As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Chat Thread: Patch 5.0 on August 28th! Change your passwords.

StericaSterica YesRegistered User, Moderator mod
edited August 2012 in MMO Extravaganza
f0DX0.jpg

Mists of Pandaria is the fourth expansion pack for World of Warcraft. While it plays all the familiar notes that you expect from WoW expansions by now, it does introduce perhaps more unique systems that any expansion before it.

Major Features

These are features which I assume will require Mists of Pandaria to play. Details will become clearer as 5.0 gets closer.

MgKYz.png
The continent of Pandaria will serve as the questing area for characters level 85-90 (the new level cap). Things are bit different this time, with seven zones compared to Cataclysm's five. Furthermore, questing will be less linear and more hub-like, giving you the option to pick a cluster of questing in the order you like. The goal is to keep the leveling experience from getting stale too quickly when it comes time to level alts.

Also, the story will be more modular as opposed to the overarching plots found in Wrath and Cata. The initial boxed experience will be its own self-contained story that will end on something of a cliff-hanger for the story introduced in the next content patch. The content patches will each introduce their own story in turn, and there's going to be a lack of a major villain that plagues the players from launch.

8GXh1.png
Pandaren are the newest race to be added to WoW, and will be starting on the Wandering Isle until around level ten or so. They are also the first neutral race to be added to the game: at the end of your starting experience you will be forced to pick between Alliance or Horde. So both sides will have access to Panderan.

Racials
  • Gourmand: +15 Cooking Skill
  • Bouncy: Reduces fall damage by 50%
  • Epicurean: Doubles the stat gains from Well Fed.
  • Quaking Palm: Puts an enemy to sleep for three seconds.
  • Inner Peace: Rested experience lasts twice as long.

Classes
Pandaren can be everything except Death Knights, Druids, Paladins, and Warlocks.

Mount
Pandaren ride dragon turtles, and non-Panderan must gain Exalted to ride them just like any other racial mount. I don't think there's any difference in these mounts as far as Alliance Pandaren or Horde Pandaren goes.

AUB9Y.png
The 11th class to be added to WoW is the Monk. Monks are a melee class that utilizes two resources. The first is energy, which is 100 points that regenerate at a decent rate at all times. It's very similar, if not identical, to what rogues use. The second is Chi, which is points that are built up as a monk uses various skills. Chi is similar to Holy Power, but different in that it is used to pay costs instead of something you build up for an increased effect. For example, a skill that requires Chi will not improve if you have three Chi as opposed to one. Furthermore, you don't lose all your Chi when using a skill that requires it. Also, monks that spec for healing use mana instead of energy.

Monks can specialize in all three roles. Windwalker is the melee specialization, optimizing damage output. Brewmaster is the tanking spec, using various brews to increase defenses. Finally, Mistweaver is the healing spec, granting the monk more tools to heal allies.

Monks are available to every race except Goblins and Worgen.

NJlE0.png
Challenge Mode is a new feature that will come into play with endgame dungeons. It's basically going to be a compromise between the easy-peasy heroics of Wrath and the player-grinders of Cata. How it works now is that heroics are basically the de facto thing you'll be doing at 90, and there isn't going to be much of a "gearing up" period just to enter heroics. For those that want a challenge, you do the Challenge Mode. This is essentially Time Attack for dungeons, and you are awarded medals based on how fast the group does it. The medals in turn award various cosmetic gear that is used purely for transmogrification. The catch to Challenge Mode is that gear doesn't matter: the game has some kind of system in place to reduce your stats to a certain point. How this exactly works isn't entirely known, but devs have said that the game will intelligently soften your stats (ie it won't reduce your hit rating until other stats have been reduced first).

RjlTR.png
Scenarios are smaller chunks of instanced content that serve purposes that are more difficult to manage via dungeons. The first is to offer group content that doesn't demand a strict Tank/Healer/Damage setup. Ideally, you can all be damage dealers and succeed. Second, it allows for less linear, objective-based gameplay. Instead of going from Boss 1 to Boss 2 and so on, you have to bounce around the area completing objectives. Think public quests from Warhammer Online or rifts from, well, Rift. That's the general idea, only it's all instanced. This also gives Blizzard a change to do a bit more with lore stuff (as if anyone still gives a shit).

Scenarios allow for groups of three, and will utilize the LFG system. As far as I can tell, it doesn't award Valor in a way similar to Heroics, and I'm not sure if any scenarios are linked to reputation gains.

okAvJ.png
Pets and mounts are getting a much-needed UI revamp. Besides that, mounts are the same as always with the exception of mounts now being available account wide (numerous exceptions, however).

