As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] Hotel Discussion Thread *Westin Waterfront & Seaport are SOLD OUT*

• a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    has any1 stayed at the wyndham hotel in chelsea mass? its close to the boston boarder.i am thinking about renting a room there.

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    has any1 stayed at the wyndham hotel in chelsea mass? its close to the boston boarder.i am thinking about renting a room there.

Actually, yes. I did stay there for the first PAX east. The hotel itself was nice enough. As I remember, it was a ten minute walk to the bus stop, another fifteen minutes to the T, and then another twenty minutes to get to the Hynes. Granted PAX is at the BCEC now, but I would still say that you should plan for an hour commute. Here is a quick map to give you an idea: http://g.co/maps/eft7v I would not say that it was a bad experience, but I did decide after that to always get a hotel that is close, and in my opinion Chelsea is not close. Also, if you are thinking of driving and not taking public transportation, the bridge to get there is a toll bridge. Pick up an ezpass or whatever it is called in your state, although you may be cutting it close if you have them mail it to you.

7B14287.png
  • TheEnd004500TheEnd004500 Registered User new member
    edited March 2012
    Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard Boston Tremont hotel? I'm booked there and would just like to hear some thoughts on how the hotel is.

TheEnd004500 on
  • TheEnd004500TheEnd004500 Registered User new member
    JerYnkFan wrote: »

Thanks man! I hope my stay there can be classed as "excellent"! :)

• ekeesekees Registered User new member
    SmallLady wrote:
    Reservations have gone to the Hotels!!!!
    Omni Parker House

Omni is sold out for the 6th and 7th.

Oy... why did I wait so long to take care of this!

• zertechzertech Registered User regular
    How many people do hotel let you cram into one room?

Like could i fit 6 people in one room?

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    zertech wrote: »
    How many people do hotel let you cram into one room?

Like could i fit 6 people in one room?
    Generally it's 4.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    Looks like I am skipping out on the n64 and will be bringing a gamecube along. At the very least ill be bringing mario kart, super smash brothers and mario party along. I just need to find 2 more controlers. Ill be staying over at the seaport and ill probably just prop the door open or put a sign on it or something but people are welcome to stop by and play and such. I just ask that you please be respectful and dont do anything stupid.

is any1 else staying at the wyndham in chelsea mass?.its a bit far but worth it for the price i paid

• zertechzertech Registered User regular
    is any1 else staying at the wyndham in chelsea mass?.its a bit far but worth it for the price i paid

yup...in the same room as you O_O...

So I just called Seaport to triple make sure my room was booked. They said I had a reservation but that I couldn't book a room with double beds ahead of time, instead it was on a first come-first serve basis. Does that sound right to anyone?

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    zertech wrote: »

yup...in the same room as you O_O...

"indeed daniel jackson"...you should prob call them up and make sure ur reservations are all set.

Also, apparently Seaport doesn't take a deposit and you just pay the day of check-out/in. So confused.

• KailKail Keeper of Awesomeness WMASSRegistered User regular
    Also, apparently Seaport doesn't take a deposit and you just pay the day of check-out/in. So confused.

I can confirm that for the Seaport you only pay at the end of your stay. I spoke with the front desk today to clarify for you all. So to reiterate, no deposit will be taken out for anyone staying in Seaport.

PAXEast 2013 Status - [] 3-day badge [] Hotel [] Challenge Coin
    VP of 5x5Servers.com
    Kail wrote: »

I can confirm that for the Seaport you only pay at the end of your stay. I spoke with the front desk today to clarify for you all. So to reiterate, no deposit will be taken out for anyone staying in Seaport.

Any news about the bed situation? Or do you not get what you've booked for because you don't pay a deposit?

Any news about the bed situation? Or do you not get what you've booked for because you don't pay a deposit?

It's their hotel policy. Everyone who reserved their room at the Seaport should get their room. The only thing they told me was that if we reserved our room though the PAX system we have to adhear to that 72 hour notice if we cancel. But, when I called I had a room and everything ready to go.
    P.S. the staff was very friendly.

