As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Game Over! Way to go killer p.50 The Unfortunate Voyage of the Harbinger

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Also munkus said he would accept a playerlist that was greater than 50 players if he brought people in 5 at a time.

So I would assume that at least 1 in 5 are mafia. Or 10 for this game.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    So I actually think corvidae saying that makes Langly less suspicious, because that is way too much positive association to draw between fellow mafia. I think Langly (probably) just made a mistake, and corvidae decided he would use the fact that a big name was on the Segatai wagon to try and pull more of the village that way, since infidel was with anialos and he probably figured it would be a hard sell to pull off the switch.

corvidae supports Langly's post and says he is "trustworthy" but corv was mafia, so Langly is probably mafia. But based on this logic, it was a setup and Langly is not mafia.

Oh Phalla.

I have to admit that I am suspicious of Egos based on his quoted day 1 post. You can say it is circumstantial possibly, and that may be true. My gut tells me things. It told me:

AkimboLegs
    Egos
    Alegis
    godmode (because he is the last remaining Marine, and I just assumed 1/4 was evil to be safe; this is based solely on Maths I made up)

McKinney eyed Gordon warily as he chomped on the nasty bit of MRE he'd scrounged up, "I don't like losing troops, especially not that way. You were with him, but lived? Why didn't you chase that fool and put him down."

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Nullzone wrote: »
    s/Analios/Anialos/ig

You broke the magic box!

lol you jerk you actually made me go check >_>

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    I've found gaslights behavior odd. His presence on that wagon gives me the last bit I needed to vote for him.

But mojo and dumpshock seem decent just from general behavior.

I figured somebody would look askance at me ever since SeGa turned out to be village. It's true, I was one of the early votes on him day 2. I want to point out, though, that at the time there were still a bunch of people log-jammed at about 2-4 votes each. I didn't particularly like any of those votes at the time, and then SeGa made his post which I and several other people thought was odd. It wasn't much to go on, but it seemed like more than there was for anybody else. It did make me a little uncomfortable how fast the wagon for SeGa picked up. But it wasn't like there was some other definite wagon going at the time that I countered by voting for SeGa; it ended up being SeGa versus Anialos at the end of that day, but Anialos only had a couple votes at the time - his wagon didn't pick up momentum really until later on, when Infidel settled on him (after voting for SeGa himself and then changing his mind).

As for seeming odd...well, there's not a whole lot one can say in response to that.

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So, going over the known mafioso. (All times in EST. Subtract 1 hour to get game time).

Maximus: He was inactive all game, so we can't exactly examine his behaviour to establish any sort of pattern or possible given orders, but we can take a look at who was talking about him. For example, when Assuran chose him as a target on Day 1, what was the reaction? When he died and was revealed as mafia that night, what were people saying?

Day 1: Assuran calls his kill on Maximus [10:04 PM]. Egos comments on Assuran's kill and suggests he change it, because Maximus will likely die to inactivity anyway [10:24 PM]. Egos clarifies [10:43 PM].

Day 2: We've already been over this, but Skull Man then had an interesting reaction to Maximus's death. He begins by suggesting it wasn't a kill and was just an inactivity death, despite very clear narrative indication of the contrary: [1:34 AM] [1:57 AM] [11:33 AM] [12:14 PM] [12:19 PM] [12:52 PM] [12:58 PM] etc.

Aaand, that's pretty much it. Nothing very telling, but there it is. NEXT!

corvidae: He has more to go on than Maximus, but he was not especially active. Let's review his posts.

Day 1: He votes for Egos at [8:00 AM]. Malkor responds by at [8:22 AM] by voting for corvidae. Egos questions corvidae about his vote, and he claims a grudge at [7:38 PM].

Day 2: At [2:36 PM], he votes for citizen. Amid SeGaTai nonsense, posts RP at [7:30 PM] Post at [7:58 PM]. At [9:18 PM], says he'll follow Langly and hops on Seg wagon.