Pets, however, are getting a huge new feature in the way of battles. To be blunt: this is Pokemon Lite. You form a team of three pets, roam around zones looking for wild critters on your minimap, and fight them. If they get low on HP, you can chuck traps in order to capture them. You can have like 400 pets now, and up to three copies of a single pet (an individual pet will have differing stats from a member of the same species). When I say Pokemon, I mean it: pets have types (families), level up, learn new skills, can now be named, and you can battle players in 3v3 matches. There's a slew of achievements, daily quests, and new pets to grab. There's even something akin to Gym Leaders in the game. While not quite as deep as Pokemon, it is still quite impressive for what is basically a mini-game.

Note that the older system still works, and you are free to just have pets idle at your side.

Cqsio.png
The Tillers are a faction/minigame that involves farming. At first glance this may cause a reaction of "Aw shit, not Farmville." However, this group of activities is closer to Harvest Moon than anything else. You help a Panderan who has inherited his family's farm. He's a city-slicker, however, and the farm has fallen into a state of disrepair.

Farming consists of the planting and caring of crops, which will grow into various vegetables. The yield of each harvest is dependent on a variety of factors. Your veggies can be used to buy more seeds, as gifts for people, and there's a rare chance for a minipet. At a certain reputation level with the Tillers, you can also purchase seeds of the various Panderia herbs. The whole process takes several days, but there's an introductory quest which skips the waiting part. I don't think there's any compulsion to log in every day besides maximizing your output. From what I have read, crops won't rot or die if you don't log in to babysit them. You just won't have as many veggies since your farm has to wait on you to progress to the next steps.

About that gift-giving thing, there's a new friendship system in MoP. It's basically reputation for individuals are opposed to groups. A large part of the Tillers story is gaining the approval of the Tillers union. You'll have to court the members and gain their votes. This involves finding the gifts they like and doing various dailies. There's also a little room you get that will slowly fill with useful objects like an oven for cooking. Not quite player housing, but probably the closet we've gotten to it.

Systems Changes

General game changes that pretty much apply to everyone regardless of whether or not you bought the expansion. This is less out of generosity and more out of practically: you can't have a bunch of the playerbase using one talent system and the rest using another.

kXUR7.png
Talents have been radically changed even beyond the kind of stuff we've seen in the past. Developers are calling it Talents 2.0, and it's a drastic shift in how things work.

Let's get basic: there are now three systems with which you use to customize your character. These are specialization, talents, and glyphs.

The first is your specialization, which works similar to Cataclysm but has been dramatically expanded upon. You now receive significantly more unique skills and passives by selecting a specialization, and you will learn more by leveling up. Specializations effectively replace the talent trees of the old system, and you may notice that a lot of older "base" skills are missing. Druids, for example, no longer get lifebloom, regrowth, nor nourish by default. Those skills are now only available to druids that pick the Restoration Specialization.

Talents still exist, but are hardly recognizable. At level 15, and every 15 levels afterwards, you unlock a new tier in your talents. Each tier has three choices, and you make one choice within each tier. Tiers generally have the same "theme" (for example, Druid Tier 2 is focused on healing), and the main differences is preferences. Do you want a lengthy cooldown, or a more frequent one? Perhaps you don't want another skill at all and opt for a passive. By the time your character hits 90, your character will have six tiers total. Talents are the same for a class regardless of spec. A Feral Druid does not have different talents than a Balance Druid.

Glyphs are probably the least changed of the three. Prime Glyphs, however, have been removed (most of the glyphs in this category have been simply baked into the class or relevant class spec) and Major Glyphs now have more dramatic effects. There are also more Minor Glyphs, but they remain as largely cosmetic or quality-of-life changes. An example of a Major Glyph would be the ability to heal in Moonkin Form or Rebirth bringing back dead players with more HP. Minor glyphs are things like changing the look of my aquatic form or being able to mind control critters with one of my spells.

QOEVZ.png
Stats are changing again for MoP. It won't be as huge as it has been in past expansions, but there are changes nonetheless.

A huge change is the ranged slot. It's gone from all classes, and this means changes to the corresponding items. Relics are just completely gone, as they were deemed uninteresting and basically had to be slapped on vendors since they were so narrow an item. Guns, bows, and crossbows will become two-handed weapons with stats to match, and wands will become main-hand items that also have appropriate stat increases. Hunters can still equip melee weapons, but there's little gameplay point in doing so. Hunters WON'T have a minimum range for ranged attacks now, so the lack of a melee weapon won't sting that much. Tanks all have the proper pulling tools these day, so ranged weapons won't hurt them.

Resistance has been removed from the game, as it is seen as an increasingly unnecessary that only serves a purpose in making players farm gear for gimmicky encounters. As a result, spell penetration is being removed from the game as well, or at least it's been converted into a new stat. PvP Power is a new stat that will increase damage dealt to other players. To compensate for this change, players take 30% less damage from other players by default. Furthermore, players will now have a natural amount of resilience to ease the pain of starting PvP without the proper gear.

