As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Starcraft2] CLOSING TIME!! GO TO THE NEW THREAD!!

1939495969799»

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    Already reported - there used to be a list on TL, not sure if it's still used.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    goddamn do I hate ling infestor

never feels safe to attack into, and then there's brood lords.

my least favorite part is how meaningless the third is. I feel this huge victory as I kill/cancel the third only to see like 10 infestors waddling across the map

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    shwaip wrote: »
    Ran into my second maphacker.

http://drop.sc/146437

(checks my base through fog of war, builds pylon to cannon my 3rd without seeing it, heads straight to the proxy hatch).

Been hearing a lot of people complain about this the past couple of days, I bet something terrible and new was released :(

• Options
    TrunkersTrunkers Registered User regular
    Still in the process of moving. Don't have stable internet at home. It's been 2-3 weeks since I've played and will likely entail a couple more still. I will be unimaginably rusty when I return.

My MTG Cube Site - -http://riptidelab.com
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    2-2 playing like absolute shit so I'm taking that and being happy with it and stopping. beat an all in, lost to a very aggressive zerg (really good play), lost a macro game, won a macro game (all tvz)

my multi tasking and macro timings are completely off and bad.

Variable on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    pretty sure my way of playing ends up being thiis:

good macro, good micro, good scouting/timings

pick two

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    i dont know what you guys are complaining about i always have perfect macro, micro, and decisionmaking

• Options
    look dhal, think about how you had to give up your soul to obtain all that

then get back to me

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

my least favorite part is how meaningless the third is. I feel this huge victory as I kill/cancel the third only to see like 10 infestors waddling across the map
    I never know what to do when I kill the third. If I go home he'll just rebuild it. If I camp on top of it he'll counter. If I push his nat I'll get overrun. It feels like a lose-lose-lose situation.

And yeah, I feel like I didn't do any damage anyway. They can get all the Infestors or Mutas they need to put up a fight off 2 bases.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »

I never know what to do when I kill the third. If I go home he'll just rebuild it. If I camp on top of it he'll counter. If I push his nat I'll get overrun. It feels like a lose-lose-lose situation.

And yeah, I feel like I didn't do any damage anyway. They can get all the Infestors or Mutas they need to put up a fight off 2 bases.

if you can cancel one that's been building or even kill it, leaving while he rebuilds is perfectly acceptable (minus the issue that it doesn't seem to do anything about their production :P)

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    If he rebuilds it just take your own expansion. You've cost him an expansion and can now spend more money on an extra expansion of your own without changing the army-value balance between you.

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »

if you can cancel one that's been building or even kill it, leaving while he rebuilds is perfectly acceptable (minus the issue that it doesn't seem to do anything about their production :P)

Also leaving a couple marines/hellions behind in a good position (between/behind minerals) makes it much harder to retake the 3rd, and at least you'll know for sure that they did.

• Options
    SorCSorC Registered User regular
    Or you can leave, add more units to your army and hit his third again as soon as it's up again. This requires scouting that he is actually rebuilding it and that it finishes.

11776-1.png
  • Options
    I actually prefer to offensive gg and wait for him to leave

so, drg vs. 3 terrans including jjakji and that new liquid player

should be a fun group. and by fun I mean hours of torturous tvt interspersed with drg stomping terran face.

• Options
    I actually prefer to offensive gg and wait for him to leave

so, drg vs. 3 terrans including jjakji and that new liquid player

should be a fun group. and by fun I mean hours of torturous tvt interspersed with drg stomping terran face.

sounds fun

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I highly approve of this degree of writhing.

• Options
    What song?

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    i hate thestc

• Options
    the one with all the hot girls

writhing

they were wearing those shiny silver things that kpop girl bands wear for some reason

and there was all this writhing

i dont know what they were saying though because i had it muted, im not stupid

• Options
    kpop; evil itself

• Options
    my counterargument is thus

korean girls: pretty fuckin' alright

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    kpop; evil itself

You are not fooling anyone.

• Options
    I'm almost 100% certain that korean girls exist outside kpop

• Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    But they don't writhe as much

So it's kind of moot

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »
    kpop; evil itself

You are not fooling anyone.

You're right. They're worse, I should stop hiding that I found out the true secret of all evil ever

• Options
    Anzie.

Its okay.

• Options
    Now I know why you never come to any Perth Auspax stuff.

Because you know I'll kill you if you do

• Options
    Does anyone want a $5 coupon for GomTV tickets? I have one and I already bought this year's thing. Someone may as well benefit.

• Options
    More Zergs should be relentless with their mutalisks like this. Attack raxes if you even want. Just keep them there. Terran gots to deal with it yo

Also I died to exactly this kind of midgame push as Terran but didn't have anywhere near that number or placement of tanks.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Really surprised TheSTC won this, expected DRG to smash 2-0.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hahahaha he almost choked on that water :P

• Options
    theStC has always had the reputation that he could be this good but I never saw him back it up until now.

• Options
    Anyone else remember the first time we all heard of DongRaeGu?

As nothing more than an unknown Zerg player tearing up KR ladder with 250apm on Xeph's stream.

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Yup. He had soooooooo much hype behind him as just a ladder player, but didn't break into GSL. Xeph's stream was great.

TheStc's reputation was mostly based off his beta play. His military service/community service stopped him from actually playing at the top level until it finished a while back. I feel like he's only very recently regained his form, but he's definitely going to be a contender for a top 5 Terran worldwide soon.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Anyone else remember the first time we all heard of DongRaeGu?

As nothing more than an unknown Zerg player tearing up KR ladder with 250apm on Xeph's stream.

Oh man I remember this. Used to watch him all the time. Ling/Bling against Protoss on scrap station, ever time.

• Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Watching position battles in TvT is tough to watch.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LOL, they showed an empty chair

for a minute I thought jjakji had left his booth to BM

• Options
    welp, gomtv framerate gone to shit

ah well its just a tvt after all

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Taeja played a sick series. No shame in losing to Jjakji as well. If only Taeja's online play could translate to his offline, he 4-0'd Jjakji in the finals of the ESV weekly.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page