As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    It has been 2 years now and my braces are supposed to be coming off soon

but I dont really like how my teeth have turned out

:(

I got mine off and looked like I needed braces

shit can be rough

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    My tippythai bags arrived!
    10344765.jpg

The gray one is way bigger than I was expecting but I can probably still find a use for it. :)

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Woo! I hope they wear well. :) Is the grey waterproof nylon?

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Yep!

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Catcalls are the best.

I don't know, I have definitely had occasions where I have felt harassed for sure. for me there's kind of line between being respectful and being an asshole. I also hate it when people tell me to smile!

The part where they say that this print is available is the best part

Because everyone wants a print reminding them of how they are sexually objectified and made to feel powerless and belittled due to gender

Framin' that shit on my bathroom wall so people are trapped into horrible depression while pooping

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    My boss bought me a present. It is a hat to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee in summer.

Now tell me fashion thread, should I wear this ALL the time in public, or just for special occasions?!

Liiya on
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    ahahaha

never be not wearing it!

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    That is magnificent.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Just think, if you wear it all the time you'll never be caught in the rain!

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Wow. Just, wow.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    It is a hat for all occasions! Except maybe taking funeral orders at work.

I am glad you all like it so much!

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    It has been 2 years now and my braces are supposed to be coming off soon

but I dont really like how my teeth have turned out

:(

I got mine off and looked like I needed braces

shit can be rough

I started off with crooked teeth and an aligned jaw

and now I have straight teeth and a misaligned jaw

Also @Liiya: love the hat! :D

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    That hat is amazing and I've seen many a hat in my time.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    Do any of y'all have makeup tips for making oneself look older? I'm thinking makeup for job interviews, here. I would like interviewers to believe that I am really 27, but I'm kind of stuck with a baby face.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Contouring your face with bronzing powder can do wonders for shaping a baby face, so long as you don't overdo it

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Also, stick to matte eyeshadow and non-shimmery blush and lipcolor

• Options
    ooh and stick to neutrals

bright colors are fun and all but for job interviews you definitely want to wear "no makeup" makeup

• Options
    edited March 2012
    also, on the discussion of catcalls (which I apparently started but didn't come back to <.<)

I am generally of the mind that as long as it's just a catcall or shameless flattery, it's pretty freakin' harmless

it's like... thinking someone is pretty versus thinking about what you would like to do to them

now we ain't the thought police, so there's honestly nothing wrong with either of those thoughts

but when it comes to what comes out of your mouth, a bit of class is certainly appreciated

that said, as an admittedly insecure woman who was recently feeling pretty frumpy and awful, sometimes I like the idea that I am so desirable to someone that the thought-to-verbal filter just short circuits and they regurgitate whatever they're thinking without thinking about it, because I'm just THAT attractive to them

reasonably, I know this is not the case; most people are just gross and probably have an unhealthy view on women in general... but I'll take compliments as they come, mainly because I feel like I don't get a lot of them, and certainly not ones that make me blush

so, eh, bitches be cray-cray etc

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    My wife loves when people catcall or whistle or hit on her and buy her drinks at bars. She's pretty insecure and those sorts of things make her feel really good about herself! I also like when she gets compliments because it makes her happy and that makes me happy and free drinks are drinks she doesn't have to spend my money on. :P

You're right about people needing to use some tact though, she had this one guy at a bar she goes to regularly tell her in gross detail about all the things he'd do to her even after she told him she was married and was just really creeped out by the guy.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I think the vital point is that some people don't mind a bit of random flattery from strangers, but some people do. So the person doing the catcalling needs to be able to handle that they could equally hear a "Hey thanks!" or receive a nasty look/cold shoulder, and not immediately classify the target as a slut/bitch depending on the response.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I think the vital point is that some people don't mind a bit of random flattery from strangers, but some people do. So the person doing the catcalling needs to be able to handle that they could equally hear a "Hey thanks!" or receive a nasty look/cold shoulder, and not immediately classify the target as a slut/bitch depending on the response.

Oh I agree completely. I was just sharing with the thread is all.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Everyone has a different line, and everyone's line can shift depending on the day.

That applies to pretty much everything though.

• Options
    I JUST DID A BAD THING AND BOUGHT ANOTHER BAG

IT WILL BE MY LAST ONE FOR THE NEXT YEAR I PROMISE

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62552837/pear-canvas-bag-a-front-zipper-pocket?ref=af_you_favitem

in black with a sky blue interior/accent

• Options
    And you just did a worse thing by showing me a bag I really want even though I am not buying any more bags right now! (I found my perfect purse, a Calvin Klein on markdown, but it was still over a hundred dollars so I promised myself it was my last bag for a while. But I want that one...)

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Black and Sky Blue is always a fun color combination.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I am pretty sure I have never been catcalled

For real

• Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »

For real

Probably because people think you are 12.

• Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Do any of y'all have makeup tips for making oneself look older? I'm thinking makeup for job interviews, here. I would like interviewers to believe that I am really 27, but I'm kind of stuck with a baby face.

This is my life. Except, I just want to avoid looking like a high schooler to the other moms in play group, oh, and the mailman (every time I see him, he tells me how he thought I was a teenager and I look young. sigh.). I have found filling in brows and a smooth line of eyeliner plus mascara polishes up my face, which takes away some of the baby-ness about it (also, I am a pale redhead so those things really make an impact). If you wear too much makeup, it can make it look like you fell into your mom's makeup bag, so I think less is more helps in this situation. A pulled together but simple makeup routine and clothing that leans toward classy/elegant-ish is the only thing I know to do (oh, and saying screw it and wearing whatever colorful, fun clothes and makeup I want! tricky for interviews, I know). Anyways, good luck with your interviews!!!

• Options
    Rinder wrote: »

For real

Pretty sure that's not it

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I look like an eternal high schooler too. I don't wear makeup on a daily basis but I think I will need to develop an interview makeup routine!

• Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    Rinder wrote: »

For real

Pretty sure that's not it

It was a joke referencing that one lady who was crazy and said you looked 12.

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Aside from once (by some blond chick at that), I've pretty much only gotten the most respectful catcalls. Old dudes doffing their hands and shit, "Excuse me miss".

• Options

For real

thing is

every girl ever has been catcalled

you just didn't notice

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Oh man all this TippyThai bag talk led me to this bag and I am having a really hard time not buying it RUFFLE BAG

only thing stopping me really is that it would go with approximately nothing

ALSO on catcalling as long as a dude is not being a complete douchbag I'd classify it under harmless, HOWEVER honking car horns in lieu of catcalling needs to not happen because that is startling and one time it caused me to trip and eat asphalt

• Options
    Eh, my bags never match me! I say go for it if you like it. :)

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I think that grey bag would go with a lot of stuff!

I can never understand what people say when they honk/yell out of cars anyway, I don't know what they are trying to accomplish. and this conversation makes me think of
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLORlKRW5v4

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Heh, @Janson and @bowtiedseal fuckit I'm gonna buy it, thanks for the advice

It's so damn CUTE

• Options
    Parting ladies with their money is what this thread is all about! ;)

• Options
    omg want

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62628591/bridal-fashion-pure-linen-candice-clutch?ref=cat3_gallery_35

you can't see it clearly in that photo (why she has a photo of black-on-black is a mystery), but this is what a similar one in brown looks like: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62545078/pure-linen-envelope-clutch-in-brown-with

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »

For real

thing is

every girl ever has been catcalled

you just didn't notice

You can't prove that missy

This discussion has been closed.