Accuracy stats are being mixed up a bit. Hit and spell hit are now just one unified stat, and expertise will negate dodge and spell hit and THEN parry. Expertise will also use a system similar to hit as opposed to the X rating equal Y expertise which reduces Z parry/dodge/etc. The combat charts for avoidance are now normalized between melee and spells. Assuming you melee attack from behind, then the chance for spells and melee swings to not land are equal. Also, ranged attacks can be dodged.

Defense stats are getting a change as well. There's no longer just one combat roll: block chance is now determined after a roll is done to see if the monster hits/misses/is parried/is dodged. Block also has a diminishing returns threshold, so watch yourself.

Two more items of note: critical strikes are, at default, double the base damage, regardless of whether it is a melee, ranged, or spell attack. And finally, intellect will no longer increase mana pools. Classes that need the mana will generally have a passive in their spec that increases mana pool by 400% or so. Intellect was just becoming too killer of a stat for healers due to the increase of mana combining with "regen X% of mana" buffs, skills, and items.

Launch Stuff

MoP launches on September 25th, 2012. Like most expansions, there will be a patch prior to the launch that incorporates a lot of the major systems of the expansion. This is Patch 5.0, and the experience will likely be akin to a player who doesn't own MoP: quite a few goodies, but none of the major features.

2adCM.png
Patch 5.0.4 will release on August 28th, 2012. It'll contain a lot of changes, but here is the gist:
  • Talents, glyphs, and spec will be changed.
  • Account-wide mounts, pets, and achievements will go into effect.
  • Stat changes will occur.
  • AoE looting!
  • Battletag support
  • Ranged slot will be gone. Ranged weapons will go into the main weapon slots, and relics will become gray items.
  • The Theramore Scenario will become available at some point before MoP launches.

wx3O4.png
MoP comes in a variety of delicious flavors! Collect them all! (Don't actually do this)

Regular Edition (Purchasable as Physical or Digital)
5d1ww.jpg
  • Includes, you know, the expansion!
  • Save extra money for things such as gas and food!
  • Maintain a shred of self-respect!
Price: $39.99

Digital Deluxe Edition
uDQqt.jpg
  • The expansion! Yay!
  • Imperial Quilen Mount: the first CE to feature a mount. It flies!
  • Lucky Quilen Cub pet: the first non-dragon CE pet. It doesn't fly!
  • Diablo 3 Banner Sigil and Accent: let friends know how much money you wasted in other games!
  • Starcraft II Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar portraits: won't change the fact that you will forever languish in Bronze!
Price: $59.99, your dignity

Collector's Edition
ks4gl.jpg
  • Yep, the expansion is still included!
  • Imperial Quilen Mount: as if you need more goddamn flying mounts.
  • Lucky Quilen Cub pet: will undoubtedly be overpowered in pet battles!
  • Diablo 3 Banner Sigil and Accent: give your G key a purpose.
  • Starcraft II Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar portraits: let's face it, it's not like you have portraits worth showing off.
  • A big fuck-off box: become repellent to more sensible members of your species!
  • The Art of Mists of Pandaria: finally, an artbook for your fifth coffee table.
  • Mists of Pandaria Mouse Pad: just in time, as the Cataclysm one was getting pretty worn.
  • Behind the Scenes DVD/Blu-Ray Set: an hour of footage that you could have easily cobbled together from YouTube!
  • Collector's Edition Soundtrack: featuring outdated physical media, which I guess is cool now because it's retro?
  • Actual discs with which to install the expansion: you never know when you'll need to reinstall WoW and their downloader is acting up.
Price: $79.99, the idea that, deep down, you are a good person

YL9WnCY.png
Sterica on

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Dear dude in the last thread who made an asinine comment about WoW being a "sinking ship".

Good god stop. Every time someone says something that absurdly stupid god kills a kitten.

If having more subscribers than pretty much every other western sub-based MMO combined, even after losing a couple million subs, is a sinking ship, that's a ship I want to fucking be on.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    I haven't kept up, what roles are Monks going to be able to perform?

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Tank, Healer and melee DPS

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    I really don't get why people can just queue for the new heroics when they have worse gear than it took to get into regular heroics. So sick of tanking for people doing under 10k dps wearing greens. Probably 50% of my groups are one person around 20k, one person at 10k, and someone below 10k. Get out.

MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Eh. I did a bunch of heroics earlier with my pally and as tank in virtually every instance I'd top the meters. The only time I actually care is if things are 1) taking way too long) or 2) we're failing due to people being bad.

I know I'm part of the problem but if I see 5 digits on the dps charts for everyone I don't even care. Yeah, I'll carry you, I'm just there for rep/vp anyway. If we can still do it in under 20 its no skin off my back.

I mean I get it. It can be an irritation; but off the top of my head the only boss I can think of in all of the new heroics that simply can't be beaten with low dps is Sylvanis; and even that has to be really low. Like, everyone including the tank would have to be sub 10k. It feels like everything in the new heroics was tuned to everyone being at least 10k. If you've got that, you're good; albeit a bit slow.

