As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tokyo Jungle [PSN] - A shining new era / is tip-toeing nearer

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
edited October 2012 in Games and Technology
Tokyo Jungle.

And where do we feature?

orrp2.jpg

Just listen to teacher.

http://andriasang.com/comzyr/tokyo_jungle_complete/

I said wow.

N3OYG.jpg

GOTY.

Apparently getting an EU PSN release, somehow.

You got Xenoblade and The Last Story already!

What more do you want, Europe!?

Ok, here's the story.
Tokyo's Harajuku area is, like the rest of the world, devoid of humanity in Tokyo Jungle, which is set following the extinction of mankind. But there are still residents in the once fashionable youth gathering spot.

A pack of lions has taken up reisdence in Harajuku Station. But despite being indoors, they're not totally safe. At night, they come under attack from hyenas.

Playing as the male pack leader, you'll need to protect the female lions and cubs by defeating the attacking hyenas. As you fight, you'll need to pay attention to your hunger level, as if you grow too hungry you'll begin to lose energy. You'll also need to keep a close watch on the cubs, as the hyenas will directly target them.

The hyenas can be a tough enemy. They'll call for reinforcements from all side and will even wear helmets to raise their defense.

This lion passage is one of the many stories you'll encounter in Tokyo Jungle. Each of the game's 55 plus animal types has a story as part of the game's story mode.

The deer story involves a pair of sibling deers who've become separated from their mom. You'll have to search for mom in the city, which is packed with predators.

To make it through the city safely, you'll need to be stealthy, hiding behind trash cans for instance. You can also press L1 to separate yourself from your brother, perhaps using him as a decoy.

All these stories will somehow end up explaining how humanity became extinct.

wVEsyIc.png
cj iwakura on

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Oh, Japan.

Seriously. That's the only comment that needs to be said.

Okay seriously, this does sound pretty neat. I wonder how many hours one is expected to get out of this.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• RobotSpammerRobotSpammer Registered User regular
    Chicken is clearly OP.

But in a serious comment, this game sounds interesting from the description given. If it was priced right and actually released in my region, I would be tempted.

steam_sig.png
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    I want to be a helmet-wearing attack chicken. Can I do that, Tokyo Jungle? Can I finally live out my ultimate fantasy?

JKKaAGp.png
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Required viewing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqksrCpYYVE

I imagine (and hope) it looks better than that by now, but with a concept like it has, I guess the graphics don't have to be stellar. I kinda get a slight Disaster Report with Animals vibe off of it which is only a good thing, despite what you might think.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    http://andriasang.com/con0fn/tokyo_jungle_screens/

Do you want to deck out your dog in b-boy gear or a sailor fuku? Of course you do.

This game looks too insane for this world.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    if this is released anywhere in english im all over it.

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Required viewing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqksrCpYYVE

I imagine (and hope) it looks better than that by now, but with a concept like it has, I guess the graphics don't have to be stellar. I kinda get a slight Disaster Report with Animals vibe off of it which is only a good thing, despite what you might think.

ok, there was clearly a dinosaur at the end of that video. Must play now.

• TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Wow indeed...

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
  • EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    what the fuck is this thing

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Aagh, PS3 only.

Fuck me.

• RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The Pomeranian's battle stance render made me laugh heartily.

Razia on
    blondeshep.jpg
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Rarely does my lack of PS3 hurt me with a console exclusive release. This is one of those rare moments.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    this is ten pounds of "what the fucking fuck" in a five pound bag

i'm all about it

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    oh my god. I'm gonna have to buy a playstation now.

...wait, is this even coming out in america? I might have to import a playstation now

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    PS3 games share a region with Japan and America. If you live there of course.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Clearly in the first trailer those beagles were having sex.

Clearly.

Hot coffee!

EDIT: AND IN THE SECOND VIDEO THE PANDAS HAVE SEX!

WHAT THE FUCK JAPAN!

(I want to buy this)

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    edited March 2012
    oh my god. I'm gonna have to buy a playstation now.

...wait, is this even coming out in america? I might have to import a playstation now

Rumor has it it's getting a European release. Question is, how crazy are SCEA?

Worse case scenario, the stores are region free. You just need cards from that area.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    That dog wearing the awesome shit looks way more awesome than those dogs normally do.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    this looks like the best game ever
    this is not hyperbole, this is like, the game i wanted to play
    after this i can finally retire

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I had to check the date this thread was created to make sure it wasn't an early april fools joke.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited April 2012
    This would probably be the first game I'd get from the EU PS store if it wasn't coming to NA. I guess the easiest way to do that would be to buy a EU card from Amazon or something?

El Fantastico on

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    This would probably be the first game I'd get from the EU PS store if it wasn't coming to NA. I guess the easiest way to do that would be to buy a EU card from Amazon or something?

Yeah, you can buy a UK card online. If so, you should make sure you get Malicious as well. It's another crazy awesome Japanese game that SCEE published and yet no-one has any clue if it'll ever get a US release.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    ib1SiS0F1J2Mh.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    amazing.

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I would buy the hell out of this.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    When is this out.

I have an old, broken PS3 under my bed that I may go get fixed specifically for this.

Look at that dog in the street. He's ready for anything.

Even cats in helmets.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Oh my god... what is this? I want this game

This needs a US release! THat is the best boxart ever, look at that Pomeranian

"I run this shit!"

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    edited April 2012
    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    motherofgod.jpg

Dat boxart. You know if it gets a North American release, it'll be replaced with something more "tame". :P

Dat boxart. You know if it gets a North American release, it'll be replaced with something more "tame". :P

NeoGAF got that covered.

tokyojungle.png

wVEsyIc.png
    lol at the expressions of the players of the robo-chick screenshot

That boxart is way to awesome than it deserves to be.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Hah! Team of cats kick pomeranian arse.

This is so close to being the final tipping point on me picking up a PS3. Is it super confrimed for localised release or just rumour territory?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Pork!Pork! Registered User regular
    "To make it through the city safely, you'll need to be stealthy, hiding behind trash cans for instance. You can also press L1 to separate yourself from your brother, perhaps using him as a decoy."

Suddenly the game takes a dark and awesome turn 8->

steam_sig.png
    CYBORG CHICK = SOOOOOOLD.

And I dont even have a working PS3!

edited April 2012
    So what are you guys going to play as? I'm rolling with a pomeranian myself. I wuvs them.

Hah! Team of cats kick pomeranian arse.

THEM'S FIGHTING WORDS

EVOL on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hey not for nothing, my aunt has 4 poms running around her house.

My aunt only lives there because they let her; those things can straight up kill you if they want.

DietarySupplement on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Oh man... Cyborg Chick

I need this game.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular