As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] Pre-PAX East Pig Roast Information - Payment details added!

13»

• lirelentlirelent Registered User regular
    if there is still a seat that is available that no one is interested in, I have a +1 that'd probably be interested.

• trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    Kevra and Magnus, need to know by Sunday whether you'll pass on the last seat, then I'll be contacting MelesMeles again (Kiashien declined since we don't have two seats available :( )

If MelesMeles doesn't want the seat it's all yours lirelent!

• lirelentlirelent Registered User regular
    Well I just talked with my gf, and her calendar shows that she's actually busy that night. So no +1 here, but still looking forward to pig!

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    trinistand wrote: »
    Kevra and Magnus, need to know by Sunday whether you'll pass on the last seat, then I'll be contacting MelesMeles again (Kiashien declined since we don't have two seats available :( )

If MelesMeles doesn't want the seat it's all yours lirelent!

have you heard from Meles Meles yet?

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    He responded to me just now but I wound up filling the slot at JJ Foley's last night...

I've been playing telephone tag with the restaurant, I'll see if they can squeeze another person in.

• DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    Any advice from the locals on the best way to get there from the Westin/Seaport area? Google maps suggested the Worcester commuter rail line to Yawkey Station (which is apparently being reconstructed but still open according to the schedule) but I don't know if that's a good idea or not.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Durinthal wrote: »
    Any advice from the locals on the best way to get there from the Westin/Seaport area? Google maps suggested the Worcester commuter rail line to Yawkey Station (which is apparently being reconstructed but still open according to the schedule) but I don't know if that's a good idea or not.

That.. is wrong. No commuter rails. I don't have exact directions, but you should NOT need a commuter rail- I believe it's on the green line.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    ehm ... it's somewhat close to the Kenmore T stop on the green line. I'd personally just cab it for that trip but my public transit -

Silver Line to Red Line @ South Station. Red Line to Green Line at Park. B/C/D train to Kenmore. Walk 3 blocks or so.

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    I thought there was something odd about that. Thanks!

arsonisfun wrote: »
    ehm ... it's somewhat close to the Kenmore T stop on the green line. I'd personally just cab it for that trip but my public transit -

Silver Line to Red Line @ South Station. Red Line to Green Line at Park. B/C/D train to Kenmore. Walk 3 blocks or so.

What arson said. Time wise, the cab'll get you there in less than half the time. If it's nice out and you're in the mood for a stroll, the walk from BCEC over to Boylston (Green Line) isn't horrible.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Anybody want to share a cab from the Westin right at the last minute, around 7:00? Our flight lands at 5:30, we'll be squeaking in right at 7 or a few minutes late.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    Anybody want to share a cab from the Westin right at the last minute, around 7:00? Our flight lands at 5:30, we'll be squeaking in right at 7 or a few minutes late.

I'm eating all of your oysters :D

The pace of the dinner is pretty relaxed, I wouldn't worry about being a bit late as we'll likely just be settling in/getting drinks.

Red B/Gold Professor

• DangeresquetooDangeresquetoo Registered User regular

You cna have dibs on mine AND my +1's

• septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    Anyone else planning on going from the MMT tour straight to the pig roast? We could go as a group, which might be helpful to the newcomers braving the T.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular

Um... I don't know how my BF would feel about that... Shouldn't we have this conversation in private? ;)

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    septagon wrote: »
    Anyone else planning on going from the MMT tour straight to the pig roast? We could go as a group, which might be helpful to the newcomers braving the T.

I may be up for this - I really won't know until Tuesday night, tho.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    septagon wrote: »

That was gonna be my plan.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    Khadour wrote: »
    I may be up for this - I really won't know until Tuesday night, tho.
    Aioua wrote: »
    That was gonna be my plan.

Well we can talk about it on the Tour/at JJs. We'll work something out so that nobody's left behind.

• chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    I will also be going straight from MMT

Hopefully not sober

Hopefully not sober

Well, we ARE doing the Harpoon Brewery tour that afternoon, so . . . odds are good. And even if, by some tragic circumstance, you are sober when you arrive, they have punch bowls that can cure that quickly.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

Khadour wrote: »

Hopefully not sober

Well, we ARE doing the Harpoon Brewery tour that afternoon, so . . . odds are good. And even if, by some tragic circumstance, you are sober when you arrive, they have punch bowls that can cure that quickly.

Not that the area is lacking for bars or anything :)

The Harpoon Brewery tour is one of my favorites. You get pours throughout the tour and then 30-45 minutes in the tap room.

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    For those not on the MMT or are still around the BCEC, a small group of us are meeting in the westin lobby at 6pm to transit together to delicious pig.

By the way, our pig has a name. It's Frank.

And Frank will be amazing in all of our tummies.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    Every pig I cook has a name. Francis (Sir Francis Bacon was in mind) was last summer. Last fall I made a Reginald. Earlier this year it was Harry.

Red B/Gold Professor

To be Frank, he was delicious.

xWDsUaZ.png

• chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Better than Easter candy. Would pig again. Thanks for putting this together!