People absolutely should be higher than 10k. With full-ish 378 gear there's no dps class that should be doing under 20k at any point in the new heroics. But for me it's just not worth getting worked up over anymore, unless like I said, the run is failing.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Dear dude in the last thread who made an asinine comment about WoW being a "sinking ship".

Good god stop. Every time someone says something that absurdly stupid god kills a kitten.

If having more subscribers than pretty much every other western sub-based MMO combined, even after losing a couple million subs, is a sinking ship, that's a ship I want to fucking be on.

It's certainly sinking, but the rate is so slow that... well, hey, what's the half-life of nuclear material?

• Options
    stormbringerstormbringer Registered User regular

Don't know if I am allowed to drop this here but, since I have more then one of those silly 60 day time cards given to me for some code work I did a long time ago. Will randomly drop in and handout a code. I stopped playing after Vanilla.

Please if you use this just post that you did so I can delete the code afterwards.
    1217-784612-30646-616687-4685

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

It's certainly sinking, but the rate is so slow that... well, hey, what's the half-life of nuclear material?

Depends on which nuclear material.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    any of the 'sinking ship' talk is dumb, because... so what?

it's just a defense mechanism people use to justify the loss of their perceived investment of time in their account to themselves when they quit.

if it's not fun anymore, quit!

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Oh, it's a sinking ship all right

Sinking like the USS Midway

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    FightTest wrote: »
    I really don't get why people can just queue for the new heroics when they have worse gear than it took to get into regular heroics. So sick of tanking for people doing under 10k dps wearing greens. Probably 50% of my groups are one person around 20k, one person at 10k, and someone below 10k. Get out.
    PvP gear.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hmm, apparently new beta patch is on the way. MMO Champ has a couple tier 14 pics:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2710-First-Mists-of-Pandaria-Beta-Patch!-Paladin-and-Warlock-Tier-14

I kind of like them. Warlocks get kind of a funny scary face helm :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Ok, so I came back recently due to the Scroll of Res and did the three new heroics a few times for gear good enough to do LFR, and then I ran through that a few times as well.

Now I've got an ilvl somewhere around 380 (damn blue shoulders are holding me back, only slot I haven't been able to upgrade).

Anyway, due to my long absence, I never actually played any of the original Cata heroics (or the Zulroics for that matter, though I'd done both of them a bunch when they were raids). I'd like to see them all before MoP comes out, so is there anything I should research before hitting the LFD button, or will being overgeared and having DBM installed be enough to get me through? I'm a rogue, by the way. Also will most of the dungeon quests be easily completable in LFD or are some of them things that won't get done in a random party?

I had a guildmate queue with me and coach me through my first time through the three new heroics, but he hasn't been on since (and the rest of my guild seemed to have stopped playing while I was away). For LFR, I basically went in blind. As we were clearing trash I would be reading the dungeon journal entry on the next boss, and then when the boss fight started I would rely on a combination of DBM and watching where everyone else ran. Seemed to work well enough since I never died unless we wiped (which thus far has only happened once at the final Deathwing fight).

On another note, I love being able to solo old raids. Tonight I cleared Molten Core (and had a half of the Thunderfury bindings drop!), then went to Kara and killed the first boss for a chance at the mount, then used my necklace to warp to Black Temple and see how I'd do there. I did okay, but it was actually possible for me to die there if I pulled too big of a crowd so I left after clearing half of the trash on the way to the first boss. Lastly I decided to head to AQ40 and try and get that red mount I never got. I farmed the four statues at the beginning for a while and then went on to kill Skeram and the Bug Trio. Got twenty mounts or so, but none of them red.

Speaking of AQ40, is there a way to solo Twin Emps? I figure I will go back and farm some more later this week and was curious if I could actually get past them. I have a few trinkets for summoning an ally (Barov Peasant Caller, that book that calls a skeleton, that furbolg summoning trinket, etc.) but since most of those summons are level 60 at best they'd only distract an Emperor for a few seconds at most and I don't think I'd have time to get to the other one and burn down his million hp.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    New beta build changes

Death Knight (Forums)
    Skills

Blood Boil: Now scales with 9.6% of AP, up from 8%.
    Death and Decay: Now scales with 6.4% of AP, down from 10.2%.
    Mind Freeze: No longer costs 1 Frost.
    Pestilence: Diseases spread this way no longer do 50% of normal damage. (Now 100%)
    Strangulate: Wording change to add "Shadowy tendrils".

Blood

Scent of Blood: Reworked: Your successful main-hand auto attacks have a chance to increase the healing and minimum healing done by your next Death Strike within 20 sec by 15%, and to generate 10 Runic Power. This effect stacks up to 5 times.
    Veteran of the Third War: No longer increases expertise, now reduces the cooldown of your Outbreak spell by 30 sec.