VP of 5x5Servers.com
  • FireWaterFireWater Registered User regular
    FYI Weston Boston waterfront has rooms available for around $260 a night total cost, I canceled my Hilton reservation for it.

• Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    Guys http://harborsideinnboston.com/ is listing queen rooms available for the dates of PAX. I would like to also say that the Harborside Inn is excellent if anyone has hesitations I've stayed there plenty of times and I've never had a bad experience.

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular

That's almost every hotel.

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    Did anyone stay at the Marriott (Renaissance Boston Waterfront) for PAX East last year? I'm wondering if their TVs have a spare HDMI hookup for a laptop or console.

1EAFQ.gif
  • NeuralLinkNeuralLink Registered User regular
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    Did anyone stay at the Marriott (Renaissance Boston Waterfront) for PAX East last year? I'm wondering if their TVs have a spare HDMI hookup for a laptop or console.
    Yeah they do. IIRC, they had a whole input panel, separate from the TV even.

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular

It's their hotel policy. Everyone who reserved their room at the Seaport should get their room. The only thing they told me was that if we reserved our room though the PAX system we have to adhear to that 72 hour notice if we cancel. But, when I called I had a room and everything ready to go.

when I called to confirm my reservation, they also had me down for a king, but the lady I spoke to was super nice and said she'd note in my reservation that I needed two doubles.

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard Boston Tremont hotel? I'm booked there and would just like to hear some thoughts on how the hotel is.

I have stayed there a half dozen times for events going on at the Wilbur and other theaters in the area. It was a little loud on Halloween 2 years ago (for W00tstock) because there is a club downstairs that was having a large party, but the other times I've stayed have been really great experiences. They also regularly have deals on Priceline for name your own price, I've gotten rooms there for under $100.

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    NeuralLink wrote: »
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    Yeah they do. IIRC, they had a whole input panel, separate from the TV even.

I think NeuralLink has you backed up, considering that the hotel went through the trouble of providing an actual easy to use external port for people. Sounds like you're fine.

For the sake of discussing hotel policies though, I've noticed that even if all TVs seem to have input ports, some hotels go through the trouble of removing the ability to plug in external devices. I never went through the trouble of calling the front desk to see if it's a service that needs to be added or anything, etc. It's quite rare anyway, but it happens.

Again for the sake of discussion, I think anyone who plans on maxing out their PAX experience will stay a minimal amount of time at their hotel anyway, and that time would mostly be used for sleeping.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

when I called to confirm my reservation, they also had me down for a king, but the lady I spoke to was super nice and said she'd note in my reservation that I needed two doubles.

Make sure you actually get a new confirmation from them that indicates the two doubles.

One thing that is incredibly important as people call to confirm their reservations with the hotels: Make sure you get a full reservation confirmation emailed to you before you get off the phone if you are having them make changes. This way you can see exactly what they have in the system, and you can have the reservation in writing with a confirmation number. Your OnPeak reservation confirmation is not the same thing as your confirmation with the hotel.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    zerzhul wrote: »

Make sure you actually get a new confirmation from them that indicates the two doubles.

One thing that is incredibly important as people call to confirm their reservations with the hotels: Make sure you get a full reservation confirmation emailed to you before you get off the phone if you are having them make changes. This way you can see exactly what they have in the system, and you can have the reservation in writing with a confirmation number. Your OnPeak reservation confirmation is not the same thing as your confirmation with the hotel.

also, make sure to print out that confirmation and bring it with you. it will do you a world of good if any confusion arises.

also as well, this sounds like something that should be brought to onpeak's attention. should they be allowing people to book specific room types if those room types aren't actually guaranteed by the hotel? i would think they could at least put some sort of notice up so you know the policy when you book.

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • ShiosShios Poopfeast420 Orlando, FLRegistered User regular
    Cross-posting form the first timers thread.

