As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Is this your [chat]?

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Also, @DoctorArch, I hope you're getting ME3 for PC.

Speaking of which: I finally started the singleplayer of ME3 last night. So fucking great.

:^:

Yeah it is, I haven't finished so it's still amazing IMO just did
    The asari monastery place with the banshees, also, my man date with Garrus which was awesome

Those
    banshees
    are fucking rough

Heh, yeah, didn't help that I was trying out a new shotgun that wasn't nearly as good as the one I usually use.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • hanskeyhanskey Registered User regular
    hanskey wrote: »

Speaking of which: I finally started the singleplayer of ME3 last night. So fucking great.
    Dude, I'm hanskey on PC multiplayer ME3. You should friend me, so we can slaughter together!!
    I am Thanatosian. You should add me, since I'm not at my home computer.
    As soon as I get home, that's the first thing I'm doing ... and adding desc of course.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Tonight! I will make falafel.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    ME3 MP is probably the best thing about ME3

Ludious on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    There is a place that does an awesome gyro within walking distance of my house (well, technically not a gyro because the place ain't greek, it's lebanese but, similar concept).

You guys are making me want one too.
    There's a Middle Eastern place that is staffed either by Lebanese or Palestinians about a mile and a half from my apartment that is fucking delicious, and they totally call them "Gyros."

• mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    mindspork wrote: »

The asari monastery place with the banshees, also, my man date with Garrus which was awesome

Those
    banshees
    are fucking rough

Those fuckers are why I haven't finished the game yet.

Yeah. There's a fight with 2 of them and a bunch of Marauders near the end that kicked my ass for like 30 minutes. Argh. They're real bitches in the MP, too.

ME3 spoilerzzzz
    London, after you take out the turret?

Dude, I'm hanskey on PC multiplayer ME3. You should friend me, so we can slaughter together!!
    I am Thanatosian. You should add me, since I'm not at my home computer.
    As soon as I get home, that's the first thing I'm doing ... and adding desc of course.
    Shit ... I think I ended up in a random match-up with you at least once!?

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Man, I feel like guacamole is almost not worth the labor investment when I could have been making hummus.

This is terrible. Guacamole > hummus any day.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    So [chat], should I get a gyro or a cheesesteak for dinner on my way home tonight?
    Where are you? If you're not in Philly, then get a gyro.
    I need to go to Philly and have a cheesesteak there for comparison purposes.

Somehow, I don't think it will stack up.

I want to find this one place I went to as a kid in Nicetown, but I think they're gone forever.

Those cheese steaks were amazing.

There's a place called Nicetown?

That just strikes me as being really sinister.

it's a section of the city, and yeah it doesn't look nice.

Yeah, I only trust descriptively named cities when they're somewhat disparaging. Like, my grandma lives in Old Town and just about everything about that place is old and shitty.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

Those
    banshees
    are fucking rough

Yeah. There's a fight with 2 of them and a bunch of Marauders near the end that kicked my ass for like 30 minutes. Argh. They're real bitches in the MP, too.

ME3 spoilerzzzz

Yeah.
    You have to defend some missile launchers to take down a Reaper.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Post-lunch sleeeeeeeeeepy

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Man, I feel like guacamole is almost not worth the labor investment when I could have been making hummus.

This is terrible. Guacamole > hummus any day.

I feel like the quality of guacamole ranges considerably, whereas hummus has always been consistent for me.

Psn:wazukki
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Hmm, there's a Greek place a couple of miles away. Maybe tomorrow I'll hike on over, try them out.

Those
    banshees
    are fucking rough

ME3 spoilerzzzz

Yeah.
    You have to defend some missile launchers to take down a Reaper.

Don't think I'm quite there yet. All I know is there's at least one, I'm an Infiltrator, and that blink shit sucks balls when you're trying to line up a soht.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Whenever I play mobas, it's not an interactive experience. Either I'm bad or just have insane bad luck but from like 5 minutes and forward there's absolutely nothing I can do.

PSN: Honkalot
    Also, I finished up ME2 last night again, because I wanted the best ending, and I have to say that the ending isn't anywhere near as bad as I remember it being. It's actually very good, other than...
    The Terminator fight, which is retarded. However, the Saren fight wasn't very good at the end of ME1, either, and that game had one of the best last levels of all-time. I actually really enjoyed the end of ME2 this time through; I think it is a great payoff, that makes it seem like what you did in the rest of the game really mattered. So, while it wasn't as good as the ending to ME1, I think that's an unfair bar to expect it to meet. It's pretty great.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Those
    banshees
    are fucking rough

That fucking fight

>:l

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Ahahah, there is something amazing about going faster than the enemy flag running, jetting over him, landing in front of him, turning around so you are skiing backwards and then shooting him square in the face. It's like you can just hear the flag runner going "Noooo! Not like this, NOT LIKE THIS."

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I don't know why everyone likes gyros. They don't taste good to me.

