As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    My Reggie didn't really wreck, he just showed up at the perfect time when the final boss had very few HP left.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I hate this whole interface. I can't believe they actually updated it and still haven't fixed all the bullshit terrible design decisions like the 10 Streetpass limit or forcing you to use your Streetpasses right away after getting them.

You know what? I now understand why they limit it to 10.

I went to the Zelda concert the other night. Everybody had their 3DS with them. I literally kept getting StreetPasses nonstop. I'd greet 10, go play Find Mii II, go back to the plaza 'cause I got another 10 while doing all that... Do you realize how fucking long it would take to finish greeting hundreds of Miis nonstop? Yeah, they have to put a cap--to break up the tedium. The couple of hours (I got in early to get a good parking spot) I spent waiting for the concert to start, I pretty much spent just playing Find Mii and racking up StreetPasses.

Oh, and I got the "get 100 StreetPasses in one day" Accomplishment.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Did you figure out that you can hold the right shoulder button to speed-up the Mii plaza stuff? I wish I discovered that earlier.....

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    Oh yeah. Still tedious, but slightly faster.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Next convention I'm completing those puzzles!

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    This is honestly one of the main reasons I want to go to a convention this year, even though I'm kinda burned out on them after more than a decade of attendance.

uyvfOQy.png
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    If you can enjoy the original Metroid you'll love Metroid 2. You can crouch and shoot, that's all Metroid really needed.

I don't like it be described as linear like it's Megaman or something. It's more like a bunch of Norfairs linked together by an intestinal tract.

...Mega Man is linear?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    I bought VVVVVV last night on the 3DS store, spent a whole night playing it. Fun game, though I died like 87 times on the room called "Not as I do".

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Europe got our first gold pants spot pass Mii in Iwata. I thought people said you could rehire the visitors? He was level 5 and so did some nice work but he's not in my re-hire list now. A pity, it would be nice to have someone in there other than a handful of level 1 Miis.

Edit: Panic not. I just needed to close and open the program again. Now what's this '3 left' I see next to him. Can only re-hire him three times?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Drowning RabbitDrowning Rabbit New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Next convention I'm completing those puzzles!

I'll be at PAX East ready and waiting to finish off my puzzles and missing pink pieces. I'm stocking up coins so I don't waste them on buying puzzle pieces until after PAX, just in case I need to buy some. Also I sometimes end up paying for re-hiring Mii's in Find Mii 2 to clear special rooms.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Khildith wrote: »
    I bought VVVVVV last night on the 3DS store, spent a whole night playing it. Fun game, though I died like 87 times on the room called "Not as I do".

Now play it again and get all the shiny trinkets. Veni Vidi Vici says "hi".

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I think I died the most times on "Dial M For Murder". I didn't bother with the trinkets.

• pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Interesting news - dungeon crawler Unchained Blades (Unchained Blades Rexx) will be released on the eShop. I can't tell for sure, but I think it'll be a full release in Japan, but a digital release here. Pretty cool if true!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/03/xseed_reveals_unchained_blades_for_3ds_eshop

And trailer, with fantastic voice acting! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OcU7AZUn0Y

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Europe got our first gold pants spot pass Mii in Iwata. I thought people said you could rehire the visitors? He was level 5 and so did some nice work but he's not in my re-hire list now. A pity, it would be nice to have someone in there other than a handful of level 1 Miis.

Edit: Panic not. I just needed to close and open the program again. Now what's this '3 left' I see next to him. Can only re-hire him three times?

You can only hire 3 old Mii's at a time. So you can't stack the deck with 10 level 7's. Not that you'd need to anyway. You only need 2 level 7's (9 play coins each), and two hired heroes, and a stack of play coins.

Use the two level 7's, use the third to buy a recall potion (8 play coins). Use the two 7's, use the fourth to buy a recall potion (which will now call back the two level 7's plus the third you used to buy the first recall potion. Rinse and repeat until you hit a room you need special colors for or hit a mummy that scares off everyone.

:D Recall potions are only 8 play coins, compared to the 18 you spent hiring the level 7's to come back.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The Reggie Mii was a pleasant surprise. He is actually my very first one.

If you change you location to Europe, will you get Iwata? I wonder.

edit: You can't. The other regions are not on there.

Krathoon on
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Use the two level 7's, use the third to buy a recall potion (8 play coins). Use the two 7's, use the fourth to buy a recall potion (which will now call back the two level 7's plus the third you used to buy the first recall potion. Rinse and repeat until you hit a room you need special colors for or hit a mummy that scares off everyone.

:D Recall potions are only 8 play coins, compared to the 18 you spent hiring the level 7's to come back.

So, out of curiosity, how far have you progressed on this regimen?

Ferquin N.C. Root
    Ferquin wrote: »

So, out of curiosity, how far have you progressed on this regimen?

I only realized it's potential after beating Find Mii, Find Mii 2, and Find Mii 2 Secret Quest. It was the last few rooms of the Secret Quest that I realized I could do this. I've used it to play Find Mii 2 a second time (taking a different route) and I reached the fire room (last room before the tower roof) on one run through before running out of play coins (I think I had about 100 or so when I started). It'd work even better if my two level 7's were the same color for team attacks, but unfortunately they are not.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited March 2012
    Hang on, so an 8 coin potion gets you your entire party back?