Day 3: At [4:27 AM] complains about 4 post minimum, but says he'll post with no BS. Stresses that narration is fluff, "Munkus even said so." Placeholder on Mojo. Says he's drunk at [4:31 AM] and votes Shabooty. Changes at [4:43 AM] to Anialos. Comes back at [2:57 PM] with some RP and points to my analysis post. At [3:13 PM] remarks that Infidel is rambling. Infidel was attacking Langly and supporters. At [4:48 PM] comments about guard fluff. Junk post at [7:56 PM] Edited post at [8:50 PM] that was supposed to be a PM. At [8:52 PM], Egos quotes what corvidae originally wrote: are/were you and egos talking? He says, "no." Edit timestamp on corv's post matches the timestamp on Egos' reply. Could be a legitimate response by Egos. [10:17 PM] makes a junk post. Then he dies that night to the SK.

So, a bit more to go on. I think his little PM/post slip-up could yield fruit. It's interesting that no one really called attention to it, but it's very possible that is how the SK found his target, quietly. Who was he sending the PM to? Who was he networking with in PMs? If it was another mafia, why not just use the proboards? I'm also a bit suspicious of his "drunk" votes early in the morning. I'm not saying he wasn't actually drunk, but I am saying it's odd one of those votes was for his fellow mafioso. Were the others as well? Would that be too easy?

Edit: And note there was a link between corvidae and Egos on two occasions: one a slip up.

I'd do the same summary for Anialos, but he has many, many more posts. I might later. We'll see.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Do ve even know vho is eating it tonight? I vould like some company in thee medbay tonight! I do not ask question just answer with the truth. So my deeries vho vould like to join me tonight?

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
    Figgy wrote: »
    Day 1: Assuran calls his kill on Maximus [10:04 PM]. Egos comments on Assuran's kill and suggests he change it, because Maximus will likely die to inactivity anyway [10:24 PM]. Egos clarifies [10:43 PM].
    This plus what I posted earlier makes me sure about Egos now. You can brag about how you are smarter than that and not so obvious but you are setting off all the alarms in my head right now.

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Just for fun, I'll go over Egos' activity. Give me a few.

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    between REG and Figgy I'm seeing a fair bit of argument for Egos[color]

as to the stuff about me, I don't have anything to add to what I said before. I was reading too deep into the narrative

god damn it

Egos

• CitizenCitizen Registered User regular
    I was really wierded out by Infidels claim you couldn't get guarded if you reveal but I don't see how he could be any more village. That is one bizarre mechanic.
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Looking at day 2 on magic box, I'm curious what Shabooty has to say about his position, coming in on top of SeGaTai and (perhaps circumstantially) pulling Analios out of the fire at the last minute. He was the 16th person to hop on the Analios bandwagon on day 3, and by that point that train had already run away from the mafia and I think they knew it. (Corvidae even voted for Analios, and early, no less.)

He also hasn't been posting much, has late-bandwagoned every vote, and at least passively tried to defend Analios during Infidel's inquisition.

I like this reasoning. Shabooty. Egos sounds good too though. I support the gift of vacuum for both of them.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    The problem with picking egos based on what corv's pm was supposed to be "have you been talking with egos" doesn't really mean anything. Egos' reply was definitely supposed to be a joke (the post didn't specify who was talking with egos. Egos saying "No" was pretty obviously facetious), and the pm would definitely not have been going to egos himself, because that doesn't make any sense.

So the situation could be that corv was soft networking with someone, and was trying to figure out who egos had been talking to, for whatever reason. He could, yes, have been trying to soft network and act like he wasn't in contact with egos, even though they were mafia buddies.

He could have actually been meaning to post to the proboard and accidentally posted it here, which would be hilarious.

Anyway, the day one post he made is odd, but I'm not sure it's enough to hang him. Especially when we know that there are mafia on the late sega wagon. There's at least one more on it, I'm sure.

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Finally I can confidently return to my old phalla habbits

follow Infidel even if he jumps off a cliff

the only way I would have it
    my return is complete

Egos' activity:

Day 1: Asks why corvidae votes him at [1:24 PM]. Posts at [1:55 PM]. Votes [4:33 PM] and says "baddies rarely vote each other on day 1. At [5:00 PM], defends his reasoning of corv vote based on previous phalla. Provides links at [5:06 PM]. Reiterates at [5:10 PM]. Seems to be working hard to provide a concrete reason for that vote. Post at [5:12 PM]. [8:22 PM] replies to corv's clarification of vote against him. More defense. Youtube vid at [8:30 PM]. Post at [9:51 PM]. Youtube vid at [9:54 PM]. Votes Nirya at [10:21 PM]. [10:24 PM] posts about Assuran's kill target. [10:43 PM] posts clarification.

