As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Is this your [chat]?

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    hmm

1MbEt.jpg

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    21st, just get an anesthetic. either norwegian dentists suck or abd has some weird nerve damage that dampens pain... or he is being machismo. dental work with anesthetic is painless. it is more discomfort from holding your mouth open wide than anything else. dental work without anesthetic can be incredibly painful, depending on the procedure. and normally anesthetic works perfectly fine. the only annoying thing about most injections is that your mouth stays numb for many hours.

Sometimes the aneasthetic just won't take. One of my back molars had that problem for some reason.

i'm sure that happens, but still try and get an anesthetic!

a lot of pain for a short time is better than a big annoyance for a long time

ftOqU21.png
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    oh my god, this owl's expression

attenborough is describing these rabbit-like animals, they apparently appropriate old burrowing owl's tunnels for a group colony but the owls don't seem to object too much. So the rodents are fighting etc. and the owls are just sitting in the center looking, I don't know, you tell me:
    owl.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    God, buying petrol was a nightmare. Everyone is panic-buying.

Also, @Mojo_Jojo everyone lives in College rooms at Cambridge from 1st year to Masters to PhD. You have to get special permission to live outside of College if you're a student there, plus College rents are fairly reasonable. Hence, no real rental market.
    Really? I had a few friends do PhDs there and none lived in college rooms. I didn't realise they were FREAKS.

It does explain the lack of cheap accommodation though.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I don't care for scotch either

I don't like the flavors of smoke or peat

hmm

1MbEt.jpg

It is so hilarious that there are people who just like up and praise the lord in everyday conversation like this.

ftOqU21.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I really want to bring a bottle of Macallan 18 to split with some of my bros this weekend, but they aren't really scotch drinkers. Should I also bring a bottle of Johnny Blue for babbies?

#agedinoakproblems

i've only had scotch once. it tasted like lemon pine-sol mixed with something i'd expect to come in an all black bottle adorned in a skull and crossbones. fucking repulsive.

my girlfriend says it smells like melting plastic

you guys probably both lack the breeding to appreciate it

now granted the bit i tried was offered to me by kakos, and he has expensive (but possibly awful) taste

it is easily the most disgusting alcohol i've ever tasted by an order of several magnitudes

i love whiskey, though

scotch is flavoured by burning swamp moss. it's not for everyone. i'm not a huge fan myself; the flavours are interesting but i prefer whiskeys that taste mostly like something i would actually find edible, like vanilla/fruit/caramel

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    21st, just get an anesthetic. either norwegian dentists suck or abd has some weird nerve damage that dampens pain... or he is being machismo. dental work with anesthetic is painless. it is more discomfort from holding your mouth open wide than anything else. dental work without anesthetic can be incredibly painful, depending on the procedure. and normally anesthetic works perfectly fine. the only annoying thing about most injections is that your mouth stays numb for many hours.

Sometimes the aneasthetic just won't take. One of my back molars had that problem for some reason.

it really isn't a big annoyance at all. for most people, an anesthetic means little to no pain. then just a weird numbness for a few hours. unless you plan on going on a big date or running a marathon within six hours of the appointment, get an anesthetic. this is a really weird position you're holding. i'm sorry the medication doesn't work for you- for the majority of us it's a godsend.

Now there is a rumor that Wii U/Steam may have cross platform saves

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Also, @Mojo_Jojo everyone lives in College rooms at Cambridge from 1st year to Masters to PhD. You have to get special permission to live outside of College if you're a student there, plus College rents are fairly reasonable. Hence, no real rental market.
    Really? I had a few friends do PhDs there and none lived in college rooms. I didn't realise they were FREAKS.

They might still have been living in College accommodation, though. A lot of Colleges have houses throughout Cambridge that they rent to postgrads rather than them living directly in College.

i actually find it rather charming when someone praises the lord mid-conversation

i'm not sure why

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    hmm

1MbEt.jpg

It is so hilarious that there are people who just like up and praise the lord in everyday conversation like this.

1) Start "Jesus Christ" facebook account
    2) Amass followers
    3) Keep up the con for months
    4) Start trolling the shit out of people who "thank the Lord" for things.

nibXTE7.png
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So our minister of defense just resigned over a scandal where we are apparently building an arms factory for the Saudi. Saudis being oppressors and we having rules and that jazz. Apparently this is the fifth of top level ministers that have resigned during the current government. That's a lot.

Just from memory one cheated on her taxes, one broke building code or something. My favorite one though is the guy who's now in the pen serving time for buying sex from immigrant slave prostitutes.

PSN: Honkalot
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    hmm

1MbEt.jpg

My mom thanked God profusely when we got a big tax refund. No, it was the CPA and IRS! It's math!

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Also, Mojo_Jojo everyone lives in College rooms at Cambridge from 1st year to Masters to PhD. You have to get special permission to live outside of College if you're a student there, plus College rents are fairly reasonable. Hence, no real rental market.

