as the players, no one should be taking blizzards lead on anything really.

What do you mean? Everyone knows that the map pool peaked when it had the original lost temple, scrap station, delta quadrant, steppes of war, and whatever that BS lava based one was.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    how far we've come

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular

What do you mean? Everyone knows that the map pool peaked when it had the original lost temple, scrap station, delta quadrant, steppes of war, and whatever that BS lava based one was.

Incineration Zone.

My god. Also, Desert Oasis 1.0, Kulas Ravine were two more "awesome" maps. Blistering Sands was slightly better, but still terrible.

iG3kv1d.png
  • marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    What was that tiny 4 spawn map, it was the space tile I think, lots of rusty metal, one watchtower in the centre. Fuck that map, I don't think I ever won a game on it.

marty_0001 wrote: »
    What was that tiny 4 spawn map, it was the space tile I think, lots of rusty metal, one watchtower in the centre. Fuck that map, I don't think I ever won a game on it.

Delta Quadrant

You know there's something wrong when Kulas Ravine is considered one of the best maps in the pool.

• theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular

slag pits?

• marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Yeah, slag pits... I think Delta Quadrant was a reasonably sized map. Slag Pits introduced me to map preferences.

edited March 2012

Delta Quadrant

I think the best part of DQ was the ability to warp into the back of the bases. Or the fact that p/t got a safe second (eventually) while zerg had to take the completely exposed one outside the base.

shwaip on
  • ESVDiamondESVDiamond Person Michigan, USARegistered User new member
    Great pick-up for Teamliquid. I wasn't a big fan of them getting Zenio, I don't like his play or his personality. I don't know much about Taeja as a person but he is ridiculously good and easily one of the best Terran players in the world. He's won a ton of Korean Weeklies and they feature top tier talent. Liquid is going to be a beast in team leagues with Taeja as their ace.

Taeja's such a baller.

Delta Quadrant

I think the best part of DQ was the ability to warp into the back of the bases. Or the fact that p/t got a safe second (eventually) while zerg had to take the completely exposed one outside the base.

I don't think it would have made much of a difference if there weren't rocks, Zergs don't take the back expansion first on Crevasse or Calm Before the Storm.

• TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular

Delta Quadrant

I don't think it would have made much of a difference if there weren't rocks, Zergs don't take the back expansion first on Crevasse or Calm Before the Storm.

I'm don't think you remember how open the DQ natural was

Delta Quadrant

thats only because they can defend those expansions.

You can't say the same of Delta's natural.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    DQ's natural was hell to defend

Delta Quadrant

Taking the outside base first allows you to have a choke blockable with a queen between your two bases to stop hellion runbys/etc, rather than a wide open main. Also, at least on CBtS, the outside base is way more enclosed than the one on DQ.

I mean there are many many problems with DQ, the open nat just made it even harder to hold a hatch first (v T) with the super short rush distances.

• SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    Aw, they remove shattered temple but keep Metal?

I am dissapoint.