Druid (Forums)
    Skills

Astral Storm: Damage decreased to 241, down from 357.
    Mangle: Now also generates 0 rage when used in Bear Form and awards 1 combo point when used in Cat Form.

Guardian

Bear Hug: Now has a 5 yd range.

Hunter (Forums)
    Skills

Arcane Shot: ?

Beast Mastery

Focus Fire: No longer has a 15 sec cooldown. Now restores 10 Focus (was 4) to your pet and increases your ranged haste by 8% (was 3%).
    Frenzy: Your pet has a 40% chance to gain 15% increased attack speed after attacking with a Basic Attack, lasting for 20 sec and stacking up to 5 times.

Survival

Black Arrow: No longer has a 30 sec cooldown. Now does 110% Weapon damage, up from 85%. DoT damage increased to 4660, up from 3580. Wording removed: "Lock and Load cannot trigger from the damage done to these additional targets."
    Lock and Load: Now has a 10 sec cooldown. No longer works with Explosive Trap.
    Trap Mastery: No longer works with Black Arrow.

Mage (Forums)
    Skills

Ice Lance: Damage decreased to 388 to 495, down from 517 to 660. Bonus damage against frozen target now quadrupled, up from tripled.
    Mana Attunement: New. Your mana regeneration is increased by 300%.

Frost

Frozen Orb: Targets damaged by the Frost Orb are slowed by 30% for 2 sec, down from 40%.

Monk (Forums)
    Skills

Healing Sphere: Now sphere lasts 2 min, up from 30 sec.
    Meditation: Duration reduced to 8 sec, down from 10 sec.
    Roll: 50 energy cost removed.
    Spear Hand Strike: Renamed from Spear Hand.
    Spinning Crane Kick: Now as Channeled spell. Duration reduced to 3 sec, down from 6 sec.

Brewmaster

Dizzying Haze: Renamed from Drunken Haze.
    Mastery: Elusive Brawler: Renamed from Mastery: Drunken Brawler.
    Shuffle: Now has a 6 sec duration.
    Stance of the Sturdy Ox: Now also reduces the chance to be critically hit by -6%.
    Summon Black Ox Statue: Now has a 1.5 sec cast time, down from 6 sec. Duration increased to 15 min, up from 10 min.

Mistweaver

Renewing Mists: Now heals every 3 sec for 15 sec, up from every 1 sec for 10 sec.
    Stance of the Wise Serpent: Now also increases your spell and melee hit rating equal to your Spirit gained from items or effects.
    Summon Jade Serpent Statue: Now has a 1.5 sec cast time, down from 5 sec.

Windwalker

Afterlife: Sphere duration increased to 2 min, up from 30 sec.
    Summon White Tiger Statue: Now has a 1.5 sec cast time, down from 5 sec. Duration increased to 15 min, up from 6 min.

Paladin (Forums)
    Skills

Holy Light: Healing increased to 6579 to 7331, up from 4653 to 5185.
    Seal of Command: Now has a 1.5 sec cooldown.
    Seal of Insight: Now has a 1.5 sec cooldown.
    Seal of Righteousness: Now has a 1.5 sec cooldown.
    Seal of Truth: Now has a 1.5 sec cooldown. Now does [28% of AP + 14% of SPH] additional damage, up from [17.5% of AP + 9% of SPH].

Retribution

Seal of Justice: Now has a 1.5 sec cooldown.

Holy

Beacon of Light: Reworked: Your Holy Light will also heal the Beacon for 50*2}% of the amount healed. Your Holy Radiance will heal for X% of the amount healed. All other heals will heal for 50% of the amount healed.
    Daybreak: New. After casting Holy Radiance, your next Holy Shock will also heal other allies near its target for 50% of the healing done.
    Devotion Aura: Now reduces all magic damage taken, not just Fire, Frost, and Shadow.
    Holy Radiance: Now heals allies of the target for 50% of that amount, instead of a static number.
    Light of Dawn: Wording changed to remove "frontal cone".

Priest (Forums)
    Discipline

Atonement: Now also works with Penance.
    Spirit Shell: Shield absorbance increased to 9343, up from 5231.

Holy

Heal: Now heals for 6913 to 8034, up from 4839 to 5624.

Rogue (Forums)
    Skills

Fan of Knives: This attack has a chance of applying your active poisons at their normal rate.
    Master Poisoner: New. Increases the spell damage taken by any target you have poisoned by 5%.

Combat

Ambidexterity: Reworked: Increases the damage you deal with your off-hand weapon by 75%.
    Combat Potency: Slower off-hand weapons have a proportionally higher chance to trigger Combat Potency.
    Killing Spree: Now does 7 assaults, up from 5.

