As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The School Thread and You, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Add/Drop

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    yeah, it's pretty good

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    yeah take that

• Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    Someone spewed chocolate syrup and white paint all over the entrance to my dorm.

How creative and/or subversive of you, brave anonymous asshole.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Brave enough to make the mess, but not enough to clean it up? Jerkwads.

Someone has been spraypainting a stencil of a polar bear all over campus. I'm not sure what that's about.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Someone spewed chocolate syrup and white paint all over the entrance to my dorm.

How creative and/or subversive of you, brave anonymous asshole.

while I'm glad you enjoy my work

that was not 'chocolate syrup' and 'white paint'

• Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    If someone spelled out a semi-legible sentence with diarrhea it would at least be somewhat impressive.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    A story from several years ago...

I am leaving my dorm at about 11pm at night to find a late-night snack. On the first floor, I nearly trip over a large orange extension cord that appears to be heading out the front door of the dorm, and originates in one of the laundry rooms. My first thought is "Hrm, I wonder what the heck someone outside is up to". My second thought is "....the laundry room? There are several plugs right here in the hallway."

I walk into the laundry room, and one of the stacked dryers is shoved to the side revealing the 220V plug behind it. Suspicions are confirmed as I see that the large orange extension cord is attached to the plug in a less than OSHA approved manner.

Outside I walk and there are several people standing out there, with the main focus being some guys who are known for buying items you don't usually keep in a dorm room. They bought themselves a new arc-wielder, but whoops, dorms are usually great places for arc-wielders. That didn't stop them from trying it out! On several chairs. Which they broke so that they could wield back together.

I laughed and walked on, but hey, if anyone needed two metal pieces attached and duct tape wasn't doing the job...

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    did I miss "Food at my school" talk??

I have espoused love for DoughCo before, they p. alright, but man I want the weather to be better so I have an excuse to go to:

http://princepucklers.com/ The best ice cream ever, couple blocks from my dorm.

Got my grades for Winter term, A+, A-, B, B-. Woooo, I'm competent!

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I had pizza today

they burned it

today was not the best day

Today was Harry Potter dinner night at my dorm.

The entire dining hall was decorated. It was divided into 4 sections, one for each house.

There was British food and for dessert, cakes-4 of them, each decorated with the colors of one of the 4 houses.

The drink station was relabled the Polyjuice Potion bar.

Today was the best day.

I imagine Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and Slytherin were packed, while only the creepy kid that nobody likes sat in Hufflepuff

Hahah, yeah! Totally.
    I sat in Hufflepuff.

BFL no hufflepuff isn't where winners sit

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    What makes you think I'm a winner?

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    you're always a winner in my eyes bfl

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thank you!

I am validated

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    neville wrote: »
    Using doubles where I should have used floats.

hrrnng

Would that my biggest problems was something like that... heh.

Well that was a lot of words I shouldn't have typed!

Neville you are the boss dog

The last part of this assignment should be fun.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I had pizza today

they burned it

today was not the best day

Today was Harry Potter dinner night at my dorm.

The entire dining hall was decorated. It was divided into 4 sections, one for each house.

There was British food and for dessert, cakes-4 of them, each decorated with the colors of one of the 4 houses.

The drink station was relabled the Polyjuice Potion bar.

Today was the best day.

I imagine Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and Slytherin were packed, while only the creepy kid that nobody likes sat in Hufflepuff

Hahah, yeah! Totally.
    I sat in Hufflepuff.

this is fucking incredible

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    also i'm totally a gryffindor

spencer couldn't get in to hogwarts

has to go to community wizard college

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    you are literally a racist

i am so ravenclaw you don't even know

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    yeah you'd think being hawaiian would get you some of that sweet sweet white man guilt

turns out you don't know your deprimo from your diffindo

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    i am so mad right now because i have actually read all of the harry potter books a lot and you are the worst

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    B for ethics. Pass for Art History. Just did not feel good enough about that final to switch to a letter grade.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hey do any of you smart school cats know anything about cryptography and ciphers? Do you want to help me solve one?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    B for ethics.

Yay?

Yay!!!!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Yeah I am fine with my Ethics grade though I was expecting an A. I really would like to find how they marked the final.

I was trying to find an old link and trawled through my post history via google looking for it. Dammit. I don't talk/type much differently now as compared to when I was 14 . . . I don't know how to feel about this. I am going to blame all of you guys. You stunted my writing abilities. As I'd likewise related on tinychat, I'd found old fanfiction I wrote when I was 13 (it was actually okay), and am upset my writing hasn't noticeably improved past that.

how the fuck does that happen?

• Options
    maybe it was really good fan fiction

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Nah it was just okay, there were stupid ideas but the prose was just too similar to what I would write now.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I don't know, my writing has improved over the years, despite my time here.

Does not mean it is good writing, but still.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    What

was the fanfiction about

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    @Muse write nothing but fanfiction

Also I don't mean to push so much, but did you fnish reading my piece?

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    checking my required materials for the quarter starting April 2nd

Orson Scott Card for an anthro course? The hell?

• Options
    Which Card book

• Options
    also what anthro

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    @Muse write nothing but fanfiction

Also I don't mean to push so much, but did you fnish reading my piece?

I emailed you

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Aite cool, thanks a bunch!

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    argh damn summer semester shit and not having enough classes to choose from!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yeah I am choosing classes right now, This quarter I will have to crash all my classes. I have guaranteed spots in 3 classes that do absolutely nothing for GEs or major and I'd much rather not be stuck with them. I don't quite know what happened this quarter, the past quarters most people I knew (along with myself) were able to get at least one class they wanted come registration. They'd add their other classes later the first week of new quarter when everyone was moving around. But this quarter it seems like everyone is going to need to crash because classes had filled up so much faster this time round. There are some really weird 'current schedules' right now, obviously born of the need to have enough classes to stay full-time. Maybe the upperclassmen really packed their schedules for their final quarter? I dunno, I'd never been very lucky with my registration pass times but I hadn't seen likewise with so many other people. I am going to assume this happens at the end of each year, as of now it certainly seems new and odd.

I wish I'd decided on transferring sooner because that makes picking classes out a lot harder. Basically, if it looks interesting I am assuming it will not transfer.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    So I have a programming project due on Monday that I haven't started yet. I set up a schedule so that I could leisurely do it over the course of my three day weekend. I promptly spent the last two days doing absolutely nothing.

Now I have only Sunday to finish the fucking thing.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I did the exact same thing trippy.

Except I'm really dumb and got 2/3rds of it done and its due in 2 hours. But unfortuantly I'm at work for 3 more.

Might be able to hand it in late if I can finish it when I get home so it might be ok.

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Moved back in to the dorm, said my hellos, immediately put on blast "I will Survive"

and now I am playing Hendrix entirely too loud

Roommate walks in "YES. I HEARD IT FROM DOWN THE HALL."

Good to be back.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Ahahahaha yes!

Someone on cplusplus.com is asking the exact questions about the exact same project.

Hello, person who's doing the same project as me.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    one on c++, one on se++

fascinating how life works out

• Options
    It has to be someone in my class, because all these posts were made over the last week. And it's due tomorrow!

b1ehrMM.gif
This discussion has been closed.