They might still have been living in College accommodation, though. A lot of Colleges have houses throughout Cambridge that they rent to postgrads rather than them living directly in College.
    Ah. Okay. Then yes, I'd say this is what happened.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule

it really isn't a big annoyance at all. for most people, an anesthetic means little to no pain. then just a weird numbness for a few hours. unless you plan on going on a big date or running a marathon within six hours of the appointment, get an anesthetic. this is a really weird position you're holding. i'm sorry the medication doesn't work for you- for the majority of us it's a godsend.

the numbness turns to tingling and then it's like you've got a huge itch you can't scratch and graaaahrg

I don't like it at all.

ftOqU21.png
    Also browsing the Internet on my iPhone is now horrible.

scotch is flavoured by burning swamp moss. it's not for everyone. i'm not a huge fan myself; the flavours are interesting but i prefer whiskeys that taste mostly like something i would actually find edible, like vanilla/fruit/caramel

this is why I really like a nice sipping rum

it tastes like delicious and you can get a nice bottle for ~$40

• Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Now there is a rumor that Wii U/Steam may have cross platform saves

Man

If Wii U has Steam integration, I won't even care if it's underpowered.

yGxvf.png
    edited March 2012
    Ahhhh fuck Dave Mustane is a "Birther"

EDIT:

FUCK ME
    In the new interview, Mustaine said that Santourm “…just looks like he could be a really cool president, kinda like a JFK type of guy.”

bloodyroarxx on

i like saying the word rum

rummmmm

and smiling at the "mmm" part

Haha yes. The minister of culture who for 16 years had evaded paying the tv-license.

While not a crime, the tv-license pays is a huge deal of keeping some art mainly tv and radio free of charge.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    The film crew seem to be positively aiming for a mildly annoyed "I'm not the topic of this documentary, am I? No? Thought not" look, there's a scene where all the rodents are fleeing some predator and right when the documentary focuses on the panicking creche there's a goddamn owl right in the center with the most bored expression on its face.

aRkpc.gif
    edited March 2012
    I have christian friends. And I have other friends whom the other christian friends think are "too christian."

But like, they don't go around praising the lord for shit that happens. To me and my cultural sensibilities it seems like the people who do have some disorder.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sarksus wrote: »
    hmm

1MbEt.jpg

My mom thanked God profusely when we got a big tax refund. No, it was the CPA and IRS! It's math!
    It's the goddess Fortuna.

wandering on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    who wants to talk about mechwarrior with me

919UOwT.png
    Ahhhh fuck Dave Mustane is a "Birther"

EDIT:

FUCK ME
    In the new interview, Mustaine said that Santourm “…just looks like he could be a really cool president, kinda like a JFK type of guy.”

lolmustaine

I already pledged to not listen to Megadeth after reading his stupid bullshit.

yGxvf.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Skippy all up on dat mount gay.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    TehSloth wrote: »

ron zacapa 23 is my go-to

Gooey wrote: »

I want Mechwarrior Tactics on the iPad.

Honk wrote: »
    Haha yes. The minister of culture who for 16 years had evaded paying the tv-license.

While not a crime, the tv-license pays is a huge deal of keeping some art mainly tv and radio free of charge.

One guy sent 11 kilos of coins to pay for his (late) TV-license.

Used 2499 coins to pay 1499,50 kr (including 255,- postage)

ftOqU21.png
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    any of you butts use mindbloom (http://www.mindbloom.com) and want to be my tree friend? It's sort of like a self improvement site where you can set goals in various areas of your life. i like it in a mellow sort of way.

Okay how do I add someone?
    click on the multi-tree icon at the bottom middle of the screen and it should guide you from there. My email is dynagrip@gmail.com

edited March 2012

I'll talk the machwarrior talk.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

I do!

Read the news about Epic Mickey 3DS, and decided to find ye ole Castle of Illusion cartridge.

Playing a whole game in one go is gonna be one trip to the bad part of the past.

yGxvf.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Why are people panic buying petrol? I feel I've missed some important world news in my quest to utterly ignore Australian political rhetoric.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I have christian friends. And I have other friends whom the other christian friends think are "too christian."

But like, they don't go around praising the lord for shit that happens. To me and my cultural sensibilities it seems like the people who do have some disorder.

"Defining one's personality by a singular interest" is annoying any way you slice it. See also: weeaboos, stoners, etc

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

ron zacapa 23 is my go-to

I usually only drink rum when my friends buy it for parties, so Admiral Nelson is about as fancy as that gets.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    any of you butts use mindbloom (http://www.mindbloom.com) and want to be my tree friend? It's sort of like a self improvement site where you can set goals in various areas of your life. i like it in a mellow sort of way.

Okay how do I add someone?
    click on the multi-tree icon at the bottom middle of the screen and it should guide you from there. My email is dynagrip@gmail.com

Done.

yGxvf.png
    Honk wrote: »

One guy sent 11 kilos of coins to pay for his (late) TV-license.

Used 2499 coins to pay 1499,50 kr (including 255,- postage)

Hahaha this is so great
    and perfectly legal.

I don't have kilos of coins but I can start saving more change.

This discussion has been closed.