Assassination

Blindside: New. Performing a successful Mutilate has a 30% chance of leaving you in an advantageous position, enabling a single use of Dispatch regardless of the enemy target's health.
    Dispatch: Now does 225% weapon damage plus 859.5, up from 195% weapon damage plus 744.9.
    Mutilate: Now does 130% weapon damage, down from 140%.

Subtlety

Hemorrhage: Reworked: An instant strike that deals 100% weapon damage (145% if a dagger is equipped), causing profuse bleeding that deals an additional 40% of the direct strike's damage over 24 sec. Awards 1 combo point. Awards 1 combo point.

Shaman (Forums)
    Skills

Healing Surge: Healing increased to 8205 to 9374, up from 4975 to 5683.
    Stormlash Totem: New. Summons a Stormlash Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster, empowering allies within 30 yards with lightning. While empowered, allies' spells and attacks will trigger bursts of electricity, dealing additional Nature damage to their target. Lasts 10 sec. 5% of base mana, 5 min cooldown, Instant.

Restoration

Healing Wave: Healing increased to 5469 to 6248, up from 3109 to 3552.
    Riptide: Now costs 16% of base mana, up from 10%.

Enhancement

Lava Lash: No longer spreads your Flame Shock from the target to up to four enemies within 12 yards.
    Windfury Weapon: Duration increased to 60 minutes, up from 30 minutes.

Pet - Primal Earth Elemental

Reinforce: Shield also now increases healing done by 10%.

Pet - Primal Fire Elemental

Empower: Buff also now increases healing done by 10%.

Warlock (Forums)
    Skills

Command Demon: Most powerful spells changed:
    Imp: Cauterize Master
    Voidwalker: Disarm
    Succubus: Whiplash
    Felhunter: Spell Lock
    Felguard: Felstorm
    Create Healthstone: Now restores 20% of your maximum health, instead of 45% of the creator's base health.
    Curse of Enfeeblement: Now reduces physical damage by 20%, down from 30%.

Demonology

Demonic Leap: Wording removed: "Using this ability activates Metamorphosis."
    Metamorphosis: Now transformation grants increased damage dealt by 10%, instead of increased benefit of Demonic Fury.
    Metamorphosis: Cursed Auras: Now reduces physical damage by 20%, down from 30%.
    Nether Plating: While using a Demon Form (was Metamorphosis), your armor contribution from items increases by 400% (was 600%), the chance you'll be critically hit by melee attacks is reduced by 6% and the duration of stun and snare effects is reduced by 20% (was 50%).

Warrior (Forums)
    Skills

Battle Shout: Duration increased to 5 min, up from 2 min.
    Commanding Shout: Duration increased to 5 min, up from 2 min.
    Heroic Strike: Now does 100% (was 160%) weapon damage plus 498 (was 796.8) (140% (was 224%) plus 697 (was 1116) if a one-handed weapon is equipped).
    Skull Banner: Now increases critical damage by 20%, instead of critical chance by 30%.

Fury

Bloodthirst: Reworked: Instantly attack the target, dealing 100% weapon damage plus 1246 with your main hand weapon and restoring 1% of your health. Bloodthirst has an additional 40% chance to be a critical strike.
    Single-Minded Fury: Reworked: When you dual-wield one-handed weapons, all damage is increased by 35%, and your off-hand weapon will deal an additional 40% damage.
    Wild Strike: Now does 270% weapon damage, up from 135%.

Arms

Slam: Now does 225% weapon damage plus 2101.5, up from 150% weapon damage plus 1401.

Glyph Changes
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Hunter (Forums)

Glyph of Arcane Shot: Was Glyph of Concussive Shot. Your Arcane Shot also dazes the target, slowing movement speed by 50% and limiting maximum run speed for 6 sec.

Mage (Forums)

Glyph of Evocation: With the Invocation talent, this healing is reduced to 20% of your health, down from 30%.
    Glyph of Ice Block: When Ice Block terminates, it triggers an instant free Frost Nova and makes you immune to all spells for 3 sec.

Paladin (Forums)

Glyph of Contemplation: Allows you a moment of peace as you kneel in quiet contemplation to ponder the nature of the Light.
    Glyph of Dazing Shield: Now has a 10 sec daze duration.
    Glyph of Flash of Light: When you Flash of Light a target, it increases your next heal done to that target within 7 sec (was 4 sec) by 10% (was 30%).
    Glyph of Illumination: Your Holy Shock criticals grant 1% mana return, but Holy Insight (was Meditation) returns 10% less mana.
    Glyph of Seal of Blood: NYI removed.
    Glyph of Winged Vengeance: Your Avenging Wrath depicts 4 wings.

Priest (Forums)

Glyph of Psychic Scream: No longer works with your Psyfiend's Psychic Terror.
    Glyph of Spirit Tap: Now also works with Penance.

Rogue (Forums)

Glyph of Hemorrhage: Reworked: Your Hemorrhage ability only causes lingering damage over time to targets that were already afflicted by a Bleed effect.