Day 2: [12:09 AM] junk post. [12:17 PM] post Youtube vid. [1:42 AM] discusses narration with Skull Man--what Maximus's death was attributed to. Does not mislead. [3:16 AM] posts Youtube vid. At [6:03 PM] replies to Bedlam who suspects him: I would be smarter than that. [6:21 PM] responds again about it, also says Skull Man is probably not mafia, because his network would have "stopped him" from posting as he did. [6:25 PM] agrees Personface vote is dumb. At [6:26 PM] replies to Gaslight's question about his Skull Man defense. Says again he thinks Skull Man is not mafia. At [6:59 PM], agrees with Alegis that Anialos is suspicious... but doesn't vote. Junk post at [7:02 PM]. Lengthy post at [7:20 PM] about SNT, votes Anialos, and says he could be swayed to vote SNT. Was only the 2nd vote on Anialos, late day, and with a wagon already elsewhere. Also seems like too much justification so late in the game for a vote that will clearly go nowhere anyway. [7:55 PM] responds to Gaslight about the Anialos vote. Responds to corvidae about Gaslight confusing Assuran/Alegis at [8:01 PM]. Disagrees with SeGaTai bandwagon at [8:08 PM]. [9:47 PM] post.

Day 3: Youtube vid at [2:44 AM]. [2:44] again, responds to Alegis's post about Egos's suspicious posts being a "recurring silly joke." [2:46] post. Votes for Anialos at [2:57 PM]. I think the 4th vote for Anialos that day, but remember corvidae voted for him earlier. [3:23 PM] about SeG wagon. [3:36 PM] Youtube vid. [3:44 PM] comments about previous phalla SK. Speculation about mafia unblockable kill at [4:57 PM]. Post at [5:04 PM]. [8:03 PM] posts about Ketbra's "busy" post. [8:52 PM] responds to corvidae's edited mistake PM. [10:09 PM] posts joke forum.

Day 4: [11:29 PM] posts Youtube vid. [12:03 AM] joke post. [1:47 AM] Youtube vid.

Now, the excessive Youtube video posting. Is this normal for him? This phalla will soon have a 4 post minimum, and it makes sense to establish a reason to post often... like being the one who posts random videos all game. What about times when he was especially active and then times when known mafia were as well? Do they match up?

edited March 2012
    Egos was one of the first to vote on asalios or whatever his name was with reasoning/conviction after I sort-of-randomly picked his name.

Figgy I liked you in the steam thread and now I like you even more in the phalla thread

Alegis on
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Why aren't we analyzing more of what Infidel has been saying? He was just proven to be right and alot of his previous comments were based on the fact that if he was right, then we would have more leads to go off of.

Magic box, I love you so much. Seriously Phyphor, this thing is amazing and it allowed me to read just Infidel's posts which gave me these two:
    Infidel wrote: »
    Was discussed earlier about Anialos following me and the basis of Egos vote. The first exchange was on day 1 and is helping tip me towards voting !Anialos.

If it pans out, we can look at daniant for attempting to establish a good voting record on a throwaway.
    Capfalcon is on notice for splitting the vote on Anialos/daniant, if it pans out that they're mafia then I'm looking at him to follow them in the dead book.

These are the only two conclusions I could find regarding what it would mean if Anialos was mafia.

So daniant for now.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    To be fair, maximus is known for always going innactive

steam_sig.png
    Daniant jumped on the Anialos wagon just over 1 hour from vote close, when Anialos already had almost 20 votes. Seems like a careless move if you're mafia. Why bother?

And I need to learn to use that Magic Box. I'm sure it would make this all much easier for me than my current method.. which is shit.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    It makes daniant more suspicious but I think we have even better odds in the votes still. The daniant connection is a day 1 throwaway but I wanted to be sure people didn't forget about it if I died.

OrokosPA.png
    Daniant jumped on the Anialos wagon just over 1 hour from vote close, when Anialos already had almost 20 votes. Seems like a careless move if you're mafia. Why bother?

Infidel's suspicions came from day one's throwaway vote onto Anialos. That's what led him to Anialos and Daniant on day one/two and resulted in us hitting mafia. His conclusion was that if Anialos was mafia, then we need to look at daniant for trying to create a good voting record starting on day one.

correct me if I am wrong here infidel

Daniant did vote Anialos as a throwaway Day 1, then he voted him last night as well.

