As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    When I lucid dream, it tends to be when I've had more than enough sleep like if I'm sleeping in on a Sunday morning.

The not being able to read or write thing is kind of funny. I think it's more that your brain won't recreate the same arrangement of letters for you when you try to "look" at them again in a dream so stuff always looks garbled. I remember one dream where I was trying to write down my e-mail address for someone and I kept getting it wrong, trying again, getting it wrong...

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I've had two dreams with a complete plot -- beginning, middle, and end.

One of them even had a surprising twist that made sense and had been building up since the dream had started.

Wassermelone on
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Just found out there's a Say Anything show tonight by my work.

This has been the best first week everrrrr

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    DJ Shadow is playing at The Phoenix on Sunday. Anyone here in Toronto and want to go to the show with me?

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Man... I was so careful not to overplay my Xbox, I just got Red Ringed :(

I still have vivid dreams here and there, but Lucid dreaming doesn't happen for me as much in the last 3 years it's kinda sad, because I used to realize I was in just about every dream I had and be able to control them.

I noticed I could lucid dream when I was at the height of my martial arts training though, I'm sure there's something to that, I'm sure something about being in control of a certain part of your life can help. But, the only time I still lucid dream is when I start to have a nightmare... and for that reason I haven't had a nightmare in about 8 years. So, that's pretty awesome; big scary guy starts chasing me - turn around and go superman on him, aw chyea.

Grifter: I would join you so hard if I was up there.

Prospicience on
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I've had two dreams with a complete plot -- beginning, middle, and end.

One of them even had a surprising twist that made sense and had been building up since the dream had started.

I once had a dream like that where I was an agent fighting off an alien invasion. Having emerged victorious after a long hard war, I woke up and thought "wow, what a cool dream".
    Then I went back to sleep and I was back at the beginning of the war. Only this time...
    ...I knew all their plans.
    fuckyeah.jpg

Mayday on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Man I was tired last night. I guess that's what happens when you work a 15-hour shift straight through!

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    There've been phases of my life where I've made an effort to lucid dream more...it was pretty awesome, but was only really possible when I had free reign over my sleep schedule (summers).

I think most of my dreams involve some kind of story or plot, once in awhile they get insanely involved.

One of my most memorable dreams was in college, I dreamt I was telekinetic. I'd never had a dream last more than what seemed a few real-time hours, but this dream seriously lasted what felt like three entire days. It was completely fucked up. And awesome. Except I had convinced myself in my dream that "this can't possibly be a dream! It's been three effing days, goddamn it!" and then...overjoyed with my realization of the actuality my new superpower, I woke up in my dorm room with an hour before class.

I think I laid there for 10 minutes trying to move my phone with my brain before I accepted cruel, cruel reality and got up out of bed.

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    I dreamt I was telekinetic. I'd never had a dream last more than what seemed a few real-time hours, but this dream seriously lasted what felt like three entire days. It was completely fucked up. And awesome. Except I had convinced myself in my dream that "this can't possibly be a dream! It's been three effing days, goddamn it!" and then...overjoyed with my realization of the actuality my new superpower, I woke up in my dorm room with an hour before class.

I think I laid there for 10 minutes trying to move my phone with my brain before I accepted cruel, cruel reality and got up out of bed.

For the record, I think I speak for everyone when I say the rest of us are fairly glad it was just a dream.
    ND_Tetsuo.jpg

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    "........and with that Nightdragon, fuming with telekinetic rage, opened the bowls of the world and poured all of her anger and frustration into that gaping maw until life itself was sucked into it's inescapable vacuum."

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited March 2012
    Mustang wrote: »
    The Bowls of the World

Making a mental note of this phrase- so when I make a cartoon featuring a side character whose defining characteristic is how boring they are, I can have a VHS tape on a shelf in the background with that as the title.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oh my god guys it happened.

00:34:32 never 4get

Fugitive on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I never realised how much of an impact posture can make while you're running. In the last few days I've gone from struggling a little with five laps around my block to doing six pretty comfortably, just by correcting my posture.
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Oh my god guys it happened.

00:34:32 never 4get

Took me a few times to catch it, but oh my god what is going on with American politicians.

Flay on
    Well, I think we all knew that Santorum is a bigot. I guess this just proves it.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Why did I read the comments on that video?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Sooo. The home assignment for the school I'm applying for has just been revealed. The theme is 'Night'.
    I've got 17 days to come up with some kind of design (from animation to product design) that has something to do with night... appropriate I guess, I'll be seizing the night for 17 days straight.

Do a portrait of M. Night Shyamalan.

mnight-afterearth-conceptart.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1326914780405

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Grifter wrote: »
    Do a portrait of M. Night Shyamalan.

whatatwist

Make sure there's some twist to it though...