Warlock (Forums)

Glyph of Curse of Exhaustion: Curse of Exhaustion now reduces the targets movement speed by 50% (was 70%), lasts half as long and has a 10 second (was 20 second) cooldown.
    Glyph of Demon Hunting: Grants the ability Threatening Presence. You imbue yourself with Demonic energies, reducing damage taken by 5% and allows the use of various demonic abilities. In addition, Soulshatter taunts your target, Twilight Ward will absorb all schools of damage and Demonic Slash is shorter range and generates fury.
    Glyph of Shadowflame: Now applies a 50% movement speed slow to its victims, down from 70%.
    Glyph of Soul Swap: Now has a 30 sec cooldown, up from 20 sec.

Warrior (Forums)

Bull Rush: Now increases the duration of your Charge stun by 0.75 sec, up from .5 sec.
    Glyph of Enduring Victory: When your Victory Rush or Impending Victory heal you, you grow slightly larger.
    Glyph of Furious Sundering: Now reduces the cost of Sunder Armor by 100%, up from 50%.
    Glyph of Hamstring: Now requires that you spend Rage to apply Hamstring.
    Glyph of Mystic Shout: Your Battle Shout and Commanding Shout cause you to hover in the air for 1 sec.
    Glyph of Resonating Power: Reworked: Reduces the damage of your Thunder Clap by 10%, but increases the duration of its Weakened Blows effect by 20%.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Hrm, the T14 pally armor looks really boring. I hope they give it one of the new fancy-pants belts.

It's not bad, it's just kinda generic.

The warlock armor on the other hand I think looks really cool. I think it could lose the medallion things though.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I like Blindside for Rogues. Should make the Assassination rotation more interesting.

Anyways, I kind of like Paladin t14. You get cool tiger shoulders :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Blindside seems to be 1hr alternate way to get Assasination to do 5cp finishers prior to 35% if we don't take that 10cp talent.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Warlock T14 is kinda awesome

The face is all 'rawr imma warlock imma bite you!'

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Ok, so I came back recently due to the Scroll of Res and did the three new heroics a few times for gear good enough to do LFR, and then I ran through that a few times as well.

Now I've got an ilvl somewhere around 380 (damn blue shoulders are holding me back, only slot I haven't been able to upgrade).

Anyway, due to my long absence, I never actually played any of the original Cata heroics (or the Zulroics for that matter, though I'd done both of them a bunch when they were raids). I'd like to see them all before MoP comes out, so is there anything I should research before hitting the LFD button, or will being overgeared and having DBM installed be enough to get me through? I'm a rogue, by the way. Also will most of the dungeon quests be easily completable in LFD or are some of them things that won't get done in a random party?

You should be able to do all the quests, but you might need several runs for some of them (e.g. Lost City requires you to kill two mobs and most runs only kill one). Also some quests (HoO comes to mind) require a quest chain on the outside before you can do them.

Your problem is mainly that your gear is too good. Even if you queue for a "normal" heroic, the system will prefer to put you in the 4.3 heroics. I think it would be better to just queue directly for the dungeons you want to do.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Since 4.3, I've only been in one of the launch heroics. I was pretty surprised upon zoning to tell you the truth. At the end, someone showed the dps metres, and the tank had something like 23-24k.

That seemed pretty high for 5 man, although I was wondering if perhaps those numbers had taken into account the bombing run at the start. Not that it mattered; if the not-so-great healer near the end of the instance is thanking the dps for making life very enjoyable, then the run must have been smooth.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular

Lawyers. 8->

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »

Lawyers. 8->

Doesn't the game's rating allow for that 'language'?

• Options
    I imagine it does, but they're not willing to risk it just incase.

Also, this black market sounds like a great gold sink, NPC's auction off rare items for players to bid on. :^:

• Options
    I imagine it does, but they're not willing to risk it just incase.

Also, this black market sounds like a great gold sink, NPC's auction off rare items for players to bid on. :^:

I was just now coming around to ask what this Black Market thing was. That sounds pretty fucking great.

Also, while playing my new Tauren character, I can't help but yearn for the damn race revamps. Even a preview of what's to come for dwarves, just to see how much the bar is being raised. /whine

• Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    I started a new char on Silvermoon (EU) and made a human priest. I also still have an 85 Shaman and 78 Hunter sitting around that I might move over to Silvermoon. What's the fastest route nowadays to being able to access all the content? I'm guessing for my Priest it's just questing vanilla ->60 Outlands to ->70 Northrend ->80 then Cata ->85, but then do I progress through all the 85 dungeons or do I quest through Firelands then just start gearing up with the 4.3 dungeons?

My Shammy was geared up well enough to raid before 4.3 with a few pre-raid BiS but now going back to him he can't even queue for LFR because his ilevel is too low. Do I have to do the pre 4.3 raids first?

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Firstly you should switch to Outland at 58 and Northrend at 68. Cata zones start at 80, though.