Even with wandering mook cats that means I've been doing this so very wrong.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Yes. Only in Find Mii 2 though.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited March 2012
    Hang on, so an 8 coin potion gets you your entire party back?

Even with wandering mook cats that means I've been doing this so very wrong.

Not your entire party, 3 heroes. So it's not good for 2 coin hired heroes, but it works well for higher level streetpassed Miis.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Speaking of spending play coins, I'll need a blue-shirt Mii with water magic to get past that fire room, right?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Speaking of spending play coins, I'll need a blue-shirt Mii with water magic to get past that fire room, right?

Nope, you'll need 2 dark blue shirts to get by the fire room. In fact, you'll need 2 matching shirts to get by any special room, except light and dark which only require one.

Edit: AND they need to be back-to-back in the line-up. Best bet is to hire 2 level 1's to clear a trapped room.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited March 2012

Two light-blue ice magic ones I believe.

edit: Google tells me I'm wrong and it is two blue water magic Miis.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Nope, you'll need 2 dark blue shirts to get by the fire room. In fact, you'll need 2 matching shirts to get by any special room, except light and dark which only require one.

Edit: AND they need to be back-to-back in the line-up. Best bet is to hire 2 level 1's to clear a trapped room.

They do not need to be back to back. That would be beyond ridiculous.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Ah, this is why I ask... I would have just hired one and been boned. Thanks.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

They do not need to be back to back. That would be beyond ridiculous.

I stand corrected. Read somewhere that they had to be, damn you Internet!!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Outside of the dark/light rooms, you need pairs to defeat fire/cold/poison/etc.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    What defeats poison? ...more poison?

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    YELLOW.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Don't ask why it has to be Yellow.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
    ...why does it... oh never mind.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Because poison is weak to ground.

• DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    The poison rooms are billed as filled with poison gas thus the yellow sandstorm thingy blows it away. It's not that non-sensensical.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
    Is sandstorm useful for ANYTHING else? I just remember it making it harder for my Mii's to hit in Find Mii 1. Which seemed quite useless.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Not that I can tell.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH.. I'm getting so ticked off at Pushmo. I think the "B" in the third set of bonus puzzles stands for BULL. They CLAIM these are "3 star" puzzles, but they play like 5 star puzzles and they are starting to really irritate me. I have only had to look up one puzzle this whole game (I forget which one exactly, but the solution I found a video of was you had to jump onto a button and immediately jump to the left at the same time while getting pushed off the button to land in the newly created space. The one and ONLY time you've had to do that.) and now these are just not making any sense. I had to look up B-6, which was driving me nuts for a while. Turns out I was 99% the way there. Now I'm stuck on B-8. Ugh. I hate looking up solutions, but I don't want to snap my 3DS in half either.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    I only realized it's potential after beating Find Mii, Find Mii 2, and Find Mii 2 Secret Quest. It was the last few rooms of the Secret Quest that I realized I could do this. I've used it to play Find Mii 2 a second time (taking a different route) and I reached the fire room (last room before the tower roof) on one run through before running out of play coins (I think I had about 100 or so when I started). It'd work even better if my two level 7's were the same color for team attacks, but unfortunately they are not.

Ah. Actually, what I meant was how far are you on hats. I only need three more to finish my collection. I need to do a third complete runthrough (as in hit every route again) on Secret Quest.

They don't need to be back to back, they just both need to be in your party. Just have the first Mii be the color you want, then select "Create Team" and it'll pull the next closet similar-colored Mii. If it's not the right shade (i.e. light or regular blue), select "Change Team" to pull the next similar-colored Mii until you get the one you want.

Ferquin N.C. Root
    edited March 2012
    Here's my quick color Mii guide:

Double red: frozen rooms
    Double yellow: poison rooms
    Double blue: fire rooms
    Black + White: shadowlight shields
    Single white: dark rooms
    Yellow or light blue: shields (in Find Mii II, aside from shadowlight, those are the only other colors I've encountered)

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
    Ferquin wrote: »

Ah. Actually, what I meant was how far are you on hats. I only need three more to finish my collection. I need to do a third complete runthrough (as in hit every route again) on Secret Quest.

Oh I have a while to go. I'm only on my second run through of Find Mii 2 and I've done Secret Quest once. I don't get many streetpasses so I use up a lot of playcoins.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited March 2012
    Ah, okay. It helps to make sure to reach your daily 10 Play Coins. If you don't walk around a lot, just shake it like a soda pop for a good ten minutes, you should reach 1,000 steps = 10 Play Coins.

It definitely helps for me that I have lots of friends at work with 3DSs so we StreetPass all the damn time. We finished all the puzzles together. I just got the Light-Blue Yoshi hat an hour ago, now I'm down to two missing hats.

Also, I own a second 3DS (just had to get the Zelda one).

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
This discussion has been closed.