Oh! Do an Escher style portrait of Shymalan!

• brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    Draw it with one solid line, and at the end of the line write "but the picture was really a line the whole time."

• F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    You guys are silly.

F87 wrote: »
    You guys are silly.

You do very good art so y u have website that says "under construction" ?

Get some wordpress on there and a gallery plugin.

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    By the way, it's my third anniversary being married to my wife. Yay! This year's presents are supposed to be leather. I don't know what to get her. We're currently living in separate countries so it's not like it has to get there today but I should probably try to find something leather. I suppose a purse or something would be appropriate?

Roots makes really nice leather purses/bags. They're not terribly expensive but they're really good quality.

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod

Damn. I just sold mine after not touching it for like 2 years, otherwise I would have sent it to you.

F87 wrote: »
    You guys are silly.

You do very good art so y u have website that says "under construction" ?

Get some wordpress on there and a gallery plugin.

It's the new minimalist style.

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    bombardier wrote: »

Damn. I just sold mine after not touching it for like 2 years, otherwise I would have sent it to you.

Ah, s'okay don't really need one right now. Was just playing while taking a break looking for jobs, so if that's not a sign... haha.

So on another note, I entered the I <3 LoL photo contest. Apparently well put together photos don't win a photo contest. I thought maybe I didn't win because I don't have the league of legends logo anywhere, but then there's a guy in a mummy costume just walking around on the streets... bunch of crap.

Prospicience on
  • MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Guys what's your favorite dip? Like food dip. The kind you dip other foods in but sometimes sneak a spoonful of because it is just that tasty.

Give me the recipe to that dip.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Guacamole.

Specifically, Alton Browns recipe. Although I up the garlic, cumin, and cayenne because who doesn't love those things?

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    I can't eat avocado. :(

steam_sig.png
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Buffalo Chicken Dip eats like a meal. I'd have to look up the dip later though.

Today we had both President Obama as well as Snoop Dogg in town. I didn't get to see either but apparently half the city shut down and driving was impossible.

• .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    DJ Shadow is playing at The Phoenix on Sunday. Anyone here in Toronto and want to go to the show with me?

How late and much is it? [/old man]
    Think I could get him to sign shit?

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • NicNic Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    That's crazy, MD.

I had the day off work, but had to go in for a surprise staff meeting. Apparently our restaurant got audited over gratuities, so now our tips need to be reflected in our income tax files. Kind of a pain in the ass, but inevitable.

Nic on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    pasta aglio e olio: it is easy as shit to make and really really tasty

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Tam wrote: »
    This. So tasty, so easy.

edited March 2012
    Oi, one of my cute lady friends in T.O. got accepted to both University of Toronto and OCAD, and she's going with OCAD because she wants to study art.

Although i've told her countless times based on both personal experience/friends who went/graduated there that it was a colossial waste of time and money, her little heart is set on attending it. I'm not going to try to talk her out of it anymore because when I was that age i'd probably have made the same decision, but she is in for a world of hurt once she gets there and realizes the school will teach her nothing at all :?

EDIT: I didn't recommend her for my school either, because although I learned a metric fuckton in my short stay, the social environment was a Class 5 Hurricane disaster zone. Hopefully she makes the most out of her college years.

Godfather on
    edited March 2012
    Where in T.O. would you recommend going to school for art?

edit Also I didn't realize there were as many Toronto-proxy folks here, I live in Niagara.

Nic on
  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    St. Catharines is my hometown. It's Bombardier's too!

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    St. Catharines is my hometown. It's Bombardier's too!

Bahahaha That's so strange. Nice enough city, but I live in NotL. Going stir crazy a little.

• MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    m3nace wrote: »
    Tam wrote: »
    This. So tasty, so easy.

I concur, but that isn't exactly a dip?

MD's Buffalo thing sounds excellent as well. I'm experimenting with some red lentils right now that are a delicious weird fluffy mixture somewhere between mashed potatoes and hummus.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
    Nic wrote: »
    Where in T.O. would you recommend going to school for art?

edit Also I didn't realize there were as many Toronto-proxy folks here, I live in Niagara.

At the end of the day it really comes down to how badly you want it. If you were a complete beginner with no training whatsoever, then MTM really would be your best option because that's what they do; they take you from nothing and work you from the ground up. The downside is that you are working all the time with little to no free time, you aren't really allowed to 'do your own thing' in a sense, and they are very controlling in what you are and aren't allowed to draw until at least third year. Plus the environment is microscopic and can be a real drain on your mood.

A school like Sheridan has high standards for getting in, but once you make it you pretty much get to do whatever you want aside from a few loose guideline assignments. If you're the type of artist who doesn't need a lot of hand holding and is self-sufficient, these types of schools are for you.

This discussion has been closed.