And no, you don't have to do any pre 4.3 raids. When you hit 85 you should look at the faction vendors for any gear you can buy. Also spend all your Justice points you hopefully have accumulated on the way to 85 (the cap of 4000 is easily reached while leveling). This should make you eligible for regular heroics. Get gear from there + JP/VP. Start queuing for the 4.3 heroics when you can and then LFR.

If you like you can do the Thrall questline for a ilevel365 cloak and the Firelands questline for one or two 378 items from the first vendor. Doing both should take like 2 hours max and the Firelands questline can be done while queued in LFD.

If you want to cheese the LFD/R requirements you can also do PvP (even while leveling) and buy some PvP items. 2set is pretty much worth it for every damagedealer.

Another tip is to look at which Cata faction has your head enchant (e.g. priest would be Hyjal, shaman would also be Hyjal or Ramkahen for Enhancement) and do their zone while leveling or inbetween queues at 85. I generally don't bother with Therazane shoulder enchants for alts (because Deepholm sucks) but ymmv.

Grobian on
  • Options
    aww I liked Deepholm, all the purty crystals. I also seem to have a weird compulsion to do all the quests even if two zones are the same level in the expansion packs. Think I might be able to get past that with Outland now though since I hate the highest level zones so much.

Also, questing in 3D (PC hooked up to a 3DTV) is surprisingly great. The framerate hit and weird UI issues might be a problem for group content but all the zones look fresh when you can appreciate the distances better. Even that stupid Kobold cave near Goldshire was more exciting.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Pally T14 don't look all that bad.

In other news, H Blackhorn down. Probably could have spent some time on H Spine but we hadn't done any research on it yet.

• Options
    it's about time someone crossed the power rangers with thundercats in a steam punk infused fantasy setting

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    On a related note, do you think Pandaren Shaman will have different totems depending on if they are horde or alliance? Heck, what does the game currenty call Bloodlust/Heroism in your spellbook before you pick a faction? (Assuming the spellbook still shows you future abilities like it does now)
    Same totems, regardless of faction. Pandas don't have Bloodlust/Heroism in their spellbook before you pick a faction (the only level 70 ability in their book is Artisan Flying). I assume the correct one shows up after you do.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Grobian wrote: »
    and the Firelands questline for one or two 378 items from the first vendor. Doing both should take like 2 hours max and the Firelands questline can be done while queued in LFD.
    Firelands questline?

If you're talking about Molten Front, all the vendor gear there is only 365.

Lawyers. 8->
    It's even more lame since that's what those abilities are called in Warcraft 3. Also, you can already get drunk in the game, so it doesn't feel like a "lawyers" thing, in this case.

forty on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Henroid wrote: »

Lawyers. 8->

Doesn't the game's rating allow for that 'language'?

Yeah, I pointed this out with my guild last night. There's numerous references to alcohol in the game. Hell, there's an entire holiday around getting drunk.

Edit: So it seems that Blizzard made Unleashed Fury and Primal Elementals better for resto. Still, it feels like a sloppy change, especially for the elementals. I think the Elementals and Elemental Blast talents should behave differently for resto. Have EB heal people instead of do damage, and have the Fire ele talent turn it into a water ele that heals people instead of doing damage. Something interesting.

Edit 2: Stormlash Totem looks interesting, though...

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

In other news, H Blackhorn down. Probably could have spent some time on H Spine but we hadn't done any research on it yet.

Paladin tier gear hasn't looked awesome since Ulduar. /opinion

488W936.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »

Paladin tier gear hasn't looked awesome since Ulduar. /opinion

Well, I'd argue ICC was pretty close (needed to be legs and not a dress though), and FL and DS tiers were also really good.

At least we've moved away from the abominations like T1, T7, and T11.

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    I read something earlier that suggested only female pandarens had red panda coloring options. I'm glad to see that's not the case.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Apparently Rogues are losing Safe Fall in MoP? (Presumably so Pandaren Rogues can't double dip with their racial?)

I'm going to die so many times from fall damage now. Maybe they can put it back on the Duskbat Drape, I'm pretty sure I still have mine in my bank somewhere.

• Options
    Lars wrote: »
    Apparently Rogues are losing Safe Fall in MoP? (Presumably so Pandaren Rogues can't double dip with their racial?)
    Where did they say that? Seems unlikely.

• Options
    Are there any pics at all to do with the new character models?

• Options
    WhoaFooglesWhoaFoogles Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So, how 'bout that new vendor filter? Will be so nice not having to sift through several pages of stuff trying to find something without int or agility on it.

The T14 pally armor looks leagues better than the godawful challenge set. I really like the warlock set too.

@TPSou: I doubt we'll see any of those until after MoP launches. Blizz has said they won't be ready for release, but will be able to focus on them once Pandaria is polished up.

WhoaFoogles on
This discussion has been closed.