My girlfriend and I want to avoid cabs at all costs. Bad experiences. We're flying into Logan International Friday around 3pm and we're staying at the Seaport. Anyone have directions on what bus/train/etc. we could take? I've been reading a lot about this T thing. Is that the train?

We've never been to Boston before so this is all a bit overwhelming. I also read that for 15 bucks we can get a pass for us to take the train/bus/boat/etc. all week.

Just looking for travel advice. Thanks.

Shios wrote: »

My girlfriend and I want to avoid cabs at all costs. Bad experiences. We're flying into Logan International Friday around 3pm and we're staying at the Seaport. Anyone have directions on what bus/train/etc. we could take? I've been reading a lot about this T thing. Is that the train?

We've never been to Boston before so this is all a bit overwhelming. I also read that for 15 bucks we can get a pass for us to take the train/bus/boat/etc. all week.

Silver line goes right to the seaport. World Trade Center stop.

• jcuredjcured Registered User regular
    Anyone else staying @ Embassy Suites? If so maybe we can travel together to the convention on sat and sunday?

edited March 2012

Is that the bus or the train/subway

Edit: Looked it up, it's the subway. Thanks a bunch buddy :)

Shios on

Is that the bus or the train/subway?

It's technically a bus, but it's part of the MBTA subway system.

http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/MBTA#Silver_Line
    http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/MBTA#From_Logan_Airport

Is that the bus or the train/subway?

It's technically a bus, but it's part of the MBTA subway system.

http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/MBTA#Silver_Line
    http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/MBTA#From_Logan_Airport

A bus/subway hybrid. Interesting. Thanks again :)

• fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    {huge sigh of relief} Just called the Seaport. They have my reservation and it is correct. :) I didn't think to ask for an email confirmation, which is a great idea. Maybe I can just send them an email now that I've called.

I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
    tvethiopia wrote: »

also, make sure to print out that confirmation and bring it with you. it will do you a world of good if any confusion arises.

also as well, this sounds like something that should be brought to onpeak's attention. should they be allowing people to book specific room types if those room types aren't actually guaranteed by the hotel? i would think they could at least put some sort of notice up so you know the policy when you book.

Words cannot describe how disappointed I was when I called and my room's state of beds was up in the air.

tvethiopia wrote: »

Words cannot describe how disappointed I was when I called and my room's state of beds was up in the air.

/off topic - BUILD BUNK BEDS!!!

/on topic - This seems like an issue where PAX should be contacting OnPeak if any more confusion arises.

VP of 5x5Servers.com
    That would give my room so much more space for activities..

• fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    Just an update: I emailed Seaport Reservations this afternoon and I got a kind reply five minutes later saying I'd receive my reservation confirmation within the hour. And I did! :)

I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
  • jma00a1jma00a1 Registered User regular
    KoalaBro2 wrote: »
    Dragant wrote: »
    I had no idea what Hotel was connected to the BCEC, so its too late to book their now. Going with my GF, we live about half an hour away but contemplating getting a hotel close enough to walk. Closest one is Boston Marriott Long Wharf, would take about half an hour walking. Worth it?

At the end of a full day of PAX, you will not want to do a half hour walk. If you only live half an hour away, the additional cost of cab fare will probably be less than the cost of the hotel, so I would say "not worth it."

The Water taxi runs from Long wharf to the Seaport. Just an option, think it is $10.00.

8-)

"You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young." "Why, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen."
  • KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    jma00a1 wrote: »
    KoalaBro2 wrote: »
    At the end of a full day of PAX, you will not want to do a half hour walk. If you only live half an hour away, the additional cost of cab fare will probably be less than the cost of the hotel, so I would say "not worth it."

The Water taxi runs from Long wharf to the Seaport. Just an option, think it is $10.00.

8-)

The water taxi only runs until 10 PM. You will not want to leave at 10 PM. Even if you don't go to the concerts, you'll want to hit the freeplay areas during that time.