Granted, last time I had them was in a school cafeteria in Deer Park ,Texas.

So that might be it.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Fucking chat

Bbl, getting a gyro

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

Those
    banshees
    are fucking rough

That fucking fight

>:l

I know, right?

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

Have Skyrim for PC, but I'll be picking up ME3 for the Xbox, as that's where my saved games are.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

So that might be it.

That's probably it. I mean, stuff is only as good as the ingredients that go in.

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

So that might be it.

That's probably it. I mean, stuff is only as good as the ingredients that go in.

I just don't like meat with a mint or fruity taste to it. What I remember of the gyro is that it had a minty taste to it, and it put me off.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

So that might be it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThhfLvR4Wo8

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Seriously though, I suspect if one becomes rich as a pirate it would be rather hard not to go back to where one is from and throw one's weight about in an offensive way.

I'm sure people don't intend to be jerks, but hey, I really want to build that mansion ny that lake and I need to knock down that historic Maori village to do so. Then when told off by local radicals I ofcourse will retaliate by funding an angry newspaper, hiring a PI, seeking to influence the mayor or paying for a friendly placeman to oppose him at the next election

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=298Q-1D_juo

just like this

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    Honk wrote: »
    Whenever I play mobas, it's not an interactive experience. Either I'm bad or just have insane bad luck but from like 5 minutes and forward there's absolutely nothing I can do.

Do you play with friends? If you're playing LoL there's probably at least a few people in the Penny Arcade channel on all the servers I think, that might be better for ya. Solo-queue can be really frustrating.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I love guac, but hummus is better protein and just involves "throw everything in food processor -> eat that fucking shit". With guac I have to dice onion AND tomato!

Also, I finished up ME2 last night again, because I wanted the best ending, and I have to say that the ending isn't anywhere near as bad as I remember it being. It's actually very good, other than...
    The Terminator fight, which is retarded. However, the Saren fight wasn't very good at the end of ME1, either, and that game had one of the best last levels of all-time. I actually really enjoyed the end of ME2 this time through; I think it is a great payoff, that makes it seem like what you did in the rest of the game really mattered. So, while it wasn't as good as the ending to ME1, I think that's an unfair bar to expect it to meet. It's pretty great.
    For some reason I never completed ME1 or ME2, so I'm holding off on ME3 SP until I get those completed satisfactorily. I can't explain it except my kids started being born right around when ME1 was released, but still I feel shame.

So that might be it.
    Gyros are a magical, delicious food. People who don't like them lack souls.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Do you play with friends? If you're playing LoL there's probably at least a few people in the Penny Arcade channel on all the servers I think, that might be better for ya. Solo-queue can be really frustrating.

Playing with friends. With and against, private and public. There's just no way for me to do anything at all.

I'm just gonna buy BF3 for the remaining ones who don't have it. Fuck mobas.

PSN: Honkalot
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    last night watched a documentary on netflix streaming that was pretty good.

It is one of the "Secrets of the Dead" series which are made by PBS (so, despite the title, are actually pretty good documentaries and way above what you'd see on the History channel). Most of it was about a couple quite well preserved shipwrecks from Roman times. But it also looked at some of the Roman ruins on the nearby island.

What was really interesting was their water system (of course). There is no fresh water on the small island at all. Not even a deep water table to drill to. So the romans built two water collection systems that were pretty ingenious. At each one they paved over a large area. This would collect rainwater and channel it into an underground tank where sediment could settle out of the water. Then it was piped to quite a large underground cistern and from there undergound aqueducts ran for miles all over the island.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!

So that might be it.

I just don't like meat with a mint or fruity taste to it. What I remember of the gyro is that it had a minty taste to it, and it put me off.

Never had minty shawarma. Huh.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Play with me. Im terrible, but I has fun.

So that might be it.

weird. I've never had a gyro that was minty or fruity.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!

So that might be it.
    Gyros are a magical, delicious food. People who don't like them lack souls.

I want to go to Aladins so bad right now.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Really the only problem with it is that the design of it is corny. I don't really have an issue with the reveals.

For some reason I never completed ME1 or ME2, so I'm holding off on ME3 SP until I get those completed satisfactorily. I can't explain it except my kids started being born right around when ME1 was released, but still I feel shame.
    I love ME1; however, I recognize that a lot of people think it's terrible, and totally understand why. I'm simply capable of overlooking some incredibly glaring flaws, and loving the awesome stuff that is there.

So that might be it.

Yeah, unless they're actually shaving the meat off a vertical spit just run away as fast as you can. Tzatziki is pretty dope but can definitely vary from place to place, I like mine to be pretty well blended, don't like big chunks of cucumber.

twitch.tv/tehsloth

So that might be it.

I think gyro meat is usually cooked with mint, but there are several other spices in it and it has never tasted mint-y to me.

You might give it another try at a restaurant run by an actual greek or turkish person?

This discussion has been closed.