His total of 7 posts isn't really helping him, either. Most of those are garbage, and his first vote was "Oh I forgot this was going on!"

Daniant is a she

steam_sig.png
    edited March 2012
    Daniant did vote Anialos as a throwaway Day 1, then he voted him last night as well.

His total of 7 posts isn't really helping him, either. Most of those are garbage, and his first vote was "Oh I forgot this was going on!"

Daniant is a lady.

Edit: Beaten.

Gaslight on
    Daniant, Shiney new toys, Lonelyahava, Vertroue, Taya,

All ladies.

Ladies :winky:

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    shabooty on the theory that corv messed up and drunkvoted the wrong mafia before switching to anialos

the death of a possibly mafia quasi-inactive wouldn't be the worst thing in the world

if nothing else, you mentioning it is likely to get some previously quiet mafiosos tripping over themselves to post to dissuade guild

which should be pretty obvious!

Figgy it is why I leave the analysis up to you guys.

Blood and Fire
    Dani is a she btw.

Blood and Fire

Incident Report #A546FB98

Date: Day 4 since the terrorist attack
    Time:
    Offending Citizens: All the men
    Incident Type: S69

Description of Incident:
    Sexual misconduct. Its been three days without sex and alot of the men are getting restless. They keep pointing out that certain people alive are, in fact, women.

Filed by:
    Clark Wayne
    Officer 542020

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular

Time:

Description of Incident:
    Sexual misconduct. Its been three days without sex and alot of the men are getting restless. They keep pointing out that certain people alive are, in fact, women.

Filed by:
    Clark Wayne
    Officer 542020

These crack me up

This exchange of posts is looking real odd to me now.

Anyways, Shabooty's vote here broke the tie on Anialos and Segatai.
    Shabooty wrote: »
    SeGaTai

because I trust langly

though this may be the game where I regret doing so
    Shabooty wrote: »
    Anialos wrote: »
    I find these two wagons counter to Anialos convenient. Liking that vote even more.

I'd still like an answer to why there is even a wagon on me in the first place? Forgive my newness, but following the lead of a veteran doesn't seem to be suspicious behavior to me. I only voted for Seg to save my own hide, so that bandwagon is a non-starter? Please, if you desire my death, at least tell why?

I made the post why already? Why are you acting like I didn't?

why would that be suspicious?

he probably just missed a post

Shady posts during the critical moments and the target I feel strongest about.

!Shabooty

OrokosPA.png

Infidel's suspicions came from day one's throwaway vote onto Anialos. That's what led him to Anialos and Daniant on day one/two and resulted in us hitting mafia. His conclusion was that if Anialos was mafia, then we need to look at daniant for trying to create a good voting record starting on day one.

correct me if I am wrong here infidel

The lead on Anialos was posted by Egos and I pretty much endorsed it. I found and pointed out the day 1 connection which would implicate daniant if Anialos turned up mafia.

OrokosPA.png
    Hmmm it zeems like I do ave a candidate for tonight's fun. Vell that sounds good to me bring him in boys! Bring me my dear Shabootttyyy thee poor soul, let me comfort him before he iz to face thee truth.

Blood and Fire

Time:

Description of Incident:

Filed by:
    Clark Wayne
    Officer 542020

hmm Vell you could bring them by thee medbay for some fun..Owever They vould ave to submit to the truth before hand.

Blood and Fire
    sha-boo-ty

da-ni-ant

Alegis wrote: »
    sha-boo-ty

da-ni-ant

Coincidence? :lol:

OrokosPA.png
    In-fi-del?

steam_sig.png
    Sp-o-it?

(Dammit.)

OrokosPA.png
    Alegis wrote: »
    sha-boo-ty

da-ni-ant

Coincidence? :lol:

Perhaps.

Alright, don't buy into the idea of Shabooty being a mistaken Corv drunkvote or whatever, but he gets my vote for the general lack of activity, voting late on the SeGa wagon on day 2 (and putting responsibility for it on somebody else), and voting late on the Anialos wagon when it was long since a foregone conclusion on day 3.

I am also pretty certain we have at least a couple of mafia and likely the SK too among the other people who have largely been keeping their heads down all game.